Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-05-27, 11:12   Link #841
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
So because I'm happy with what the author has done to date and because the current scenario has all sorts of interesting possibilities, I'm quite happy with the current situation, despite my feelings about harems.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm not much of an harem fan, either, but mainly because I turned biased from Japanese media like anyone else.
The unfortunate truth is, most of the WNs (and its later VN version) are done by amateur writers that just happen to ride on a current fad. Most of them don't know how to properly develop a single relationship, so they just throw in a couple of girls, giving all of them the same shallow, generic development, because they can't think any further. But when you read a lot of these stories, you start to resent these not well executed harems. The problem is that people start to stop differentiating the different harems story. They see the harem tag and go "EW HAREM LAME" without even having read the latest development of the story.
That's mainly what pisses me off.

Risou for one, is doing a great job at developing a harem, even if it may not be one in the end, who knows. Anyway, interesting characters have an interesting interaction. A jealous Aura is HNNG.
Both views on the matter are well protrayed, imo, and I can relate to both, though I tend to favour Zenjirou so far
But he did get used to the waiting maids, or rather the three troublemakers, over time, too, so he might be able to accept a concubine in the future as well. Though we would have to seperate the political and sexual aspect of a concubine. I can see him reluctantly accept a concubine at some point, but sex with her? Probably not. At least not for a couple of more years. Either way, these circumstances make the story so interesting and fun to read.

I really want to spoiler myself for vol 9, but I already regret that I took a peek at vol 8
I wish I had more time to translate faster, so we all could know what's going to happen sooner

And before you ask, spoiler for vol 8:
Spoiler for OH NOES:
Old 2017-05-27, 11:43   Link #842
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROzess View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm not much of an harem fan, either, but mainly because I turned biased from Japanese media like anyone else.
The unfortunate truth is, most of the WNs (and its later VN version) are done by amateur writers that just happen to ride on a current fad. Most of them don't know how to properly develop a single relationship, so they just throw in a couple of girls, giving all of them the same shallow, generic development, because they can't think any further. But when you read a lot of these stories, you start to resent these not well executed harems. The problem is that people start to stop differentiating the different harems story. They see the harem tag and go "EW HAREM LAME" without even having read the latest development of the story.

Risou for one, is doing a great job at developing a harem, even if it may not be one in the end, who knows. Anyway, interesting characters have an interesting interaction. A jealous Aura is HNNG.
Both views on the matter are well protrayed, imo, and I can relate to both, though I tend to favour Zenjirou so far
But he did get used to the waiting maids, or rather the three troublemakers, over time, too, so he might be able to accept a concubine in the future as well. Though we would have to seperate the political and sexual aspect of a concubine. I can see him reluctantly accept a concubine at some point, but sex with her? Probably not. At least not for a couple of more years. Either way, these circumstances make the story so interesting and fun to read.

I really want to spoiler myself for vol 9, but I already regret that I took a peek at vol 8
I wish I had more time to translate faster, so we all could know what's going to happen sooner

And before you ask, spoiler for vol 8:
Spoiler for OH NOES:
Exactly my point, this really pisses me off too. They just put all the LN with harem tag on the same level.
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 12:51   Link #843
KnightShade

Same.

I have enough faith in this author that whatever this develops into will be good because so far he has not given me any reason to think otherwise. In fact i think zenjirou is probably my favorite take on an isekai MC largely because of how different he is from the template. We need more seinen like risou.
Old 2017-05-28, 06:37   Link #844
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Thanks, it feels that writing up that wall of text was worthwhile

Quote:
I don't always get the nuance on this right (I edited my post from a few days ago on the subject to be a bit more accurate). Like you say, the root cause of the problem is the quality of the writing (the ability of the authors) rather than whichever fads are currently popular.

If the average author was like the author of "Risou" then I suspect we'd see a lot fewer harems but the harems we would see would be much more varied and interesting as well as simply being better. I like fantasy so settings with less conventional relationships (for modern Earth) would normally be something I'd want to see, so long as it's done well.

Quote:
Hahah

If Zenjirou and Aura's relationship wasn't so stable then Freya would be more of a "stalking horse" character I guess. But since their relationship is stable, I'm not sure Freya is going to easily fit into any kind of category.

Hmm, I suspect Aura didn't see this coming (Freya's proposal). She might have been on guard against it if Freya was merely a minor noble and not a princess as on the Southern Continent the existence of bloodline magic means that such a proposal from a princess would be considered crazy and could precipitate a war (because the original country would not want their bloodline magic to leak). The world-building in this series is fairly subtle, but deep.

Quote:
It'll be interesting to see how his thoughts on Freya's proposal evolve over time. One thing I realised is that his "complaints" to Aura in the previous chapter could be summarised as a combination of "I'm lonely" and "I miss Earth". There's not much that can be done about the latter (though the goats will help) but for the former, since it would be hard to have a meaningful relationship with the servants, and having a relationship with outsiders would be hard for other reasons (too many risks), then the only two options would be for Aura to spend more time with him or for Zenjirou to take a 2nd wife or concubine who he can be get alone well with personally (ie for companionship rather than sex).
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-04, 09:15   Link #845
laclongquan

The Sevens novel made a good case of harem politics.

Mushouku Tensei made another.

Death March is more like a cockteasing sample of a harem.
laclongquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-04, 23:59   Link #846
Waxman

Erm...
... Anyways, so now Zenjiro has to face nobles on his own, even though he was a reprentative of Aura before now he would be far away from her but unlike Valentia he would be on his own.
Yeah is just a wedding and Puyol isn't a bad guy but i believe he wouldn't waste this chance of having Zenjiro at hand, at the very least he would arrange it for his sister to make a move on him not to mention what other nobles may have in store.
After all it seem that many of them see Zenjiro as the Queen's puppet this would be a chance for them, since he would be far away from the real brain in the couple and may gain benefit from him.
I would love for someone to try and how would Zenjiro handle it.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 11:46   Link #847
kari-no-sugata II

v6c3: wow, the trade aspects really took off here and in an interesting direction.

Go go world-building!

Zenjirou is between a rock and a hard place though...
Old 2017-07-19, 14:29   Link #848
Waxman

That was a great chapter.
I believe Zenjiro will only love Aura but i fell that he and Freya may end up as great friends.
I like how things are going, and this "Church" is a great future threath.
Old 2017-07-26, 07:56   Link #849
JokerXY

So i hear that after his son reaches a certain age hes not allowed to meet him anymore? Why?
JokerXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-26, 08:06   Link #850
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerXY View Post
So i hear that after his son reaches a certain age hes not allowed to meet him anymore? Why?
Not really not anymore. Just less, since Carlos will have to leave the Inner Palace as soon as he counts as a "man/boy".
Old 2017-07-26, 08:25   Link #851
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerXY View Post
Are you referring to this? (from volume 3):
Quote:
“Moreover, Zenkichi is a boy. Once he turns five years old, he isn’t allowed to come into the inner palace anymore.”
He sighed yet again.
It was a custom in the Carpa Kingdom to treat children under five years as genderless, so Prince Carlos could be raised in the inner palace for now, but even the crown prince was no exception to the ban of males in the inner palace.
Once he welcomed his fifth birthday, the royal palace would become his new home instead of the inner palace and he would gradually been educated as a royalty together with his foster siblings by teachers for literacy and martial arts.
Unless Zenjirou stopped shutting himself away in the inner palace, he would definitely grow apart from his own son in the future.
Unless the story starts taking large time jumps, we probably wouldn't get there until volume 20-30 or something.
Old 2017-07-26, 18:39   Link #852
Waxman

If Zenjiro travel to other kingdoms there's bound to be some time skips, specially if he goes to the north continent.
As fun as a sailor Zenjiro may be i believe the author will skip the trip.
Specially if he has to make the trip before learning teleportation.
Old 2017-07-26, 22:31   Link #853
JokerXY

Quote:
Not really not anymore. Just less, since Carlos will have to leave the Inner Palace as soon as he counts as a "man/boy".
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Are you referring to this? (from volume 3):

Unless the story starts taking large time jumps, we probably wouldn't get there until volume 20-30 or something.
Ok was just making sure they didn't force him and his kid apart
JokerXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-27, 03:24   Link #854
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
If Zenjiro travel to other kingdoms there's bound to be some time skips, specially if he goes to the north continent.
About teleportation

Spoiler for spoiler teleport:
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-27, 03:53   Link #855
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Spoiler for This can't be happening!?:

Last edited by PROzess; 2017-08-01 at 05:06.
PROzess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-28, 07:31   Link #856
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Translator sama!! Will Zenjiro monster that feared by Marguez family will appear.

In reality I have dealing with these kind of monster and believe me, they can be pain in the back if you manage stand on their bad side. You never know what makes them snap, once they snapped well bankruptcy of company is quite cheap price to pay.

Two thumbs up for Raffaelo, and still wait for the monster to made his debut... Lol

Being adamant for not have concubine is ones of Zenjiro trait of being real man.

Real Man stay true to his desire.

Last edited by Prongs; 2017-07-29 at 02:24.
Prongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-01, 11:26   Link #857
kari-no-sugata II

Interesting "intermission" chapter. Perhaps not surprising but still interesting...
Old 2017-09-18, 03:23   Link #858
Fufufu
Doffy

Fatima made her first appearance in the manga.in the LN, when did she make her appearance?
Fufufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 09:40   Link #859
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fufufu View Post
Fatima made her first appearance in the manga.in the LN, when did she make her appearance?
At the same party.

Spoiler for Jokes aside:
Old 2017-12-05, 15:53   Link #860
kari-no-sugata II

And V6 translation is done. Whee

Go go new maids. Welcome to hell...! Nope, it's actually pretty much heaven.

Tags
harem, politics, riajuu, romance, transported