Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-08-24, 10:51   Link #361
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
It seems that LN purists are being salty here. It is clear that the whole anime adaptation is just ad advertising for the LN. It never meant to cater those who are already reading the LN. Sure that DVD/BD sales may get plummeted or bombed for being "different" adaptation but as long as LN sold well, it is a victory for them. I really doubt that they care whether this anime will get second season or not.

As for Suzune stealing other character's role, this is just showed how interchangeable that those characters were. I am anime watcher and I don't even know or notice something is off when watching it until you guys brought it up in this thread. Plus, how do you know it was director's fault on this? Who knows, maybe it was the writer's decision as he wants to do something different at here?

Plus, giving Suzune more screentime make more sense considering that they don't or ever have enough episodes to develop other characters and she is supposed to be the female lead, so instead of doing everything half-assed, making her into a full-fledged heroine for anime adaptation is seem a better approach and it flows better. Ok, assuming that there will be a second season, they could just revisit the other characters and rearrange and add new scenes for those characters.
You have no idea about what are you talking, and still you choose to come here and make things up when you don't know why those changes are so important.

Everyone, even the japanese audience is angry at the changes made by the studio because they aren't meaningless, actually they relevant not only for a single character but for most of them. The author here has absolutely zero influence because as far as the information says he's not part of the production team and he's not helping them.

Another thing that you're pulling out of nowhere is Horikita's lead, tell me in what world she's the female lead? and no, this is not a better approach because they are completely changing the impact of other characters that in later volumes became relevant especially for the MC, like Karuizawa for example, so it is impossible to rearrange things after what Lerche did.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 11:09   Link #362
Mezter

Man, I stopped reading that when I saw the word "interchangeable". At least try to discuss after knowing the LN material if you came to this thread. Otherwise, Ditto for the post above.
Mezter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 11:14   Link #363
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
You have no idea about what are you talking, and still you choose to come here and make things up when you don't know why those changes are so important.

Everyone, even the japanese audience is angry at the changes made by the studio because they aren't meaningless, actually they relevant not only for a single character but for most of them. The author here has absolutely zero influence because as far as the information says he's not part of the production team and he's not helping them.

Another thing that you're pulling out of nowhere is Horikita's lead, tell me in what world she's the female lead? and no, this is not a better approach because they are completely changing the impact of other characters that in later volumes became relevant especially for the MC, like Karuizawa for example, so it is impossible to rearrange things after what Lerche did.
That would be assuming that there will be a 2nd season or more. If there is no 2nd season, having Suzune as female lead as a closure for anime ending is certainly better approach than leaving countless unsolved development seeds around and hanging.

To me, you guys are just setting yourself a huge disappointment because you guys are refuse to treat the anime adaptation as a glorify LN advertising and have ridiculous expectation on the LN anime adaptation in the first place.

You said Japanese audiences are angry too. That is pity but you forgot that the whole purpose of anime adaptation is to get those who doesn't read the LN exposed to the existence of this series so that these new customers will buy the LN. These peoples are their target audience.

Seriously, do you guys complains at every LN anime adaptation or what? At this point, I thought people would have know better when it comes to LN adaptation.

I will be frank here..I don't know about the existence of this LN until I stumbled the anime adaptation. If I am the Japanese that living in Japan, I would have be their new customer now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Man, I stopped reading that when I saw the word "interchangeable". At least try to discuss after knowing the LN material if you came to this thread. Otherwise, Ditto for the post above.
It is never about discussion. I am simply telling that LN purists take the whole anime adaptation too serious.

Last edited by Sixth; 2017-08-24 at 11:25.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 11:16   Link #364
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Well victory for the light novel's author and his sponsoring company, but not for the company that responsible for the adaptation of light novel. Beside there will be people who will come to light novel because of anime, if they find anime is "trash" i think they will abandon LN =.=!. But well i don't care much about how they will adapt, if i find it fun i will still watch. And i understand the feeling of LN reader, stealing all the other girl role is a bit overboard because it make them unimportant and why bother introduce them anyway, put them in an half-ass support role and all of the credit goes to Suzune, and changing the MC into some kind of machine who just act in a way.......... never mind. One more thing is you targeting new audience doesn't mean you can change anything you like =.=!

Aside from all of that i recently put my mind into "analyzing" Ichinose who most of the fan referring as the best girl whatsoever(i like her as well ). And i conclude that she honestly is a kind and naive, helpful character; but because of that kind and naive she has done something wrong in the past. We can see that she is a type of character that attract other people affection, but she not good at dealing with other people affection for her so well she clearly can make any mistake the there kind of situation, and she has broken the heart of someone who like her in the past, and worse than ever is that person "commit" suicide. Well just my thought
vietthai96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 11:18   Link #365
Mezter

To be honest, I thought Lerche was going to make something beyond just LN advertisement, surpassing my expectations. But you are right, this is merely an advertisement. Or even worse, since not even faithful to the LN so the possible new readers will be confused as hell when they continue after the end of the anime.
Old 2017-08-24, 11:22   Link #366
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
To be honest, I thought Lerche was going to make something beyond just LN advertisement, surpassing my expectations. But you are right, this is merely an advertisement. Or even worse, since not even faithful to the LN so the possible new readers will be confused as hell when they continue after the end of the anime.
Considering the anime is "good" enough to get people to continue watching it, I don't think that they are doing a bad job of it. I would rather said that they went for different direction.

I really doubt that the readers will confuse if they start reading from volume 1 (i mean if you want to buy the LN book, you would buy from volume 1 right?) instead of continue to read on where the anime ended unless you are internet reader.
Old 2017-08-24, 11:27   Link #367
SilverGlavenus

Okay I think we should stop with the debate over the adaptation, guys. Let's sit back and enjoy the wonderful art of Tomose-sensei.

Till now, there's no confirmation of officials couples, so there's that.

Anime adaptations not being faithful to source LN happens all the time. We have both medias, so u can either stick to the LN or watch the anime for a change.

@vietthai96: your thought reminds me of Sachi Komine from
Grisaia
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 11:33   Link #368
Moogster

It's like you guys are saying it's ok for an adaptation to change everything just because.

Now if they the LN did sell and when the readers see the changes, who do you think will be upset? Of course those that bought the LN. Now they are confused why this stuff is happening. They bought the LN thinking that what they see in the anime is what they get.

It's a loss-loss-loss situation. Loss for the new LN reader because they didn't get what they expected, loss for the old LN reader who is watching because what they expected to be animated is not there, loss for the studio because of the bad word of mouth going on and now they can't sell more than expected. Lerche is actually being lambasted right now. It's like another Kuma Miko debacle.

If you are going to advertise something, do it right. At least go for a win-win-loss situation and not a win-loss-loss. That's counter-productive.
Moogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 11:43   Link #369
Cinnamon

Quote:
That would be assuming that there will be a 2nd season or more. If there is no 2nd season, having Suzune as female lead as a closure for anime ending is certainly better approach than leaving countless unsolved development seeds around and hanging.
And you know what, that's great! Except if the time comes that the LN gets so popular that people want a second season and the studio either has to remake the whole anime or make up some bizarre reasons to why the other characters suddenly has become so important characters like they should have been from the start.

Don't people find Ichinose suddenly asking Ayanokouji to pretend to be her boyfriend strange? Because development for her cut for Horikita's instead.

Or that Horikita don't react a bit more when told that those she tried so hard to avoid expulsion from last episode, suddenly are trying to break some rules? She who is aiming for Class A and tries to avoid troubling her brother.

He also never tells anyone of his schemes before it's over, yes that includes Horikita.

Or how her brother seems so violent? Why did the studio make him so easy to hate, when he is very nice in the novel, even overlooking Ayanokouji, Katsuragi and Sudou bending the rules etc. Why does he always try to hit Ayanokouji ._.

They develop him like he has a problem in the anime, whereas in the LN, we clearly know that Horikita is the one with problems. Just to make the conflict between her and her brother of course.

What made Horikita change in the LN to trust others? The feeling of being helpless and realising that she had no power alone. Which I sure can't say about her anime counterpart. So if they animate her change in a further season, what change would that be?

Just some ways they bended the anime to fit a certain narrative that excludes development of other key characters which are more prominent in volumes after 1-2. Which is why I'm not angry, just disappointed that a LN series I like that reads like Liar Games, feels a visual novel route, where the MC only interacts with one female, to watch.
Old 2017-08-24, 11:52   Link #370
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
It seems that LN purists are being salty here. It is clear that the whole anime adaptation is just ad advertising for the LN. It never meant to cater those who are already reading the LN. Sure that DVD/BD sales may get plummeted or bombed for being "different" adaptation but as long as LN sold well, it is a victory for them. I really doubt that they care whether this anime will get second season or not.
The studio doing it would be the one suffering the most. The fans would spread words that this studio changed the storyline. Whether the author authorized the change or not is irrelevant since rumors would have spread that this studio changed a lot of stuff. Other authors would reconsider going to them if they want to get their stuff adapted, leading to a downward spiral for said studio.

So the studio itself should care about the DVD/BD sale since they're the one getting money from that. Plus, it isn't as if this is the end all be all series they're going to make. So they have to consider their future too.

Quote:
As for Suzune stealing other character's role, this is just showed how interchangeable that those characters were. I am anime watcher and I don't even know or notice something is off when watching it until you guys brought it up in this thread. Plus, how do you know it was director's fault on this? Who knows, maybe it was the writer's decision as he wants to do something different at here?
-> Interchangeable

Hardy har har.

Horikita: Class D, anti social, want to get to class A, afraid of her brother, generally consider other people idiots.

Ichinose: Class B, class rep, loved by pretty much everyone in her class, nice girl, genuinely cares about other.

I don't see any interchangeable part here. Do you?

Sides, if both the rep from Class B and a guy from Class D claims that there is a camera there, it would be a whole lot more believable then just 2 persons from Class D. I mean, wasn't that a big part of why they were worried about finding the witness since she's from Class D?

That scene just basically contradicted the earlier part.

Quote:
Plus, giving Suzune more screentime make more sense considering that they don't or ever have enough episodes to develop other characters and she is supposed to be the female lead, so instead of doing everything half-assed, making her into a full-fledged heroine for anime adaptation is seem a better approach and it flows better. Ok, assuming that there will be a second season, they could just revisit the other characters and rearrange and add new scenes for those characters.
Or they could keep the story as it is and continue to both develop Horikita and the other, giving the viewers a tantalizing hints at what the others are like and how they interact with MC, leading to a demand for a second cour where those characters get their scenes while Horikita still get her own spotlight.

Also, we know that Kushida is a bitch, but in the early LN there are surprisingly quite a lot of time where Ayanokouji spend times with her. I mean, the "buying previous year results" to get the class to mid level was both Ayanokouji and Kushida doing the work.

Quote:
Considering the anime is "good" enough to get people to continue watching it, I don't think that they are doing a bad job of it. I would rather said that they went for different direction.

I really doubt that the readers will confuse if they start reading from volume 1 (i mean if you want to buy the LN book, you would buy from volume 1 right?) instead of continue to read on where the anime ended unless you are internet reader.
The one actually reading the LN continue to watch it because the chances of getting another adaptaion in this harem fest/isekai age is next to zero.

Also, there ARE cases where people would think "the anime ended but I want to know what happen next. Which book do I read?". At which point the one reading the LN have to recommend to read them again because a lot was changed.
Old 2017-08-24, 12:09   Link #371
SilverGlavenus

This thread has just turned into the ultimate civil war
Old 2017-08-24, 12:17   Link #372
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
And you know what, that's great! Except if the time comes that the LN gets so popular that people want a second season and the studio either has to remake the whole anime or make up some bizarre reasons to why the other characters suddenly has become so important characters like they should have been from the start.
Just add new scene or rearrange or rewrite the scene. The power of the creativity. Many LN anime adaptation that get S2 did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogster View Post
It's like you guys are saying it's ok for an adaptation to change everything just because.

Now if they the LN did sell and when the readers see the changes, who do you think will be upset? Of course those that bought the LN. Now they are confused why this stuff is happening. They bought the LN thinking that what they see in the anime is what they get.

It's a loss-loss-loss situation. Loss for the new LN reader because they didn't get what they expected, loss for the old LN reader who is watching because what they expected to be animated is not there, loss for the studio because of the bad word of mouth going on and now they can't sell more than expected. Lerche is actually being lambasted right now. It's like another Kuma Miko debacle.
How is this a loss-loss situation? New reader that got introduced by anime will found themselves a better and superior deal in story-telling department from the LN itself, and veteran LN readers will continue sticking to the LN as long as LN is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
The studio doing it would be the one suffering the most. The fans would spread words that this studio changed the storyline. Whether the author authorized the change or not is irrelevant since rumors would have spread that this studio changed a lot of stuff. Other authors would reconsider going to them if they want to get their stuff adapted, leading to a downward spiral for said studio.

So the studio itself should care about the DVD/BD sale since they're the one getting money from that. Plus, it isn't as if this is the end all be all series they're going to make. So they have to consider their future too.
And I still failed to see how does it affected LN readers? Also, this LN anime adaptation is not THAT bad as you made of or else my friends and I would have drop it. It is still entertaining to watch...well, in anime watcher's perspective.

Quote:
-> Interchangeable
Because in the end, it serves the purpose of getting Class C to retracted the complaint letter and showing the readers the power of Ayanokoji. As I said before, the anime watchers won't able to notice or identify the replacement of the characters until they read the LN itself. That scene flows so well.

Quote:
Also, there ARE cases where people would think "the anime ended but I want to know what happen next. Which book do I read?". At which point the one reading the LN have to recommend to read them again because a lot was changed.
You could just tell them to read from the start so they can appreciate the story better. That is what I always done when I am want to know what happen next. I read from the beginning because I always knew that even a good anime adaptation will not adapt everything 100% and they often change and rearrange a lot of stuffs to the point you would be better read the whole thing from start.
Old 2017-08-24, 12:24   Link #373
Grey Hat

Just read the novel and watch the anime that's what i'm doing right now

well uhmmm does anyone knows when the vol 7 release?
Grey Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 12:25   Link #374
Mezter

Do you know why the opinions differ so much? Because on one hand, we have the LN readers, and on the other hand, we have anime-only watchers. I dislike the anime coz I am a LN reader and I can almost guarantee that you will dislike the anime if you ever read it. I treat anime as a parallel world where there are same characters but act differently.
Old 2017-08-24, 12:26   Link #375
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:

And I still failed to see how does it affected LN readers? Also, this LN anime adaptation is not THAT bad as you made of or else my friends and I would have drop it. It is still entertaining to watch...well, in anime watcher's perspective.
So which "Them" are you refererring here?

Quote:
Cause if it's the studio? They're losing

Quote:
Because in the end, it serves the purpose of getting Class C to retracted the complaint letter and showing the readers the power of Ayanokoji. As I said before, the anime watchers won't able to notice or identify the replacement of the characters until they read the LN itself. That scene flows so well.
Ah, so what you're saying is that as long as the scene flows well it could contradict itself?

I mean, Sakura presented her phone in front of the board situation, and somebody still called it fake. Here? 2 people, from class D, presenting something rather fishy, and yet they bought it without calling it out ONCE?

Quote:
You could just tell them to read from the start so they can appreciate the story better. That is what I always done when I am want to know what happen next. I read from the beginning because I always knew that even a good anime adaptation will not adapt everything 100% and they often change and rearrange a lot of stuffs to the point you would be better read the whole thing from start.
Old 2017-08-24, 12:31   Link #376
Cinnamon

I think we have strayed from discussing this series only to novel adaptions in general where there are people in both camps, each with their own beliefs. Just the typical discussion you can find on every boards really with the same arguments
Old 2017-08-24, 12:37   Link #377
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
I think we have strayed from discussing this series only to novel adaptions in general where there are people in both camps, each with their own beliefs. Just the typical discussion you can find on every boards really with the same arguments
Relax Cinnamon this will continue for .. errm .. 5 more weeks maybe ??
Old 2017-08-24, 12:45   Link #378
Cinnamon

I am more interested in how they will adapt volume 3 now. Can't see any pitfalls there as Horikita is the main lead there. Maybe they will change it so that
Spoiler for Ayanokouji's scheme regarding Horikita in Volume 3:
to make her stand out more.

EDIT: I also predict that all the Sakura scenes will be swapped.

Last edited by Cinnamon; 2017-08-24 at 12:58.
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 13:52   Link #379
nyuumimi

Can someone clarify some stuff for me about the girls? I really am curious and hopefully there are samples that can be provided about this.

Spoiler for About Kushida:

Spoiler for About Sakura:

Spoiler for About Ichinose:

Spoiler for About Horikita:

Spoiler for About Kuruizawa :

Sorry for a lot of questions. I'm just curious because I'm pretty sure the next LNs won't be animated anymore, especially on how the studio handled the adaptation.
nyuumimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 14:40   Link #380
IceHism

Quote:
So which "Them" are you refererring here?

Cause if it's the studio? They're losing
But why wouldn't you want the studio to lose. Corporations are not people. It's not on us to make sure that the people managing them are smart or anything. It would probably be better to have them be eaten up by better studios if this is the shit that they're willing to put out (in regards to how bad episode 7 is even without knowing what happened in the ln when i watched it). If the publisher wants a 2nd season that's more faithful, they'll change the staff Just like how mahouka changed the director for their movie. It'll probably be difficult to rearrange the content to make it make sense but it's not an impossible task.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller