AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-05-09, 17:06   Link #11421
KnightShade

Can someone explain this "decades worth of experience" bit?
Old 2017-05-09, 18:12   Link #11422
yuiichi9

Stella can become a desesperado. If edelweiss make a move or flirt with ikki, then stella would fight edelweiss because jealousy and reach the new level lol.
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 18:43   Link #11423
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
Can someone explain this "decades worth of experience" bit?
That refers to when Stella was fighting Ikki in the Seven Star final, they were both improving at an insane rate, and the progress they made in that few minutes equalled to what would have normally taken them years to accomplish.
Of course Ikki hit a wall first while Stella just kept going
Old 2017-05-09, 18:43   Link #11424
DragonEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Andy: That was then, this is now. I know she was still nowhere near her peak even after that decades' worth of improvement that she made in one minute. All I'm saying is that from then until now, and especially with the fight against Xiaoli, she's probably already made enough improvements to reach her peak at the very least (that is, if she's reaching it now, since it seems like that's exactly what Xiaoli is trying to make her do, and the thing that Edelweiss wanted from the beginning when she used her ability on Stella was also for the same reason - she wanted Stella to break through her limit and become Desperado because she felt that it'd be needed against All-Goal and Naseem).
No, Xiaoli clearly is trying to defeat her without killing, she is not trying to make Stelka reach her peak. Also, what everyone is forgeting is that Edelweiss spoke about Stella's limit being still far during Ikki vs Stella, so Ikki wasn't the only one who said that she was far, Edelweiss also said that, but now she simply jumped and is, as we can see, at her peak, which goes against what other people said before during the novel, and now, after barely any good fights, she just has to get her ass kicked for her to reach her limit. If that's the case, then Ikki should have reached his way before the finals, since he fought against Edelweiss and endured fighting against Touka when he all beaten.
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 18:55   Link #11425
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
That refers to when Stella was fighting Ikki in the Seven Star final, they were both improving at an insane rate, and the progress they made in that few minutes equalled to what would have normally taken them years to accomplish.
Of course Ikki hit a wall first while Stella just kept going
oh that? i dont remember in actual tangible rate being given for that and it sure wouldn't be decades because if that was the case ouma would have awakened. was there even a reason given for why those 2 specifically were improving so fast in that duel?

edit - in fact dragoneye, if this ends up being the rationale for why stella awakens, then the author now has to explain why everyone who's had much tougher opposition haven't awakened. the whole "each blazer is different" excuse doesn't work when according to this growth ratio, ouma and ikki should already be desperados since v5/4.

Last edited by KnightShade; 2017-05-09 at 19:24.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 19:08   Link #11426
DragonEye

Quote:
oh that? i dont remember in actual tangible rate being given for that and it sure wouldn't be decades because if that was the case ouma would have awakened. was there even a reason given for why those 2 specifically were improving so fast in that duel?
Actually, there was, Edelweiss said:

“The magical power that a Blazer possesses is decided upon birth. For those carrying great destinies in this world, that power is big. After all, magical power grants the ability to change the world by defying reasons. But that also means that upon birth what you are capable of doing in this world is already decided. Just now the two of them have been improving themselves at a rapid pace. The journey that would have taken decades to reach from now, they had gone through it in an instant. And then, as a result the ‘Crownless Sword King’ has just reached it. The furthest he himself could possible go.”

But, she also said:

That’s right. That was definitely the reason the rivalry stopped. In this one minute, Kurogane Ikki had completely exhausted all the possibilities that he was allowed to have in this world. There was nowhere left for Kurogane Ikki to go. The fate that decided his life in this world would not allow him to progress any further. But it’s different for Stella Vermillion. Since birth she was an existence that was allowed to greater heights than any other. Therefore, she had further yet to go. She was still growing. She was different from Ikki who was chained to the bottom of the earth. Stella had been born with wings that would carry her as high as the heavens. So it became clear which of the two was superior.

And, after this, Stella just hit Ikki with her sword, Ikki blocked and took a punch that lifted him. After that he received a Katharterio Salamandra that launched Ikki. At this time, he went through Brute Soul and Stella focused her heat and power in one last attack and Ikki used Oikage.

Even though Stella had more room for improvement, after Ikki reached his limit, they didn't do much before the battle ended, so there wasn't much room for more improvement. After that, it's the stuff with Naseem and what's happening right now. That's why I keep saying that Stella's limit shouldn't be reached right now, it makes it look like her limit is just too close to Ikki's, and that makes o sense since her mana pool is insanely larger than anyone else's.
Old 2017-05-09, 19:19   Link #11427
Ultragunner

Quote:
Well, it's was because of their intense "feeling" for each other, or some sh*t like that

quite cheesy tbh , but the whole scene was well written, and the characterisation if Ikki was phenomenal
Old 2017-05-09, 19:30   Link #11428
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonEye View Post
Actually, there was, Edelweiss said:

“The magical power that a Blazer possesses is decided upon birth. For those carrying great destinies in this world, that power is big. After all, magical power grants the ability to change the world by defying reasons. But that also means that upon birth what you are capable of doing in this world is already decided. Just now the two of them have been improving themselves at a rapid pace. The journey that would have taken decades to reach from now, they had gone through it in an instant. And then, as a result the ‘Crownless Sword King’ has just reached it. The furthest he himself could possible go.”

But, she also said:

That’s right. That was definitely the reason the rivalry stopped. In this one minute, Kurogane Ikki had completely exhausted all the possibilities that he was allowed to have in this world. There was nowhere left for Kurogane Ikki to go. The fate that decided his life in this world would not allow him to progress any further. But it’s different for Stella Vermillion. Since birth she was an existence that was allowed to greater heights than any other. Therefore, she had further yet to go. She was still growing. She was different from Ikki who was chained to the bottom of the earth. Stella had been born with wings that would carry her as high as the heavens. So it became clear which of the two was superior.

And, after this, Stella just hit Ikki with her sword, Ikki blocked and took a punch that lifted him. After that he received a Katharterio Salamandra that launched Ikki. At this time, he went through Brute Soul and Stella focused her heat and power in one last attack and Ikki used Oikage.

Even though Stella had more room for improvement, after Ikki reached his limit, they didn't do much before the battle ended, so there wasn't much room for more improvement. After that, it's the stuff with Naseem and what's happening right now. That's why I keep saying that Stella's limit shouldn't be reached right now, it makes it look like her limit is just too close to Ikki's, and that makes o sense since her mana pool is insanely larger than anyone else's.
oh okay. that's still leaves the question of why ouma hadn't awakened despite going up against stella after already having faced the tyrant. surely the problem isn't his ego as he literally devoted his life to growing stronger. i sincerely hope this doesn't amount to a "Power of love" thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Well, it's was because of their intense "feeling" for each other, or some sh*t like that

quite cheesy tbh , but the whole scene was well written, and the characterisation if Ikki was phenomenal
Cringe... so it is a power of love thing . cheesy indeed.

the thing is though it makes perfect sense.... for Ikki. he's at the end of his rope during that fight so it's logical that he could burn up what little remains of his molehill he calls his potential. But for stella it just contradicts every point about her own potential as well as the concept of desperados at large. If becoming one is this easy for her, it makes the whole power up look like a joke.
Old 2017-05-09, 19:37   Link #11429
The 48th Ronin

My theory is that Ouma still hasn't done something to reach the limit imposed by his fate.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 19:40   Link #11430
Hakai

My theory is that Ouma is not a main character '_'
Old 2017-05-09, 19:43   Link #11431
DragonEye

Ouma is probably not at his limit...and quite frankly, he may lack something like courage, remember that he said he wants power to stop the shivering or something like that, maybe that may even be blocking him from improving and reaching his limit.
Old 2017-05-09, 19:50   Link #11432
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
My theory is that Ouma still hasn't done something to reach the limit imposed by his fate.
maybe the tremble in his hand prevents him from realizing his ego, but if that's the case why hasn't he pulled an ikki and subconsciouslly recovered from fighting he tyrant? Ouma is a master swordsman and is highly intelligent for a battle maniac, it doesn't make sense that he can process what happened to ikki in v4 but can't access his own inner turmoil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonEye View Post
Ouma is probably not at his limit...and quite frankly, he may lack something like courage, remember that he said he wants power to stop the shivering or something like that, maybe that may even be blocking him from improving and reaching his limit.
PTSD =/= lack of courage.

just... no.
Old 2017-05-09, 19:50   Link #11433
The 48th Ronin

@Hakaishin: LMAO

Okay jokes aside, Ouma always strikes me as a person who internally​ questions the purpose of his existence. I think him chasing stronger opponents is a way of him validating his own perception about himself.

@kid: that hand-trembling by Ouma is probably an indicator of him losing grip on his own beliefs.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 19:56   Link #11434
KnightShade

^that makes more sense.

perhaps he could be just like edelweiss and still be searching for a purpose.

the point is the developments possibly occurring here calls into question the progress of all blazers who were in similar scenarios as what stella is facing now. if we're not given reasons then it makes this possible development that much cheaper. if it's simply because of them not being a main character then it's a sign of bad/lazy/inconsistent(take your pick) power leveling.

Last edited by KnightShade; 2017-05-09 at 20:18.
Old 2017-05-09, 20:18   Link #11435
DragonEye

Quote:
maybe the tremble in his hand prevents him from realizing his ego, but if that's the case why hasn't he pulled an ikki and subconsciouslly recovered from fighting he tyrant? Ouma is a master swordsman and is highly intelligent for a battle maniac, it doesn't make sense that he can process what happened to ikki in v4 but can't access his own inner turmoil.

PTSD =/= lack of courage.

just... no.
I said courage because I couldn't think of anything better, but yeah, PTSD is the point I was going for. But I really like the idea of validating his own existence. But he ran off when he was still young and didn't care about his family. He was always strong and all...he really lacks that ''ego'' part, but I also don't think that he may have reached his peak. He sure is strong, but for him to keep trembling...then if that is because of the Tyrant, he was really overwhelmed by his opponent's power, and that leaves no room for improvement. He may need a strong enemy to make him get to his limit. Now Ouma is someone interesting to become a Desperado, that would be great to see.
Old 2017-05-09, 20:24   Link #11436
Ultragunner

Guys, Ouma is a tsundere remember?
"It's not like I want to become a Desperado or anything okay? "
Old 2017-05-09, 20:35   Link #11437
KnightShade

@dragoneye, PTSD affects ones ego so perhaps his case may have more to do with that.

But i dont believe being overwhelmed means he couldnt have improved, because we very clearly saw ikki overwhelmed by edelweisse in v4 and yet that was the source of him getting stronger in swordsmanship.

i don't believe that awakening is a linear concept. with ikki, he had his ego realized from the beginning, it was primarily his physical limits/fate that were pushed. he lost site of his ego a couple times but he never really needed more self esteem after v3. with ouma, he's gone as far imposing weights that could potentially shorten his lifespan, and yet stella didn't note any real growth from him during the fight in v8. If he hasn't woke yet, it has more to do with his ego.

Either way, as long as the reason is more then just him not being a main, it's fine. But if he and others are discarded it messes things up. you can only get away with simple explanations for so long until it starts coming off as halfassed and illogical.

@gunner yup that works

Last edited by KnightShade; 2017-05-09 at 20:46.
Old 2017-05-09, 20:57   Link #11438
~Sovereign~

All this talk about desperado has me thinking about Kurono alot more now (since she's one of my favs). The way that it's been worded, it seems like she had the choice to decide if she wanted to become a desperado or not but she backed out and was considered "afraid".
What if Ouma is going through something similar to Kurono??
~Sovereign~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 21:21   Link #11439
sparhawk1610
Asura

Ouma, Kurono, whatever, such boring characters. Edelweiss is the support character star number 1 (Well, for someone even main character)
I hope that we will see next part soon, so this topic repeating will get a conclusion (I hope)

@Hakaishin That is a damn good point !
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-10, 04:36   Link #11440
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, Ouma's situation might be similar to Kurono's, with him maybe choosing to not awaken for some reason. Or he could have a problem related to his "ego". One or both of those.

But as for Stella: again, "that was then, this is now". Things can change, and right now she's improving more. I'm not sure if she's already reached her limit, though. It doesn't actually say, does it? She's unconscious right now and is moving on instinct. That's all we know.

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural