Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-08-11, 12:25   Link #461
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
In my eyes, magic should be some kind of omnipotent all capable all adaptive type of power. Attribute-based magic is extremely Limited.
There is no mysticism in it.
Magic should emphasize Arcane and mystery. Illusion and bizarreness
that is you pov

my pov on magic is that it should follow the laws of thermodynamic and be consistent to the setting.
Old 2017-08-11, 17:22   Link #462
cabman11

But that's not magic. That's physics
Old 2017-08-11, 17:44   Link #463
sasuke706

It's magic. They take fuck-nothing and turn it into fuck-something, or manipulate a natural element via the mystery energy of said fuck-nothing. Magic.
That said, non-elemental magic is hard to balance and form systems for. With elemental magic it's easy, since bigger scale = more difficulty.
With abstract magic, like turning a frog into a horse, it starts to beg the question of how difficult should this magic be? and whatnot. Or why can't they do THIS then.

Also, it looks like it's going to end up being a total of 3 weeks of no story chapters.
Next chapter won't be for 8 more days and all.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2017-08-11 at 18:12.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-11, 22:08   Link #464
cabman11

Well I've been reading too much xiling Empire. in which they go into great details to distinguish Magic from science. The ultimate representation of magic and ultimate magic like science
Old 2017-08-19, 17:18   Link #465
sasuke706

Well, he didn't use a full slice of the pie, but Rodocorte seems to have sprinkled some demon lord crumbs on Edgar. That'll be fun.

Vandalieu also seems to be working his way to that 'all stat increase' skill that big shots like Schneider and Heinz have.
Hell, he's only missing an intellect increase one now or something? Still missing that resistance to all elements thing, but I suppose that kind of overlaps with the magic resistance one.
Aside from that, he could also use physical resistance, but if his strengthen hair/claw/fang skill turns into that strengthen entire-body thing like Godwin the devil king has, he probably won't need it either.

Seems like everyone still wants to screw over Vandalieu's ability to do anything outside of Talosheim territory.
Not that it wasn't expected. I suppose the local trade guild will be getting destroyed soon.

He also seems to have partially removed his curse.
Not entirely sure what that will do.
Old 2017-08-20, 12:18   Link #466
Salante

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Well, he didn't use a full slice of the pie, but Rodocorte seems to have sprinkled some demon lord crumbs on Edgar. That'll be fun.

Vandalieu also seems to be working his way to that 'all stat increase' skill that big shots like Schneider and Heinz have.
Hell, he's only missing an intellect increase one now or something? Still missing that resistance to all elements thing, but I suppose that kind of overlaps with the magic resistance one.
Aside from that, he could also use physical resistance, but if his strengthen hair/claw/fang skill turns into that strengthen entire-body thing like Godwin the devil king has, he probably won't need it either.

Seems like everyone still wants to screw over Vandalieu's ability to do anything outside of Talosheim territory.
Not that it wasn't expected. I suppose the local trade guild will be getting destroyed soon.

He also seems to have partially removed his curse.
Not entirely sure what that will do.
Ohh, all 3 parts of it or just one part of it?
Old 2017-08-20, 12:22   Link #467
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salante View Post
Ohh, all 3 parts of it or just one part of it?
Not specifically said but probably a bit of all 3.
He removed the big black lumps on his soul but did not remove the finer pieces since he did not want to risk too much by destroying his own soul .
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 05:35   Link #468
kari-no-sugata II

I only read the chapter briefly but my impression is that the curses are weakened but not removed. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 still turn up in his status, but they might have modifiers or something. So maybe he'll be able to get low-tier existing jobs, limited amounts of exp directly or something...

PS Sucking mother's blood. Totally not kinky...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 05:44   Link #469
Breimn

Reminder that he is also the reincarnation of Vida's lover so of course things would go that way sooner or later .
Old 2017-08-21, 11:57   Link #470
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Reminder that he is also the reincarnation of Vida's lover so of course things would go that way sooner or later .
Considering some of the things Van has done, mere incest might be cute by comparison... heh. I wonder if the Ghouls even have the concept of such a thing? I guess the Titans do... but anyway, if such a thing happened and became publicly known it might not even be that big a deal to the people around them.
Old 2017-08-21, 14:08   Link #471
sasuke706

^Ghouls sort of do, actually. Vigaro is aware Basdia is his daughter and was treating her that way even before Van made them be somewhat civilized in Talosheim.
Before then, ghouls didn't really keep track of whose child was whose (since every ghoul would have multiple partners over the span of a week), so there have very likely been a few unbeknownst incest cases.

^^Van actually isn't the reincarnation of her lover, since what she made love to was Zackart's mindless and soulless undead body; they were never in a relationship when alive, I believe.
So he sort of is, but in actuality isn't. Even better, right?

But yeah, like I said, Dalcia and Van's morals were skewed by human standards to begin with, on top of Dalcia having a thing for playboys and Van basically responding to anyone who has positive feelings for him.
So incest is a possible thing, even if they aren't even technically genetically related anymore.
Old 2017-08-21, 16:45   Link #472
kari-no-sugata II

I wonder if Darcia will end up managing Van's harem for him. I can easily see her volunteering and Van probably wouldn't go against her wishes...
Old 2017-08-21, 16:53   Link #473
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i am waiting for Van to get the DL's P*nis, wondering what kind of pwoer that gives him.
Old 2017-08-23, 16:11   Link #474
Breimn

More powerup for all subordinates. And Vandal can get God of Record s job amongst other new jobs
Old 2017-08-23, 16:15   Link #475
bludvein

The merchant couldn't have picked a worse candidate to make connections with Heinz, could he?

New job is kind of interesting, but it will probably have a rather low bonus to his personal power(whether stats or combat skills). Unless Mutagenesis can be applied to himself as well?
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-23, 16:45   Link #476
sasuke706

His new skill might be able to affect himself, but I doubt it; he just changed race recently and all, and to a "goddess" one at that. Really not much more room for change there, I imagine.
I suppose he could always stop being a dhampir. Sorry, I meant "dhampir".

And while Vandalieu would be his worst candidate for trying to force a connection with Heinz, he also happened to be his only one.
Since dhampirs are super rare, mostly due to the purebreeds going out of their way to kill dhampirs.

Dag and Lucciano also appear to have become a new type of human.
I imagine as a race it'll just be things like easier to get monster-related skills, dark vision, necromancy-type skills, longer lives, stronger mentalities, etc.
I imagine it'll have more changes than the abyss vampires did, anyway.
Old 2017-08-24, 22:34   Link #477
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Just read up to the latest translation. I'm quite dissatisfied by the way he take revenge to the alda priest. IMO it's better to destroy his soul like he did to sercent than turn him into undead.

Also I think the job system is quite pointless, all his job is based on what he already did, not a special one that have big impact on the story. (soul breaker and archenemy is interesting, but after he leveled up soul breaker into lv100 nothing special happened) I think even without job van will steadily learning new skills both currently existed and his original.
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 22:43   Link #478
sasuke706

Ah, the old priest. You'll probably enjoy what ends up of him.

The job system is a boost system that comes with weird passives sometimes.
Like a monk job would likely give an immediate level increase to the unarmed fighting skill. Then it would be easier to level up that skill for the duration of the job, as well as maybe give a special skill for 'increase attack power when unarmed: small'.
Plus, they sometimes grant weird skills upon selection. Like you mentioned, archenemy gives him a unique ability where he simply does more damage to things hostile to himself, whereas he likely wouldn't be able to get that normally.
Then you have weird passives that don't even end up being skills, like later on Van gets a job that makes it where 'corpses' become undead around him much easier and without his intention (like ingredients for food or animal hides start becoming undead, which is actually a problem, but is a trait of the job and not a skill on its own).

A good portion of the story is just Van relearning what he could do on Origin, though.
Like if you reread the beginning chapter, it foreshadows a LOT of Van's future abilities.
Although as of the latest chapter in the raws, he's long passed how strong he was on Origin.
Old 2017-08-25, 09:23   Link #479
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Let me quess, he become an undead that slaughter and specifically target alda believer for eternity?
Or his soul become the food of chimera bone ?

Btw at what chapter darcia get a body / revived ?

Also last time i asked you said he just turn 9 or 10 years old. Well, how old is he now at the latest raw? (ch254)
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 09:37   Link #480
Breimn

He just hit puberty. And is having nice skinship with his mother.

Tags
fantasy, harem, mature content, multiple factions, non-human protagonist, revenge, shota protagonist, shotacon, villain protagonist