AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-08-23, 15:11   Link #12261
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's possible that the Device appears later. All we know is that it's a manifestation of the Blazer's soul. It's possible that the Device appears when the Blazer develops his/her ego. They probably manifest it on their own then. Or it could be when they train to use their power.
Old 2017-08-23, 15:41   Link #12262
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
It's possible that the Device appears later. All we know is that it's a manifestation of the Blazer's soul. It's possible that the Device appears when the Blazer develops his/her ego. They probably manifest it on their own then. Or it could be when they train to use their power.
I always conjured the concept that a Blazer's manifestation is Dimensional and Paranormal/Non-Physical Phenomena taking solid shape from a person inner core given form with the help of their wish and desires...I mean when you think about it? A Blazers power comes from their core/heart/soul and it all seems to imply that they can summon it from their inner pocket-dimension right? It's like a Yearn or a Want in a way! I desire to manifest it in this "Form" because "I am that form in itself" Ikki's sword is a representation of himself, Shizuku's small Yui Shigure is small which represents her small stature and Ouma's sword Kusanagi is clean, yet very sharp like the wind...it's all about characteristics at the end of the say...

I've almost figured it out and what I've learned is that a Blazers power is something likened to that of Dimensional Summoning+Paranormal/Non-Physical Phenomena+Science too...it has to do with the Aether...I could be wrong though...please feel free to correct me, by all means do so.

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
- Nikola Tesla.

Last edited by HOLLOW08; 2017-08-23 at 15:46. Reason: There's no such thing as Fiction, just Non-Fiction written in the wrong Parallel Universe/Alternate Reality
HOLLOW08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-23, 17:07   Link #12263
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You could be right since Blazer do bring their Devices out of something like a pocket dimension, though there are exceptions to this (e.g., Kaga's Device, which is a fundoshi and which he probably has on all the time under his clothes). But as per the explanation given in the series, a Device is a manifestation of a Blazer's soul. Similar to, but not necessarily the same as, a Zanpakutou in Bleach.
Old 2017-08-24, 14:29   Link #12264
GhostWolf

Wanted to ask you guys what do you think about edelweiss swordsmanship? She comments that ikki got close to her level in the latest volume but reading the v7 translations makes me question that statement.. Yea ikki got stronger, faster, etc,but she used some awesome stuff. Like that "range" attack that used the ground to transfer the vibrations, her blade left vacuum behind that could cut, etc.. Do you think we can expect to see similar stuff from ikki soon?
GhostWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 14:47   Link #12265
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Quote:
You could be right since Blazer do bring their Devices out of something like a pocket dimension, though there are exceptions to this (e.g., Kaga's Device, which is a fundoshi and which he probably has on all the time under his clothes). But as per the explanation given in the series, a Device is a manifestation of a Blazer's soul. Similar to, but not necessarily the same as, a Zanpakutou in Bleach.
I'm just going to say this to you, so please try and figure what I'm trying to say alright...As Above, so Below...As Within, so Without...Inside is Out and Outside is In...a Blazer's qualities come in these 2 quantities.
Old 2017-08-24, 15:01   Link #12266
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Not all Blazers. That's all I'm going to say.

@GhostWolf: All Edelweiss was that their swordsmanship has reached transcendent levels. She didn't say that his was on the same level as hers. She also said that even though he copied her swordsmanship, it wouldn't be a good idea for him to learn from her because he's already made her style into his own by adding his own flare into it (so to speak). He made it his own. And she also said that because his swordsmanship is also already at a transcendental level like hers, if he trained it now, the rate of improvement wouldn't be much.

Now, it's also possible that the level Ikki's swordsmanship is at in Volume 7 is different from where it's at when Edelweiss said that. But his swordsmanship isn't the same as hers, only similar, and there's also the fact that while she uses a two-sword style, he uses a one-sword style. The amount of power and the number of muscles used, as well as the way they're used, is different. And it's possible that Ikki can also cause those shockwaves if he tried. He probably couldn't back then. I'm not sure if he can now, though.
Old 2017-08-25, 00:05   Link #12267
Alterdream
Dreamer

@GhostWolf: Ikki probably can't do everything that Edelweiss can, but I would say that Ikki has his own unique techniques, like Madoka, Shinkirou and Oikage which Edelweiss doesn't have. As stated by DragonOsman, they have different kind of styles, which result in different techniques.

I would though say that Edelweiss is more skilled than Ikki, at least currently, due to being more experienced. Ikki though is still growing, so it's possible he will be able to do similar things as Edelweiss in the future.
Alterdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 07:09   Link #12268
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You're probably right. If Ikki can't do the things Edelweiss can, he'll probably be able to in the future since he's still growing. But I feel that there's just as much of a chance that he won't be able to.
Old 2017-08-25, 07:34   Link #12269
Alterdream
Dreamer

@DragonOsman: Agreed. We are just gonna have to wait.
Old 2017-08-25, 12:08   Link #12270
AP24

The last scene of Vol 9's first chapter was really pointless fanservice. I mean was it really necessary for Stella to get completely naked and then stare at her body in the mirror just to see she's in good condition?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 14:31   Link #12271
KasumiZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
The last scene of Vol 9's first chapter was really pointless fanservice. I mean was it really necessary for Stella to get completely naked and then stare at her body in the mirror just to see she's in good condition?
What wrong with that
KasumiZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 14:41   Link #12272
DragonOsman
Dragon King

No, I'm with AP24 on this one. If she really had to do it, they shouldn't have had to make an illustration of it. Just mention it in passing and don't make an illustration of the scene. The very fact that there's an illustration of Stella naked in front of a mirror just screams fanservice. So yeah, it's pointless fanservice.
Old 2017-08-25, 14:50   Link #12273
Alterdream
Dreamer

There would have also probably been better things to illustrate in a colored illustration, than just random fanservice, which there is already plenty of.
Old 2017-08-25, 14:56   Link #12274
Fortebraccio

Yo guys, I only saw the anime, and wondered if in the novel the protagonists are still together, or if someone tries us with stella, does anyone answer me?
Fortebraccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 15:02   Link #12275
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's fine, don't worry. There's no one successfully stealing Stella away from Ikki. Heck, as far as I know, no one's tried, either.

And I really think you should read the LN. From the beginning. It's the source material, and you shouldn't miss out.

@Alterdream: Yep.
Old 2017-08-25, 15:02   Link #12276
RDNexus

Always together and never better
RDNexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 15:03   Link #12277
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Posted at the same time. Nice.

And yeah, I definitely agree with you.
Old 2017-08-25, 16:05   Link #12278
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Quote:
It's fine, don't worry. There's no one successfully stealing Stella away from Ikki. Heck, as far as I know, no one's tried, either.

And I really think you should read the LN. From the beginning. It's the source material, and you shouldn't miss out.

@Alterdream: Yep.
Has anyone here noticed how very similar Ikki and Stella's relationship is to Usui's and Misaki's from Kaichou wa Maid Sama?
Old 2017-08-25, 17:10   Link #12279
Fortebraccio

Mischievous, I'm happy they are still together, would bother me to see someone try Stella ahah.
I love kaichou wa maid sama, but the relationship seems to me very different between maid sama and rakudai, usui is more charismatic and safe than with women ahah
Fortebraccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 17:26   Link #12280
DragonOsman
Dragon King

They're together and have their first time doing you know what in Volume 9. Please start reading the series from Volume 1 onwards. You won't be disappointed (except with the world-building as of now - hopefully that'll be fixed soon, though).

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural