Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-31, 13:48   Link #701
SeaDoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
This wasn't a proper ending for the series to be honest, it was just... [snip]
I see that as the central theme of this episode, war never ends.

Was expecting at least one more discourse between Tanya and Being X during this episode but the story simply left it as the the futility of war. I can see that as this story continues Tanya will become the focal point of the accumulated hatred from all sides and could become the ultimate sacrifice that stops this particular war.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-31, 14:02   Link #702
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xical View Post
No fanservice?
And all the fanservice in the beach in episode 11 and looking to an sleeping Visha in 10 don't count??
Not moe???
Sleeping Visha in 10 or beach in 11 is more nighmare for eyes rather than "fanservice"
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-31, 14:49   Link #703
eiyuuou

Devil of Rhine becomes "Terror of Za Waarudo"
Old 2017-03-31, 15:12   Link #704
Tiberium Wolf

Oh more Tanya expressions. We need to make a compilation.
Old 2017-03-31, 15:35   Link #705
konart

Anime of the season obviously.

Hopefully we will get more in years to come.
Old 2017-03-31, 15:46   Link #706
DemonneoPT

Quote:
No fanservice?
And all the fanservice in the beach in episode 11 and looking to an sleeping Visha in 10 don't count??
Not moe???
All the enemies that have the bad luck of come closer to Tanya in a fight become a pile of ashes and cinders because of how moe she is.
Ahah, if you call that fanservice then ok, you had a few seconds of it in the entire season but i have to agree with Panzer regarding this subject :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzercracker View Post
Sleeping Visha in 10 or beach in 11 is more nighmare for eyes rather than "fanservice"
I mean, Visha is scarier than the ugliest character draw by Oda (One Piece). That alone says everything. Plus Tanya's character is everything but moe. At least in the anime. Using her shinny tremble eyes to deceive someone should be considered dark humor instead
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-31, 16:22   Link #707
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Plus Tanya's character is everything but moe. At least in the anime. Using her shinny tremble eyes to deceive someone should be considered dark humor instead
But I think Tanya is the very definition of moe ( 燃え ), dunno what other "moe" you all are thinking about.
Old 2017-03-31, 17:02   Link #708
DemonneoPT

When i talk about moe i'm referring to both char design and personality. You know, constantly being cute, sounding cute and doing cute things. The MC in Kyoukai no Kanata is the best example i can think of it. Tanya is the total opposite of that. True, sometimes she can act cute too (for a few seconds that is ) but it's just to achieve her evil goals and for comedic relief. When i first saw Youjo Senki being announced in the season chart i was expecting that type of moe i described above and tons of fanservice taking into account how every LN about such topics tend to be. I'm glad i was wrong in this case in particular.
Old 2017-03-31, 17:27   Link #709
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This final episode was basically one giant set-up for a second season. There better be one!

This wasn't the anime of the season for me (not when you have the likes of Rakugo or Gintama in it), but it certainly was THE surprise. Isekai LN series with such a strong concept and tight writing are incredibly rare.
Old 2017-03-31, 17:41   Link #710
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
When i talk about moe i'm referring to both char design and personality. You know, constantly being cute, sounding cute and doing cute things. The MC in Kyoukai no Kanata is the best example i can think of it. Tanya is the total opposite of that. True, sometimes she can act cute too (for a few seconds that is ) but it's just to achieve her evil goals and for comedic relief. When i first saw Youjo Senki being announced in the season chart i was expecting that type of moe i described above and tons of fanservice taking into account how every LN about such topics tend to be. I'm glad i was wrong in this case in particular.
Sorry, it seems that the joke and the pun intended in my comment was lost in translation, my bad.
Old 2017-03-31, 20:26   Link #711
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I can't see Mary Sioux beating Tanya.

Even with God's power, her experience and training too inferior.

If her dad couldn't beat her, no way can she do it.

But those Generals dropped the ball.

9/10 (Needs a 2nd season NOW!)

-Lost a point for animation design.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-31, 20:27   Link #712
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Sorry, it seems that the joke and the pun intended in my comment was lost in translation, my bad.
Ups, sorry, i'm not very good at detecting those
Old 2017-03-31, 21:12   Link #713
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So back to war and now it seems like everyone gunning for them with that guy daughter as well

7/10 Need another longer season
Old 2017-03-31, 21:12   Link #714
Panzercracker

If they make season 2, I hope they will change art style and CGI to better level. Their art is really a eyesore, meanwhile the cover of DVD 1 follow level of LN art, lolz. And Mary Sioux's art is sure a turned down with loli-like but ugly face, lolz

BTW, this series only become good only in later half and poor at early half (in term of story building and CGI), I point it 7/10.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 00:36   Link #715
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 00:46   Link #716
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I can't see Mary Sioux beating Tanya.

Even with God's power, her experience and training too inferior.

If her dad couldn't beat her, no way can she do it.
She's literally a Mary Sue. That implies all kinds of bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzercracker View Post
If they make season 2, I hope they will change art style and CGI to better level. Their art is really a eyesore, meanwhile the cover of DVD 1 follow level of LN art, lolz. And Mary Sioux's art is sure a turned down with loli-like but ugly face, lolz

BTW, this series only become good only in later half and poor at early half (in term of story building and CGI), I point it 7/10.
It's obvious the budget was minuscule. It relies heavily on a small amount of music, the action scenes are rarely animated, and there's a lot of still frames, slow shots, close ups, and heavy use of cgi for background characters and special effects because it's easier to recycle those animations.

This could also be to its benefit though. A second season probably won't cost much to produce and might be worth it for the studio for the slight bump in novel and merchandise sales.
Old 2017-04-01, 02:11   Link #717
Yamada II

Episode 12

That ending. Dammit. We need a second season. Tanya and Rerugen's chat was nice. Tanya sounded like some old guy who's seen too much in the world and has too many experiences lol. She was right all along about the war not being over yet. The Republicans are coming back for more. This is quite the failure on Strategic HQ's part since they didn't end things there and then.

The second generation of hatred is here too with Anton's daughter joining the American army to avenge her father. Tanya's acting in the end lol. She looked like she was about to ask God for help but then she started cursing kami-sama lol.

This was less of a finale and more of a prologue for the events to follow. We need a second season of hatred.

Overall, I liked this show. The visuals were outstanding in the last few battle episodes. Episode 11 was sugoi and the battle of Arene was pretty darn cool too. This probably had only one episode with considerably low visuals, but it was pretty consistent otherwise. Their depiction of the battlefield was cool. Tanya's voice acting was great too. Liked all that loli badassery and cruelty. Great stuff.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 06:12   Link #718
moridin84
Custom User Title

Did the anime go for an original ending or was the ending the same as the light novel. As in, this matches to the end of one of the volumes.

It's just that I don't think this would have happened if it was the real world. And when odd things happen at the end of an anime it's normally because it was an original ending.

(Though it could just put as down "Being X screwing around")

Anyhow, I guess it's over
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 10:39   Link #719
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

If I got comments right, the anime ended somethere around the end of vol. 3. They should have covered at least one battle in African campaign or so to finish it.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 12:48   Link #720
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
If I got comments right, the anime ended somethere around the end of vol. 3. They should have covered at least one battle in African campaign or so to finish it.
they could have finish the entire Africa arc if they want to, by making this a proper 13 episodes season, and get rid of all the extra anime things you could squeeze in another 1.5 episodes and finish the entire book 3, but in exchange, you get a 12 episodes anime with a proper stage boss (Anson) and a grand final fight which the novel did not have, kind of like episode one when anime start in the middle of the action sequences trying to hook people in to watch instead of starting at the story’s beginning, hard to tell which way is better, just about all the anime’s changes are for the sake of trying to attract people who has not read the novel or manga, and it is my impression most complains about this series (character design, story changes) are from people who had read and like the source materials better.

Tags
reincarnation, tactics