AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Isolation (Volume 23) Rating
Perfect 10 14 56.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 16.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-08-17, 07:05   Link #301
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
To be honest, I can't still like Miyuki
Especially when she hasn't changed at all since the beginning.

For Tatsuya, even with his emotional defect, we can still spot his development, at the very least we can see that his thoughts and opinions can change over time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I stopped liking Miyuki quiet early on as I realized she was practically one-dimensional, Tatsuya she treats like a king but also manipulates him for her own benefits, and treats everybody not in her circle of friends like shit.

TBH I don't mind manga and LN's that use incest, I usually root for them too, but I can't for Tatsuya and Miyuki, I just don't like her. Though Mayumi has always been an interesting character in her own right I do think she's still the best girl for him, I liked her initially and it's continued so far for the most part.

So yeah Miyuki is generally close to being a static character.

IMO.
Same for the most part.
For me, its that Miyuki was consistently crying/worrying about her brother, wanted to free him from Maya and the Yotsuba, but was okay with it all until the recent volume when they weren't able (or willing) to help him.
She always knew how most of the Yotusba felt about him, and she was so happy about him being acknowledged throughout the school activities, but after the engagement she's no longer trying to free him and has put him in the position of being used by the Yotsuba as Maya pleases, which was one of the primary things Miyuki wanted to avoid, which also has lead to the current predicament.

She is also well aware of Tatsuya's state of mind for her, but every time someone else shows interests in him, she still gets sad or jealous, even though she knows and is saddened by his state of mind. At the same time, whenever Tatsuya goes out of his way to show some form of kindness and (minor) affection to other women, she still gets sad.
I understand she's in love and love is complex but still. Cant she just pick what she truly wants for him already?

I didn't particularly mind the incest until i learned about Tatsuya's emotions, and then learning that Miyuki knows about it as well. Its one thing if there is absolutely no way to restore or gain Tatuyas emotions again, but for Miyuki to consistently be taken aback by his praise and love for her, despite knowing that he is artificially made to be that way, just took the genuine love away from it for me. It feels too staged at times. if he chose her because its what he truly wanted, with all other temptations in front of him, then i'd be okay with that. But i guess we'll never know.

Its also why i like Lina and Mayumi better. For what little Emotion Tatsuya is supposed to have, his interactions with them feel a lot more genuine than Miyuki's. Particularity Mayumi since she has more 'tropes' and Tatsuya seems more developed and different than usual with her sometimes. Allthough even with Lina getting more book time, it feels like the 2 are being pushed aside for the time being, especially Mayumi with all the hoo-raa she was given before, during and even after the engagement.

meh...
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 18:34   Link #302
nilocolin

What is the SS included with Isolation called?
nilocolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 19:46   Link #303
amtro
Distro

There is no SS included with isolation
Old 2017-08-17, 21:52   Link #304
nilocolin

Really? I'm referring to the SS where Katsuto defeats Tatsuya. I saw pictures floating around but I can't remember the name.
nilocolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 22:48   Link #305
sasabit

Holy crap I wonder how Tatsuya is going to react to how Edward Clark is trying to get all of Japan to force him to participate in project Dione. He could just show everyone through force that its useless but that would just make them against Tatsuya even more.
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 23:19   Link #306
Medivh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilocolin View Post
Really? I'm referring to the SS where Katsuto defeats Tatsuya. I saw pictures floating around but I can't remember the name.
That is from the artbook that is sold on the same day as v23.
Medivh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 04:12   Link #307
Nice

Quote:
I think it was "Battle Royal"

The picture of Tatsuya grabbing Leos Panzer arm, Masaki being all scared, Geogre being beaten, Juumonji with a team of school students.

No idea what it was about though.
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 04:55   Link #308
Hokoga

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice View Post
I think it was "Battle Royal"

The picture of Tatsuya grabbing Leos Panzer arm, Masaki being all scared, Geogre being beaten, Juumonji with a team of school students.

No idea what it was about though.
You guys mean this one?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Check Bersi on FB, it certainly does say something about a Battle Royal SS.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 05:04   Link #309
Lnlover

Yeah,it seems to be Katsuto and co. graduation send off party or something like in which for some reason Masaki took part too. It was a battle royale which was a lot like Monolith code but with hand-hand combat.
Lnlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 05:14   Link #310
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasabit View Post
Holy crap I wonder how Tatsuya is going to react to how Edward Clark is trying to get all of Japan to force him to participate in project Dione. He could just show everyone through force that its useless but that would just make them against Tatsuya even more.
Time to reveal ESCAPE project next volume then!

It's a better project for their current world situation. Rather than making a new place to live, it is better to focus on giving the magician freedom and alternatives other than being weapon - or so he could emphasize. The project has better context for their current issue. This could be Tatsuya's temporary excuse for not participating in DIONE. Though I wonder if it might backfire and Edward & co. would put even more pressure by revealing his SCM card~
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 10:48   Link #311
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumme View Post
Time to reveal ESCAPE project next volume then!

It's a better project for their current world situation. Rather than making a new place to live, it is better to focus on giving the magician freedom and alternatives other than being weapon - or so he could emphasize. The project has better context for their current issue. This could be Tatsuya's temporary excuse for not participating in DIONE. Though I wonder if it might backfire and Edward & co. would put even more pressure by revealing his SCM card~
If they reveal that they know that then it is as good as giving away their real intentions of weakening Japan by removing their most valuable asset.
Old 2017-08-18, 12:54   Link #312
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
If they reveal that they know that then it is as good as giving away their real intentions of weakening Japan by removing their most valuable asset.
Nevertheless, Ooguro Ryuuya's performances already caused terror to the world. If Edward played it well, excluding Japan, the world would probably not against such motive, considering the terrifying powerful existence like Tatsuya could destroy them anytime. They might even applaud such 'good-intentioned' move of 'removing threat towards humanity.'

That, or public will pity Tatsuya even more and his ESCAPE project would be a moving project and a good show of sentiment - "no more magician living with no choice other than as a weapon" something like that
Old 2017-08-18, 16:00   Link #313
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Hey! Chapter two and ten arw available in Wikia!
Thanks so much!
Old 2017-08-24, 09:11   Link #314
black_cat1

GG Katsuto

Spoiler for Spoiler:
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 16:20   Link #315
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

I've been wanting katsuto to fight tatsuya for the longest time.
Old 2017-08-25, 23:08   Link #316
Jedsada

after I read Ayako x Miyuki part....

Spoiler for opinion:
Jedsada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 23:34   Link #317
Ultragunner

^ well yeah, while it's true that she's completely devoted to Tatsuya, she sometimes doesn't act in his favour. Instead, very often her conduct just unnecessarily becomes inconvenience to Tatsuya
Old 2017-08-25, 23:38   Link #318
BalorView

Mayumi is the true best girl
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 00:59   Link #319
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedsada View Post
after I read Ayako x Miyuki part....

Spoiler for opinion:
Unlike Tatsuya, Miyuki has emotions, and she will act on it if Tatsuya is in jeopardy.
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 03:28   Link #320
IceHism

Isn't it possible it's leaking out because of pledge? She's still suppressing tatsuya at that point isn't she.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote