AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-03-19, 18:00   Link #961
Chosen_Hero

I am also sad about Orga, but all I can say to those complaining about it is: "Life's tough, get a helmet".
Old 2017-03-19, 18:24   Link #962
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I am also sad about Orga, but all I can say to those complaining about it is: "Life's tough, get a helmet".
You mean a bullet-proof vest?

.........Too soon?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 18:52   Link #963
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Exactly that I been saying
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 19:27   Link #964
Skaddix

Eh if you read my posts before this episode in this thread. You know why I am especially annoyed by this development.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 21:22   Link #965
darkone45

^ and ? I'm annoyed by Hush's development but I'm not gonna stop plus Orga had a way better send off then Lafter did ( she just died with out any last min moment)
Old 2017-03-19, 21:25   Link #966
Skaddix

Are you really comparing Hush to a MC in Orga? I mean forget my representation comments. There is no comparison.

That is not equivalent at all.

No Lafter was better. It was tragic sure but at least she died without being crapped on by the writers for half the season before her death. She died true to character.
Old 2017-03-19, 21:35   Link #967
NBG

Here's what I need to happen so I don't absolutely lose my sh*t when all of tekkadan ends up dying in the next 2 episodes

1. Hope Orga explained his plan to Chad/Ride/Kudelia/Atra. I don't want next episode to tell me "Orga said he had a plan!... but we don't know what it was because he kind of died...

2. Connect to those underground cables and contact Azee ASAP!!

3. GET ATRA AND KUDELIA TO TEIWAZ MARS OFFICE SO THEY CAN ESCAPE TO EARTH. HELL SAVE MERRIBIT TOO!
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 21:36   Link #968
Skaddix

We kinda know Kudelia lives.

Even though I am super annoyed at her and want her to just die.
Old 2017-03-19, 21:39   Link #969
darkone45

No she didn't, compare to Orga who even after getting shot who knows how times he still took a stand said what he need to say and then left a mark for Tekkadan to keep moving he died a e true leaders death as for Lafter ? I love her character but her death was cheap, after her flash back its as if after she meat her criteria she need to go, ( wasn't a very good death ) sorry but her death compared to Orga was lame ( she didn't even get a ending like the others did) and Yes I'm going to compare because all of Tekkadan are main characters in this show, I'll be honest if you want to leave that your choice but in my Opinion Orga's death was legendary and I won't forget it
Old 2017-03-19, 21:45   Link #970
Skaddix

No they aren't. Not all characters are main characters. What world do you live in?

No Naze and Amida was Legendary. Orgas was trash but maybe I should describe it like this. It wasn't so much Orga dying that annoyed me. Its the fact I had to put up with 10 Episodes of Orga being a sad sack who need a peptalk every episode showing no tactical acumen before he died.

IMO, They Character Assassinated Orga, Then They Actually Assassinated HIm.
Old 2017-03-19, 21:53   Link #971
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
No they aren't. Not all characters are main characters. What world do you live in?

No Naze and Amida was Legendary. Orgas was trash but maybe I should describe it like this. It wasn't so much Orga dying that annoyed me. Its the fact I had to put up with 10 Episodes of Orga being a sad sack who need a peptalk every episode showing no tactical acumen before he died.

IMO, They Character Assassinated Orga, Then They Actually Assassinated HIm.
I'm not sure what world do you ? as far as I know Orga ( who is an MC ) treats everyone in Tekkadan equal and heck earlier on Hush had just as much screen time as Akihiro ( even more so then our princess) he was even in the same room as all the other characters ( who I see as main characters) there are anime that have group as MCs you know, good example is gurran lagann or Hitman reborn where the group is the MCs , I thought we were talking about lafter ? the only thing I agree with is Orga was being kinda sad sack but this episode saved it for me and reminded me why I love Orga in the beginning.
Old 2017-03-19, 21:58   Link #972
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Just my two cents on Orga's character this season, I liked the direction that they had with him overall before he died. So I liked what they did to him. I thought it was a good way to showcase the extreme pressures he's forced to undergone. He did his best even when he wasn't perfect to do the hardest role in Tekkadan, and he went out like a true boss, protecting his own underlings.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 22:01   Link #973
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Just my two cents on Orga's character this season, I liked the direction that they had with him overall before he died. So I liked what they did to him. I thought it was a good way to showcase the extreme pressures he's forced to undergone. He did his best even when he wasn't perfect to do the hardest role in Tekkadan, and he went out like a true boss, protecting his own underlings.
Old 2017-03-19, 22:24   Link #974
Irenesharda

I just realized this is probably the unexpected death that the producer was talking about. I really expected Orga to at least last until the final battle. No one thought they were going to go through their final battle without their commander in chief.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 22:25   Link #975
tdx

I didn't start complaining now either. And not only about Orga, or even Kudelia. Unsightly things've been happening even with McGillis' character whom I can't say I'm too fond of personally, but the ooc and inconsistencies in character are just impossible not to notice.

I also explained my viewpoint of why this particular death could've worked wonders at the beginning (like Kamina's did) and why it's utterly pointless now, at the end, coming off as nothing more than the shock factor for the sake of shock factor. It's especially bad seeing that Orga is not Lafter (or Hush for that matter) who, no matter how lovable, was still only a side character, while Orga is even more of a main character than Mika, because of the setup of Mika being what he is and Orga running things.

I doubt we'll even get the Berserker rage out of this so many anticipated throughout the show, so what was the point? I have yet to see a well-founded, factual argumentation on the necessity of many things we've been witnessing lately, including the happenings of the latest episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
When it was his underlings, who were supposed to protect their leader. The underlings who are experienced child soldiers who've been doing this security thing all of their lives and even proved capable of actually doing it earlier (Chad in particular and his saving Makanai's life), but no, they had to get hit with a sack of nerfing potatoes, too. For teh drama, of course.

Excuse me if I don't find it anymore believable than what a wide variety of people complained about in the previous episodes, like Mika the one hit killer getting bested by Julietta and failing to finish her. It's all just plot contrivance at this point. You can try to suspend your disbelief harder or come up with some justifications like I remember myself trying at least since the beginning of this arc, but the fact will remain, the show itself doesn't provide the justifications, it just expects the viewer to brush it off, to forget or do the "well, you're smart, you'll think of something to explain it, we're counting on you for that".
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 22:37   Link #976
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I just realized this is probably the unexpected death that the producer was talking about. I really expected Orga to at least last until the final battle. No one thought they were going to go through their final battle without their commander in chief.
It had a very gangster movie feel, didn't it?
He didn't die making a glorious final stand.
Just mercilessly cut down by bullets.

And it's tragic since I think it stems from Orga's still lingering guilt towards his subordinates
It's almost that he wanted to die this way and feel redeemed...
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 22:49   Link #977
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
I didn't start complaining now either. And not only about Orga, or even Kudelia. Unsightly things've been happening even with McGillis' character whom I can't say I'm too fond of personally, but the ooc and inconsistencies in character are just impossible not to notice.

I also explained my viewpoint of why this particular death could've worked wonders at the beginning (like Kamina's did) and why it's utterly pointless now, at the end, coming off as nothing more than the shock factor for the sake of shock factor. It's especially bad seeing that Orga is not Lafter (or Hush for that matter) who, no matter how lovable, was still only a side character, while Orga is even more of a main character than Mika, because of the setup of Mika being what he is and Orga running things.

I doubt we'll even get the Berserker rage out of this so many anticipated throughout the show, so what was the point? I have yet to see a well-founded, factual argumentation on the necessity of many things we've been witnessing lately, including the happenings of the latest episode.

When it was his underlings, who were supposed to protect their leader. The underlings who are experienced child soldiers who've been doing this security thing all of their lives and even proved capable of actually doing it earlier (Chad in particular and his saving Makanai's life), but no, they had to get hit with a sack of nerfing potatoes, too. For teh drama, of course.

Excuse me if I don't find it anymore believable than what a wide variety of people complained about in the previous episodes, like Mika the one hit killer getting bested by Julietta and failing to finish her. It's all just plot contrivance at this point. You can try to suspend your disbelief harder or come up with some justifications like I remember myself trying at least since the beginning of this arc, but the fact will remain, the show itself doesn't provide the justifications, it just expects the viewer to brush it off, to forget or do the "well, you're smart, you'll think of something to explain it, we're counting on you for that".

Yeah its not Orga dying for Tekkadan that is the problem. Its Orga dying just to save Ride. Naze and Amida going down to save as many Turbines as possible is one thing. Orga dying just to bail out Ride when its Ride's job to protect Orga is just bad writing. I mean it be one thing if it was a Sniper Shot from long range. But in this case don't wear your Tekkadan Jackets and take the bullet for your leader in an obvious drive by scenario.

I mean I don't like the justification for Orga being off his game for so many episodes but you can make one. That doesn't excuse Chad for instance failing to do something he was shown as capable of doing earlier with Makanai. Or Ride failing at his job. Orga being off his game doesn't apply to the rest of Tekkadan who are low tier superhuman thanks to AV and extensively trained PMC.

And you hit on another thing. The writers thumbing their noses in our face by giving Iok, Julietta and Gali insane plot armor. Iok survived the Mobile Armor Awakening, Survived Trying to Snipe, Survived a Ship getting crashed into his, Survived a Danslief being fired right at him and getting stabbed this episode. Then we have Julietta surviving multiple fights despite being completely outclassed by Amida and Mika. Gali somehow living Edmonton and then getting bailed out against McGillis because his sister just happened to stab McGillis though the hand.

People want to claim Orga's death is realistic fine apply that to Team Rustal cheating death with plot armor all the time.

My problem is I don't think Tekkadan's Current Plight was well developed. I think they got railroaded by the writers with Orga, McGillis, Kudelia and Mika taking massive nerfs to competence as compared to S1. And while you can say Orga has a reason. There is no reason for Mika and McGillis not finalizing Kills. McGillis having no real plan for fighting Arianhord. He didn't even have one if the Bael Plan worked. Just superior numbers which Rustal probably would have shredded with Dansliefs anyway. Or Kudelia to be 100% worthless for most of this season.
Old 2017-03-19, 23:39   Link #978
Olengie

I told my brother it was Ride's fault he died. And he said it was because he was a kid and not a soldier. Called him out on it. Lol
Olengie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 23:43   Link #979
Skaddix

Especially when Ride has been shown to be fearless and highly comptent up to this point.

He jumps in front of civillians in his mecha that he doesn't even know when a Mobile Armor fires
But wont take a bullet for Orga.

Get these hack writers out of here.
Old 2017-03-19, 23:49   Link #980
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Yeah its not Orga dying for Tekkadan that is the problem. Its Orga dying just to save Ride. Naze and Amida going down to save as many Turbines as possible is one thing. Orga dying just to bail out Ride when its Ride's job to protect Orga is just bad writing. I mean it be one thing if it was a Sniper Shot from long range. But in this case don't wear your Tekkadan Jackets and take the bullet for your leader in an obvious drive by scenario.

I mean I don't like the justification for Orga being off his game for so many episodes but you can make one. That doesn't excuse Chad for instance failing to do something he was shown as capable of doing earlier with Makanai. Or Ride failing at his job. Orga being off his game doesn't apply to the rest of Tekkadan who are low tier superhuman thanks to AV and extensively trained PMC.

Chad was shot and grounded instantly the attack started, and Orga covered Ride before he could do anything. Then it ended mere seconds later after Orga returned fire (miraculously hitting the gunmen in a sitting position, while twisting around, through a car window, from about half a block away, with a sidearm, crazy stuff ikr?).

The main point though was that Orga was written to die this episode for whatever developments they have planned for the last 2 eps. You may not liked how it played out, but the scenario works thematically regardless of whether Orga saved Ride or vice-versa (with Orga dying in both scenarios). So they decided to go with the Orga shielding route to reinforce his views of protecting his family, while at the same time leaving an impact on a character they could work with later (as opposed to having Ride and Orga both being cut down)

And you hit on another thing. The writers thumbing their noses in our face by giving Iok, Julietta and Gali insane plot armor. Iok survived the Mobile Armor Awakening, Survived Trying to Snipe, Survived a Ship getting crashed into his, Survived a Danslief being fired right at him and getting stabbed this episode. Then we have Julietta surviving multiple fights despite being completely outclassed by Amida and Mika. Gali somehow living Edmonton and then getting bailed out against McGillis because his sister just happened to stab McGillis though the hand.

Everything's fine here except the Gali part, we clearly saw this episode an example of how a blade can go through a cockpit without killing someone, with or without plot armor. So Gali surviving is not far fetched at all. The real problem as you note later is McGillis not properly securing the kill.

And Gaelio would have won eventually against McGillis in that battle regardless of his hurt hand IMO. Kimaris Vidar with the Type-E more than made up for whatever differences in piloting skill lay between Gaelio and Macky, which means it comes down to the MS, in which Kimaris was clearly superior

People want to claim Orga's death is realistic fine apply that to Team Rustal cheating death with plot armor all the time.

What does Orga's death have to do with Rustal's faction having plot armor? Thematically it worked mobster style getting killed in a drive-by, realistically it worked as getting shot that much and loosing that much blood means you die. Its that simple. Since none of Rustal or his main players died yet, whats the reason for this comparison???

My problem is I don't think Tekkadan's Current Plight was well developed. I think they got railroaded by the writers with Orga, McGillis, Kudelia and Mika taking massive nerfs to competence as compared to S1. And while you can say Orga has a reason. There is no reason for Mika and McGillis not finalizing Kills. McGillis having no real plan for fighting Arianhord. He didn't even have one if the Bael Plan worked. Just superior numbers which Rustal probably would have shredded with Dansliefs anyway. Or Kudelia to be 100% worthless for most of this season.
Insert above for clarity

Last edited by Skye629; 2017-03-20 at 00:00.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote