AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Prologue of Disturbance (Volume 21) Rating
Perfect 10 2 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-06-19, 07:00   Link #661
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
@mashingan did Lina make an appearance at the end of the volume or was that another false spoiler?
Accurate spoiler.

There is also a scene with her earlier in the volume after the USNA learn their spy team was captured in Japan. You can read about it on the wiki summary.

Speaking of the summary, Erika isn't just training Subarou at this point, she dragged the entire school Mountain Club into the training and had Miki do some hand-to-hand sparing with him.

And going by how the "rescue Shiina" mission went, I hope she's going to drag the Seagusa Twins along for future training, they need to learn to not target their allies with AOEs disabling spells.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 10:31   Link #662
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Yotsuba vs the world. I know who I'm gonna bet on.

Nah. I'm sure your right. That's just the sort of thing I've come to expect from this little turd.
I hope when the time comes, I can see Tatsuya uses Mist Dispersion. It's been too long he hasn't used Mist Dispersion since the flashback volumes (vol. 8).

Haha, poor Masaki. IMO, Masaki isn't bad, however since we've been used to Tatsuya, Masaki's behaviour can only be seen as annoying,
in JP term "aishou ga warusugiru" 相性が悪すぎる

Quote:
@mashingan did Lina make an appearance at the end of the volume or was that another false spoiler?
It's correct. Lina wanted to thank Tatsuya for saving Silvie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Accurate spoiler.

There is also a scene with her earlier in the volume after the USNA learn their spy team was captured in Japan. You can read about it on the wiki summary.

Speaking of the summary, Erika isn't just training Subarou at this point, she dragged the entire school Mountain Club into the training and had Miki do some hand-to-hand sparing with him.

And going by how the "rescue Shiina" mission went, I hope she's going to drag the Seagusa Twins along for future training, they need to learn to not target their allies with AOEs disabling spells.
Mountain Club members' opinion about Mikihiko,
"As expected from club-chief's friend."
"As expected, PMC Chairman is one of normal sense breakers."

But Saegusas Twins then supplied the oxygen to allies so they can continue their duty
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 11:58   Link #663
zerosum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
Mountain Club members' opinion about Mikihiko,
"As expected from club-chief's friend."
"As expected, PMC Chairman is one of normal sense breakers."

But Saegusas Twins then supplied the oxygen to allies so they can continue their duty
Mikihiko is club chief friend??? so that means Leo is Chief for Mountain Club?LOL
and what you mean Mikihiko is one normal sense breaker? what actually Erika tell all Mountain Club members to cooperate? Erika still a drag Queen afterall

Plus Erika resent behavior in chapter 6 is proof she become more mature and this remind me of current Miyuki never can do the same like Erika did even Tatsuya belive erika can handle this problem without him and possibility Erika will become head chiba clan in the future?

but the last part in chapter 6 still a bit confuse mashigan, mind to tell in your perspective?

Lol that still consider friendly fire and i hate that. Erika should train both twin to
zerosum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 13:58   Link #664
bakato

Quote:
I hope when the time comes, I can see Tatsuya uses Mist Dispersion. It's been too long he hasn't used Mist Dispersion since the flashback volumes (vol. 8).

Haha, poor Masaki. IMO, Masaki isn't bad, however since we've been used to Tatsuya, Masaki's behaviour can only be seen as annoying,
in JP term "aishou ga warusugiru" 相性が悪すぎる
He's used it nearly every volume since. He used it on Lina, Maki's attackers in volume 12, during the attack on a base in the insurrection arc, etc.

He's not malicious, but honestly that just makes him more of an ass. This has nothing to do with Tatsuya. The things he's done are just indecent.

1. Allowing his father to engage him to Miyuki. Yes, he objected, but he didn't really put up much of a fight. As some noted, this was really inappropriate, but my beef is that he's barely interacted with Miyuki and he barely knows her. Now he wants to not only break up her current engagement to someone she actually knows, but marry him, a relative stranger.
2. When the Yotsuba lent Yuuka to treat Gouki, he didn't trust her. He wants to marry Miyuki, but he holds prejudice against her family? What the hell? Hardly son-in-law material.
3. Now he didn't even defend her family when people wanted to use her?
Old 2017-06-19, 17:28   Link #665
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosum View Post
Mikihiko is club chief friend??? so that means Leo is Chief for Mountain Club?LOL
and what you mean Mikihiko is one normal sense breaker? what actually Erika tell all Mountain Club members to cooperate? Erika still a drag Queen afterall
Yes, Leo is Mountain Club chief
Normal sense breaker, in actual line it's 常識ブレーカー, it means one of people who defy common conception
No, she only tell Leo to cooperate, so Leo ordered his members to participate in Saburou game of tag within jungle

Quote:
Plus Erika recent behavior in chapter 6 is proof she become more mature and this remind me of current Miyuki never can do the same like Erika did even Tatsuya belive erika can handle this problem without him and possibility Erika will become head chiba clan in the future?
Well, Tatsuya just not paying a heed about Shiina's abduction.
It's not his task to rescue Shiina.

Quote:
but the last part in chapter 6 still a bit confuse mashigan, mind to tell in your perspective?
Which part?

Quote:
Lol that still consider friendly fire and i hate that. Erika should train both twin to
That's the "arts", disable everyone and heal only allies

Quote:
He's used it nearly every volume since. He used it on Lina, Maki's attackers in volume 12, during the attack on a base in the insurrection arc, etc.

He's not malicious, but honestly that just makes him more of an ass. This has nothing to do with Tatsuya. The things he's done are just indecent.

1. Allowing his father to engage him to Miyuki. Yes, he objected, but he didn't really put up much of a fight. As some noted, this was really inappropriate, but my beef is that he's barely interacted with Miyuki and he barely knows her. Now he wants to not only break up her current engagement to someone she actually knows, but marry him, a relative stranger.
2. When the Yotsuba lent Yuuka to treat Gouki, he didn't trust her. He wants to marry Miyuki, but he holds prejudice against her family? What the hell? Hardly son-in-law material.
3. Now he didn't even defend her family when people wanted to use her?
I think I need to re-read it previous volumes as I somehow forget about Mist Dispersion usage

Hmm, reasonable. It depicts him not really love Miyuki, but only interested in her superficially.
Old 2017-06-19, 17:58   Link #666
amtro
Distro

What's the situation with Mayumi and her suitors?
Old 2017-06-19, 18:16   Link #667
zerosum

Quote:
Err the problem is he dont know yuuka is actually part of Youtsuba family member. It tell in the discription.

Quote:
Which part?

That's the "arts", disable everyone and heal only allies
The part after Erika and Saburou manage to save Shina and shina explaind things until the end of chapter 6. I still dont get it.
Old 2017-06-19, 18:29   Link #668
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Hmm, reasonable. It depicts him not really love Miyuki, but only interested in her superficially.
Which reminds me to ask... Why did Miyuki agree to go out on a "date" with Masaki in his Diary chapter?

She's clearly not interested in him and she knows of his feelings (and such, knows that he sees it as a "date" of sorts)
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 18:45   Link #669
bakato

Quote:
Err the problem is he dont know yuuka is actually part of Youtsuba family member. It tell in the discription.
But he knows she was sent by the Yotsuba and distrusts her on that fact alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Ddraig Goch View Post
Which reminds me to ask... Why did Miyuki agree to go out on a "date" with Masaki in his Diary chapter?

She's clearly not interested in him and she knows of his feelings (and such, knows that he sees it as a "date" of sorts)
Indulging the little shit maybe?
Old 2017-06-19, 21:11   Link #670
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
What's the situation with Mayumi and her suitors?
No mentions since Itsuwa's sibling were dispatched to Sasebo in vol. 8

Quote:

The part after Erika and Saburou manage to save Shina and shina explaind things until the end of chapter 6. I still dont get it.
Oh, the part that Shina said about duty obstruction?
When Shina concerned about Saburou that they're possibly hindering Tsukasa's task in training. Erika said a training such as like this should require many clearances and telling many involved authority such as police, and telling people close to involved person.
So Erika said there's no way they're obstructing Tsukasa's task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Ddraig Goch View Post

Quote:
Indulging the little shit maybe?
As @bakato said, yeah, indulging Masaki, but not because Miyuki herself but because Tatsuya permitted Masaki to invite Miyuki to watch movie

But this is the fall, Masaki thought he was permitted to "date" Miyuki when actually Tatsuya only permitted Masaki to watch movie, and only that

Quote:
But he knows she was sent by the Yotsuba and distrusts her on that fact alone.
He was wary because of MI magic used to Gouki.
However Gouki dismissed him to not think much about it.
Old 2017-06-19, 21:14   Link #671
Gekari
My Japanese level: slug

@mashingan, thank for your clarifications about the spoilers. You and many been saving our thirsty lives XD.

Can't wait for volume 23. We should get a preview early in July, right?
Old 2017-06-19, 21:18   Link #672
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekari View Post
@mashingan, thank for your clarifications about the spoilers. You and many been saving our thirsty lives XD.

Can't wait for volume 23. We should get a preview early in July, right?
The planned release is August, and the preview is usually one week before the release date.
Old 2017-06-19, 21:22   Link #673
Gekari
My Japanese level: slug

Quote:
The planned release is August, and the preview is usually one week before the release date.
Thank you very much
Old 2017-06-20, 06:33   Link #674
azarhal

Quote:
When Shina concerned about Saburou that they're possibly hindering Tsukasa's task in training. Erika said a training such as like this should require many clearances and telling many involved authority such as police, and telling people close to involved person.
I'm having this image of Erika facepalming all through the end of chapter 6 from the moment they start the rescue to the end.
Old 2017-06-20, 12:16   Link #675
zerosum

Quote:
Owh thanks, so that actually happen. This more sense than summary

BTW before that what erika actually thinking to blow a 'fate'??? Her fate or Saburou fate???

Quote:
I'm having this image of Erika facepalming all through the end of chapter 6 from the moment they start the rescue to the end.
Well you should call it 'KARMA'. Saburau behavior in this chapter really similiar to Erika back then when Tatsuya and her brother still around to support and deal with her stubborness in the past arc. Now she take one two step forward and know how tired to deal with all of this s**t and i hope Tatsuya make a joke out of this situation to Erika

I believe she definitely will found out what she actually deal with Shina kidnapping incident and realize Tatsuya indeed bring bad luck to her
Old 2017-06-20, 12:36   Link #676
-Mahesvara_

I like the fact that Tatsuya took a back seat approach to Shina's "kiddnapping situation". Its nice that his friends can rely on him, yet for the future, its better for them to not rely on him so heavily, because that could be detrimental for their own growth. Its nice to see the positive influence Tatsuya had on Erika, with how she took charge and planned everything out, while adapting more tactiful strategy rather than recklessness like in the past. Its good character development for her.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-20, 13:11   Link #677
azarhal

Quote:
Well you should call it 'KARMA'. Saburau behavior in this chapter really similiar to Erika back then when Tatsuya and her brother still around to support and deal with her stubborness in the past arc. Now she take one two step forward and know how tired to deal with all of this s**t and i hope Tatsuya make a joke out of this situation to Erika
I don't think we read the same volumes. Nothing in what Subarou is doing is similar to Erika. Subarou is not even stubborn, he's just clueless and obsessed with Shiina's safety.

Anyway, my facepalm comment wasn't about Subarou especially. It was about Shiina being so naive about everything, Subarou not paying attention to his opponent during the rescue and the Saegusa Twins dumb use of their AOE spells. It's like "Noobs, noobs everywhere!".

Leo had more judgement than those four in the first arc of the series and his fighting experience before high school was punching delinquents...
Old 2017-06-20, 13:25   Link #678
zerosum

Quote:
I like the fact that Tatsuya took a back seat approach to Shina's "kiddnapping situation". Its nice that his friends can rely on him, yet for the future, its better for them to not rely on him so heavily, because that could be detrimental for their own growth. Its nice to see the positive influence Tatsuya had on Erika, with how she took charge and planned everything out, while adapting more tactiful strategy rather than recklessness like in the past. Its good character development for her.
Ahh i just realize no wonder Tatsuya back off this time coz Shina not his 'dearest' friend plus she is daughter of Mitsuya family who also have influance with police. So this is 'i dont give a F' situation

Also Tsukasa really suck at this kind of operation even she got a clue from Shina that Saburou have training at Chiba dojo yet not counting Chiba family have a possibility to enterfere her plan Thats why she still a sargeant
Old 2017-06-20, 13:34   Link #679
zerosum

Quote:
I don't think we read the same volumes. Nothing in what Subarou is doing is similar to Erika. Subarou is not even stubborn, he's just clueless and obsessed with Shiina's safety.

Anyway, my facepalm comment wasn't about Subarou especially. It was about Shiina being so naive about everything, Subarou not paying attention to his opponent during the rescue and the Saegusa Twins dumb use of their AOE spells. It's like "Noobs, noobs everywhere!".

Leo had more judgement than those four in the first arc of the series and his fighting experience before high school was punching delinquents...
Of course, Saburou still weak as F and Erika still need pay attention a lot to cover him i think you right this one and look like Erika got Tatsuya headache this time
Old 2017-06-20, 13:50   Link #680
Fairy Water

Quote:
This reminds me when Lina's arc happened even Erika said she is taking advantage of Tatsuya's kindness. Sth like even if they don't ask he would still help. Still, I don't see much difference in these two cases. He cared about the vampire case because Leo got caught in it or was it related to military?

And that quite a surprise to have Erika runs the big-scale mission like this without help from protagonist's group. So proud of her at least with this kind of side mission the weed friends get to shine on their own.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote