AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-26, 17:10   Link #2901
Tenzen12

She is harmless now and likely never return to this world. Altair issue is solved. Again if you understood her you would know she is not threat anymore.
Old 2017-09-26, 17:46   Link #2902
RDNexus

You could say her soul was at peace, even if it was through an artificial solution.
Most likely she'll never lose or want to lose the dream-like reality she created with Setsuna, so surely she'll never be a threat again. Who knows, if a new threat were to appear, she could even appear at the last moment as the new Deus Ex Machina and save the day, redeeming herself a little that way
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-26, 20:04   Link #2903
outlaw97

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
You could say her soul was at peace, even if it was through an artificial solution.
Most likely she'll never lose or want to lose the dream-like reality she created with Setsuna, so surely she'll never be a threat again. Who knows, if a new threat were to appear, she could even appear at the last moment as the new Deus Ex Machina and save the day, redeeming herself a little that way
"IN A WORLD that was forever changed when fictional story characters could come to life, a new global oppressive order has formed, governing the rules of what can and cannot be written. One day, a new creation with universe-breaking powers comes to life, written by the oppressed, whose only goal is to destroy the governments and all order as we know it. As the Heroes of what was only known as the 'ECF Project' return for another final battle, their only hope may lie in a former enemy."

Re:Creators The Movie: "Break Those Stereo Days"

Roadshow 2018.12.18 - Preorder tickets now for special Meteora Black Bromide!

(Thought this was necessary as this thread looked like it was taking a pretty dark turn)

I'm hoping someone can translate at least a synopsis or a summary of the changes for the upcoming Re:Creators NAKED though, since Hiroe has already teased that the ending is different.

Last edited by outlaw97; 2017-09-26 at 20:09. Reason: Naked
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-26, 20:44   Link #2904
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

EDIT:
I just want to add something that is rather personal to me. Sorry if it is off topic.

I have a few years in my life when I was bullied. During that period, I did feel the urge to go postal and just actually kill those responsible. I did not carry it out because I felt that is wrong, that the bullies win if I ruined my own life because of it.

I know that the urge for revenge is still there, deep inside. That I still held a grudge somewhere, that those responsible likely no longer remember who I was. but I still think of the possibility of payback with lethal results.

I guess it is because I couldn't deal with the concept of injustice.

And here we are, with an anime where lethal payback for bullying is apparently acceptable. I am repulsed by the very idea, because I am afraid that I just might follow suit with revenge that I though I manage to bury away. I really, really don't need to hear about how it is good to want to kill because of bullying. I don't need that kind of encouragement. I am trying to be a good person, and Re:Creator is tempting me in a bad way.

"Why not kill the bullies"?
I never could answer that properly. "I would do it if I can get away with it" just seems to be what is whispered in my head.
That sounds like a personal issue for you to sort out with therapy, mate, not the basis for a weeklong argument in which you say that people who disagree with you are genocide sympathisers. Your personal proclivities towards violence neither concern nor interest me.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-26, 22:37   Link #2905
MgMaster

I do love me an entire episode as an epilogue - feels like a proper farewell. The only thing perhaps missing is a few seconds of showing what's Magane up to.

Now yea, the info dumps were pretty much but not too overbearing. Would've been nice if they were replaced with more character interactions regarding the worlds they each came from and how they contrast with this one and that of the others. Initially that's what I expected more as well but they kinda ditched most of that in favor of focusing more on the authors' side, where I assume most people(myself included) were more interesting on the characters & their worlds.

But a solid overall show and once again props for a very conclusive ending.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-26, 23:55   Link #2906
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yep, Re:Creators is pretty consistent show with filled with good ideas. Ending itself was foreshadowed for while and made sense. Pretty much all complains steem from it not being exactly according their taste.
it's your opnion, because the show had incosistences it was "not perfect as you are describing" that is the problem, specially in the end, you can only accept the final battle if you ignore a lot of mess and poor development, specially toward the crownd and how bad transition it was from altair goes from the villian to the "main character" almost none foreshadow, if you are fine with that bad things ok, no rpbolem but say which is just "peoples not accepting the villian wins only show which indeed you are really doing the same of the "haters" not accepting the serie faults.

i can accept a villian "having a happy end as long it don't feel forced and "rushed" as it feel here, it's simple like that, as i told my problem not was just her "having the happy end but a lot of issues and things which they didn't proper explored/explanined" lead to the end feeling "incomplete".

for me the serie was really good and if i could ignore episode 19 and first half of 20, then the anime worked perfect and could be one of the best of the year, but was very enjoiable and is not because of that which i gonna blind my eyes for the missings here and there just because i liked it.
Old 2017-09-27, 04:32   Link #2907
Tenzen12

I didn't say perfect though, that's just you putting words into mouth. It's consistent because it doesn't have any particular mess and poor development. Yes creators get more devepment because it's mainly about them, you know Re:Creators. It's not show fault its not what you wanted Re:Creations.

It had some issue (sometimes slow pacing, infodump, Souta not being used for big part of show) . But rushed, illogical or inconclusive ending wasn't among them

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2017-09-27 at 04:42.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 04:50   Link #2908
RDNexus

In the end, it seems to be more a matter of expectations and what each viewer wanted from the story.
Some got satisfied with what they got, some got what they were expecting, some didn't have that luck...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 05:33   Link #2909
drawr

Quote:
I didn't say perfect though, that's just you putting words into mouth. It's consistent because it doesn't have any particular mess and poor development. Yes creators get more devepment because it's mainly about them, you know Re:Creators. It's not show fault its not what you wanted Re:Creations.

It had some issue (sometimes slow pacing, infodump, Souta not being used for big part of show) . But rushed, illogical or inconclusive ending wasn't among them
Not really. That could only be said for Souta, the rest were on the level of their creations(bg props that sometimes say insightful things). Alice and Mamika had the most if not only character development arcs in a 22 episode show. The show always focused most on the creations. Or rather Meteora talking while everyone looks at her.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 05:38   Link #2910
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
In the end, it seems to be more a matter of expectations and what each viewer wanted from the story.
Some got satisfied with what they got, some got what they were expecting, some didn't have that luck...
Right?

For some reason, some people are unable to let it go and move on with their lives.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 07:41   Link #2911
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
Not really. That could only be said for Souta, the rest were on the level of their creations(bg props that sometimes say insightful things). Alice and Mamika had the most if not only character development arcs in a 22 episode show. The show always focused most on the creations. Or rather Meteora talking while everyone looks at her.
I would disagree. This is where when is more than just sum of its parts. Creators were defined both by relationship with their characters, each other and their way of live as artists. Hell, I would say Setsuna was more important than Altair even.

Well, I am fine if you don't see it, but this is how I feel about it at least.
Old 2017-09-27, 12:19   Link #2912
DMurphy

Quote:
I would disagree. This is where when is more than just sum of its parts. Creators were defined both by relationship with their characters, each other and their way of live as artists. Hell, I would say Setsuna was more important than Altair even.

Well, I am fine if you don't see it, but this is how I feel about it at least.
I agree with this. Re:Creators was ultimately a story about the act of creating fiction, and both the joys and dangers of exposing your work to the public and putting it out there, and the focus was always squarely on the creators.

That's part of why it was always clear that Sota's Creation would be Setsuna (although I didn't expect that she'd actually continue living, and I think that was a misstep): Because Altair was the instrument by which the problem became a threat, but the problem was what happened to Setsuna, as a microcosm of the kind of problems creators all over the world face.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 18:57   Link #2913
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

The one thing I TRULY love about Re:Creators is Amamiya's Kanoya Rui. It's ironic for me that she's done the action girl like Selesia, and she's done the Rei-clone like Meteora, but she did best as the actual MC pilot. Man, I would LOVE an Infinite Divine Machine anime series.

Apart from that, I didn't mind Meteora talking for like two thirds of an episode sometimes. I understand how it bothers people, but it did its job of explaining all the mumbo jumbo that came with the show. Could it have been done better? Definitely, but at the very least there was never a point in time where I was scratching my head in confusion because the explanation wasn't there. *cough*Youjitsu*cough*

Shame Sota didn't get to live with Setsuna (who can't exist alive in that particular timeline), but it's good to see he wasn't repeating the same mistakes with Meteora. I never really understood why he was here in the first place, but by the end it all made sense... mostly.

I only say mostly because I still have no idea why Magane decided to help Sota and lend her power, apart from the lulz. Then again Magane's actions and thinking has been an enigma from the begining, so I'm not dwelling too much in that.

So by the end, I say Re:Creators is a solid A- from me. It isn't the genre defining show I thought it could have been (a reverse isekai if you will), but if you ignore all the times when people just talked forever, it had very nice action scenes, an impressive soundtrack, a plot that was understandable, and lovable characters to boot. Was very entertaining, but apart from Sawano still being AMAZING, the show didn't wow me like I wanted it to.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 04:37   Link #2914
magnuskn

Magane's motivation is easy: She enjoys living in the real world (milkgasms!), so she doesn't want it destroyed by Altair.

I have hopes that Meteora and Sota will end up together after the shows end.
Old 2017-09-28, 05:03   Link #2915
deadite

If Meteora starts gaining magic again, that's a good sign something is up right?
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 17:13   Link #2916
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
I just started this show and at episode 14 or 15. While the concept is interesting, I felt the series took a plunge after you find out Sota's connection to Altair but kept it a secret.

Altair is the strongest character, she's able to materialize and dematerialize people's weapons during fights... yet all she does so far is sit on her ass and hope everything falls into place.
It might help to imagine that, rather than just sitting on her ass, Altair spends most of her time sitting around in a track suit and sandals, furiously pounding away at a keyboard, writing fanfiction about herself in order to feed the fan community that gives her all of those shiny powers. Then, whenever she calls a meeting, she puts on her infuriatingly over-complicated uniform and sits on her couch while a hidden camera takes selfies of her and her posing posse for later touch-up and uploading to the local Pixiv analogue.

Edit: I would pay good money for Meteora's novel if this is how she portrayed her Altair expy.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 17:24   Link #2917
magnuskn

Oh, yes. I'd love to see Meteora's novel, if she'd write it in the same way she did the recap episode.
Old 2017-09-28, 19:06   Link #2918
outlaw97

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Oh, yes. I'd love to see Meteora's novel, if she'd write it in the same way she did the recap episode.
What're you talking about? The recap episode WAS the novel. First draft, maybe.

outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 20:37   Link #2919
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
I just started this show and at episode 14 or 15. While the concept is interesting, I felt the series took a plunge after you find out Sota's connection to Altair but kept it a secret.

Altair is the strongest character, she's able to materialize and dematerialize people's weapons during fights... yet all she does so far is sit on her ass and hope everything falls into place.
What disappointed many about Souta's connection was how underwhelming it all was. He only met Setsuna that one time, and just never spoke to her again. He wasn't involved in Altair's conception at all, and in the end, never really knew anything substantial. However, to us, the audience (of course, we're going to be more detached and think more logically, and he's obviously emotionally stunted, never grew out of his shell) even if there's reason for his behavior, it doesn't stop from being a common plot line that turns viewers away. He's guilty of inaction, but even if he did act, it's uncertain whether Setsuna would have decided against suicide. It all served to prolong time and reveal information the group figured out anyway.
Old 2017-09-29, 01:04   Link #2920
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
What're you talking about? The recap episode WAS the novel. First draft, maybe.

Sounds about right.

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning