AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-01, 10:06   Link #281
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I have two questions about Erika's tooth.

First, why didn't she know what to do with it already? This was one, if the not the only, remaining "baby" tooth in her mouth. Wouldn't she have thrown the others out the window before?

Second, why didn't the ladies simply break one of the adult-strength pain relievers in half and give one piece to Erika? Rather than this simple, common-sense solution, they drive through a snowstorm to the pharmacy which had to reopen as well. I wondered if this reflected some cultural notion of submission to authority when in comes to medicine. I would have had no trouble giving half a pill to my daughter when she was Erika's age. In fact most US medications specify twelve as the age when adult dosages should be used.

I was surprised Maki did not make this suggestion. She seems especially grounded when it comes to stuff like this.

(I understand how going to the pharmacy underscored some of the themes of this show, particularly the role of the shoutengai. Still, to me, it seemed like much ado about nothing.)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 11:16   Link #282
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Maybe the pain killers they had were simply in the form of capsules rather than pills.
Old 2017-09-01, 11:41   Link #283
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Maybe the pain killers they had were simply in the form of capsules rather than pills.
Further to this, some pills should not be split because they are structured to work on a timed release. Splitting the pill could result in an overdose, which would be detrimental. Other pills have a hard coat to improve swallowing, and altering them could impact they way the active ingredients are delivered. Erika's age is never specified, but it's better to err on the side of caution in general with this sort of thing.
Old 2017-09-01, 12:49   Link #284
nicky.
animesuki

Using chemicals in general is risk enough, never mind messing with the dosage and configuration of the medicine. I'd say they were in the right not giving her the adult one. But you're correct in that the snowstorm journey & re-opening of the shop was unrealistic. If the show was going for realism, she just would've gone to bed with no medicine at all.
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 21:09   Link #285
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Looks like Maki play is coming together and a new problem for the town
Old 2017-09-07, 11:58   Link #286
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Right when things were looking up, this happens. I have to say I didn't see that one coming. Not that I think this will actually go through.
Old 2017-09-07, 13:38   Link #287
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Another fact of life for small rural Japanese towns: consolidation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munici...tions_in_Japan

"Japan had around 1,822 municipalities at the beginning of 2007, considerably less than the 2,190 on April 1, 2005, and a decline of 40 percent from the number in 1999. The 1,822 municipalities include 198 villages, 777 cities and 847 towns."

The Government has a target of 1,000 municipalities but no deadline to reach it. Small municipalities incur a lot of debt. In 2006, the Government claimed municipal debt amounted to forty percent of Japanese GDP.
Old 2017-09-13, 14:07   Link #288
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

ep24:

Spoiler:

I burst into tears during the final episode preview. It was very unexpected.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 18:46   Link #289
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
ep24:
Didn't think that Kodata would attempt to get some sister cities.
The second link in my post above points to a document presented by the Japanese Government in 2006 to cities in California that were "sisters" to cities in Japan. It discussed the implications of consolidation for the sisters.

I've gotten incredibly attached to this group. I can see I'll be missing them deeply in a couple weeks time.
Old 2017-09-13, 20:54   Link #290
nicky.
animesuki

Heartfelt episode. I wonder if this show will get OVAs. I think it probably will. There's so much you could do with this story going forward.
Old 2017-09-13, 20:55   Link #291
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Yoshino contract is all most over but the festival is going off without a hitch
Old 2017-09-13, 21:05   Link #292
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
So Yoshino contract is all most over but the festival is going off without a hitch
Until they do the dragon play. We'll see if he makes it back on time.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 21:55   Link #293
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Still catching up. Fun watches thus far, and this makes it totally worth it!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, dark.

Images

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 04:31   Link #294
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky. View Post
Heartfelt episode. I wonder if this show will get OVAs. I think it probably will. There's so much you could do with this story going forward.
The show is slated for 25 eps. on broadcast, I bet the 26th eps. will be released as an OVA as it's been done to other TV shows with the same lenght.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 09:25   Link #295
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
The show is slated for 25 eps. on broadcast, I bet the 26th eps. will be released as an OVA as it's been done to other TV shows with the same lenght.
Shirobako ran for 24 episodes. It had two OVAs, but they didn't involve the cast. They were both standalone presentations of the opening episodes of the two fictitious series being produced by the folks at "Musashino Animation." I'm betting Sakura Quest will end when the TV series ends.

Here's one of the OVAs, which I think is much, much better than the first one about the idol group.

YouTube
Old 2017-09-14, 11:43   Link #296
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sandal-san to the rescue once again. Quite a big coincidence that the mayor of his hometown happens to be in Japan right when they need him, but whatever. I really like the idea Kadota came up with, and the basis for it. It's really romantic.

This show didn't turn out to be what I expected, but I've enjoyed it quite a bit thanks to the colorful cast. Looking forward to the conclusion. A little timeskip at the end could be nice.
Old 2017-09-14, 13:11   Link #297
Darthtabby

I've often found PA Works shows enjoyable but a bit flaky in terms of writing. That was kind of my opinion of this series early on. But its really come into its own during the second half. If it can manage the landing I'll consider it a contender for my vote in the best drama category at the next AS choice awards.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 19:26   Link #298
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
If it can manage the landing I'll consider it a contender for my vote in the best drama category at the next AS choice awards.
If Made in Abyss doesn't go horribly wrong at the end I think it will be hard to beat in the drama category. I might nominate Sakura Quest in the category, but I'm probably voting ultimately for Made in Abyss.
Old 2017-09-14, 22:55   Link #299
nicky.
animesuki

What are AS choice awards?
Old 2017-09-15, 06:33   Link #300
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Take a look at these threads:
https://forums.animesuki.com/tags.php?tag=choice+awards