AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-08, 22:05   Link #301
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Dissociate

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-06-30 at 10:37.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-08, 22:22   Link #302
Requiem-x
The slacking one

And here I was wondering what could happen next. I'm dissapointed, just scared to see where this will go now. As for the episode itself, it was yet another round of the cutest couple, and it was very nice to see Akane getting back on track after what happened last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
it was something with crunchyroll. it's out now anyways. anyways,
Spoiler:

we'll see where the next few eps take us. the festival, and how they resolve the large problem. i kind of hoped they would talk about it, instead of do it over text. oh well.
They still did it, though.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-09, 08:45   Link #303
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Well, Akane already told Hira, so why shouldn't she tell her boyfriend, as well? I'm sure they will talk about it in person.

It's pretty apparent that Hira invited everyone to go to the festival together just so that he could get his chance to confess to Akane. Seems that neither he nor Chinatsu have given up yet.

Spoiler for episode 9 ED Line chat:

Spoiler for episode 10 preview text and rough translation:
That chat's so sweet, even if it's cliché. Please let the theory about these being the future MCs' chats be correct.

Anyway, as I see it there's three ways it can go now. First, she moves but they agree to keep in touch and run to be together any chance they get; the texts in the endings are the product of their continuing relationship. Second, they panic and worry about moving for a long time but then it amounts to nothing (I've seen a few like this, and one where both are moving, go crazy with grief, and then scream in shock as they reach their new houses and find they're next door to each other). Third, least likely but romantic all the same: Kotarou takes his father's advice to go where he wants and finds a way to convince his parents to let him go to Koumei or some other school in that area. If it's the first then the rivalry might continue. I still don't think that Chinatsu is as bad as some have thought, but I do believe now that she's still in love and is willing to act as a rival if the opportunity arises. Like with many rival friendships, I don't think she'd be willing to do any serious backstabbing or manipulations, because she values her friendship, but I also don't think she'll hesitate to perform some direct attacks if she has the chance. But again, as the texts suggest, I doubt she'll get anywhere with that. Or hey, maybe she'll continue to interact with Hira talking about their similar situations and plans, at which point they'll start down a particularly well-beaten path. What better way to eliminate the spares than to pair them right?

On another note, I liked his dad in this episode; it's really nice to see a man who cares about his son's future but still wants him to be the one that decides that future. Far better than that dream-disparaging mother.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-09, 11:03   Link #304
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was a hardcore hero moment for Dad - a quietly wonderful piece of parenting.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 14:09   Link #305
ArrowSmith

I like that the show eschews the typical tropes of high school anime, but what is so great about this show otherwise? It seems rather dull. So what if the girl moves to another town or whatever? Nothing earth shattering here.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 09:53   Link #306
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
I like that the show eschews the typical tropes of high school anime, but what is so great about this show otherwise? It seems rather dull. So what if the girl moves to another town or whatever? Nothing earth shattering here.
This show is pure diabetes. That's the great part of this show. Do you not find this story sweet? Do you relate to all the happy and cringey things the mcs do? Not that you have to enjoy it or anything but thats why I come back every week.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 19:04   Link #307
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
Well I did think the previous episode was kinda boring but definitely not this one. This episode had a perfect balance of diabetes and characters moved outside their comfort zones and forced to deal with issues.

You probably don't think much of the girl moving town but I think Enzo really hit the nail in his blog.

Quote:
Akanae’s father has announced that he may be transferred, which would force the family to move to Chiba. And when you’re in middle school, that might as well be Australia...

...And while Chiba is only 90 minutes or so by train, to a kid that’s a continent away – and almost 1000 Yen each way a fortune. Such a move would be a virtual death sentence for this romance, like it or not.
Thankfully this isn't entirely a repeat of 5cm/s and they have the power of smartphones on their side but them not being able to have their cutesy romance so much just feels so wrong. It's like you're being forced to watch these poor kids lose their innocence.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 22:28   Link #308
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Dissociate

Old 2017-06-12, 23:31   Link #309
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
This show is pure diabetes. That's the great part of this show. Do you not find this story sweet? Do you relate to all the happy and cringey things the mcs do? Not that you have to enjoy it or anything but thats why I come back every week.
Same here. Akane and Koutarou's relationship is adorable to a degree I didn't think possible, and they're both great characters on their own, which, combined with a hilarious supporting cast (those omakes are glorious) makes for a very enjoyable show.

That said, the story might be going into a not so sweet direction now, and that has me conflicted, since there's a part of me that wants the sugar to flow, but the other says this a much more natural development given the series' tone.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 00:20   Link #310
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

I don't find any issue if Akane and Koutaro have to be separated because she moving away, there are no any reason why their relationship could stay longer those two are still middle grader they are not going married at any moment.
The fact that this show promoting LINE is encouraging Akane moving away will happen.
I suppose it safe to say the final episode will be Akane moving out to chiba? then she and Koutarou maintain their relationship via LDR (Long Distance Relationship) by texting each other thorough their silly LINE conversation to watch over.
In the end this anime is all about LINE promotion loldammit

Last edited by Diluc; 2017-06-13 at 00:33.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 07:00   Link #311
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Dissociate

Old 2017-06-15, 12:18   Link #312
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

delayed again! early reviews say this was a very good episode.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 17:12   Link #313
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Well, I just watched the raws for episode 10 and, even without being able to understand the Japanese, it looks to me like this episode might beat out episode 8 as the best episode yet.

Even though there's no English subbed version yet, the ED Line chat has been translated:

Spoiler for episode 10 ED Line chat text:

and... the episode 11 preview text is also available on mxtv:

Spoiler for crude translation of episode 11 preview text:

Last edited by FredFriendly; 2017-06-16 at 11:43. Reason: improved preview text translation
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 17:52   Link #314
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
delayed again! early reviews say this was a very good episode.
It is a very good episode. After this episode, Kotarou should not have any doubts at all.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 23:29   Link #315
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

man, i spent the second half of the episode saying "you better fix this!" i love how she knew it was him who ordered the book, and how he had the conviction to say what he said. good for him.

i love that you can hear her holding it in when they're talking on the bridge. then she lets it all out. amazing. more shows should be written like this.

with the exchange at the end of this episode, i think we've ruled out a shinkai ending. however, nice boat is still on the table..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2017-06-15 at 23:52.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 23:29   Link #316
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Here's what I wrote after I watched the raws (without understanding 99.99% of the Japanese spoken):

Spoiler:

Now that I've watched a sub version, there's not much to add except:

Spoiler:

Otherwise, it was a great episode, the best so far, especially that kiss:

Spoiler for large image:
Old 2017-06-16, 00:07   Link #317
haseo0408

What a nice story, very sweet but still delivers the message that love might be sweet but still hurts. I don´t remember, how may episodes is this series going to have?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-16, 00:42   Link #318
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I don´t remember, how may episodes is this series going to have?.
Only 2 more.
Old 2017-06-16, 01:27   Link #319
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

That ending was beautiful. Hopefully the series ends just like that.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-16, 06:21   Link #320
Funkatron
Highly irregular

They kissed! Finally!!
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime original, romance, school life, shoujo, slice of life, studio feel