AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-08-14, 22:17   Link #5501
Bigmac

Can someone explain to me how BorN has messed up season 4 and 5 without it being fixable?

As far as I remember Chichigami isn't even relevant until the fourth story arc and lets be honest I don't think DxD will get past season 5.

Raynare issues? The problem isn't resolved as Issei doesn't remember so he's reverted back to his old self referring to Rias as Bochou again. Rias doesn't remember the details either, only how it felt.

Issei unlocking the new power early? Easily fixable with the memory loss shenanigans. He doesn't remember properly so he can't use it and has to unlock it again via the previous boosted gear users this time.

No Sitri Rating game? It could be included in season 4 right at the beginning or as a OVA release before season 4 starts with some modifications of course.

To me season 4 can easily be how it happens in the light novels unless there is some major item I have missed.
Bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 23:46   Link #5502
Brawlre

It messed up a lot for example rais’s and sona’s fight the Loki fight was on a way lower scaling issei unlocking boost blaster bishop fake issei clone and more
Brawlre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 06:13   Link #5503
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It also messed up with how Akeno's relationship and reconciliation with her father was handled, and it also messed up on some of Ise's character development in Akeno's arc and the part where he used the replica of Mjolnir. Unless there's a remake of Season 3, the anime has been ruined beyond repair. IMO they shouldn't do a Season 4 like this.
Old 2017-08-15, 07:04   Link #5504
Lucidrago

And plus with all the things they've changed there's no point putting in the Rias vs Sona RG. Saji already has all 4 Sacred Gears and well Volume 6 has already been adapted. It would be too out of place. By excluding things and putting extra things in from the future volumes they have lessened the importance of those things. To me, every element is vital in creating a good story with a consistent flow. That flow was messed up and that's my problem with Born.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 12:27   Link #5505
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Well they could always say it happened off screen but that doesn't fix anything it makes it worse. It's going to be hard to fix what season 3 screwed from 36 different directions.
Old 2017-08-15, 18:09   Link #5506
B214

Unless of course they don't plan to fix it and just go original. Not the first time it would happen.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 20:31   Link #5507
Lucidrago

Now yes there can be a Season 4 that's completely different from the light novels. But the logical assumption is that they're going to be sticking to the current story in the light novels although they'll probably have to change it up a bit. Now I don't speak for everyone here but most of us are light novel purists. It doesn't have to be exactly like the light novels(for example, Sona appearing in Season 1). But our problem is that they messed with the main plot and main story and changed it. And they did a bad job of it. I really think everyone here agrees it would have been better if they stuck to the light novels instead of diverging from it. And then them putting in future events and kind of lessening the impact of them in the future(I really don't see the point of them doing that). Like the last three episodes, Ajuka adjusting Issei's evil pieces, bringing in Welsh Blaster Bishop, Raynare's curse coming up, and Fafnir protecting Asia(watch the last 2 episodes again if you don't believe me). It seems they included all this unnecessary stuff that appeared in future volumes and deemed it more important than the things they excluded. Now it's not as much about how Season 4 as much as it's about Season 3 being a half-ass, inconsistent disappointment. In the end, there was no need to exclude all those things and include things they were supposed to only be shown in the future volumes in my opinion.

Now none of us know how Season 4 is going to be. There is a slight possibility there won't be a Season 4. We have to wait and see how Season 4 is going to be. But if they say they are going to stick to the light novels like good boys this time it might be possible but some of the highlights of those volumes have already been spoiled in the anime and I feel the impact will be lessened. Issei achieving Triana. They've already showed Welsh Blaster Bishop so that's been ruined for us. And with Volume 10, Raynare's trauma is already gone and they did that stuff with Issei and Rias. And then they try to correct it with amnesia. Maybe I'm overreacting and Season 4 may be very good. Maybe I'm just too blinded by my dislike towards Born. Maybe I'm too biased towards the light novels(which I'll admit I am). But in the end I can't bring myself to accept what they did with Born and carry on like they messed nothing up. I'll reserve my judgements on Season 4. By the standards of the light novels, I considered Season 4 ruined. But I might be wrong. So mostly it's my bias towards the light novels talking when I talk about Born and talk about the effects it will have on Season 4. But even before reading the light novels, Born was a half-ass inconsistent mess. They should have kept things in the order they were in the light novels.
Old 2017-08-16, 06:22   Link #5508
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I completely agree.

And I'm not sure how many people will watch a remake of Season 3 if one is made, but I still think there should be a remake. They should make a Season 4 after that.
Old 2017-08-17, 01:59   Link #5509
The 48th Ronin

What if S4 is a remake of S3?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 05:34   Link #5510
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
What if S4 is a remake of S3?
What if S4 is an anime new story?

The what if is endless but either way, there will be changes to the story regardless of whether they adapt V9 & 10 just like the past seasons.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 09:10   Link #5511
Gaizafaiz

It's hard to determine what's TNK doing right now. DxD new anime was announce late last year and they haven't given any news or announcement up until the next Fantasia Bunko Event was announced. So we can hope till then.

But usually if a studio screw up an anime and does not follow it's original source material, they would usually left it be and that's the end. But in some cases there are some anime that gets a remake that follows faithfully with the original source content. Best example, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. But this is due to the popularity of the manga and it's sales.
Gaizafaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 09:15   Link #5512
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Isn't DxD also pretty popular? I know it's also the difference between a novel and a manga, but still, how popular is DxD compared to Fullmetal Alchemist? By the way, I've read that manga as well and I've also watched both anime adaptations.
Old 2017-08-17, 09:37   Link #5513
Gaizafaiz

DxD is popular. There is no doubt about that, but the sales are the problem. If a new DxD volume comes out and stays in the light novel ranking chart for a month or so then I would say it's good but DxD stays in the ranking only in the 1st week and in the 2nd week you might or might not see it.

Also, the studio which would be TNK would also want profit from doing the anime. If the source material becomes popular and famous, but the anime adaption is shit, then there would be no use then. You can't think on the light novel side only, you must think on the light novel and the anime adaption sides. When the 1st season came out and the DVD sales were 10000+, did Ishibumi and the anime staffs expect that? No. And if I'm not mistaken due to the 1st season, the sales of the light novel rises and became 600000+.

That's why Season 1 and 2 got 10000 and 9000 sales respectively which is good and all but then S3 came along with it's bad adaption and the sales drop down to 5000+ . But 5000 is still a good number though for a bad adaption.
Old 2017-08-17, 09:48   Link #5514
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

I still believe they are remaking BorN and adapting volumes 9 and 10 because the anime come October will have been production for a year.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 09:59   Link #5515
Lucidrago

Well all that's needed is a Season 3 remake. The first two seasons were perfectly fine. Like Akame ga Kill where the first 17 episodes were fine. They just need to exclude those last episodes and continue from there.
Old 2017-08-17, 10:00   Link #5516
Gaizafaiz

It's hard to say though @Bennia Lover. TNK is a rather small company compared to others. I'm honestly gonna be surprised if TNK decides on doing that. And if they were to ever do that, then it would end on a weird note. Because if the idea is 2 cour and to remake volume 5,6 and 7 plus adapting volume 9 and 10, the anime fans would be left hanging. Because they surely want to know what happened to the hero faction. Unless if it's a 3 cour which is most likely not. But who knows?
Old 2017-08-17, 10:07   Link #5517
thefreakmike

@Gaizafaiz Playing the devil's advocate, Blue Exorcist is an exception to that since its second season, glossed over the last quarter of its previous season. Noragami as well Went original anime way in its first season, but the door Was still open for the second season

ATM, DxD is TNK top cash cow, so they probably wouldnt risk to cease milking it, if they manage to arrange everything for S4 then I got no complains
Old 2017-08-17, 10:08   Link #5518
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

And because the fans want to know what happens, a lot of fans will buy the BD'S/DVD's to support another season or many will buy the novels to find out, or both. I doubt though it's just TNK working on it and we don't even know if it's still TNK.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 10:12   Link #5519
Gaizafaiz

@thefreakmike I'm not playing devil's advocate, I'm just stating the truth and facts that's all. And I do agree with you there are some anime adaption that went far far off from it's source material but still manage to get a second season. Best example, Negima. Way off from the manga still got many sequels and even a spin off....
Old 2017-08-17, 10:24   Link #5520
thefreakmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaizafaiz View Post
@thefreakmike I'm not playing devil's advocate, I'm just stating the truth and facts that's all. And I do agree with you there are some anime adaption that went far far off from it's source material but still manage to get a second season. Best example, Negima. Way off from the manga still got many sequels and even a spin off....
The playing devils advocate part was referring to me not u man , guess I didnt said properly Lol, I do agree with you tho when usually anime adaptations, LNs in general, go original route is the reason se dont get another season