AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 50 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 16.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 9.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 9.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 4.12%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 27.84%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-04-02, 23:05   Link #201
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Yeah Julietta is in line for President. Not because of actually winning or skill or strategy or anything like that. She won thanks to illegal weapons softening Mika up and a lot of fodder burning him out.

I mean props to Rustal for doing whatever it took to win. Even if McGillis and Orga were nerfed. at least he worked for his win. But Julietta got carried by Plot Armor and the Writers Loving her ***** ***.
She didn't won. She didn't even fought. And I don't really see how horde of fodder and orbital bombardment equal plot armor. Julietta survived because her side had greater numbers and strategy.

Julietta never show any signs of seeking fame and she definitely will not bragg about this. Her political position is also likely unrelated.

Quote:
Kudelia got her position because....Rustal needed someone to run Mars.....

Like she did nothing all season.

I don't remember Jean D'Arc ending the Hundred Years War by cutting a deal with the English.
Maybe I have the wrong history books though.
Maiden of the Revoluton...my ***.
You mean beside her job? Admoss company brought huge amount of capital to poor Mars and thousands of working positions and gave lockal ecomy big boost.

Which was exactly what she aimed from beginning. She is economist not revolutionary.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2017-04-02 at 23:17.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 23:08   Link #202
Skaddix

Her political position is directly caused by people thinking she beat Mika.

Which she did not do at all. Her still being alive though is due to plot armor.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 23:14   Link #203
00 raizer

If almiria got a daughter,we all know that this story would be continue with akatsuki as lead character.
00 raizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 23:15   Link #204
Skye629

Quote:
Kudelia got her position because....Rustal needed someone to run Mars.....

Like she did nothing all season.

I don't remember Jean D'Arc ending the Hundred Years War by cutting a deal with the English.
Maybe I have the wrong history books though.
Maiden of the Revoluton...my ***.
There IS a timeskip you know at the ending, Kudelia could have easily gotten things done with that 2-4 years in between, such as finally taking Makanai's earlier offer before he passed, and working her way up

And you are seriously getting too hung up on this Maiden of the Revolution moniker of hers, she/the writers clearly stepped away from that at the start of S2
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 23:17   Link #205
Skaddix

The writers used it and they failed to deliver on it.

I am more then able to thus ream them for it.

Julietta implied Kudelia couldn't get the job without Rustal and Teiwaz. So yes she got it because Rustal wanted her to have it.

Shame she didn't use those political skills when it could have saved some of our boys.
Old 2017-04-02, 23:33   Link #206
Skye629

Quote:
The writers used it and they failed to deliver on it.

I am more then able to thus ream them for it.

Julietta implied Kudelia couldn't get the job without Rustal and Teiwaz. So yes she got it because Rustal wanted her to have it.

Shame she didn't use those political skills when it could have saved some of our boys.
NEVER said she got the job without Rustal/Teiwaz pulling strings behind the scenes, I was addressing the fact you said she did nothing all season to deserve it (which she didn't), but my comment WAS aimed at the fact that she could have done stuff during the timeskip, hence coming to Rustal's attention as the best choice for him (since she would have passed laws that further helped his position, while at the same time meeting her own goals)

And how many times do I and others have to say that she had zero power to do anything in that situation at the end? Even YOU admit she was useless
Old 2017-04-02, 23:36   Link #207
Skaddix

I admit she was useless in the sense that the writers chose to make her useless to help railroad Tekkadan.
Old 2017-04-02, 23:36   Link #208
thefreakmike

Wooo seems like I am late to the party so I guess I´ll just go all out...

Honestly, I am overall satisfied with the ending, this was proably the happiest ending we could get out if the series. Like its said by other, its refreshing to see the antagonist winning, makes IBO stand out a lot among the AUs (By that I dont mean "the best" BTW). Definitely liked this ending more than say 00´s ending, movie included.

Even with Tekkadan defeated and most of the core members dead, Gjallarhorn didnt came out unsctratched either. Rustal himself no longer has the same power and authority he once had. Its definitely ironic for him to be now shaping the world McGillis envisioned. He was overall a good antagonist, though I would also wanted to see more of him in a positive light (him getting out of all of this without paying a bigger price did felt a bit odd but oh well)

The surviving members did get to move on and get better lives, just like Orga would´ve wanted. Happy for Takaki, Chad, Dante, Derma, Yamagi, old man and Merribit getting a happy ending. Best boy Eugene also gets to live, got no problem with that LOL, one of the highlights to me

Gaelio and Julieta also getting a happy ending, honestly I am ok with that. Didnt came to hate them TBH. Though would have liked to se GaliGali being the one to be leading the new Gjallarhorn instead of Rustal or at least still having a bigger role. Though overall I am glad he got to leave a peaceful live at the end. I actually did fell sorry for him throughout all of this, if someone beside the members of tekkadan deserved a happy ending, it was him.

Mika and Aki dying like BAMOFOs, got no complains about that. Akihiro in particular finishing of Iok (serioulsy BEST EPISODE EVER HOW CAN YOU HATE IT LMFAO) but yeah their sacrifices were worth it. And going the fuck out on the enemy, could not have asked for anything better.

Lil Akatsuki and MILF Atra tho. *Insert Perfection gif* Would have liked for Kudelia to have a child of her own as well. That ending monolgue from her, did bring a lot of feels.

Overall, it was a good series. Had its up and downs, would have also changed a lot as well, but hey no series is perfect, especially Gundam series. They can make everyone happy, its a fact.
Wont go as the perfect show, but a very good at least. Really going to miss it. Now just wait for the next AU

And one more thing, Raise your flag, guys. Raise your flag
thefreakmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 23:46   Link #209
Skye629

Quote:
I admit she was useless in the sense that the writers chose to make her useless to help railroad Tekkadan.
Which is exactly why she is useless by the final battle, and everyone fucking knows it. So don't go dropping those lines about how she should have used these skills/powers she never had in the whole course of S2 when we all know and agree the writers screwed her over.
Old 2017-04-02, 23:47   Link #210
tdx

The show constantly tried to shove the Maiden of Revolution stuff down the viewers' throats. They were constantly mentioning it and never forgot to zoom in on Jean D'Ark's pic at Kudelia's office at every chance they got. So no, they didn't step away from it, they just butchered the character, for whatever reason.

Moreover, her whole politicking in the epilogue looks ridiculously like with Mika's death she lost the object of mad fapping and finally remembered, "Oh right, I should be doing something!" Good writing? gtfo, it's as bad as it gets. As many others have said, it started to visibly slip up around the point of Naze&Amida's deaths, and the introduction of Dainsleifs that - surprise-surprise - can be used for orbital bombardment just like that, which rendered completely unbelievable the whole premise of the Calamity war, because there's now absolutely no reason why Dainsleif orbital saturation bombardment couldn't be used against MAs and Plumas to solve the pest problem once and for all. It's shit writing at its finest.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 23:50   Link #211
Skaddix

Yeah Gjhallahorn must of been incompetent to have almost half of Humanity die when Orbital Danslief strikes are all it takes.
Old 2017-04-02, 23:54   Link #212
Tenzen12

Kudelia never played along with these maiden notions though. She was too busy kick start Mars economy to take part in any kind revolution.
Old 2017-04-02, 23:55   Link #213
Skaddix

It doesn't really matter. It was what the writers sold us and failed to deliver on.
Old 2017-04-03, 00:03   Link #214
Tenzen12

Only those who didn't paid attention bought it.
Old 2017-04-03, 00:03   Link #215
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
As far as official version goes Tekkadan used banned weapons first and Gjalshorn had absolutely no choice but retaliate in same fashion to avoid unnecessary causalities. You can't play nice with terrorist...

So yeah if needed it would be easy justified, if Rustal don't go that way right from the bat.
Except a smart person would connect the dots that Rustal lied as McGillis obviously didn't have an arsenal of Danleif and Rustal got his from Iok raiding the stockpile.

Rustal granted Mars independence to offset the Power Blocs who would want his head on a pike for all the shady stuff he did. As Earthers are not uneducated people like most of Mars.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 00:06   Link #216
Tenzen12

That's mostly just your theory as nothing of that kind was hinted.

But you know what? I don't have problem going along with it.
Old 2017-04-03, 00:08   Link #217
tdx

Oh but Kudelia clearly played along. The whole Dorts happened just to push her in that direction and showcase it. She herself was the one who said that she wanted to be like the girl from the book, and she was the one who put that pic in her office. The plot just suddenly crippled her brain functions and made her forget that it's not just a pretty picture and the whole reason why she even put up that picture, reducing her to Mika's useless fapper. And that's another complaint that's rather predominant in the Japanese fandom from what I've seen: many ideas, themes, notions picked up and then suddenly dropped and forgotten, the show pretending they never happened. And that, too, is a sign of bad writing.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 00:09   Link #218
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
The show constantly tried to shove the Maiden of Revolution stuff down the viewers' throats. They were constantly mentioning it and never forgot to zoom in on Jean D'Ark's pic at Kudelia's office at every chance they got. So no, they didn't step away from it, they just butchered the character, for whatever reason.

Moreover, her whole politicking in the epilogue looks ridiculously like with Mika's death she lost the object of mad fapping and finally remembered, "Oh right, I should be doing something!" Good writing? gtfo, it's as bad as it gets. As many others have said, it started to visibly slip up around the point of Naze&Amida's deaths, and the introduction of Dainsleifs that - surprise-surprise - can be used for orbital bombardment just like that, which rendered completely unbelievable the whole premise of the Calamity war, because there's now absolutely no reason why Dainsleif orbital saturation bombardment couldn't be used against MAs and Plumas to solve the pest problem once and for all. It's shit writing at its finest.
What like 2-3 times? Thats about all we saw of it (the picture), and barely a mention of that title here and there at the start (and once at the end). Hardly shoving down our throats, especially considering how LITTLE screentime Kudelia had

Quote:
Yeah Gjhallahorn must of been incompetent to have almost half of Humanity die when Orbital Danslief strikes are all it takes.
On the Dainsleifs. They're made of the same material of the Gundam Frames, which were ONLY introduced near the end of the war. In all likelihood it was those very weapons and the Gundams which ended said war. More likely than not why these are illegal weapons

So don't go running around thinking that they had these before or early on in the war, as the IBO current universe clearly wont exist if that was the case. Keep the complaints to the actual writing problems
Old 2017-04-03, 00:12   Link #219
Skaddix

Why it seems to be making Dansliefs is far easier then synching 2 Ahab Reactors and making 72 Gundam.
Old 2017-04-03, 00:12   Link #220
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Finally finished; how should I put it ...

What happened to Tekkadan somewhat not satisfying.
Don't get me wrong, its not because MC suffer bad ending, Mika and co. is not the first Gundam protagonist to experience bad ending.
What made it not satisfying for me is how it done. I'm OK with bad ending like this but how each event executed; suddenly change here and there, followed by death left and right, truly prove how poor S1 pacing was resulting on poor S2 story management. They could set it up a bit before S1 ended, but no, not happening, exactly what I suspected would happened from S1 slow pacing.

I won't put this Gundam series high, but might be one I would recommended for an entry.

Its not like I didn't have something I like from this finale.
I love how Rustal win. His victory is pretty much saying, "No matter what you did, the fact is you're still green".
I've been looking for an old man, both experienced and influential ones, score a victory in Gundam and IBO gave it through Rustal. Fact that he's an antagonist only amuse me more. LOL.