AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-23, 21:38   Link #261
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Best part of the episode was when Yoshino wanted to pillowtalk with Sanae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

Maki probably sees something of herself in Erika. I was impressed with how well Maki knew when to let Erika blow off steam. I don't think we ever heard the end of Maki's story either.
who else wanted to hear the rest of Maki's story?!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 12:32   Link #262
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Best part of the episode was when Yoshino wanted to pillowtalk with Sanae.

who else wanted to hear the rest of Maki's story?!
I definitely wanted to hear the punchline of Maki's story, but I'm not sure there is one. It sounded like something she made up on the spot just so she could get Erika to come back.
Old 2017-08-28, 09:07   Link #263
nicky.
animesuki

Sakura Quest getting so good. Only 3 episodes left though and it feels like Yoshi's barely been there. I hope it's not a disappointing ending, because when a show feels like this, the end always stinks.
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 09:50   Link #264
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I definitely wanted to hear the punchline of Maki's story, but I'm not sure there is one. It sounded like something she made up on the spot just so she could get Erika to come back.
My guess is that we're getting the rest of the story next episode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 14:04   Link #265
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky. View Post
Sakura Quest getting so good. Only 3 episodes left though and it feels like Yoshi's barely been there. I hope it's not a disappointing ending, because when a show feels like this, the end always stinks.
I'm hoping the ending doesn't flop. I feel like it can go in so many ways.
Old 2017-08-28, 18:21   Link #266
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The latest episode certainly raised an interesting question: do the people of Manoyama even want to see their town revitalized? Yoshino and friends have been working under that assumption, but they never really bothered to ask the residents what they want. However, I think it would send a bad message if they eventually gave up and let the town waste away after all their efforts, so it's more likely they'll successfully revive the festival and manage to convince everybody a town bursting with life is better for everyone and that it's important to pass down traditions.
Old 2017-08-28, 20:53   Link #267
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
The latest episode certainly raised an interesting question: do the people of Manoyama even want to see their town revitalized? Yoshino and friends have been working under that assumption, but they never really bothered to ask the residents what they want. However, I think it would send a bad message if they eventually gave up and let the town waste away after all their efforts, so it's more likely they'll successfully revive the festival and manage to convince everybody a town bursting with life is better for everyone and that it's important to pass down traditions.
that's been the one main underlying issue that the show has been teetering on. I feel like if the residents really had a problem with the changes, they would voice their opinions on it, or the board members would possibly have some insight just from word of mouth. Aside from the Board of Merchants, I don't think anyone or any body really opposed the Queen's attempts of revitalizing the tourism industry.
Old 2017-08-29, 15:13   Link #268
nicky.
animesuki

Being that no successful revival appears to be within reach after 21 episodes, the resolution may very well be just the people of the town finally 'coming together'. How would you guys feel about/react to an ending like that?
Old 2017-08-30, 13:40   Link #269
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Those hoping for the plot to advance will probably be disappointed this week as well.

It looks to me like the resolution of the town's issues is going to be making do with what's available. Not too different from nicky's suggestion above. Even the Golden Dragon might end up fitting with this point of view.

No tooth fairies in Japan, I guess?

I can understand Erika not wanting to visit Tokyo with stick-in-the-mud Shizuka. Erika might have a different reaction if she was invited by Sanae, Maki or Yoshino.

I've really taken a liking to Maki over these past few episodes. She may turn out to be my favorite of them all.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2017-08-30 at 19:20.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 19:54   Link #270
nicky.
animesuki

Yup, just watched it; and I am not satisfied with the way the show is going either. Episode 22 felt so dry, and I bet the ending is going to be really disappointing. I honestly enjoyed SQ up to around episode 20 or so. Not P.A.Works' best look.
Old 2017-08-31, 01:25   Link #271
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

What on earth are you complaining about? I thought this episode was just fine. The scene where they're trying to get Erika's tooth to stop hurting was funny. When I was in middle school, I had one of my baby back teeth come out in the middle of English class. Ah, memories...

Having the series end with the girls magically bringing about a revival of the town in a single year would be facile and unrealistic. That's not what the show is about. Before they can "revive" the town, they first have to figure out what "revival" means. What it looks like. How to do it in a way that has value. And as the characters search for meaning in their town revival effort, they also search for meaning in their own lives.

If I was writing this show, I'd end it by having Yoshino reach the end of her contract as "Queen" and decide that she wants to stay on instead of returning to Tokyo.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 06:51   Link #272
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Just for the record I'm not unhappy with the pacing myself. As I said, I'm guessing the resolution will have a "make-the-best-of-what-you-have" ethic. That seems quite consistent with the themes this show has presented from the beginning. BBOvenGuy's conclusion makes sense to me.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 07:32   Link #273
nicky.
animesuki

@Senji, yes I can understand that viewpoint. I guess I'll have to fully wait for the last two ep.s before casting my judgment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
If I was writing this show, I'd end it by having Yoshino reach the end of her contract as "Queen" and decide that she wants to stay on instead of returning to Tokyo.
I.. think that's literally how it's going to end. xD
It's just sad that no character except Yoshino gets a real resolution. This kind of stuff is what Season 2 baits are made of.
Old 2017-08-31, 13:33   Link #274
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Cute episode. Erika's comment about them floating and showing off got me good.
Old 2017-08-31, 14:50   Link #275
nicky.
animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Cute episode. Erika's comment about them floating and showing off got me good.
Agreed. They should have longer bath scenes. Usually it's only 15-20 seconds.
Old 2017-08-31, 17:48   Link #276
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought this episode was positive. We're seeing the result of Yoshino and co's efforts in the way they're managing to inspire some of the townspeople. It's not the first time it happened, but this episode made it more obvious. They've been steadily winning the hearts of the people they meet. And it's what it all comes down to: the people. There is only so much the five girls can do, it will be thanks to the people of Manoyama that the town will eventually revive. I'm now almost certain the show will end on that note.
Old 2017-08-31, 19:40   Link #277
nicky.
animesuki

Quote:
I thought this episode was positive. We're seeing the result of Yoshino and co's efforts in the way they're managing to inspire some of the townspeople. It's not the first time it happened, but this episode made it more obvious. They've been steadily winning the hearts of the people they meet. And it's what it all comes down to: the people. There is only so much the five girls can do, it will be thanks to the people of Manoyama that the town will eventually revive. I'm now almost certain the show will end on that note.
Yes, it's been done before is exactly the issue. The show is almost walking in circles, which is why we're noticing it more.
I was hoping there'd be more to it than just this.
Old 2017-08-31, 20:09   Link #278
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky. View Post
Yes, it's been done before is exactly the issue. The show is almost walking in circles, which is why we're noticing it more.
I was hoping there'd be more to it than just this.
I'm curious to hear what directions you'd like to see Sakura Quest take, i.e. what the "more" entails.
Old 2017-08-31, 20:17   Link #279
nicky.
animesuki

"More" might entail new settings, plot progression events, interesting new characters, etc. Sakura was enjoyable this whole time because I thought all the experiences would add up to a nice exciting finish, but the show is kind of just ending how it started. That is the direction I wanted.
Old 2017-09-01, 09:46   Link #280
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
The show has been working just fine for me. The fact that there haven't been huge monumental strides is honestly more realistic. The town has pretty much nothing of value to the general outsider. Instead we've seen the girls grow as people, and this has inspired those around them, and helped to bring life back to the town.