Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-02, 18:30   Link #261
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, Cerberus is running a brothel now? Well, also a way to not get enslaved, I guess.

Can't wait to see everybody reunited. Should be fun.
More like a Hostess Club.

And yes, Rita steals the show. The next episode should be good.
Old 2017-06-02, 18:39   Link #262
kuromitsu

Damn, it's good to have Favaro back. He and Kaisar are the best. And heh, Cerberus is working and tempting people at a hostess bar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So Charioce threw Favaro in prison to take credit for Bahamut or something
Er, I'm pretty sure that flashback didn't happen ten years ago? I mean going by Nina's, er, physique she probably wasn't 7 years old at the time. Actually, she didn't look much different than she is now, so I guess one year ago, maybe? And nobody mentioned Bahamut. Also while Charioce was obviously looking for Favaro - he's probably not sending the black knights after just anybody - over half of that story was Favaro making stuff up, so I don't think it's supposed to be taken at face value. (Defeated by 100 soldiers = two guys dragging his drunk ass outside, them taking something important from him = cutting his afro, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
So Mugaro is finally confirmed to be a boy. It's going to real awkward when Nina finds out that she has not only been making him cross dress, but was sleeping in the same bed as him.
Well, he's way too young to send Nina sprinting through the prison at top speed... I think. Maybe.

Anyway, I think Mugaro looks a lot better with dark hair. I hope even if he gets changed he'll eventually revert back to his current form.

By the way, I wonder about that ocarina. It's all sleek and black so I guess it's from Azazel? (Did Azazel make it? Oh my god, that would be so cute.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 18:44   Link #263
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow, there's just nothing that can bring Nina down, huh? I've never seen anybody so happy to be imprisoned. She made it sound like it was a vacation for her lol.

Nice to have Favaro back, and to see how he became Nina's mentor. It turns out he's quite handsome with his hair down in Nina's eyes! The afro doesn't seem to do it for her.

Cerberus seems to be doing quite well for herself. I assume she's the top hostess of the club. I'm quite curious about this club. Are the hostesses slaves as well, or is the owner doing right by them? They certainly didn't look unhappy.
Old 2017-06-02, 19:32   Link #264
sikvod00

So Nina is anti-afro? I'm disappointed in you, girl. Although I admit some afros are nasty as heck...
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 22:59   Link #265
SeaDoor

With Rita dropping in, the prison has reached a critical mass of badass characters. Something will have to give shortly.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 23:19   Link #266
Applehell

ITT for this episode: Everyone's in Jail!

Well okay almost everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wow, there's just nothing that can bring Nina down, huh? I've never seen anybody so happy to be imprisoned. She made it sound like it was a vacation for her lol.
I was saying to myself throughout the first half the episode, that does she realize that she in prison?! Nope, totally super duper chipper about it.

Thank goodness Jeanne brought up the idea of escaping together otherwise she might for there for the rest of her life. Nina is a cute kid, but she none too bright, kinda of like your typical shounen protaginst really. I really like how well Favaro and her play-off each other too.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 14:30   Link #267
Irenesharda

Well that was an interesting episode. I'm wondering why Charioce took the time to have Favaro hunted down and all that weird stuff done to him? Does he want something from him similarly to that he wants something from Jeanne?

I don't know but Nina kind of annoyed me this episode. I mean, there's a time for being ultra genki and there's a time to be serious. If you can get out that easily, just do it. You just staying there and saying its all fun just seems kind of annoying and irritating.

And we finally find out that Mugaro/El is indeed a boy and that he's actually a blond rather than a brunette! His little cherub wings were adorable as well. I wonder what Sofiel means by it being her fault that he was separated from his mom? I'm interested in seeing more story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, Cerberus is running a brothel now? Well, also a way to not get enslaved, I guess.

Can't wait to see everybody reunited. Should be fun.
I'm not sure she's not "enslaved". I don't think Charioce's society in the capital would allow for her to actually own a business there. I think that she has a job similar to Azazel's when he was working in the arena. He didn't wear a collar either and seemed to have a lot more freedom than the other demons, but from what the resistance fighters suggested, the position he was in was basically a "slave by any other name" sort of situation.

I have a feeling she might be doing her part for the resistance as well, which is why she's getting all chummy with Alessand.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 16:22   Link #268
Darthtabby

I was kind of waiting for one of the knights to drop Azazel's name during the scene with Cerberus, but I guess they know him as the rag demon.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 20:19   Link #269
Nvis
Where are the good animes

So glad Cerberus and some sexy demon chicks are alive.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 21:17   Link #270
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that good Cerberus is fine and doing well as well as getting information Then theres Favaro who got in jail do to his own stupidity
Old 2017-06-03, 23:15   Link #271
scififan

Rita's default function is saving protagonists from trouble. It was in last season, and she has to do it again.

So, all protagonists(except the heroine) from the season 1 are back.

The title Virgin Soul may have different implication. It could be referring to Nina's attitude. It could be referring to Joan's virgin birth?

What was El's place in this card game based anime. Is he related to Zeus in season one?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-04, 04:23   Link #272
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The title Virgin Soul may have different implication. It could be referring to Nina's attitude. It could be referring to Joan's virgin birth?
Nah, I'm 99.999% sure that "Virgin Soul" is a cute, tongue-in-cheek reference to Nina.
To me it seems like a punny translation of 乙女心/otomegokoro which roughly means the pure, romantic soul of a girl (literally "maiden's heart"), infused with the idea that, being young and a virgin ("otome" also implies virginity), she's not "immunized" against hot guys, so they make her passion swell all the more. (Similar to the idea that virgin guys have stronger reaction to sexy women and their advances, since they're too inexperienced to handle them, cf. the infamous "virgin killer" sweater.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
What was El's place in this card game based anime. Is he related to Zeus in season one?
I think he's a wholly original character, much like Favaro, Kaisar and Nina (and Charioce, Amira..). Clearly he has some sort of relation to Michael, but from Gabriel's words and the flashback to his original coloring, I'm getting the feeling that he's his own entity and not a reincarnation or something (pls pls pls show don't let me down).
Old 2017-06-04, 13:37   Link #273
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Yep. Nina's been making an archangel (?) cross-dress. Try living that one down!
She indeed is disciple of great Favaro!
Old 2017-06-04, 13:48   Link #274
DemonneoPT

Nina really doesn't give a shit..lol. Even in prison, she highlights the best it has to offer even if the people around her are sad and clearly being abused. Nina pls! Unless, she thinks everyone in the prison are actually criminals (it does not seem to be the case there tho) and deserve to be punished. I also think she can't actually get free from there by just using strenght alone. My guess is that Jeanne has a plan and part of it will use Nina's strenght.

It was nice to see Favaro again. He really is a funny character. And the orange afro is the best thing ever. Don't listen to Nina.. she's dumb
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-04, 14:44   Link #275
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I was always wondering what happened to Cereberus. Not sure how a light hearted hostess club meshes with a brutal slavery regime but there you go.

Also nice to see how FAVAROOOOOOO (<= my phone keyboard is actually auto suggesting this now) met Nina. Now we know what Nina actually learned from him: fuckin' nothin'.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-04, 22:41   Link #276
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Cerberus seems to be doing quite well for herself. I assume she's the top hostess of the club. I'm quite curious about this club. Are the hostesses slaves as well, or is the owner doing right by them? They certainly didn't look unhappy.
Some online speculation says the owner is Lucifer. While most demons are suffering, these high class demon still find a way to evade the same fate, except their new found profession is not honorable, but they may not care that much, because they are demons. Only Azazel cannot forgive what happened to his homeland. He vowed to take revenge and ran away from the host club. However, he forgot he was the cause of death of Kaiser's father. Kaiser, the hammer head, and afro-head both let go what happened to their fathers. They don't seem to harbor any hatred to Azazel. On the other hand, Azazel does not. Azazel, in his prime day, can single handedly crush a human army. He is downgraded to a Dark Soul melee fighter now; he has to pick up knifes and snakes.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-05, 01:31   Link #277
kuromitsu

Oh my god, host Azazel. The mental images I'm getting...
Old 2017-06-05, 08:47   Link #278
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The comments by the women about Dias taking off his shirt later suggested that these ladies did more than just pour drinks and provide witty banter.

I found this scene so anachronistic, particularly the woman with the police hat, that I wondered if it was an homage to a scene in some other show, maybe even a hentai. Or the staff was just having fun.

Melona from Queen's Blade would have fit right in, although she'd probably be more interested in the other hostesses than in their customers.

Rita as Mary Poppins was hilarious.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-05, 10:43   Link #279
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I found this scene so anachronistic, particularly the woman with the police hat, that I wondered if it was an homage to a scene in some other show, maybe even a hentai. Or the staff was just having fun.
I thought those were characters from the card game, like the cute demon girl who had a crush on Azazel... (Apparently she was some ultra super rare card, and I've seen some people being upset by her easy demise.)
Old 2017-06-05, 12:21   Link #280
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I was always wondering what happened to Cereberus. Not sure how a light hearted hostess club meshes with a brutal slavery regime but there you go.
I have mixed feelings on that. On one hand, the girls at that club being slaves would be kind of squicky, on the other hand, that not being the case would seem at odds with the rest of the series. Then again, Azazel's position at the arena seemed to suggest there might be another status for demons who are cooperative...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I thought those were characters from the card game, like the cute demon girl who had a crush on Azazel... (Apparently she was some ultra super rare card, and I've seen some people being upset by her easy demise.)
That certainly appears to be the case for the two seated on either side of Allesandre:
http://wiki.rageofbahamut.com/Moon_Al-mi%27raj
http://wiki.rageofbahamut.com/Beast_Dominator

The peaked cap might be a reference to this piece of art (once again a warning that while this particular piece of art is relatively safe, other content on danbooru is NSFW).

I was disappointed by Belphegor's death, but that was because I liked her in the show itself, not because of her being a character from the card game -I didn't actually find out she was from the game until after she was killed off. Though the claim that her game counterpart sided with humans is interesting if true (though I think its at odds with the flavor text/dialogue I've seen, which suggests to me that her help came with strings attached).
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angels, dark fantasy, demons, dragons, gods, sequel, undead