AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 50 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 16.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 9.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 9.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 4.12%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 27.84%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-04-02, 06:07   Link #61
mickbis

The episode good part for me is the survival of remaining Tekkadan
everyone else aside from our 2 hero got to survived

I thought all of them are going to die in the blaze of glory so this is much better than I expected
If not for this I would instantly give this one 1/10
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 06:10   Link #62
devilo96

This is the result When someone try to do their best for the story...as the result it become poor plot....
No offense but Now i hope the ibo writer should take it easy like gundam 00 writer like make the mc kill the fucking villains ...btw who is the gundam 00 writer ?
I wish he/she take the job to make another gundam series
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 06:10   Link #63
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just saw it on YT.

Hooooo.........what an ending....... I actually like it

They went with the Braveheart ending where main bad guys win and got what they wanted while most of the protags got screwed but Mars actually got liberated in the end and got economical boost and no more human debris, no more stinky aristocratic rulers like Iok and Nobliss offed without dignity. All the bad omens sprinkled throughout the series for Tekkadan have come true where Tekkadan as an organization is perished, but some of the remaining members got second chance at life. They keep moving forward in different ways to survive and being successful in life just like what Orga wanted. Tekkadan is a means of an end, and the end is pretty much achieved now. And Mika’s child is the symbol of hope just like William Wallace’s unborn child in Braveheart.

Also, so many people confuse bad/grim/bitter ending with bad writing. I’m glad they went all the way. Everything is following on what’s already established before. There’s no random deus ex machina like MAs suddenly appear just so that Tekkadan can finish off Rustal, or Gali suddenly betraying and shooting Rustal like many have predicted and wanted. You want an example of bad writing in Gundam? Look no further than Gundam Wing where Zechs want to blow up Earth for no good reason or Gundam Age last arc that is outright insulting your intelligence. Not even Destiny is that bad when it comes to story aside from recycling some SEED elements and retconning Mwu’s death.

Also, That fucking Iok Kujan is dead in one of the most miserable ways possible. Thank fucking god! I'm a happy man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
I was under the impression that they didn't have the means to mass produce anymore kinda like them not being able to synch two Ahab Reactors. But boy was I wrong Rustal seems to have no shortage of them.
Wrong. Dainsleif is banned, not impossible to reproduce once you study it. Even Teiwaz can make one. And it’s already established since Iok’s massacre that Gjallarhorn have a warehouse full of them (maybe even more).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
I hate to say this, but this kind of ending makes Delta looks better..
No, not even close. Delta is half-ass in almost every way. It has half-ass male MC, half-ass romance, half-ass villains, half-ass battles, and even half-ass ending that threatened the Macross franchise.

IBO goes all the way.
Old 2017-04-02, 06:14   Link #64
Azurial

Season three pls XD......fuck GBF/T (if they're making on in the future and fuck Twilight Axis bullshit ) IBO is the god Mika's son looks like him only the hair that is not :/ light brown is not my fav color but oh well.

lucky old man as always

im pissed on how they give Julieta the one who finish off Mika she BARELY do anything and if only Mika had a little bit more gas he could have rip her to shred but nope Okada gotta go with the dramatic touch . ( season three in da future pls Akatsuki revenge yo daddy XD )

HELL TO THE FUCKING YES IDIOK'S FUCKING DIED AND NOOBLISS TOO! Idiok's death give me another day to live on XD thx to Akihiro yup that nipper is very useful indeed

overall nice end i...guess not that satisfy tbh since non of the Tekkadan top member live only like 3 lives Eugene, Takaki and Chad.

i demand season 3 fuck the new series give me IBO XD
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 06:17   Link #65
Skaddix

Yeah Iok dying isn't cathartic for me.

Because after that I get to watch Julietta getting served a win on silver platter and deliver a speech with Barbatos Head on her sword. The most undeserved win in Gundam History. She didn't win because she was a better pilot or a smarter pilot or anything like that. She won because Okada blessed her with Infinite Plot Armor.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 06:21   Link #66
Irenesharda

After having seen everything, I have to say that yes, there was indeed still bad writing. As I was mentioning elsewhere, going "against expectations" or "all the way" doesn't make something good. And it especially doesn't work since I really think the series was pulled in the wrong direction much earlier on.
You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I still hold that this was a disappointing ending that could have been much better if the writers had stayed on target the entire way through. As many have said, the show basically began to diverge and lose altitude around the Naze death point.

This is going to go down as one of the most disappointing endings for many people, and I probably will never watch the second season again. But it was nice while it lasted...

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 06:24   Link #67
mickbis

All I want now is to let Bandai took over this plot with their newer Super Robot Wars game
and write different ending for the Tekkadan group
Julietta speech after taking the Devil head really anger me as well
but smart move on her part and the only logical choice for her to do
still she will not have a true happy life knowing the reason behind blood on her hand
Old 2017-04-02, 06:27   Link #68
Skaddix

And to think I spent so much time hating on GBT as a poor 2nd season to a great 1st Season.

The problem with saying ambition did Orga and Tekkadan in is twofold.

1) Ambition For More Power Didn't Hurt Rustal
2) You can easily make the case that a lack of Ambition is what lead to Naze getting blindsided by Jalsey. If he was more ambitious. He would have knocked Jalsey off before Jalsey did him in.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 06:31   Link #69
Dragon_Slayer_X

It doesn't really matter......Juli is still a Rustal fangirl, even if she knows the reasons she won't go or say against it. Just like how Gali is still supports corruption despite being aware of it.

Iok and Juli technically took Carta and Gali's place in the second season and their outcome is also the same.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 06:45   Link #70
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
And to think I spent so much time hating on GBT as a poor 2nd season to a great 1st Season.

The problem with saying ambition did Orga and Tekkadan in is twofold.

1) Ambition For More Power Didn't Hurt Rustal
2) You can easily make the case that a lack of Ambition is what lead to Naze getting blindsided by Jalsey. If he was more ambitious. He would have knocked Jalsey off before Jalsey did him in.
Nah, the lesson is not "Don't be ambitious", it's "Don't be ambitious if you are not smart enough"
Old 2017-04-02, 06:46   Link #71
B214

So Mika, Orga and Akihiro dies. Can't really say i'm surprise with this. Still Ride has people working with him. Yeah i suppose they might be leaving the option of a sequel with Ride as the MC.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 06:46   Link #72
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, I never said that grand ambition alone done Orga & McG in. It's what they did with said grand ambition and how (wrong) they executed it that lead to their fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
After having seen everything, I have to say that yes, there was indeed still bad writing. As I was mentioning elsewhere, going "against expectations" or "all the way" doesn't make something good. And it especially doesn't work since I really think the series was pulled in the wrong direction much earlier on.
You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I still hold that this was a disappointing ending that could have been much better if the writers had stayed on target the entire way through. As many have said, the show basically began to diverge and lose altitude around the Naze death point.
The kind of "bad writing" that people complained these past episodes have been there since Season 1 but many people ignored it because Tekkadan generally wins in the end. Now that Tekkadan got screwed, some of them actually got cherrypickly brought up.

And I’m certainly going to to rewatch this season again on BD along with Braveheart, Scarface and Evangelion who have nastier ending. In fact, in Evangelion, the main villains won and got what they wanted while screwing the protags lef and right. There’s always going to be pro-contra when it comes to that kind of ending.

Oh, btw fun fact: go to the YT page where the episode is aired on Gundaminfo and there you’ll see (so far) 780 likes against and 83 dislikes. Previous episode (49) has 1338 likes against 82 dislikes. That’s from Asian region who can access and watch the video. And we all know all kinds of people (from most hardcore fans to Gundam newcomers) follow that channel for their IBO fix since Season 1. And unlike Sony with their Fembusters, it’s guaranteed that Gundaminfo never erase the comments or change the like-dislike counts .

Oh, and Rustal is certainly one of the smartest main villains in Gundam history. So smooth till the end.
Old 2017-04-02, 06:48   Link #73
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
So Mika, Orga and Akihiro dies. Can't really say i'm surprise with this. Still Ride has people working with him. Yeah i suppose they might be leaving the option of a sequel with Ride as the MC.
Look like younger Tekkadan member
cannot let go of their hate
Old 2017-04-02, 06:49   Link #74
akumaten

Damn...I wanted Mika to see his kid. ;_;
Julieta, you will never shine. EVER. You call them devils, you run with abominations.
Akihiro, I wanted you to see Lafter when you were an old man, but at least you took that Idiok with you.
Nobless had a befiting death, died in his own shit. Thanks, Ride.
Meribit and Yukinojo are doing swell. Their first kid is a big one, just like the old man.

Life goes on...

That was fun. As a whole, one of the better Gundam series in a long time.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 06:49   Link #75
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Initial reaction while watching the episode:
Fuck them all, I rather the good guys win and the world is made all the worse for it!!!

Upon regaining my composure post-episode:
Gotta admit, I kinda liked the ending. The historical parallels to real world events (i.e. dropping of atomic bombs, followed by Japan's reform as a US ally) are quite interesting for a history buff heh Sure, the execution towards this ending wasn't done very well, and clearly some characters suffered for it. But I think the larger takeaway is: in the dirty, gritty realist portrayal of politics and war in the IBO universe, our eponymous good guys aren't going to come out victorious or even alive. What makes the ending bittersweet, and a refreshing departure from the usual serving we get from Gundam is that in spite of their downfall, their sacrifices fashioned a better world for everyone else (even if Rustal, Gjallarhorn and the antagonists take all the credit and get away scot-free for it).

Plus it certainly squares with cultural influences within Japan:
The Martian Union is really the IBO equivalent of post-WWII Japan: a bloc constituted from the ashes of war, comprising former members of Tekkadan now collaborating with their former foes (i.e. a reformed Gjallarhorn under Rustal). Sure, Kudelia was seriously sidelined for the bulk of the 2nd season, but at least the writers saw fit to carve a place for her in the post-McGillis Fareed incident world, and for her to make the most out of her unorthodox alliance with Rustal. Given how realistic the IBO world is, I think this really is the best ending we could have gotten. McGillis might be well-intentioned, but his thirst for unfettered power surely would have rubbed the power blocs on Earth the wrong way and gave way to even more conflict and malaise. Rustal's methods might be despicable, but at least he was politically-savvy enough to cede power to Mars for the sake of post-war reconstruction. In hindsight, Rustal was really a far more shrewd political operator compared to McGillis..

Final battle:
True like many of you I agonise over Mika's unceremonious defeat, but at the very least his sacrifice wasn't for naught. Even Julietta couldn't help but recognise him as a formidable adversary and how pure-hearted Tekkadan's fight was, and hopefully, once she succeeds Rustal she would keep these in mind and forge a world where there would be no need for recourse to war and bloodshed.

Gave the episode a 9/10 - my only complaint was that our protags were so emphatically crushed but thankfully the epilogue made up for it

Season-wise maybe a 7/10 - I think claims of character accusations were definitely valid, especially for Orga, Kudelia and even Mika. Julietta shouldn't have been so much a pushover initially so her later accolades against Tekkadan wouldn't stretch the contours of logic; but otherwise, it was one heck of a ride
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 06:51   Link #76
prototype_sky

At least they had the common sense to not let Mika lose to Monkey.
Also Gali sister was a no show, Rustal doing good in the end
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 06:54   Link #77
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

I think I'm the only guy here who liked how the ending went.
Sure the antagonists won, but seriously, calling it "bad writing" just because the good guys didn't win?

I liked how non-Gundam-orthodox this series went, and I liked the non-orthodox ending.
Old 2017-04-02, 06:57   Link #78
tdx

Quote:
Yes my closest ally tdx, I believe we stand vindicated.
Small comfort that is.
I guess I will treat this like Blade. Only S1 Exists. Much like I refuse to acknowledge Blade Trinity ever occurred.
Yeah, now people see our point, for what the fact is worth. What I wouldn't give to never have to sit through Orga losing all of his charisma, leadership qualities, tactical skills and transforming into a pathetic loser before getting brutally and meaninglessly offed, McGillis leaving his brains and his entire personality somewhere, Kudelia never politicking and being useful as the goddamn Maiden of Revolution, oh now, she had to be seen doing nothing other than being a third wheel of a forced triangle (and I think this just might be the worst triangle in the whole franchise? at least out of the shows I've watched, it definitely is the worst one). It must be some kind of talent, out of all the available routes to go with those characters to unfailingly pick the worst ones. And then to make it worse and make us watch things like Julietta getting to brandish what could effectively serve as Mika's head on a pike, and Gaelio and Rustal not only surviving and getting off scot-free but getting happy endings.

I can't even enjoy s1 anymore because I know how brutally most of the main characters are going to be assassinated in s2. Fuck it, seriously.

Quote:
Beyond that Kudelia finally got some anti Human Debris Legislation Passed.
Which ain't worth jack if you think about it. GH's laws are pretty sensible and stuff on paper. The caveat though? They don't work, no one upholds them which is the reason why the Outer sphere is pretty much lawless, the corrupt GH that must be the ones to uphold them is - surprise-surprise - corrupt and with Rustal at the helm it stays corrupt at the core, no matter how pretty the laws that disguise it are. If there's no guarantee GH will follow and protect its own laws (and with Rustal willing to break them as he sees fit we can't speak of any guarantees), that fact alone renders everything useless and meaningless.

I guess I'll go watch the Punisher because my thirst for justice being done is too strong after this craptastic ending with almost all the villains getting happy endings. Seriously, whoever thought switching the endings for protags and antags, with all the notable protags dead and humiliated and antags living happily ever after, would be a good idea? Was it Nagai? Then I'm not touching his future works with a ten-foot pole.

Last edited by tdx; 2017-04-02 at 07:12.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 07:00   Link #79
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, I never said that grand ambition alone done Orga & McG in. It's what they did with said grand ambition and how (wrong) they executed it that lead to their fall.

The kind of "bad writing" that people complained these past episodes have been there since Season 1 but many people ignored it because Tekkadan generally wins in the end. Now that Tekkadan got screwed, some of them actually got cherrypickly brought up.

And I’m certainly going to to rewatch this season again on BD along with Braveheart, Scarface and Evangelion who have nastier ending. In fact, in Evangelion, the main villains won and got what they wanted while screwing the protags lef and right. There’s always going to be pro-contra when it comes to that kind of ending.

Oh, btw fun fact: go to the YT page where the episode is aired on Gundaminfo and there you’ll see (so far) 780 likes against and 83 dislikes. Previous episode (49) has 1338 likes against 82 dislikes. That’s from Asian region who can access and watch the video. And we all know all kinds of people (from most hardcore fans to Gundam newcomers) follow that channel for their IBO fix since Season 1. And unlike Sony with their Fembusters, it’s guaranteed that Gundaminfo never erase the comments or change the like-dislike counts .

Oh, and Rustal is certainly one of the smartest main villains in Gundam history. So smooth till the end.
I thought i was the only one that liked this episode, not because you have a cause or the protagonist means you will win. the group as a hole won but our favorite characters died.
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 07:02   Link #80
larkchronicles

I think the only one whose character was truly "assassinated" was McGillis. Kudelia suffered from a lack of screen time more than anything else, and I took Orga's breakdowns in the second half as a logical consequence of finally biting off more than he could chew. Mika was Mika- even in his more emotional moments (e.g: that speech), his wishes revolved around Orga. I remember wondering in season 2 premiere if McGillis we saw there was the the same guy we saw in S1. I mean, he suddenly seemed a lot more emotionally transparent.

I don't think S1 was all that perfect, either, honestly. As far as I'm concerned, the two seasons were equal in quality, and I'll give the second season props having an engrossing villain.

Last edited by larkchronicles; 2017-04-02 at 07:52.
larkchronicles is offline   Reply With Quote