Notices

Old 2017-04-22, 20:28   Link #141
KnightShade

Spoiler for ann:

mom flavored candy my sides
Old 2017-04-22, 20:30   Link #142
AB079
Banned

^Jesus christ what the hell are they smoking?

Oh man now all we need to get is anime for okaa-san but I guess that's going to happen when v3 comes out.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 23:48   Link #143
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
^Jesus christ what the hell are they smoking?
Well, this is Japan we're talking about.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 00:11   Link #144
AP24

What's surprising is that the campaigns they've been doing are actually working. The series only has 2 volumes and each volume is selling more than average.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 00:25   Link #145
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
What's surprising is that the campaigns they've been doing are actually working. The series only has 2 volumes and each volume is selling more than average.
Can you provide the current numbers please?
Old 2017-04-23, 10:41   Link #146
AB079
Banned

That's a lucky squid ffs.

Spoiler for mamako:
Old 2017-04-23, 11:07   Link #147
KnightShade

^squids always know who best girls are
Old 2017-04-23, 13:53   Link #148
Elestia

Quote:
That's a lucky squid ffs.

Spoiler for mamako:
Highschool Girl and now School Swimsuit cosplay? The author knows his stuff. Blessed be Pochi Goya for his illustrations.

Spoiler for Last Reply to Tenzen:
Old 2017-04-23, 14:08   Link #149
Tenzen12

Yeah, I am done here.

Though it seems you can eventually get there on your own. Good luck.
Old 2017-04-24, 15:21   Link #150
AB079
Banned

Just finished chapter 4, oh man that was a really good chapter.

Finally Mamako and Masato started to understand each other without going into much trouble or stretching the drama even further. There are obviously some other issues between them but their relationship is going pretty well and Mamako is reaching a point where she can understand Masato's feelings, there is a long way tho.

Man that onsen scene, Mamako truly is a goddess. Ironically Wise forgive Masato from punishment after seeing her completely naked.

Finally Wise's mother.... what I can say, she's a piece of shit. Now jumping right into chapter 5.

-----------------------------

Ch 5 - Epilogue - Final thoughts

Let's begin with the details.

Wise's real name is Genya and her mother's name is Kazuno. At first after ch 4 she was really a shitty mother and not in a funny way, then on ch 5 we know what really happened.

What happened here is that we were able to see both sides of the coin, one side with Mamako and the other one with Kazuno, both sharing the same feelings but in this case Kazuno lost the feeling she used to have for Wise as her daughter, something that only a mother knows and Mamako was the one who helped to remind that feeling. Loved the way how the author executed this topic because you can really understand the idea behind the final fight between Mamako and Kazuno. Every family has their own issues after all.

The doubts about this first volume regarding the main point of "mother & son" relationship are completely gone, Mamako is truly a good character and Masato too I have to say, we can see how little by little their relationship improved reaching a point were we can see the difference between the beginning and the end of volume 1.

Is a simple Light Novel with lots of fun, jokes and MMORPG themes related but what's more important is how good and well done is the story, especially what the whole idea of a mother brings to this story, to be honest is refreshing.

What really got me this time was this part of the Epilogue, for... let's say... reasons.

[Q: Will you become more intimate with your mother if you go on an adventure with her?]

Before these days began, that question was asked in the survey.

What answer would he have written now?

“......Probably? Not like I would know.”

In the end, he mumbled those words that were not different from before his adventure had begun.

With a smile on his face that even he himself did not notice, Masato chased after his mother’s back.

Last edited by AB079; 2017-04-24 at 16:25.
Old 2017-04-24, 19:44   Link #151
KnightShade

^Nice write up, pretty much covers my thoughts as well.

Really enjoyed this novel, it takes a lot for me to get into an isekai and this one delivers in terms of offering a unique dynamic.
Old 2017-04-25, 00:54   Link #152
Tenzen12

Technically it's VMMORPG instead of Isekai, but yeah it was fun
Old 2017-04-25, 20:18   Link #153
Elestia

Definitely got the resolution I really wanted between Masato and Mamako. They didn't stretch it out any longer and resolved it along with Wise's relationship with Kazuno as well.

Kazuno played a fitting role as the final demon boss, mirroring Mamako's own role as the heroic mother. The theme of a mother's unconditional love along with the inseparable bond of mother and child take center stage in the end. While Kazuno wasn't a good person to begin with, she actually became worse when she got drunk off the cheats was given and started abusing it. She still isn't a good person by the end, but I guess her relationship with Wise is better..... maybe? It makes me think how Wise interacted with her mother before. She didn't seem like one who would keep her mouth shut.

The epilogue really felt like the end of the entire series, rather than the end of the first volume. Although, I wasn't quite expecting the author to fix Masato and Mamako's relationship so quickly. Thankfully, there are some loose end regarding to Porta and her mother, Shirase's own daughter, and the conspiracy between Kazuno and the outsider within the Cabinet Office.

Speaking of loose ends, the ending conflict revealed some interesting information regarding the project and the outsider interfering with the project. Rather than dealing with another OP mother, the stakes in the final confrontation ended up a lot more dramatic than I would have guessed. The revelation that someone outside the project, who has ties with the Cabinet Office, was the pulling the strings behind the cheating tool and manipulating Kazuno was surprising. Not too sure how things will pan out though, now that the possibility of dying in the game was briefly mentioned by Shirase.

Things are kind of ambiguous at the moment though. Obviously, players who die just turn into coffins until someone resurrects them, but apparently if the computer in which they dived into the game gets destroyed, physical harm may befall the player's body? How the heck does that work?

Definitely interesting, will continue reading.
Old 2017-04-25, 20:47   Link #154
KnightShade

^ it was mentioned that this series was initially a one off but the massive success got the publisher to extend it. Ironic given the SAO-ish vibes we're getting with these hanging plots.
Old 2017-04-25, 23:03   Link #155
Elestia

Ah, I guess that explains why it felt a little incongruous. Not sure if that kind of SAO-ish development works with a rom-com, but who knows.
Old 2017-04-26, 15:42   Link #156
sparhawk1610
Asura

Just finished Vol 1 and I must say, that I really enjoy this one. It is a breath of fresh air. Interaction with Mamako is good and I enjoy the comedy part of the story.
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 00:06   Link #157
AB079
Banned

Hmm I guess Frozen is gonna do v2 too right?
Old 2017-04-27, 03:25   Link #158
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Hmm I guess Frozen is gonna do v2 too right?
I hope so. It was already released isnīt?
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 09:03   Link #159
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Mamaaaa.. well I love milf... Mamako is my waifu now..
Old 2017-04-27, 10:27   Link #160
Tenzen12

Your waifu? Get in line!

Tags
harem?, milf, mother love