Nekokota Festival

Kyouma is just so cool but when Mira hit him it didnt sound good at all

8/10 Need anther season
Old 2016-03-27, 21:24   Link #402
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A good last episode for the show.

My condolences to Loser and maybe more so Ellie. In the end he couldn't save his wife...though at least she was able to pass on. That horrifying fate now over for her. He can rest in peace as well. Though it does leave Ellie behind. Following Julian through this desperate path. Though I'm sure it was a possible result that she knew could happen. Using the numbers like that with the strain it put on his life support. Maybe better that he can rest, being in that state couldn't be anything but utter agony for Julian.

A good last episode. Kyoma was able to face his past and move forward. Though he lost Miyabi, there are things that were born even from tragedy. Seems like he'll get along better with Mira as well which is nice since she certainly deserves that. Her mysteries aren't fully solved, but that's ok for the moment.

Good show. Very enjoyable and was nice to have an interesting science fiction show to follow.
Old 2016-03-27, 23:52   Link #403
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

9/10

When I first started the anime, I thought it was one of those hard-boiled types... Badass things...
But then I realized it was a "Mira is cute" anime. Which is fine, because I did find her cute. And the overall story wasn't that bad.

Just... that Mira being cute seemed to be the most important part of the anime, and the anime definitely tried to make her cute at every possibility.

The story wrapped up fairly well, though nothing on what is to become of Loser's daughter.

So yeah, "Mira cute" is what I'd give someone asking me about how this anime is.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 00:50   Link #404
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 12 [END]

Ah, and so the fun ends. This was a really solid adaptation all the way though. Yes it ended up cutting out quite a lot of material out ultimately leaving the anime as much more condensed version of manga, but that's fine. Because not did manage remain very coherent within itself without much need of the source to explain or expand on things, but brought up to life the most attractive elements of the original source. It may not have been amongst the most memorable shows of the season or had characters with a lot of depth, but they were very likable and decently well characterized. Top with solid world building and intrigue and you damn fine show. It's good example of how adapt any given work under limited conditions like episode count.

If anyone interested enough to continuing following DW, definitely check out the manga, but from the very beginning to get the full accounts of DW.

Overall series grade 8.5/10

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-03-28 at 01:01.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 02:43   Link #405
Yamada II

Episode 12 (Finale)
While the concept of the existence of a new dimension which stores the different possibilities out there in the form of energy was what had me interested, I have to admit, I am not entirely sure what the hell just happened here. This episode was pretty confusing.

So, Mabuchi, after getting his hands on genesis, destroyed it because he, nor Miyabi wanted to use it. So everyone on the island came here for nothing, including Seameyer who thinks that this was all pointless and a waste of time and so he goes crazy and tries to cause a large scale dimension W something or the other and destroy the earth. But thanks to Loser's teleport gate, they defeat Seameyer. Mira fixing Mabuchi's memories caused her coil to malfunction. Her timely intervention to save Mabuchi from getting eaten by the teleport gate with that busted coil saved her and Mabuchi. And Yurizaki gave her his own coil, I think. Whatever she got she can now understand emotions better and may be able to express emotions like humans. I think that's it.

Dimension W started off quite interesting. The concept of a new dimension was interesting and the working of the dimension made it even more so. But it tended to get boring and confusing at times with the info dumping. The animation started off good enough but then saw some downs along the way. The OP was amazing. The soundtrack as a whole wasn't much memorable. It had some problems with its storytelling too. It managed to be a somewhat enjoyable watch, but it could have been better.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 09:28   Link #406
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Pretty satisfying conclusion. Kyoma's story got resolved, and his relationship with Mira has improved (he called her by her name!!). Still would like to see a season two since not all of the mysteries have been resolved. They even introduced a new one at the last minute with Mira's new coil given to her by Yurizaki.

I'm sad that Loser died since he was a great character and he is leaving a daughter behind. I wonder what Ellie is going to do now. It'd be nice if she joined Kyoma and Mira.
Old 2016-03-28, 09:32   Link #407
Dextro
He Without a Title

This is a great example of how to end a show. It closed enough plot threads to make the story as a whole feel complete but it still left more than enough hooks in to allow for a sequel if it ever shows up.

They really rushed some of the bits in the middle there but overall the pace managed to stay perfectly acceptable throughout. It also helps that, as an action show, the fast pace kind of worked in its favour to keep the tension high and views hooked near the end. Good directing there.

I also have to point out those shots with the flat color backgrounds and the character outlines used as a shadow. Very striking and gives the show something to stand out from the pack yet the team managed to avoid overusing that particular style instead of falling into the trap of plastering it everywhere.

Overall there's a lot of good stuff here. It had a bit of trouble selling itself to the audience in the first couple of episodes but then it turned into a mighty fine show. I'll agree with others here that this is a perfect fit for something like Toonami. It definitely feels like something a western audience would eat up

Last edited by Dextro; 2016-03-28 at 16:11.
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 16:09   Link #408
VTHokiePride

Really going to miss Kyoma dancing in the OP.
Old 2016-03-28, 22:35   Link #409
LG-MAX 2.o

OVA: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...pisode/.100399
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-29, 13:40   Link #410
cuzsal
I watch too much Anime

Really liked this show, that ova though short was fun to watch. Really would like for it to get a 2nd season, no idea if it sold good enough for one though.
cuzsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 20:21   Link #411
gdpetti

Manga is ongoing, but only 12 volumes, not sure when they'd have enough material to make another cour.... unless they go original.. anyone know where the anime left off from the manga?

THis one has a similar feel to Planetarian I thought... the relationship only being more dramatic in that dystopian world.... this one more comical/adventure.
gdpetti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen