AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-06-07, 00:11   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 868 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

That time is here! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the spoiler:

-Chapter title is "KX Launcher". Splash ministory has Cavendish concluding his flashback.

-Big Mom's flashback isn't over yet! As it turns out, on that fateful day when Mother Caramel and the orphans disappeared, there were two people who witnessed the truth: That Linlin had indeed DEVOURED her whole family! One of the witnesses was an Elbaf giant who, feeling worried for the orphans, had went to visit them. When he saw Linlin's act of cannibalism, he immediately returned to Elbaf to spread the news. This led to Linlin becoming even MORE hated amongst the giant race....

-The second witness was a fledgeling pirate chef who lived on the same island as the orphans, a man named Streusen. As it turns out, he's a DF user who has the powers of the Kuku Kuku no Mi, an ability that can turn any object into cooking ingredients. With his help, Linlin formed the Big Mom Pirate crew.....

-The flashback takes a brief pause as Capone and his men fire their KX Launchers at Big Mom in the present time. We then return to the past, where Linlin recalls Caramel proposing to make their current home into a peaceful country of equality. After Caramel's disappearance, she decides to take those words to heart, and discovers that she's suddenly able to use the Soul Soul fruit's power that originally belonged to the matron. Using her newfound powers, she and Streusen begin to wreak havoc across the seas....

-Back to the present once again, the KX Launchers' ammunition fail to do their job, as they're soon destroyed by a combination of the intense wind pressure and haki that's released from Big Mom! Realizing that his weapons failed, Caesar heads to the venue in order to carry out the escape plan. Unfortunately, that ALSO fails as Brulee's mirror is shattered by Big Mom's screaming! Left with no other option, Capone transforms himself into a huge castle, where all of his allies rush into for shelter...!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2017-06-08 at 22:55.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 00:25   Link #2
Kaz_

Surprise! The master plan failed by random last minute act. Anyone actually had any faith in this? However, it is also interesting to see that escape routes are covered. Apparently there will be no way out other than Luffy kicking her ass.

Last edited by Kaz_; 2017-06-07 at 00:42.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 00:35   Link #3
marvelB

BTW, in case anyone forgot, Streusen was that old "gourmet knight" guy we saw preparing the wedding cake a while back. Interesting to know that he was a founding member of Linlin's crew....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 01:24   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Oh, that makes sense then but at least it's confirmed that Big Mom got Soru Soru no mi devil fruit through devouring Mother Carmel alive.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 08:00   Link #5
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Funny how last chapter I read tons of comments from another site that just refused to believe it was because of cannibalism.
Old 2017-06-07, 09:01   Link #6
Sparda4
Dark Knight

A few people already said that it is possible i mean come on think about it a devil fruit contains the "esence" of the ability or power. If someone eats the fruit they at that moment they house the esence that was in the fruit until they die. And in truth the human that eats the DF is the fruit itself at that point. I find it hard to belive some people couldn't even think of even going "maybe" on the matter
Old 2017-06-07, 09:04   Link #7
Ramero

I also think the same way as well because if the wielder of DF being eaten alive, those who eat it will wield that power.
Old 2017-06-07, 09:14   Link #8
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

really? now they will have to fight her head on?
no way they can take her right now
Old 2017-06-07, 09:23   Link #9
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Well if they need to fight Big mom head on we're gonna get something new from Sanji maybe even something like Zoro's asura just with Diable Jambe. I doubt that what Sanji has shown so far is his limit. And his Kenbunshoku Haki has gotten better he could maybe use that to his advantage. They're not beating Big mom at this point she's too strong.
Old 2017-06-07, 10:03   Link #10
Serene Afro

I wonder what part of a human you have to eat to acquire their DF power: their heart, their soul, their brain, or their whole body.
Serene Afro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 12:35   Link #11
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene Afro View Post
I wonder what part of a human you have to eat to acquire their DF power: their heart, their soul, their brain, or their whole body.
Based on how Kurohige did to Shirohige, mostly Heart and Brain since both are the core of the DF
Old 2017-06-07, 12:58   Link #12
Serene Afro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Heart and Brain since both are the core of the DF
Don't remember that. When was this stated?
Serene Afro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 13:21   Link #13
schedmaster

Quote:
Based on how Kurohige did to Shirohige, mostly Heart and Brain since both are the core of the DF
I guess the World Government doesn't perform autopsies on the deceased to confirm this theory.
schedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 13:22   Link #14
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Vegapunk knows "Everything" about DF's so i'm guessing he would have thought of this.
Old 2017-06-07, 14:41   Link #15
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene Afro View Post
Don't remember that. When was this stated?
Logically if you see how Kurohige gain Whitebeard's DF without "consuming" his body entirely and how Big Mom obtained Carmel's DF and if you see Shirohige damage taken during the war, my conclusion is he must have eaten Whitebeard's brain and heart for this. Heart and brain is always a central of life which we never deny it not to mention how Burgess attempting to kill Luffy and obtain Gomu Gomu No Mi before the effect from Luffy vanished. If you see Burgess weapon to kill Luffy back then, you know what i'm thinking.
Old 2017-06-07, 15:15   Link #16
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm pretty sure Oda is going to stick with Teach's body being atypical (as stated by Marco) as the reason for consuming more than one DF. That being said, I think Teach's case will be unique.
Old 2017-06-07, 16:59   Link #17
Eevsirrom

Quote:
Logically if you see how Kurohige gain Whitebeard's DF without "consuming" his body entirely and how Big Mom obtained Carmel's DF and if you see Shirohige damage taken during the war, my conclusion is he must have eaten Whitebeard's brain and heart for this. Heart and brain is always a central of life which we never deny it not to mention how Burgess attempting to kill Luffy and obtain Gomu Gomu No Mi before the effect from Luffy vanished. If you see Burgess weapon to kill Luffy back then, you know what i'm thinking.
At this point I think he he might have just enveloped Whitebeard's body with his darkness goo to absorb the escaping 'essence' of the Devil Fruit. I think it would be a far fetched idea to suggest that Blackbeard ate Whitebeard's heart and brain.
Eevsirrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 18:47   Link #18
Rainbowman

It's embarrassingly disappointing that Capone had underestimated Linlin's power. 😑
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 22:01   Link #19
Tuor

So, the goal should be to get Linlin to cough up the contents of her stomach -- much like what Gohan did to Cell in DBZ. I wonder if that explosive that was put into the chest will be consumed by Big Mom and then explode, causing her to barf up some of her past meals...
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-08, 00:01   Link #20
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevsirrom View Post
At this point I think he he might have just enveloped Whitebeard's body with his darkness goo to absorb the escaping 'essence' of the Devil Fruit. I think it would be a far fetched idea to suggest that Blackbeard ate Whitebeard's heart and brain.
Considering that Burgess can be the DF user of Gomu Gomu once he kill Luffy with the knife that he already prepared, that is the best assumption that i can get.