AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Prologue of Disturbance (Volume 21) Rating
Perfect 10 2 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-06-08, 10:57   Link #441
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosum View Post
Thanks @Medivh for information.

Look like we dont need to wait long for next volume 23. It will out at 10 August(2 month from now) and come with single arc - Isolation. I got a very bad feeling base from arc title only and base from short synopsis it look like someting will happen to tatsuya and miyuki.....
I must agree, synopsis give me a bad vibe. I hope nothing will happen to my ship
Old 2017-06-08, 11:44   Link #442
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Can anyone share a proper translation of V23's short synopsis? GT is not telling me anything concrete.

^If the MTL is even remotely accurate in this case, it appears Tatsuya and Miyuki are facing the sociopolitical consequences from V22 (Tatsuya taking action against some of the Master Clan houses). Nothing for now against the ship itself.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-08, 13:28   Link #443
kouya rokuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclar View Post
Tatsuya invented the Baryon Lance in order to bypass barriers/defenses where Decomposition doesn't work. Remember the incident in Volume 7 where the chinese people used those high powered rifles? Those rifles were designed to bypass certain spells that would affect conventional weapons. The same principle applies to the Baryon Lance. Aside from the the way it is used, it carries a lot of speed (10000 km/s is no joke) that no normal magician would be able to react or defend.

TL;DR, the boar is dead and Tatsuya can bypass Phalanx and other defensive spells with the Baryon Lance and pretty much kill them with that single shot.
wooah..thaaanks,
so tatsuya only can used it to kill, not to penetrate and attack with other magic? incase if he not allowed to kill the target

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosum View Post
Thanks @Medivh for information.

Look like we dont need to wait long for next volume 23. It will out at 10 August(2 month from now) and come with single arc - Isolation. I got a very bad feeling base from arc title only and base from short synopsis it look like someting will happen to tatsuya and miyuki.....
whuut?? already got vol 23 summaries? what happend with vol 22? no more images? no more spoiler out?
i see you got it from mahouka novel/manga news forums here,
where are you guys surfing for spoiler? wiki didnt have any update or more comment
reddit? any links guys?
kouya rokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-08, 14:17   Link #444
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouya rokuro View Post
whuut?? already got vol 23 summaries? what happend with vol 22? no more images? no more spoiler out?
i see you got it from mahouka novel/manga news forums here,
where are you guys surfing for spoiler? wiki didnt have any update or more comment
reddit? any links guys?
vol 22 isn't released yet, it release on the 10th (aka in a few hours in Japan). All we got is a short summary of the preview chapter so far.

The vol 23 only got a release date announcement.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-08, 15:25   Link #445
amtro
Distro

You're out of the loop, my friend. Vol 22 came out 7 hours ago.
It comes out on the 9th, not the 10th as usual. And because of this stores that were open on midnight have already begun selling the novels. You may see spoilers in a few hours, or it could take a full day.
Old 2017-06-09, 00:25   Link #446
Eclar
Avid reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouya rokuro View Post
wooah..thaaanks,
so tatsuya only can used it to kill, not to penetrate and attack with other magic? incase if he not allowed to kill the target
I don't know if he can somehow decrease the lethality of the Baryon Lance, but if he needs to incapacitate a magician with the spell, I think there is a way to to do it. Since the spell goes in a straight line, Tatsuya has to aim at the magic without aiming at the target simultaneously. For example, if Juumonji casted a big Phalanx, Tatsuya has to aim at the parts where Juumonji would not get hit after the spell penetrates his shield (the upper left corner for example). If that hit connects, Phalanx is disabled and Tatsuya can subdue him with whatever he can do.

Take this with a grain of salt because this is just an assumption that I made. We only saw how the spell works once with a boar, but we did not see Tatsuya using it against magic. Heck, even the spell may indirectly kill Juumonji even if Tatsuya doesn't drectly aim at him due to the firepower. The only thing we can do is wait for the real demonstration.
Old 2017-06-09, 01:16   Link #447
Aika Natsume

So in Volume 22 when the Yotsuba youngsters and Maya had a meeting, Miyuki didnt say anything??? For a person becoming the next head, she sure is making Tatsuya like one.
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-09, 04:50   Link #448
fujin of shadows

Spoiler from Discord but may change when the raws comes out or a credible source arises.

Spoiler is from 2CHAN so I will erase this when something more credible arises.

Spoiler for Spoiler of Vol 22:
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-09, 05:28   Link #449
Gohanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Spoiler from Discord but may change when the raws comes out or a credible source arises.

Awesome can't wait to know what exactly happened . But i really wanted her to die in this volume , so now will saegusa and Juumonji join to fend off against tatsuya they still got no chance
Gohanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-09, 05:43   Link #450
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:

Thanks! That sounds damn good. I like that part how Tsukasa plan backfired.
Old 2017-06-09, 06:25   Link #451
azarhal

Quote:

The last line is speculation and it show up every volumes before the raws show ups.

The author apparently just "said" that in the next volume he's going to write something he wanted to write ever since he started to work on Mahouka and people speculate about it. My experience of writers "I planned to write this part since day one" is always a death or a revelation about something the reader doesn't know about that change the plot dramatically.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-09, 07:15   Link #452
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
The last line is speculation and it show up every volumes before the raws show ups.

The author apparently just "said" that in the next volume he's going to write something he wanted to write ever since he started to work on Mahouka and people speculate about it. My experience of writers "I planned to write this part since day one" is always a death or a revelation about something the reader doesn't know about that change the plot dramatically.
I am hoping that the author finally writes two things.

A brief lover's quarrel between Tatsuya and Miyuki, followed by their first kiss.
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-09, 07:25   Link #453
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Quote:
I am hoping that the author finally writes two things.

A brief lover's quarrel between Tatsuya and Miyuki, followed by their first kiss.
Damn right!

I bet this time it's for real (silver revelation). It's time!
And because next volume's title would be Isolation. I'm pretty sure it's a good chance for author to make the others lick their own spits after isolating Tatsuya and Miyuki.

ESCAPE project is also a good chance for Tatsuya to prove how Saegusa's stupid plan is just that: stupid and unnecessary, and much better/efficient in achieving their objectives of raising the public image of magicians.

Go Maya! I love how the youngsters are again gathered together and have a talk out. I hope they get closer and perhaps one day would be a force Yotsuba could rely on to handle stuffs.

Last edited by Plumme; 2017-06-09 at 07:36. Reason: Adding mysteriously-vanished remarks.
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-09, 09:13   Link #454
kouya rokuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclar View Post
I don't know if he can somehow decrease the lethality of the Baryon Lance, but if he needs to incapacitate a magician with the spell, I think there is a way to to do it. Since the spell goes in a straight line, Tatsuya has to aim at the magic without aiming at the target simultaneously. For example, if Juumonji casted a big Phalanx, Tatsuya has to aim at the parts where Juumonji would not get hit after the spell penetrates his shield (the upper left corner for example). If that hit connects, Phalanx is disabled and Tatsuya can subdue him with whatever he can do.

Take this with a grain of salt because this is just an assumption that I made. We only saw how the spell works once with a boar, but we did not see Tatsuya using it against magic. Heck, even the spell may indirectly kill Juumonji even if Tatsuya doesn't drectly aim at him due to the firepower. The only thing we can do is wait for the real demonstration.
okaaay thaanks
look like this volume gonna be epic, hope we will see tatsuya baryon lance, and maybe we will based on the spoiler
hohhohohohohoh

Quote:

thaaaank you thaaank yoou thaaaank yooooou
thaanks @fujin of shadows
thaanks MNKrec of courseee
Old 2017-06-09, 09:34   Link #455
kouya rokuro

ahahha..i hope more of yotsuba youngsters or maybe the old peoples of yotsuba and tatsuya friend (erika,mikihiko,leo and mizuki) than their lover quarrel of first kiss (please dont! they are siblings, wake up people ! sorry...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumme View Post
Damn right!

I bet this time it's for real (silver revelation). It's time!
And because next volume's title would be Isolation. I'm pretty sure it's a good chance for author to make the others lick their own spits after isolating Tatsuya and Miyuki.

ESCAPE project is also a good chance for Tatsuya to prove how Saegusa's stupid plan is just that: stupid and unnecessary, and much better/efficient in achieving their objectives of raising the public image of magicians.

Go Maya! I love how the youngsters are again gathered together and have a talk out. I hope they get closer and perhaps one day would be a force Yotsuba could rely on to handle stuffs.

agree! its perfect time for tatsuya to reveal himself as silver with project ESCAPE..and theen booom! hahahaha..sure have big impact

yeaaah...go maya!! maya behaved so nice now, maybe because tatsuya is obedient now, ah.. i hope yotsuba and usna (virgina balance) partnership became useful in the future,
Old 2017-06-09, 10:08   Link #456
bakato

Quote:

What's the link to discord?
Old 2017-06-09, 10:18   Link #457
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
What's the link to discord?
that is something that actually makes me curious too
Old 2017-06-09, 11:40   Link #458
amtro
Distro

https://discord.gg/DaMVrb

Dunno if it's allowed or not.
Old 2017-06-09, 13:01   Link #459
bakato

According to readers, Katsuto was butthurt when Tatsuya broke Phalanx with Baryon Lance.
Old 2017-06-09, 15:22   Link #460
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
According to readers, Katsuto was butthurt when Tatsuya broke Phalanx with Baryon Lance.
Ha! Ever since he gave Tatsuya that stare down in the first NSC, like he was flauting that he was stronger than him, i knew some way down the road, he'd experience a rude awakening.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote