AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Isolation (Volume 23) Rating
Perfect 10 14 56.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 16.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-08-26, 06:49   Link #321
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Unlike Tatsuya, Miyuki has emotions, and she will act on it if Tatsuya is in jeopardy.
That's not exactly a positive trait. She's a danger to anyone around her if she lets her emotions control her actions.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 07:15   Link #322
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
That's not exactly a positive trait. She's a danger to anyone around her if she lets her emotions control her actions.
And that's why Tatsuya is with her. Tatsuya and Miyuki balances each other out in a way. Tatsuya is Miyuki's brain while Miyuki is Tatsuya's emotional anchor.
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 08:30   Link #323
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Hey now. It's the trait of the next Yotsuba Head, people. Even Maya does that. Lol. Look at the poor tea cup. ��

Jokes aside though, now that we know Miyuki will uplift the Pledge with Tatsuya, perhaps we could finally see a Maya Miyuki. As in Miyuki in her Student Council Persona (when there is no Tatsuya). No more excuses for runaway magic yay.

Regarding the claim of no character development in Miyuki, I disagree. Our girl is maturing! Look at her fine control on jealousy lol At least now her magic is not running out of hand due to vinegar-drinking again...

I'm just going to wait and see if Miyuki could finally have some badass independant scene now that Tatsuya would not be near her always, anymore.

Though to be honest, even though I rather like Miyuki, I am very unsatisfied with Satou's way of potraying her prowess and even more with the character design. I could draw a better and prettier and unique and eye-catching Miyuki than that dare I say...And Miyuki has soooo many wasted potential...How old is Satou anyway? Is Miyuki his ideal girl? Haha. I can see why though.
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 09:03   Link #324
-Mahesvara_

Kana Ishida is in charge of art and character designs, so take it up with her lol.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 12:44   Link #325
mashingan
魔神眼

What I can't understand most is, why Mayumi insisted Tatsuya should participate in project because otherwise, he wouldn't have any place anymore in Japan, regardless whether he participated or not?
What was her basis insisting for that?

The most contrasting about Miyuki and Mayumi is, the devotion toward Tatsuya.
For me, Miyuki's angry when Ayako informed to her was emotionally natural. No matter what logic behind Yotsuba's reason for not defending Tatsuya, when she's angry, she should do so.
Of course being emotionally alone won't productive enough so she came to resolution to remove the pledge spell once for all.

Also, during the talk before negotiation breakdown, Miyuki was dare to challenge Saegusa and Juumonji to fight with name of Yotsuba. Hearing that Mayumi couldn't say anymore.

I like Mayumi too, of course. But her insistence at the end of volume doesn't sit well with me. Tatsuya explained to her his opinion, even after hearing that Mayumi didn't try to understand him and just pushed him to participate, whether voluntarily or reluctantly.

While no conclusive about Mayumi's position against Tatsuya, I infer Mayumi would be in position of Tatsuya's opposition.
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 13:03   Link #326
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
What I can't understand most is, why Mayumi insisted Tatsuya should participate in project because otherwise, he wouldn't have any place anymore in Japan, regardless whether he participated or not?
What was her basis insisting for that?

The most contrasting about Miyuki and Mayumi is, the devotion toward Tatsuya.
For me, Miyuki's angry when Ayako informed to her was emotionally natural. No matter what logic behind Yotsuba's reason for not defending Tatsuya, when she's angry, she should do so.
Of course being emotionally alone won't productive enough so she came to resolution to remove the pledge spell once for all.

Also, during the talk before negotiation breakdown, Miyuki was dare to challenge Saegusa and Juumonji to fight with name of Yotsuba. Hearing that Mayumi couldn't say anymore.

I like Mayumi too, of course. But her insistence at the end of volume doesn't sit well with me. Tatsuya explained to her his opinion, even after hearing that Mayumi didn't try to understand him and just pushed him to participate, whether voluntarily or reluctantly.

While no conclusive about Mayumi's position against Tatsuya, I infer Mayumi would be in position of Tatsuya's opposition.
Mayumi's stance here is due to ignorance of certain facts like Tatsuya's identity as a strategic class magician and that Project Dione is just a plot to get rid of him. She also knows recent events have put him at odds with the 10MC and this Dione incident is only gonna put him against the entire world, magician or not. As far as she's concerned, going to the USNA is the lesser of two evils for Tatsuya.

The difference actions of the MAyumi and Miyuki are understandable. Mayumi just likes Tatsuya. Her affection can't compare to Miyuki's devotion considering Miyuki is Tatsuya's sister, fiancee, and basically created to serve him. Mayumi has to think about her own family and the magical community as a whole.
Old 2017-08-26, 14:39   Link #327
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Exactly why people shouldn't try to not understand why Miyuki is the way she is just because they don't like her then. Satou wrote things in Mknr reasonably. Miyuki, unlike Mayumi, knows all the classified things about Tatsuya. She knows the serious and grievous matter behind Tatsuya's existence so her reaction are always grave and affected by the emotions caused by said knowledges. And there should be at least a person to be by his side completely and unconditionally right? That's Miyuki. And only Miyuki.

Different from Mayumi, who is free from such information, free from Tatsuya's existence, and as such, could react carefree-ly with Tatsuya. This is what caused such differences between both girls' type of charms hehe.

Imagine Mayumi and Miyuki replace each others...Now, if someone could fricking make a fanfiction about Miyuki being a Saegusa and Mayumi being Tatsuya's sister...*side-eyeing F of Sh*
I wonder how Mayumi would react in the future when she knows all about Tatsuya~

My apologies to Ishida Kana. But that is my/our honest thought. Hehehe
Old 2017-08-26, 21:30   Link #328
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumme View Post
Imagine Mayumi and Miyuki replace each others...Now, if someone could fricking make a fanfiction about Miyuki being a Saegusa and Mayumi being Tatsuya's sister...*side-eyeing F of Sh*
I'll consider taking this challenge.
Old 2017-08-26, 22:27   Link #329
Hokoga

^ What for?
Even with that setting you'll still some how find a way to make it all about Tatsuya x Miyuki.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 01:26   Link #330
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
^ What for?
Even with that setting you'll still some how find a way to make it all about Tatsuya x Miyuki.
That's true, but I kinda want to see how I would portray two parents that does not want their respective children involve with each other.
Old 2017-08-27, 02:32   Link #331
MrStealKun

If I'm asking a question that has already been answered I apologize beforehand
Spoiler for Questions:

Thanks.
MrStealKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 05:22   Link #332
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStealKun View Post
If I'm asking a question that has already been answered I apologize beforehand
Spoiler for Questions:

Thanks.
1. Masaki hasn't given up yet.

2/ Nothing significant happened. Minami was present in the date.

3. Miyuki was mad and offended.
Old 2017-08-27, 07:56   Link #333
MrStealKun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
1. Masaki hasn't given up yet.

2/ Nothing significant happened. Minami was present in the date.

3. Miyuki was mad and offended.
And has events like the dance and the date ever occurred again between the two? I am not really a fan of this pair.
MrStealKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 09:36   Link #334
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStealKun View Post
And has events like the dance and the date ever occurred again between the two? I am not really a fan of this pair.
If its not Tatsuya and Miyuki, I don't pay that much attention.
Old 2017-08-27, 15:55   Link #335
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Mayumi's stance here is due to ignorance of certain facts like Tatsuya's identity as a strategic class magician and that Project Dione is just a plot to get rid of him. She also knows recent events have put him at odds with the 10MC and this Dione incident is only gonna put him against the entire world, magician or not. As far as she's concerned, going to the USNA is the lesser of two evils for Tatsuya.
Ah, yes, now you mentioned it, it's true. What I don't like is Mayumi thought pattern of obediently responding to the events instead of turning those around.
Like the social contribution or precisely "idol" issue, she could volunteer herself instead of Miyuki in order to make other families realize how bad it is.
Or if she couldn't object more about Tatsuya participation in the project, she could give an opinion to make the research hq constructed in Japan instead of USNA, so Tatsuya didn't have to go outside of Japan.

She could actively promote that Active Air Mine which separatist used was a perfected version instead of Tatsuya's version, so the blame was to the user, not the developer.

There are many ways she could think on how to become Tatsuya's ally, but she didn't choose that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
The difference actions of the MAyumi and Miyuki are understandable. Mayumi just likes Tatsuya. Her affection can't compare to Miyuki's devotion considering Miyuki is Tatsuya's sister, fiancee, and basically created to serve him. Mayumi has to think about her own family and the magical community as a whole.
This is definitely true. It's their characterizations after all.

With recent development, she wasn't in true Tatsuya's circle of friends.
As far I can tell, she was just Tatsuya's colleague and acquaintance.
Especially when Tatsuya really need allies.
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 20:42   Link #336
AP24

I laughed at this part, I also thought they might do it.

Spoiler for Pledge removal explanation:

Tatsuya said the physical way would just disturb Miyuki and get in the way of the ceremony, so does this mean that they could have done it in the physical way?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 21:39   Link #337
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I laughed at this part, I also thought they might do it.

Spoiler for Pledge removal explanation:

Tatsuya said the physical way would just disturb Miyuki and get in the way of the ceremony, so does this mean that they could have done it in the physical way?
when they drink the water three times using the cups, it reminds me of Chinese Wedding Ritual. So yeah, even though I understand it is unlikely, but my first thought when I read Tatsuya's words and Miyuki's reactions is the same as yours (First night) lmao. What a pity its not progressing in that way!

As for your question, me thinks if it wasnt because it would disturb Miyuki, it could be another option to fulfill the condition of 'deep level' connection for the ceremony kkkkkkkkk
Old 2017-08-27, 23:55   Link #338
nilocolin

I've always felt that out of all the girls that are romantically interested in Tatsuya (Miyuki, Lina, Honoka etc.) Mayumi is the one that understands him the least--or rather her effort in this regard has always felt lacking to me. Mayumi, from time to time, can be insensitive to Tatsuya's problems when a necessary form of consideration and empathy is needed. She cares but it's never enough for her to cross the line that encases her comfort zone. So that's why Tatsuya is always her Kouhai. Never a friend, and rarely an acquaintance but her Junior from First High. So it not all that surprising that her position in this instance is disconnected from Miyuki's, Honoka's, and the rest of Tatsuya's friends. Because she's really not that close to Tatsuya in that sense to empathize. I also don't understand why there's an insistence that this is solely because Tatsuya doesn't tell her his private matters. It's not. Mayumi is passive with Tatsuya when it matters; she keeps her questions to herself that's why she doesn't know Tatsuya or understand him like Tatsuya's friends let alone Miyuki does. Then there's also the opinion that Tatsuya doesn't trust her enough to do so--as he mostly sees her as a young Heiress of the Saegusa clan; Yotsuba's primary rival. It's a effort thing she lacks that set her apart from the rest of the heroines that's why her positions in relation to Tatsuya can be indifferent AND always, always, morally righteous with a lack of consideration for Tatsuya's own predicament and/or feelings.
nilocolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 10:18   Link #339
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

About Mayumi, i think even though she has made progress she still hasn't sort it out how she feels about Tatsuya (on this point i think lina is above her even though the contact is much shorter), so i think in a sense Mayumi sometimes runs away from him because her feelings are all in a mess.
Old 2017-08-28, 13:16   Link #340
DanielSong39

I get the sense that Tatsuya is closer to Erika and Honoka than he is to Mayumi.

Obviously none of them will hit jackpot but the first two have a decent chance of joining his inner circle. Mayumi's chances are much smaller.

As far as I can tell this is Tatsuya's group:

Miyuki (well, duh)
Erika
Leo
Mikihiko
Mizuki
Honoka
Shizuku
Minami

Mayumi might be able to crack the Lina/Yakumo/Haruka zone, but it seems like she took a step backward.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote