AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Prologue of Disturbance (Volume 21) Rating
Perfect 10 2 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-06-15, 04:37   Link #601
keithislad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post

Judging from the actual summary, it didn't seem to be a test of loyalty. It seemed more like she was just trying to get a read on his personality like whether he's an idealist or how he'd respond to hostage situations. We still don't know who her backer is, but to sanction such extreme measures against a VIP of the Yotsuba family no less it must someone pretty important.

It seems the loss of your fanhood has also made you forgetful. The USNA did back off. Virginia closed the investigation into Tatsuya and Lina only stuck around to clean up the parasites. This is the USNA we're talking about. The most Japan knew was that STARS entered the country and targeted Tatsuya. This doesn't mean they knew their base of operations or where they were. Tip off the GAA? That's ridiculous. Why would the GAA care to get involved in the squabble between its enemies? What could the GAA do when this is all happening in Japan?

"Isolation" is just the title of the arc. Geez. We still don't know Clark's plan. The CAD market isn't that big to begin with and it's subsidized by the government. It's not something you can use as leverage. As for Silver, you're right. There's really nothing more to lost in revealing Tatsuya as Silver. Him being Yotsuba is a good deterrent for the nosy, but the potential problem next arc is that revealing him and refusing to cooperate with project DIONE will end up isolating the Yotsuba from the magical community.

The Tooyama family is part of military intelligence and completely in the shadow with no reputation unlike the Yotsuba. Kazama probably didn't know about the Tsukasa's plan until it was already over.

Tatsuya being Yotsuba doesn't lift the restriction on his special magic and even the Yotsuba might not be able to protect him if word gets out. He's used it in desperate situations and its quite fortunate no one's caught on. Tsukasa saw his Gram Dispersion, but luckily she dismissed it out of skepticism.
Look according to the information Satou has given, the Yotsuba stand at the top of the magic community in Japan, and is a powerful force even in the world. Kudou and Saegusa are worried about them so much that they try to reduce the power of the Yotsuba. Other than mentions of figures like Toudou Aoba, there has been zero indication of a force big enough to target Yotsuba, especially in the Japanese government. And even in the case of Aoba, there is nothing to indicate that he is in discord with the Yotsuba. So isn't it ridiculous that some scrub from the 18 Assistant Families is attacking him? Merely his status as the son of the current head is enough to prevent the legal system from trapping him in situations, and now the army is not only attacking him, but the next head of the Yotsuba. Has there been any development in the past few volumes suggesting this? The Yotsuba are seen as dangerous to provoke after their destruction of Dahan, but now you have people from the Japanese military attacking them. It runs contrary to what Satou himself has written about the Mahouka world.

The USNA clearly didn't back off, considering they're still investigating him. They backed off temporarily, which doesn't mean much to be honest. Lina who tried to capture him wasn't harmed at all. And about the Japanese government not knowing, do you really think that? Maya knew, Saegusa knew, so why not the intelligence division? And why is tipping off the GAA so bad? I just raised it as a suggestion. When a country is conducting covert operations against its ally, I'm quite sure you can do whatever you want with them. Are the USNA going to publically admit that they sent their top agents to Japan and they got captured? It's not unrealistic to think that there were other options of dealing with it. If they tipped off an enemy of the USNA, what would the USNA do? Think about it. The USNA can at best pressure the Japanese government privately, but the Japanese government isn't necessarily in a bad position, especially when a key military asset of the USNA is under threat.

I'm quite sure that some of the magic improvements that Tatsuya has made can be used as leverage. The flying magic made by FLT was purchased by major powers. Preferential deals for current products and possibly for things like ESCAPES can be made. Even his magic like Specific Cast Jamming or Gatekeeper (although now it isn't an option) can be used as leverage.

Again, although an international magic community exists, magic is quite restricted between nations. All Yotsuba need to care about is the Japanese magical community, and as I have written, they have the ability to gain allies.

It's not about Kazama knowing about the plan or not, it's about him using his influence or Saeki's influence to prevent a key military asset from being targeted - sending a message to other factions that he cannot be targeted or there will be consequences. If Kazama can't ensure that his own men are being targeted, why is there any incentive for Tatsuya to stay in the military? Kazama knows this, Tatsuya knows this, but somehow this doesn't mean that Tatsuya pressures the military. Tatsuya has enough knowledge about CADs, combat and can even build a device for Material Burst himself. A strategic class magician is of immense value for the military and they should be doing everything to ensure that he stays with them, when the option of him leaving is credible because of the Yotsuba.

The way this series is going, it looks like the Yotsuba are forced into a corner in a contrived fashion. The entire deal about Miyuki being an idol is incredibly stupid. Are idols meant to suddenly increase the popularity of magicians? Is the anti-magic faction so stupid that they don't know how to target magicians iin the media if Miyuki starts singing and dancing? Are the younger generation of the Japanese magical community so stupid that they can't see this fact? I mean does Juumonji think that if Miyuki shakes her ass on TV for a bit, the atrocities that magicians can supposedly admit will be forgotten by the public? If it was logical, no he wouldn't think that. And Yotsuba can simply mention other ways of increasing popularity of magicians. Why doesn't Tatsuya mention his ESCAPES plan, or of bringing in magicians for non-military uses to improve public perception?
keithislad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 06:13   Link #602
zerosum

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithislad View Post
The way this series is going, it looks like the Yotsuba are forced into a corner in a contrived fashion. The entire deal about Miyuki being an idol is incredibly stupid. Are idols meant to suddenly increase the popularity of magicians? Is the anti-magic faction so stupid that they don't know how to target magicians iin the media if Miyuki starts singing and dancing? Are the younger generation of the Japanese magical community so stupid that they can't see this fact? I mean does Juumonji think that if Miyuki shakes her ass on TV for a bit, the atrocities that magicians can supposedly admit will be forgotten by the public? If it was logical, no he wouldn't think that. And Yotsuba can simply mention other ways of increasing popularity of magicians. Why doesn't Tatsuya mention his ESCAPES plan, or of bringing in magicians for non-military uses to improve public perception?
Well keithislad, in reality someting like this really exist and you know, it still WORK....!! you cant expect all people are same, what i know and see people easily got trick with someting like this stupid plan and i still dont know how to deal with this problem

Err you think other family like Saegusa and his allies will accept that easily, they hate Yotsuba and that why this stupid plan exist.

For escape it mention before in vol.21, it still not complete n yet still not pattern?? if i not mistake. Revealed Escape plan might be cost Tatsuya a lot coz Taurus Silver must be present to reveal this project and how its work. Hopefully in next arc it will happen.

Last edited by zerosum; 2017-06-15 at 07:32.
zerosum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 09:49   Link #603
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Quote:
Look according to the information Satou has given, the Yotsuba stand at the top of the magic community in Japan, and is a powerful force even in the world. Kudou and Saegusa are worried about them so much that they try to reduce the power of the Yotsuba. Other than mentions of figures like Toudou Aoba, there has been zero indication of a force big enough to target Yotsuba, especially in the Japanese government. And even in the case of Aoba, there is nothing to indicate that he is in discord with the Yotsuba. So isn't it ridiculous that some scrub from the 18 Assistant Families is attacking him? Merely his status as the son of the current head is enough to prevent the legal system from trapping him in situations, and now the army is not only attacking him, but the next head of the Yotsuba. Has there been any development in the past few volumes suggesting this? The Yotsuba are seen as dangerous to provoke after their destruction of Dahan, but now you have people from the Japanese military attacking them. It runs contrary to what Satou himself has written about the Mahouka world.

The USNA clearly didn't back off, considering they're still investigating him. They backed off temporarily, which doesn't mean much to be honest. Lina who tried to capture him wasn't harmed at all. And about the Japanese government not knowing, do you really think that? Maya knew, Saegusa knew, so why not the intelligence division? And why is tipping off the GAA so bad? I just raised it as a suggestion. When a country is conducting covert operations against its ally, I'm quite sure you can do whatever you want with them. Are the USNA going to publically admit that they sent their top agents to Japan and they got captured? It's not unrealistic to think that there were other options of dealing with it. If they tipped off an enemy of the USNA, what would the USNA do? Think about it. The USNA can at best pressure the Japanese government privately, but the Japanese government isn't necessarily in a bad position, especially when a key military asset of the USNA is under threat.

I'm quite sure that some of the magic improvements that Tatsuya has made can be used as leverage. The flying magic made by FLT was purchased by major powers. Preferential deals for current products and possibly for things like ESCAPES can be made. Even his magic like Specific Cast Jamming or Gatekeeper (although now it isn't an option) can be used as leverage.

Again, although an international magic community exists, magic is quite restricted between nations. All Yotsuba need to care about is the Japanese magical community, and as I have written, they have the ability to gain allies.

It's not about Kazama knowing about the plan or not, it's about him using his influence or Saeki's influence to prevent a key military asset from being targeted - sending a message to other factions that he cannot be targeted or there will be consequences. If Kazama can't ensure that his own men are being targeted, why is there any incentive for Tatsuya to stay in the military? Kazama knows this, Tatsuya knows this, but somehow this doesn't mean that Tatsuya pressures the military. Tatsuya has enough knowledge about CADs, combat and can even build a device for Material Burst himself. A strategic class magician is of immense value for the military and they should be doing everything to ensure that he stays with them, when the option of him leaving is credible because of the Yotsuba.

And this is among the reason why the volume is still ongoing, gentlemen. Me myself is hoping a big bang would occur at the end just to satisfy my own scepticism. Still hoping Satou would redeem himself along with Yotsuba and Tatsuya himself by finally make them act out the actions we all want to see: one flashy terrorizing act on the buggest stage, just to put others to their proper lowly places.

I'm quite sick of the same 'logical' 'mature' solutions for each event. Not satisfying enough. It's not that I could not understand the reasonings proposed by Satou, it's just that it is not enough. I get the contexts and all. But. Lol. Not satisfying enough.

Can Yotsuba just snap and be out of logic for a moment, in the future event please. Someone go hurt Miyuki for once, a small scratch is enough. Do it in an open environment, with numerous figures (many TMC people, USNA people, Yotsuba, civils) as witnesses. Can we just get a villainess jealous enough with Miyuki that she actually manage to touch her? Jealous woman is scary after all. Just kidding hehe

Last edited by Plumme; 2017-06-15 at 09:58. Reason: Additional rant.
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 13:11   Link #604
bakato

Quote:

The Yotsuba are feared and this comes with its own pros and cons. There has been zero indication of a force that was interested until now. Remember that the identities of most of their members are kept secret. Announcing Tatsuya as a Yotsuba has painted a target on his back for some people. There's nothing ridiculous about it. In fact, I think it's a nice move on Satou's part to introduce variety. He's always subscribed to the rock paper scissors power mechanics and the Tooyama shows us that every family has its own unique skill set. Get your story straight. This isn't the military, it's Tsukasa rogue actions. There are factions like Sakai as we've seen.

You should try reading the whole post.

Quote:
The first time they did close their investigation on Tatsuya and thanks to Lina's misunderstanding they ruled him out as a suspect. Now they've reopened the case, but like I said they're not investigating Tatsuya specifically. Sylvia and her team were just sent to create a network which would be used to investigate the identity of the SCM magician and this was the result of the recent use of SCM magic.
Maya knew about Lina's deployment, but at that point STARS was only investigating him as a potential suspect. As long as Tatsuya kept his head low, they would overlook him and the whole thing would blow over. After Lina attacked Tatsuya, they destroyed a USNA ship as a show of force and made a deal with Virginia. Saegusa only found out about STARS after the fact and its not like they knew where they were operating. Like I said, why would the GAA want to break up a squabble between its enemies? And what could they do with the knowledge that STARS infiltrated Japan? Do you expect Japan to invite GAA forces in to deal with STARS? They were practically at war with GAA.

Silver publishes the results of his research for public. The USNA could develop their own, but it’s just better to buy it from FLT. Revealing Mock Cast Jamming and Gatekeeper are out of the question. The international magic community means every country that relies on magic which means it is the international community. No country that relies on magic wants its magicians to be persecuted as that would lead to a loss of national power. Therefore, if the Yotsuba refuse to participate in this endeavor they’d be ostracized by the world. But you are correct in that they could still find allies, hence the whole make their own faction foreshadowing.

Tatsuya wasn’t exactly targeted. There was a dangerous experiment being conducted that he couldn’t allow. Therefore, he attacked them. Not the other way around. So it wasn’t about protecting him. Tatsuya’s identity as a member of 101 is top secret. Only Retsu really knew. Sakai didn’t know so Kazama couldn’t tell him not to target Tatsuya as that would blow his secret. Kazama had no authority to stop Sakai and he didn’t directly conflict with him for the same reason Sakai ordered the parasites not to kill Tatsuya: they can’t afford to have infighting. As annoying and unhelpful as 101 has been, the benefit is to protect Miyuki. Tatsuya’a abilities are crucial to national power and keeping Japan safe keeps Miyuki safe.

There is nothing contrived about the recent turn of events. As stupid and crass as the idea sounds, you’d be wise to not to underestimate a pretty face. I loathe to say this, but the idea would be effective. Just look at Miyuki’s idol dictatorship. Of course, having the future head of the Yotsuba prance around as an idol in public is out of the question, but that was the point. Tomokazu’s was being a dick. But Tatsuya’s blatant, point blank refusal and some other stuff at the meeting antagonized everyone. This refusal was necessary as any sort of argument would just make Tomokazu insist. Give that little bastard an inch and he’d take a mile. The ESCAPES plan was being developed under his Silver alias. Bringing that up would blow his identity. Seriously, read the summary. Tatsuya said that magicians already contribute to society just by going about their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumme View Post
And this is among the reason why the volume is still ongoing, gentlemen. Me myself is hoping a big bang would occur at the end just to satisfy my own scepticism. Still hoping Satou would redeem himself along with Yotsuba and Tatsuya himself by finally make them act out the actions we all want to see: one flashy terrorizing act on the buggest stage, just to put others to their proper lowly places.

I'm quite sick of the same 'logical' 'mature' solutions for each event. Not satisfying enough. It's not that I could not understand the reasonings proposed by Satou, it's just that it is not enough. I get the contexts and all. But. Lol. Not satisfying enough.

Can Yotsuba just snap and be out of logic for a moment, in the future event please. Someone go hurt Miyuki for once, a small scratch is enough. Do it in an open environment, with numerous figures (many TMC people, USNA people, Yotsuba, civils) as witnesses. Can we just get a villainess jealous enough with Miyuki that she actually manage to touch her? Jealous woman is scary after all. Just kidding hehe
Here's my problem, the action you want to see is no different from the power crazy isekai protagonist crap, abusing their power because they're so much stronger than everyone else with no maturity or thought.
Old 2017-06-15, 13:13   Link #605
sparhawk1610
Asura

Guys June 9-11 Vol 22 - *1. 81,248 *81,248 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.22

Also, I agree with @bakato, I don´t want to see another crazy crap with abusing own powers.
Old 2017-06-15, 14:02   Link #606
amtro
Distro

It's literally one day of sales. It'll break 120k, but not much more than that.
Old 2017-06-15, 16:34   Link #607
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
IMO, Erika's attitude toward Saburou more like her way to cope the lost of Toshikazu. Saburou asked Erika for practice bout because he need to be stronger in order to protect someone. Knowing that Erika then actively helped him to be really stronger.
I guess she did that, so Saburou wouldn't have to taste bitter state where he couldn't able protect someone who he should protect in future.
I thought like that and that's actually the case
Spoiler for what actually Erika's thought:

Quote:
There @Diocar. Tatsuya's payback to the Tsukasa and army for attacking him and Yotsuba (Miyuki especially). If I'm not mistaken, your dissatisfaction started because of this right?

Thanks @mashigan. Not sure how that would be advantageous to Yotsuba and Miyuki though. How? How?
Is it just for revenge or is there actual benefits for Yotsuba?

Oh God I need to go read this volume ASAP
Tatsuya didn't know that Maya had personal connection with Balance of Stars.
He thought since Maya asked him to save a Stars member, he guessed Maya had a "client" from Stars.
For Miyuki, it's simply for revenge for exposing Miyuki to danger.
I forget whether it's Miyuki herself couldn't forgive that attack or it's Tatsuya who felt that way.
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 19:00   Link #608
bakato

Just in case, summaries are being posted on the wiki and chapter 7 was completed. We got a reason for Tsukasa's psychopathy.

Last edited by bakato; 2017-06-15 at 19:11.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 19:07   Link #609
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
It's literally one day of sales. It'll break 120k, but not much more than that.
That's pretty low for mahouka. I guess it's losing readers every volume.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 19:56   Link #610
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Quote:

Here's my problem, the action you want to see is no different from the power crazy isekai protagonist crap, abusing their power because they're so much stronger than everyone else with no maturity or thought.
I'm aware. Those kind of mentally crippling protagonists is what makes this novel appealing to me. The setting of the world opposite to Harry Potter's traditionalistic view on magic, and the physics theories usage for explaining magic, too.

But I shall not deny this secret wish of seeing Tatsuya acting OP under the daylight, in front of significant viewers. I'm pretty sure some wished the same. It's a secret wish so hush hush
Old 2017-06-15, 20:14   Link #611
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Minoru talks with Mayumi and Saegusa twins

@mashigan sama, could I bother you with this?

In chapter 1 in this volume, Minoru visited Saegusa.

What do they talk about? Why Minoru is there? How's Izumi reacting to this After all, Minoru is as beautiful as Miyuki.

Do they talked about Tatsuya? I got the impression based on past volume that Minoru admires Tatsuya but he seems ominous now, considering Maya's warning to Tatsuya against Kudou Minoru. Furthermore, he is the one who proposed (in the Thesis Competition in Kyoto) something that could contribute to countering for MI magic (Yotsuba's specialty), right? Is that, along with because Kudou is trying to rise in power through Yotsuba's help, are the reasons Maya warned Tatsuya against him?
Old 2017-06-15, 21:11   Link #612
bakato

Quote:
I'm aware. Those kind of mentally crippling protagonists is what makes this novel appealing to me. The setting of the world opposite to Harry Potter's traditionalistic view on magic, and the physics theories usage for explaining magic, too.

But I shall not deny this secret wish of seeing Tatsuya acting OP under the daylight, in front of significant viewers. I'm pretty sure some wished the same. It's a secret wish so hush hush
Soon. Soon all will come to light and all will kneel before Tatsuya.
Old 2017-06-15, 21:28   Link #613
TrueAlchemist

Somebody asked the detail in Saegusa sisters and Mayumi scene.

Spoiler for Vol.22 spoiler:

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2017-06-15 at 21:39.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 23:06   Link #614
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Did Mayumi get to talk to Tatsuya about 10MC meeting? I'm most curious to know about the details of this conversation, as Mayumi was of the same opinion as Juumonji about the whole thing (wanting Tatsuya to reach a compromise instead of just rejecting it). I wanna see how Tatsuya shuts her down on this.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-16, 01:34   Link #615
Misstee

What compromise would you suggest Tatsuya make, by the way. My only thought is for him to counter with offering up Mayumi, Izumi and Kasumi. If their brother demurs, he would effectively be calling his sisters homely dogs, unable to hold a candle to the glory that is Miyuki.

Really, what is Mayumi thinking wishing Tatsuya be more considerate of others in this manner. Katsuto may not have spent a lot of time around them, but Mayumi did. She knows good and well the lengths Tatsuya will go to to protect Miyuki. She should be persuading her brother to drop this idea for the sake of his continued good health.
Misstee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-16, 02:23   Link #616
Clashmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstee View Post
She should be persuading her brother to drop this idea for the sake of his continued good health.
I don't think i have ever seen Mayumi talking to or about her brother.

Spoiler for Chapter 4:

Why doesn't he back Tatsuya himself? He clearly understands Tatsuya would never allow Miyuki to be used.And now he fears the Yotsuba might leave the 10MC because of isolation? lol
I feel like Katsuto has all the cards in his hands and yet he never uses them.
Clashmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-16, 03:19   Link #617
Misstee

No, Mayumi and her brothers relationship is weak to say the least, and I realize direct speech is out because, Japan, but at least he would have the idea that he was about to get his tailfeathers burned of by dragonfire.
As for Katsuto, he's a bit of a puzzle. I did not think he was the type to be easily used and yet that seems to be going on. Between this idol business and Tsukasa shenanigans, there seems to be an attempt to either drag the bogeyman Yotsuba out of the darkness or drive them completely away.
Misstee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-16, 03:44   Link #618
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
@mashigan sama, could I bother you with this?

In chapter 1 in this volume, Minoru visited Saegusa.

What do they talk about? Why Minoru is there? How's Izumi reacting to this After all, Minoru is as beautiful as Miyuki.
Izumi's already immune against Minoru because she already used to her goddess, Miyuki-neesama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Ddraig Goch View Post
Did Mayumi get to talk to Tatsuya about 10MC meeting? I'm most curious to know about the details of this conversation, as Mayumi was of the same opinion as Juumonji about the whole thing (wanting Tatsuya to reach a compromise instead of just rejecting it). I wanna see how Tatsuya shuts her down on this.
The meeting was failed because Saegusa's twin came to obstruct them. Also Katsuto said to Tatsuya as a senior to save Shiina instead of meeting here.

Chapter 7 is good. If Juumonji didn't appear, Tatsuya definitely killed Tsukasa.
Spoiler for in chapter 8:
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-16, 08:15   Link #619
keithislad

Quote:
The Yotsuba are feared and this comes with its own pros and cons. There has been zero indication of a force that was interested until now. Remember that the identities of most of their members are kept secret. Announcing Tatsuya as a Yotsuba has painted a target on his back for some people. There's nothing ridiculous about it. In fact, I think it's a nice move on Satou's part to introduce variety. He's always subscribed to the rock paper scissors power mechanics and the Tooyama shows us that every family has its own unique skill set. Get your story straight. This isn't the military, it's Tsukasa rogue actions. There are factions like Sakai as we've seen.

You should try reading the whole post.

Maya knew about Lina's deployment, but at that point STARS was only investigating him as a potential suspect. As long as Tatsuya kept his head low, they would overlook him and the whole thing would blow over. After Lina attacked Tatsuya, they destroyed a USNA ship as a show of force and made a deal with Virginia. Saegusa only found out about STARS after the fact and its not like they knew where they were operating. Like I said, why would the GAA want to break up a squabble between its enemies? And what could they do with the knowledge that STARS infiltrated Japan? Do you expect Japan to invite GAA forces in to deal with STARS? They were practically at war with GAA.

Silver publishes the results of his research for public. The USNA could develop their own, but itÂ’s just better to buy it from FLT. Revealing Mock Cast Jamming and Gatekeeper are out of the question. The international magic community means every country that relies on magic which means it is the international community. No country that relies on magic wants its magicians to be persecuted as that would lead to a loss of national power. Therefore, if the Yotsuba refuse to participate in this endeavor theyÂ’d be ostracized by the world. But you are correct in that they could still find allies, hence the whole make their own faction foreshadowing.

Tatsuya wasnÂ’t exactly targeted. There was a dangerous experiment being conducted that he couldnÂ’t allow. Therefore, he attacked them. Not the other way around. So it wasnÂ’t about protecting him. TatsuyaÂ’s identity as a member of 101 is top secret. Only Retsu really knew. Sakai didnÂ’t know so Kazama couldnÂ’t tell him not to target Tatsuya as that would blow his secret. Kazama had no authority to stop Sakai and he didnÂ’t directly conflict with him for the same reason Sakai ordered the parasites not to kill Tatsuya: they canÂ’t afford to have infighting. As annoying and unhelpful as 101 has been, the benefit is to protect Miyuki. TatsuyaÂ’a abilities are crucial to national power and keeping Japan safe keeps Miyuki safe.

There is nothing contrived about the recent turn of events. As stupid and crass as the idea sounds, youÂ’d be wise to not to underestimate a pretty face. I loathe to say this, but the idea would be effective. Just look at MiyukiÂ’s idol dictatorship. Of course, having the future head of the Yotsuba prance around as an idol in public is out of the question, but that was the point. TomokazuÂ’s was being a dick. But TatsuyaÂ’s blatant, point blank refusal and some other stuff at the meeting antagonized everyone. This refusal was necessary as any sort of argument would just make Tomokazu insist. Give that little bastard an inch and heÂ’d take a mile. The ESCAPES plan was being developed under his Silver alias. Bringing that up would blow his identity. Seriously, read the summary. Tatsuya said that magicians already contribute to society just by going about their lives.
No, Satou is pulling things out of his ass. He's spent 20 odd volumes building up a picture of the Japanese magical community, and then comes this random development. In all the volumes so far, no indication has been given of a force which can match the Yotsuba in Japan other than Saegusa. Tsukasa's rogue actions seem incredibly stupid. What authority does she have to target a strategic class magician for her country? Does anyone other than the ones at the highest levels of government or the military? And Tatsuya should have the support of the ones at the highest level of the military - Saeki should be protecting him. In the absence of any development leading to the Yotsuba being targeted, it's pretty shit development. Regardless of Saeki or Kazama knowing about any particular plans, they can send a message to other factions that if Tatsuya is targeted, then the faction will face retaliation. E.g. by having some of Saeki's men watching over Tatsuya, so if another faction attacks him, they are attacking Saeki's members.

Again, the deal with Virginia means shit if the USNA are trying to investigate him. As for handing them over to the GAA, in this volume, Tsukasa brainwashes them and attempts to kill relatively senior members of the USNA military. Is it that unrealistic to assume that they have other options then, like handing them over to an enemy?

The recent turn of events are contrived. It doesn't matter if Tomokazu was being a dick, what matters was how the other members responded. Are all the members of the 10 MC so brainless that they don't think that the anti-magician campaign can't respond to Miyuki being an idol? Being set in a fantasy setting doesn't mean characters suddenly lose their thinking, as is what is happening now. Why can't Tatsuya mention the points that I have written? Why would having an idol prevent magicians from being unpopular, e.g. like when the 10 MC heads supposedly shielded themselves at the expense of civilians?

And looking at the recent development of Juumonji coming to save Tsukasa, isn't it just stupid? Juumonji has no authority to stop Tatsuya. Tatsuya could have killed Tsukasa and Juumonji could have done exactly nothing. Phalanx can't stop Baryon Lance. If Tatsuya said that the brainwashed USNA members were attacking him, what can Juumonji do? The 10 MC can't take action if Tatsuya kills someone attacking him and Miyuki.

The final chapter where Tsukasa says she thinks Juumonji can beat Tatsuya is an example of poor writing. Actually the entire character is. An intelligence officer not doing proper analysis of the target (she doesn't even know the extent of his power whereas it's shown earlier that Saegusa does) and then claims because she was in a fight where she could be killed, that Tatsuya is weaker than Juumonji. Is this rational for an intelligence officer? No. It's plain retarded. Tatsuya easily defeated her and she claims to have seen the extent of his power.

Anyway, I doubt you will change your mind. And I doubt I will either. Reading the summary has confirmed my thoughts that Satou doesn't know how to make characters act realistically. He is making them act in certain ways to push forward the plot in a certain direction. Further discussion doesn't matter - I'm dropping this series.
keithislad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-16, 09:04   Link #620
Gohanish

Quote:
The final chapter where Tsukasa says she thinks Juumonji can beat Tatsuya is an example of poor writing. Actually the entire character is. An intelligence officer not doing proper analysis of the target (she doesn't even know the extent of his power whereas it's shown earlier that Saegusa does) and then claims because she was in a fight where she could be killed, that Tatsuya is weaker than Juumonji. Is this rational for an intelligence officer? No. It's plain retarded. Tatsuya easily defeated her and she claims to have seen the extent of his power.

Anyway, I doubt you will change your mind. And I doubt I will either. Reading the summary has confirmed my thoughts that Satou doesn't know how to make characters act realistically. He is making them act in certain ways to push forward the plot in a certain direction. Further discussion doesn't matter - I'm dropping this series.
Fella don't lose faith , believe in GOD i mean Tatsuya , well the author did pull a fast one on us here , but well things in reality do work the same way , we get trolled over and over .
Katsuto coming to save tsukasa when tatsuya was intent on killing her is proof enough . where was he when she was trying to kill tatsuya lol. Well this is called hypocrisy so don't pay much attention over it .
Moreover what do you expect from a mortal who was testing tatsuya and mid way switched to elimination . Do remember she had no prior information over Tatsuya she knows no secret of his , whether his conn with the military or his real strength . And do you really expect her little brain to process the information related to GOD , she simply rejected the possibility of him using Gram Dispersion even when it was performed for her, even though she herself had a similar ability of partially accessing the idea . so in conclusion she is just a stupid character .
Also as previously mentioned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohanish View Post
if the author is not pulling a fast one on us by creating all their reputation as the most powerful and most feared , scrutinized and then bringing some unknown clan and putting them on the same power level as them , then gen is obviously either overly overestimating them or underestimating the yotsubas. In my opinion that's a load of BS . Koichi and Kudou would have another thing to worry about other than yotsuba and they would have always had an option of piting them against each other to keep them in check
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohanish View Post
Well then that means they aren't powerful at all so gen is mistaken ,and about them being considered an ally through jummonji i don't think so the max they could do for the jummonji is provide some information to them , i think it was mentioned that jummonji just have themselves no branch houses or groups to support them . And jummonji is not considered ally to saegusa or kudou . if they were allies(J&T) then by gen's def they would stand even above yotsuba and not remain in the third place and come under the scrutiny of koichi and retsu , so yeah gen's opinion is very wrong.
Gohanish is offline   Reply With Quote