AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-12-12, 21:51   Link #281
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^That good?

Could someone tell this stupid Zeldaria that Rain is a hero already?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-12, 22:16   Link #282
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^You mean 弱キャラ友崎くん? If so, then yeah, it's far better than I thought it would be. Halfway through volume 4, then only volume 5 left. The wait for volume 6 will be tough. T_T
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-13, 08:42   Link #283
Valky
Radioactive

Eh, not so sure about "Rain being dumb is good for making progress", it's more like "there's no other way than making him dumb enough so the story won't end too soon".

I kinda fine with him being dumb though, because of the reason above .. but why bother making the other people also dumb, especially the supposedly bad guys, is beyond me. Meh, maybe people of that world in general are not that smart to begin with.
Old 2017-12-13, 14:45   Link #284
Rasty

^ Considering the skills are seen in their eyes, maybe they have a big part of head reserved for skills and not brain mass .

I expect Zeldaria to screw up a bit more and end up "forced" on Rain as a form of apology from the empire.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-13, 22:53   Link #285
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Awesome theory

Just read the latest chapter
The cruise ship gonna be the Den of Debauchery

In the afterword author presented some theories like The Principle of Consistency and Lanchester's 1st Law but tbh does it even go to that level? Rain is so gullible he will get duped by anyone before one even finish saying the P from Psychology
Old 2017-12-13, 23:55   Link #286
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

I like how Author share what he thinks when he write the story, but the mahjong terms is beyond me.

Regarding the bullies, they supposed to be nobles but they don't act like one...
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 00:06   Link #287
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Male bullies basically forgotten by now
What are they doing when not bullying Rain? Nobody knows

Oh btw, this kingdom uses PAPER MONEY! Wuuuuaaaaattt!?
Old 2017-12-14, 11:25   Link #288
Rasty

^ Human rights are guaranteed including equality under the law and the nobles actually don't govern commoners. I actually don't even get why there is the system of nobles if as it seems they have generally no advantages against the commoners and no special jobs...

Btw. this term sometimes comes up in WN, but it's just strange if they speak about noble's "personal money" (this novel being an exception, but let's ignore it because there just aren't real nobles). It's not modern world, they OWN the money, people and everything in their territory (or the king does, but that's only an official statement as he has almost no power over it unless he has an extremely strong position). All the money they have is theirs and it is up to them how they use it as long as they don't overdo it. In the first place, where should the "personal money" come from, it's not like they get a wage from someone.
Old 2017-12-14, 11:36   Link #289
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^In Hachinan, the nobles do get salary from the kingdom

But anyway, I've never seen TOTAL OWNERSHIP like what you described. The people pay tax to the lord, that's it. More than that is abuse of power. Personal Money is those acquired not from tax. Like personal business or inheritance.
Old 2017-12-14, 12:06   Link #290
Valky
Radioactive

There were official positions in the middle ages back then (and now?) that needed the person to hold a certain rank. They were technically nobles, but don't own land .. so they got salary from the country. Current example would be British's House of Lords, I guess? It has a life peer/non-inheritance title.

Well, the land owners noble most likely could do whatever they want to their territory, as long as they abide to their country's laws.

It's not like Nobility can't exist in that kind of world though, after all you could obtain it by a lot of means like using military power, money, inheritance, given favors or having blood ties with the royalties or other nobles, rather than having some merits. Our world doesn't have any superpower either (that I know of), but there were still nobles.

If your concern is why the nobility system hasn't collapse yet when there's some monster-like existence like Orpha, probably because humans are greedy? Should there was someone as strong as Orpha, chances are he'll probably join the nobles/royalties by invitation himself or if he has enough ambition/some other reason he'll create his own kingdom and consequently his peers and descendants will be nobles either way.
Old 2017-12-14, 17:20   Link #291
Rasty

^ Well overdoing it might cause a rebellion or a lot of other things, but the difference in status (and many other things like power balance and such) is like between a dog and it's owner. But from the point of law, they could do almost anything (later on there was the church, so they were bound by acting in a way not to anger the clerks).

I am more concerned by the nobility not actually having any territory or merits (higher before low, could command commoner and such). Our world nobles (not the honorary type like in modern England) had inherent territory and through that gained the power (military, economic) and the ones who had no territory had the little influence just because other nobles they had ties with had the territory and power.

On the other hand, while for some reason there seem to be rather big differences between nobles and commoners in that world, there is no substantial reason for it. In just what are the nobles more important than commoners? Can they send you to jail? No. Can they send their army against you? They have no territory -> no army -> No. Does the country care more about what they say? Remember equality under the law? -> No.
So where is the real difference (yet the people's view of nobles is as of people of much higher status, this would be acceptable as a transitional state, but it seems to be this way for quite a while)?
Old 2017-12-14, 18:29   Link #292
Greenish Growth

Rain made the fairies excited. The fairy came back.

That land battle ship sort of reminds me of a primitive Bolo tank. That thing is bigger than I thought.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 20:32   Link #293
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Fairy Reipu

Orpha so annoying
It was fine when Rain was avoiding Orpha
Pippi and Kukkori are better
Old 2017-12-17, 19:54   Link #294
Rinvelt
駄目人間

The King basically paying Rain to have sex with his daughter.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 23:40   Link #295
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^I didn't realize because it's daily updates, but it already past 500k words, still no snusnu. This counted as late.

What about the plumbing for that cruise ship btw?
Old 2017-12-19, 01:14   Link #296
Valky
Radioactive

So he's a fiancee and a prostitute now .. quite an upgrade. lol

^Probably magic, gardening also done with magic after all. For that for this, everything's magic! ... reminds me of AvA's song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ Well overdoing it might cause a rebellion or a lot of other things, but the difference in status (and many other things like power balance and such) is like between a dog and it's owner. But from the point of law, they could do almost anything (later on there was the church, so they were bound by acting in a way not to anger the clerks).

I am more concerned by the nobility not actually having any territory or merits (higher before low, could command commoner and such). Our world nobles (not the honorary type like in modern England) had inherent territory and through that gained the power (military, economic) and the ones who had no territory had the little influence just because other nobles they had ties with had the territory and power.

On the other hand, while for some reason there seem to be rather big differences between nobles and commoners in that world, there is no substantial reason for it. In just what are the nobles more important than commoners? Can they send you to jail? No. Can they send their army against you? They have no territory -> no army -> No. Does the country care more about what they say? Remember equality under the law? -> No.
So where is the real difference (yet the people's view of nobles is as of people of much higher status, this would be acceptable as a transitional state, but it seems to be this way for quite a while)?
Well, yes, the thing called "Nobless Oblige" aside, usually, the laws from the first place would benefits the nobles, since they are the ones that actually created the said laws.

This novel on the other hand .. I don't remember the noble system got much explanation in here, it has lower priority compared to the mc's low esteem issue and certainly not that developed either.

Not sure about "equality" though, since nobles are by default a privilege and higher status class. Maybe its a "human/citizens/commoners right" instead of equality?
Old 2017-12-19, 03:33   Link #297
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^In recent afterword, author said nobles/royals have less human rights than civillian

They are obligated to fight and what not

So dumb

Also, Rain is impotent
Old 2017-12-19, 04:09   Link #298
Valky
Radioactive

Wait, really? Never read the afterword because of reasons. But, uh, the obligation to fight in war is more like a natural thing because the nobles also fight for their own protection (property & territory). Why the author said "less human right" is beyond me.

lol, he is?
Old 2017-12-19, 04:31   Link #299
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Author is so dumb (He said that himself in the last afterword) he doesn't know the term Noblesse Oblige

Rain got serviced by 9 ero maids and he doesn't react

Before, the excuse was still too young
Now it's because he doesn't want to betray Pippi

This is starting to piss me off

This is why I prefer Kuzu MC than Hetare MC
Old 2017-12-19, 04:58   Link #300
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Sounds like more reason for me to put off catching up on this...

Tags
cute boy mc, dorodoro, hardworking protagonist, heroines never age, mob heroines, shuraba, super harem