AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-14, 17:53   Link #81
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yeah. Lyria basically infused Katalina and Rackam's weapons with Tiamat's power, but that's about it. They kept their natural element as far as the attacks were portrayed.

Not like it is important considering they aren't following the game mechanics closely, thankfully.
Old 2017-05-15, 10:45   Link #82
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 09:00.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 09:18   Link #83
zztop

Watched the latest Ep 8.

The 2 treasure hunter girls, Mary and Karva, are recruitable side characters in the source game.

Their inclusion does give hope that possible future seasons of Granblue might incorporate more cameos of side characters.

I've also heard the Granblue Blurays also sell very well in Japan, partly by its source game's reputation and partly because the Blurays come with reward codes for gameplayers (or so I heard).
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 10:53   Link #84
mickbis

Anime original episode and I like it...
I almost think that those gacha character will not appear in anime due to anime focus on main story

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Watched the latest Ep 8.
I've also heard the Granblue Blurays also sell very well in Japan, partly by its source game's reputation and partly because the Blurays come with reward codes for gameplayers (or so I heard).
BD come with 1 free gold bar... which is extremely valuable
and take a lot of time to acquire one since it reward from event....btw the quest reward is only gold ingot...
also a free BD only SSR Dark version of Katalina
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 11:14   Link #85
ValvraveTruth

Any information about the new sword in the game source? or the sword is anime original.
Old 2017-05-21, 11:20   Link #86
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
BD come with 1 free gold bar... which is extremely valuable
and take a lot of time to acquire one since it reward from event....btw the quest reward is only gold ingot...
also a free BD only SSR Dark version of Katalina
Huh no. The gold bar is only rewarded if you buy EVERY BD release, not just the first volume.
It was mostly purchased for Katalina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
Any information about the new sword in the game source? or the sword is anime original.
The sword that appeared in the anime isn't exactly a noteworthy one as far as I know.
Old 2017-05-21, 12:37   Link #87
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The sword that appeared in the anime isn't exactly a noteworthy one as far as I know.
Though not officially confirmed, the sword is very likely Prototype, the SSR weapon bundled with vol.4 of the anime.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 01:19   Link #88
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Lyria and her Gran-dar ahoge are very cute, and I didn't expect that troll move at the end, so points for surprising me.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 12:19   Link #89
Applehell

...You know when I first watched this show the last ever expected to see a golem getting dunked on... with a bomb.

Literally.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 21:02   Link #90
zztop

Watched Ep 9.

The 3 catguy vendors are popular recruitable side characters in-game.
Lowain (goatee) is leader of the group. The other 2, Elsam and Tomoi, are his followers/ best buddies. He has a crush on Katalina in the game's story.
Unlike Katalina, he's an excellent chef.
Old 2017-05-28, 15:57   Link #91
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I kinda expected the extra characters wouldn't join the crew, but I still hoped they would
(but hey, at least we got to see the l.e.t.s.h.a.n.g. trio and Karteira!)
bgm remixes were nice too, didn't expect that. And did Auguste look a bit like Venice in the game too...? w
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-28, 22:02   Link #92
Applehell

I think problem with having more characters beyond is probably due to screen time. This season is only 14 episodes after all. There also the problem of role and motivation too...
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-31, 09:45   Link #93
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I think problem with having more characters beyond is probably due to screen time. This season is only 14 episodes after all. There also the problem of role and motivation too...
Unless Cygames chooses to fund more sequel seasons. I've heard they're pretty flush with cash.
Old 2017-06-03, 14:35   Link #94
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Did that Rosetta appear before? If so, in which ep? Because I don't remember her at all.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 15:40   Link #95
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Did that Rosetta appear before? If so, in which ep? Because I don't remember her at all.
She appeared in episode 3 when Rackam helped Gran and Lyria escaped from the two demon-likes into the tunnel underground. Some where mid-episode.

Spoiler:
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 16:33   Link #96
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
She appeared in episode 3 when Rackam helped Gran and Lyria escaped from the two demon-likes into the tunnel underground. Some where mid-episode.
Oh, right, thanks. But did they actually meet? They acted like they kinda knew each other.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Agreed. In Gran's place, I'd have used a sword rather than my foot.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 19:40   Link #97
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Sort of. Gran basically put 1 and 1 together and figured out Rosetta isn't hostile considering how she helped them back at Port Breeze and how she warned him right before Lyria was kidnapped. Hence why he was sort of fine when she says they are acquaintances.
Old 2017-06-10, 17:26   Link #98
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that makes sense. So Rosetta ended up being a companion of Gran's father. Thus her willingness to help his kid out of a tough situation. Though it's too bad she wasn't a bit more open. I'm sure Gran would have appreciated some details about his father.

In the end though that was a good episode. Actually a pretty emotional one with them getting to the depths of Lyria's pain. No doubt it's easy when in a negative mindset to turn everything into a negative. Her being there lead to Katalina no longer having the life she used to and if she and Gran never met he wouldn't have been 'killed' in that kind of situation.

Of course it's all about point of view. Katalina would have remained in her position but at the same time she'd still be working for an evil organization so....yeah. Meeting Lyria allowed her to get out from under the Empire. And while things can be pretty darn stressful, she now has more people to care about. The same for all of them really. They wouldn't be doing any of that without having met her. In fact many of them might be dead since the Empire would have still attacked that one island for a test and Io's master would still be missing or end up dead himself.

Everything turned out alright in the end. Though I guess you can say Io and Vyrn are the heroes of the hour. If they hadn't fixed that clip then Gran would have been kicked out of Lyria's mind with all her life force and thus Lyria being dead. Good save .
Old 2017-06-11, 06:52   Link #99
zztop

I know the anime won't have time to cover it, but does the source story go deeper in to what the Erste Empire's really up to? Namely who's their leader, why are they being evil, etc.
Old 2017-06-11, 08:01   Link #100
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The game addresses every point you have mentioned.

Tags
fantasy setting, video game adaptation