AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-09, 16:38   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The scenes with the Berserker armor were nowhere as impressive nor as intense as they were in the manga, and that is sadly an obvious thing to say at this point. I still had a glimmer of hope given that they took a break last week, but there were no miracles.

To be fair, I thought it was pretty good until Grunbeld (?) turned into his dragon form (which was rather ugly there whereas it looked majestic in the manga. I remember my jaw dropping when I first saw that double spread featuring Guts facing him), the direction and choreography took a bit of a nose dive after that. They could have done better, even with their obviously limited budget.
Old 2017-06-09, 17:47   Link #82
Friday
Im shy too...

it was abit let down but the manga story was there....

the beach scene....
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-09, 19:07   Link #83
Xical
Phantom User

Seeing how much they shaved to end this episode with the beach scene, how much more you think they will shave so we can end this season with the boat scene?
Old 2017-06-13, 15:30   Link #84
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Ouch, this is mean

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-16, 10:42   Link #85
Xical
Phantom User

23, Some comments:
I feel quality returned to whats normal for this series, and seeing Guts smiling from heart two times this episode, even if one of those smiles were the faintest of the faintest, was priceless.
now, I'm very worried about the thing they skipped to finish this episode in the point they did, is like production is saying "sorry guys, this the last of berserk anime you will see,no more seasons, so we are skipping left and right so we can finish this season in a good point and you can read the rest in the manga".
Hope I'm wrong.
Old 2017-06-16, 11:29   Link #86
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This episode was pretty nice, but the credits in the final scenes felt annoying.
Old 2017-06-16, 12:23   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that was an enjoyable episode. Expanded on the lore and we got to see a better portrayal of the Berserker armor's moves.
Old 2017-06-16, 13:56   Link #88
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Any idea about how close are we to the big boat cliffhangers that bothered the manga readers? I read the manga until Griffith's betrayal and by that time I heard about this anime that took place directly after that
Old 2017-06-16, 18:25   Link #89
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

To be exact, the anime doesn't start immediately after Griffith's betrayal, they skipped a whole arc (which was a favorite of many). To get to the boat, they'd need to skip a hell of a lot of stuff IIRC. There are lots of characters to introduce (including a key one, which I think should have appeared in this week's ep but didn't) and a really big battle before that.
Old 2017-06-17, 18:23   Link #90
Friday
Im shy too...

very angry over this episode

can anyone tell me why they skipped "The boy" scene?, as I believe its a pivotal part of the story.

Harbour scene next week!!!!!!

thought it might be over.....
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-17, 19:22   Link #91
SMT
*Artist

This adaption is so sad. I'm only watching it cause I'm not that much of a manga reader but this is downright terrible. How did Berserk even manage to get such a terrible adaption is beyond me.

And honestly CGI can look good if done right but this is so wrong, it's not just the look of it but also how hideous the animations(if you can call them animations) are at times. And judging by their recap ep near the season finale they can't even keep up with the terrible production quality they are showing. So why bother at all...

I haven't read the manga but it seems there is a ton of potential wasted. Yet I'm still eager to watch an episode each week probably cause of the source material being outstanding and very deep.

Such a shame.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 03:06   Link #92
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

God this cg is startingcto infuriate me...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-23, 10:29   Link #93
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I love how they actually properly animate the last bit of the episode. As if to say "hey you know how good this show could have looked, well here you go." What a jerk move. Almost rubbing the horrible cg in everyone's faces.
Old 2017-06-23, 11:40   Link #94
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Is it me or they forgot to give pirate captain a proper eyepatch?
Old 2017-06-23, 12:04   Link #95
SMT
*Artist

I also noticed some of the cuts are extremly weird and very confusing, super jumpy, no sense of flow. This team has absolutely no clue what they are doing. They can't even get basic stuff right.
Sometimes I can't even follow what happens, it's like actually reading a manga with blanks inbetween...

The only good thing about this episode was a fully drawn adorable Schierke. Hnnngggh

Why not draw the whole season like that. That style looked totally fine...Takes time?
Ye okay then take your time and give us a season every 2 years or whatever.

Last edited by SMT; 2017-06-23 at 12:36.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-23, 13:52   Link #96
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOapps View Post

Why not draw the whole season like that...?
Only one reason and that is :

Spoiler:
Old 2017-06-23, 14:07   Link #97
VyseLegendaire
Sky Pirate

Send a message via MSN to VyseLegendaire
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOapps View Post
This adaption is so sad. I'm only watching it cause I'm not that much of a manga reader but this is downright terrible. How did Berserk even manage to get such a terrible adaption is beyond me.

And honestly CGI can look good if done right but this is so wrong, it's not just the look of it but also how hideous the animations(if you can call them animations) are at times. And judging by their recap ep near the season finale they can't even keep up with the terrible production quality they are showing. So why bother at all...

I haven't read the manga but it seems there is a ton of potential wasted. Yet I'm still eager to watch an episode each week probably cause of the source material being outstanding and very deep.

Such a shame.
Berserk will always be fundamentally a manga and rooted there. The sales potential for adaptations has always been low due to its style and content, demographics, etc. Its easy to say "this manga is great so we should get a great anime" but it just doesn't always work that way. Some manga are much more adaptable due to easier art style, more young age-group demo, and such - think of Hunter x Hunter.

G + : http://goo.gl/KLYOEf
GFAQs : http://goo.gl/deehk9
Disqus : http://goo.gl/CNvEDt
VyseLegendaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-23, 14:53   Link #98
Ryuga

So, this is it, the last episode. Schierke and Sonia's interactions were good, though I've always been slightly confused as to why Schierke didn't seem to put two and two together when Sonia was talking about the tale of the White Hawk and her boss and realise she was talking about the person who was responsible for the Apostles burning down the mansion.

Isidro learns to be more considerate, slightly anyway, and his and Mule's little fight was funny, but they reduced the argument to the background and cut out Mule's criticism of Isidro regarding his fight with the pirates and him not being able to kill them, which gave it some weight. Isidro's fought monsters and he wants to be a great swordsman, but taking a human life is something quite different altogether. It goes back to season 1/Conviction Arc where Guts asks Isidro if he's taken a life and Isidro lies about having done so.

You'd expect a pirate captain to sound gruffer, but that's supposedly the joke, apparently he speaks more formal Japanese than you'd expect to give himself and his dirty trade an air of legitimacy. Schierke giving the slaves a peaceful cremation was a great moment.

Overall, this adaptation's rather poor. I doubt there'll be another series, at best, maybe a series of movies to complete the arc, but I think it's unlikely too. Whatever, it's done its job.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-23, 17:42   Link #99
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Question. After this episode, where should I continue reading the manga?
Old 2017-06-23, 17:54   Link #100
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Question. After this episode, where should I continue reading the manga?
Better start from vol01, but if you really want to start close to series ending, vol.27 is a good option, because you will read the attack of apostles on Flora and after that a mini arc that was totally skipped in the anime but is really important for the world development, then vol.28 start in the beach an you will see a key character that was cut from the anime, then from vol.29 chapter 02 is the continuation from anime, but you will not understand many things unless you go and read older volumes.