Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-21, 15:29   Link #101
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Except that Asta literally starts the screaming 4 pages into chapter 1 of the manga. (The first 3 pages being a montage about the original Wizard King fight and showing prosperous kingdom thereafter.) If he's a manga fan, he would know this. That scene is taken from the manga.

The baby flashback and childhood hinting starts 11 pages into chapter 1.

It's like some people are just realizing that the character was screaming now when the source had him doing this all along.

Anyone who has complaints should just view the manga source before lodging a forum complaint.
Actually, it seems what Noble was complaining about wasn't the fact that Asta screams in the anime, but the fact that the guy never STOPS screaming, at all. Sort of like with Edward. Edward had his moments when he could be very loud and obnoxious and scream himself hoarse, but a heck of a lot of the time he was able to be calm even when fighting or pushing himself. Imagine if everything Edward said to anyone, any time, was always shouted at the top of his lungs in a way that makes even Bakugo look like Yuno. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know how accurate or inaccurate this is, but it sounds like the animators really did Flanderize Asta a bit right from the get-go (not sure if I used the term right).
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 16:04   Link #102
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
No. I'll complain as much as I like.

Anyways, characters can "shout" as much as they want in manga because you can't "hear" them.
but this don't means which they are "not shouting" and that is what the anime is passing what happened in the manga if in the manga the charater is aways shouting and load, then in anime he must do the same or peoples will complain of not being "on the character", if anything the voice actor is doing is just doing what he was told to do and what was happening in the manga, the director not ordered him to shout out of the random, that is how asta "aways" was, if anything i can say is the voice actor doing a good job and portrait the character as he is supposed to be, again just because you can't hear" don't means which he was not doing it and this is what the anime is portraiting, how the character behavious most of the times, asta is like a "natsu from fairy tail but a 3.0" version when comes to shout be loud and a brat.

peoples must learn to deal with it or just "mute" the anime and watch without sound, it's pretty possible since as you told "you not need to hear him scream" is too easy to solve it in just one click.
Old 2017-10-21, 16:37   Link #103
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Actually, it seems what Noble was complaining about wasn't the fact that Asta screams in the anime, but the fact that the guy never STOPS screaming, at all. Sort of like with Edward. Edward had his moments when he could be very loud and obnoxious and scream himself hoarse, but a heck of a lot of the time he was able to be calm even when fighting or pushing himself. Imagine if everything Edward said to anyone, any time, was always shouted at the top of his lungs in a way that makes even Bakugo look like Yuno. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know how accurate or inaccurate this is, but it sounds like the animators really did Flanderize Asta a bit right from the get-go (not sure if I used the term right).
That's the problem. Asta is shouting in the manga. The scenes in the anime reflect the manga scenes so far imo. That's why I said before, anime watchers should read the source before lodging a complaint about Asta screaming too much. If he screams in the source, then you should expect the same behavior in the anime.

And if a manga follower is complaining on youtube about Asta screaming too much when they should know that he is doing the same amount in the manga, then they are prob click bait imo.
Old 2017-10-21, 17:32   Link #104
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Oh, agreed on that. The VA's just doing his job, in fact I'd say he's doing it as well as possible, considering the terrible way the studio has decided to portray Asta's aspect of noise.
I think it's nice to see that the VA is dedicated to his role. It's just unfortunate that his role is that of a annoying loud mouth that doesn't understand the concept of an inside voice.
Old 2017-10-21, 23:21   Link #105
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
peoples must learn to deal with it or just "mute" the anime and watch without sound, it's pretty possible since as you told "you not need to hear him scream" is too easy to solve it in just one click.
I think people would just not watch the anime at all instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That's the problem. Asta is shouting in the manga. The scenes in the anime reflect the manga scenes so far imo.
Alright. Then I'll direct the same complaint at the manga too.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 09:12   Link #106
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
That's about the silliest argument I've heard.

Whether or not he's characterized as "constantly screaming" is not the issue or even relevant.

The point is that it's turning the audience off from watching your show because they don't like their ears being treated this way.

Not to mention that nobody even countered my argument that there have been successful anime with loud characters before without it being this egregious. Some that come to mind are Naruto and Soul Eater.

Last edited by Dengar; 2017-10-22 at 09:22.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 10:02   Link #107
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
I think people would just not watch the anime at all instead.

Alright. Then I'll direct the same complaint at the manga too.
Well... then the complainers should just avoid the franchise entirely or levy complaints about other things in the series and cease the fruitless complaints about things that can't be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
<snip>

Not to mention that nobody even countered my argument that there have been successful anime with loud characters before without it being this egregious. Some that come to mind are Naruto and Soul Eater.
That's his character in the manga. See above comment for rest of response.

In other words, let it go, Elsa.

Last edited by orion; 2017-10-22 at 10:13.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 12:25   Link #108
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Naruto being loud is also his character. Black Star being loud is also his character. Tagiru being loud is also his character. I don't understand why you think repeating the same argument over and over will somehow make people accept it. It doesn't fly. It's been done before and in a less annoying way.
Old 2017-10-22, 12:30   Link #109
orion

Quote:
Naruto being loud is also his character. Black Star being loud is also his character. Tagiru being loud is also his character. I don't understand why you think repeating the same argument over and over will somehow make people accept it. It doesn't fly. It's been done before and in a less annoying way.

Complaining on our forum that the actor is shouting too loud does absolutely nothing.

If you want the producers to know, complain directly to the show. That is why I called this behavior "fruitless".

If you're complaining about the character shouting, it's also fruitless as this is what Asta does. His shouting is on a whole different level than Naruto.

As this conversation is going in circles, we can agree to disagree. You guys need to move on.
Old 2017-10-22, 12:31   Link #110
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

....What are you even talking about? This is an anime forum. For discussing anime. Which is what we're doing. What we've always been doing. What do producers have to do with anything?

And why do you get to decide what we can say or not? There are people who do not like some of the direction of a show you like. Deal with it.
Old 2017-10-22, 12:35   Link #111
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I disagree, being loud is only a minor part of a character. Naruto never runs away, Black Star must be #1. Asta is more a commoner out of a backwater village than anything else, and even that doesn't quite describe him, because he hasn't even entered the royal capital yet.

Asta aside, this really makes me wonder how the rest of the cast is going to fare... if they receive the same treatment as Asta, I can't see anything good coming out of it.

Quote:
This is an anime forum. For discussing anime.
Agreed. Making our opinions known to other fans and discussing these things is what the forum's for.
Quote:
As this conversation is going in circles, we can agree to disagree. You guys need to move on.
That, we can. I'd love to move on, but we're on episode 3 with very little to work with. Word on another forum is that the 51 episode rumour started out due to Sousei no onmyouji ( also animated by Pierrot) getting fillered to hell and eventually ending at 51 episodes.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 12:38   Link #112
orion

Quote:
....What are you even talking about? This is an anime forum. For discussing anime. Which is what we're doing. What we've always been doing. What do producers have to do with anything?
They control the show. You have a problem with the VA. Take it up with them.

Other than that, complaining about it here does nothing and bogs down any other possible discussions.
Old 2017-10-22, 12:40   Link #113
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Someone giving an opinion different from yours bogs down nothing. The only thing that bogs down anything is you telling other people what opinions to have as if you're some sort of forum overlord.

@Kafriel: I was just giving examples of loud characters who don't annoy me. I never said that Asta is 'exactly like them'.
Old 2017-10-22, 13:41   Link #114
Blueknight78

the problem is which the complains make it sound which it is or the voice actor or the anime team fault for asta being loud which is not true, if anything the fault is with the writer of the manga by making asta a "louder" and shout" mc where he will be shouting for like 80 to 90% of the times, this is astar character peoples liking it or no and the anime to not gonna change it because "some peoples don't like it", deal with it or drop anime, end of history, if you really want to complain over and over and over it on each episode and want it to "stop" then as someone already pointed go complain on anime staff or the writer and say how much you hate asta being loud and shout and maybe if enough peoples complain they can "change" something but others than that is keep following the "loud" annoyng brat adventures or drop it because this is how asta is, this is how the show gonna you liking or not and nothing gonna change, ofcourse sometimes he will not be like that but overal this is asta, end of history.
Old 2017-10-22, 15:49   Link #115
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Why do you keep presenting the same argument that I've refuted 3 times already?

This is starting to feel futile, but I'm going to keep bashing my head into this brick wall until it breaks.

"That's just how the character is written." is not an excuse.

There. Have. Been. Many. Loud. Characters. Before. And. None. Of. Them. Sounded. Like. This.

It's. Possible. To. Have. A. Loud. Character. And. Have. Them. NOT. Be. This. Obnoxious.

How many times do I have to repeat this before someone either understands or refutes it?

Is there something weird in my wording? Am I using incorrect English? Why is this part of my argument always being ignored?
Old 2017-10-22, 15:59   Link #116
Blueknight78

Quote:
Why do you keep presenting the same argument that I've refuted 3 times already?

This is starting to feel futile, but I'm going to keep bashing my head into this brick wall until it breaks.

"That's just how the character is written." is not an excuse.

There. Have. Been. Many. Loud. Characters. Before. And. None. Of. Them. Sounded. Like. This.

It's. Possible. To. Have. A. Loud. Character. And. Have. Them. NOT. Be. This. Obnoxious.

How many times do I have to repeat this before someone either understands or refutes it?

Is there something weird in my wording? Am I using incorrect English? Why is this part of my argument always being ignored?
let me ask you, you can point a rule where is told which the character can't be "obnoxious"?? have a rule which say which character a, b or c where like that them character d must be obligated to be like that too???

the answer pretty much will be "no" them by that this means which no matter how you complain asta will be like that, unless you go complain in the right place or make a sort of internet petition to make anime change the mc, then since don't have any "rules about" how loud or shout a character can be, no matter how you dislike it, this don't means which he can't be like that, it's simple like that.

To be clear you have the own rights to dislike it and complain over and over but it not gonna really change anything or means which everyone must complain over it too.

For me after characters like natsu from fairy tail asta is pretty generic and no real complain and i really honestly don't understand all that rant, it's not like you can't adjust the sound if you feel it is too loud and damaging your hear sense.

Again i can honestly understand why asta is like that, he is born in a world where everyone have magic and he is the only one to not have them is painfull for him, then he ending feeling which the only way peoples will not look down on him will be he being loud and "brat" as possible to look "adult", remember he still a children and due to his own issues he could not behaviour in the same way as the others since he is different from the others.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-10-22 at 17:16.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 16:36   Link #117
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ok, let's put this in another way: Asta being loud is like the toilet humor in naruto. It exists, it is there, but the anime studio, which in both cases is studio Pierrot, decides to highlight this in entire bloody episodes. So, it IS the studio's fault. You know how Asta could be? Yelling at something surprising, like taking a look at the imperial capital for the first time, meeting new people, going on an adventure, whatever.

The character is written loud, yes, he can and should yell, on certain cues. Yelling through his everyday goddamn life in nowhere church, at the same bloody people for the entirety of his life, is stretching his being loud way too freaking much. It goes well beyond the point of being energetic and serves absolutely no purpose.

Also, FYI and before anyone asks, no, Asta has not been yelling his entire life, he has a lot of normal conversations like an average human being. Unless Pierrot botch those too.

I'm sitting the rest of this out, whoever still has doubts can VM me.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 17:20   Link #118
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Ok, let's put this in another way: Asta being loud is like the toilet humor in naruto. It exists, it is there, but the anime studio, which in both cases is studio Pierrot, decides to highlight this in entire bloody episodes. So, it IS the studio's fault. You know how Asta could be? Yelling at something surprising, like taking a look at the imperial capital for the first time, meeting new people, going on an adventure, whatever.

The character is written loud, yes, he can and should yell, on certain cues. Yelling through his everyday goddamn life in nowhere church, at the same bloody people for the entirety of his life, is stretching his being loud way too freaking much. It goes well beyond the point of being energetic and serves absolutely no purpose.

Also, FYI and before anyone asks, no, Asta has not been yelling his entire life, he has a lot of normal conversations like an average human being. Unless Pierrot botch those too.

I'm sitting the rest of this out, whoever still has doubts can VM me.
i go with the "stick the source rule" in cases like that, if the panel show asta "shouting" in normal chat then the same must be did in anime, because this is how it was, now as you told if in the moments which he is clear not shouting and the anime keep he doing it then i agree it's a problem, but as long it make sense and is proper portraited in the show following the manga then i'm fine with it no matter how annoying it can look into others eyes because this is how happened in the source, ofcourse this don't means which logically speak the source aways must be right and can't do something wrong", but if they want to be faithfull to the source them sorry you must deal with it and i'm reading the manga and so far taking out some "fillers or anime ones moments specially the flashback pretty much they where doing exactly what happened in the manga, whem comes to be loud and annoying.

anime so far adapted only the first chapter with a lot of flashback and fillers then here from first chapter asta as he is:
Spoiler:

not gonna post the whole chapter but basically he was shouting the almost whole chapter like a crazy dude which is not different from the anime.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-10-22 at 17:43.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 18:26   Link #119
DMurphy

I'm not going to reiterate my stance on Asta's screaming, but I am going to say that you're both being very disingenuous here, Blueknight, Orion.

It is not unreasonable for people, in a thread about discussing a show, to discuss things they don't like about it -- you disagreeing with them doesn't mean they shouldn't discuss it at all.

What is unreasonable is the suggestion that a) People who dislike the screaming should mute the show, what kind of absurd suggestion is that, or b) People who dislike the screaming should contact the creators, a large company who speak an entirely different language, to complain, because you know that's neither feasible or helpful.

Shockingly enough, people do criticise things they don't like about television shows. I know, it's very alarming. Learn to cope with it.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 18:33   Link #120
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I'm not going to reiterate my stance on Asta's screaming, but I am going to say that you're both being very disingenuous here, Blueknight, Orion.

It is not unreasonable for people, in a thread about discussing a show, to discuss things they don't like about it -- you disagreeing with them doesn't mean they shouldn't discuss it at all.

What is unreasonable is the suggestion that a) People who dislike the screaming should mute the show, what kind of absurd suggestion is that, or b) People who dislike the screaming should contact the creators, a large company who speak an entirely different language, to complain, because you know that's neither feasible or helpful.

Shockingly enough, people do criticise things they don't like about television shows. I know, it's very alarming. Learn to cope with it.
you are forgeting option C, just stop to watch since you don't like the mc.

no one is saying which you can't discuss what you can't dislike, what i'm saying is which peoples can't come and "blame the studio or even the voice actor without know the source or knowing the source but ignoring it, what i'm saying is which what the anime is doing is portraiting asta as he is, they are not going against the source or "highlighting" something they are doing exactly what they are supposed to do, now if you don't like it ok, i'm fine but this don't means which they are not doing what they where supposed to do.

If the source(the manga in this case) display the mc scream and shouting 80 to 90 or 100% of the times then the problem is on the source not the anime itself, they are just trying to reproduce it as it is supposed to be, peoples liking or not.

Tags
shonen