Originally Posted by amtro View Post
What preview?
for the ova
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 22:53   Link #7223
superior13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Basara is normally only able to use Banishing Shift as a counter, but under circumstances he's also able to use it to initiate the attack himself. That's what you mean, right? Because if so, I've also noticed this at times in the story.
Before Jin kills Holy King Albareos he said that was the difference between his Banishing Shift and Basara's. Shoumetsukensen (the variant of Banishing Shift that Jin taught Basara in volume 7) like the normal Banishing Shift, can only be used as a counter attack by Basara. However Brynhildr possessed Basara is able to freely use Banishing shift without the counter attack trigger condition.
superior13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 10:21   Link #7224
DragonOsman
Dragon King

And can Jin use it normally whenever he wants?
Old 2017-12-29, 18:14   Link #7225
superior13

Before Jin transforms into a dragon and kills Albareos, He uses Banishing Shift to kill all of the Shiba clones. He tells Albareos that the difference between his Banishing Shift and Basara's is that he's able to use it freely whereas Basara can only use it as a counter measure.
Old 2017-12-30, 06:35   Link #7226
DragonOsman
Dragon King

But that's kind of misleading since it doesn't take into account Basara being able to use it freely in Brynhildr possession mode or when he's using his full powers from all of his bloods.
Old 2017-12-30, 19:31   Link #7227
Culaio

I must say that Jin is reason that I am unable to finish reading this novel, author made him so annoyingly OP for no reason(how exactly Jin is so much stronger then basara who has so many special bloods inside of him) that it leaves you with question WHY he didnt resolve everything by himself from very start, he completly overshadows basara in the story.
Culaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-31, 08:14   Link #7228
DragonOsman
Dragon King

No, not the main story. In the main story, Basara is arguably stronger by the end. Jin goes to Heaven in a separate story after the main story has already ended. That's where he turns into a dragon, devours all of the Gods' leaders and rescues Raphaeline.

And Jin does have Hero and Dragon blood. He ate the flesh of a dragon and drank its blood. It's how Basara has Dragon blood.
Old 2017-12-31, 12:59   Link #7229
Tachibana
タチバナ

So Jin not only rescues Sapphire and Raphaeline but also devours the gods as a dragon?

Well, that's what they get. Although I wasn't expecting them being devoured. I guess heaven got wrecked.
Old 2017-12-31, 13:48   Link #7230
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I guess I should add "IIRC from spoilers". Should clarify with the people who've read it.
Old 2017-12-31, 17:46   Link #7231
Culaio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
No, not the main story. In the main story, Basara is arguably stronger by the end. Jin goes to Heaven in a separate story after the main story has already ended. That's where he turns into a dragon, devours all of the Gods' leaders and rescues Raphaeline.

And Jin does have Hero and Dragon blood. He ate the flesh of a dragon and drank its blood. It's how Basara has Dragon blood.
I know that jin has hero and dragon blood but basara has that + demonic and god blood basara should been few times more powerful then jin, and thats without power boost from contracts, instead story places multiple limitations on basara power(some of limitations come from very same special blood that should have given him more power) while jin is free to use his power as he fits, overshadowing basara.

if basara with all his special blood still needed power up from contracts for final battle then jin with only his hero and dragon blood shouldnt be enough to challenge gods.
Old 2017-12-31, 19:45   Link #7232
superior13

Jin went to the basement of the the special department of the Vatican's headquarters (the real-world equivalent would be Saint Peter's Basilica). Before he turns into a dragon and eats Albareos, he uses Banishing Shift to destroy all of the Shiba clones, and probably the other Vatican experiments as well. He hasn't gone to the divine realm yet. At some point, during the two weeks or so since the final battle with Shiba, He has a phone conversation with Basara, informing him that he no longer has to worry about the Vatican, and that he intends to go to the divine realm to save the captured Sapphire and sealed Raphaeline.

@Culaio Jin couldn't resolve everything on his own, because he most likely would have triggered another great war. Also his dragon form as well as his ability to use Banishing Shift isn't exactly common knowledge.
Old 2017-12-31, 19:50   Link #7233
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. As far as I know at least, Riara is the only one who knows he has Dragon blood and that Basara may have gotten the ability to use Banishing Shift due to what kind of Dragon blood Jin has.

Also, the part where Jin goes to the Vatican is after the main story already ended, too. Let's not forget that. It's also set after the events of the After Story where Basara has sex with Chisato.
Old 2017-12-31, 21:18   Link #7234
dragon213

Anyone who has seen the new image with Kurumi and Maria? It does mention departure in the text on it
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-01, 04:34   Link #7235
Culaio

no my point is how broken Jin is, basara shows that even with special blood you still arent all powerful(and basara has more special blood then jin) and yet Jin somehow is MUCH more powerful then pretty much everone else, other then basara who has more special blood and who still needed boost from contracts.

Jin is pretty much gary stu character, he is COOL while basara is nowhere near as cool as him(yes he is cool but weird/funny stuff happens to him frequently which decrease his coolness), he is pretty much strongest character for most of story(his power doesnt have same limitations like basara's have for most of story) and he is just a little weaker then basara at the end of story.
Basara at end of story should be a LOT more powerful then jin for him not to be gary stu character, I mean basara has hero, dragon, demon and god blood, he has BIG power boost from contracts and has very powerful weapon Brynhildr that also increases his power by a lot.
to put it simple difference between basara and and jin should be as big as between jin and normal demons.
This is my problem, story is inconsistant with power.
Old 2018-01-01, 07:53   Link #7236
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's not that inconsistent. Basara had problems with his power for other reasons. One of them being control and another being experience. And Jin was known as a war hero from the great war; like Superior said, if Jin had tried to resolve everything on his own, it would've started another great war. Jin even said as much. He couldn't even go help Basara even if he wanted to. Also because his Dragon blood and power was meant to stay under wraps.

I think Jin and Basara are roughly equal after Jin's special arc. The difference is in how well they can use Banishing Shift. So Basara is as broken as Jin is. He has problems for the sake of suspense. I don't like it either, but yeah.

And as for the contract. The way I see it, it was mainly the girls that needed the power boosts. Basara needed the power boost and the elements from the sex before he fought Shiba the second time, but that's about it. But most of the boosts from the contract were mainly for the girls. They didn't seem that important for Basara himself to me.
Old 2018-01-01, 09:34   Link #7237
dragon1412

they are roughly equal in term of potential. Most of Basara most broken ability come from Jin, the main differences, in my eyes is their experiences, Basara fought many, but I doubt Basara fights ever come close to Jin in number and scale, especially the great war which cause the current era. End game Basara is still decades under Jin in term of pure experiences.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-01, 10:07   Link #7238
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, that sounds about right too. Experience, as well as their respective degrees of mastery of Banishing Shift.

At the end of the main series, Basara defeated Shiba who was said to be a clone of Jin. But in his own arc now, Jin is going to get a power-up. Jin is going to be stronger than the strongest of the leader gods in the Divine Realm, while Basara is on the strongest leader's level or around there.
Old 2018-01-01, 17:34   Link #7239
Culaio

You are literally pointing out inconsistency, with special blood basara has he shouldnt be equal to jin he should be twice as powerful as he is(power and experiance are two different things, jin may have more experiance but not more power).

also contract provides both sides with EQUAL power up so basara power should have increased by same amount as girls power did and since they are all contracted to him, his power increase for EACH of them so his boost was multiplied by amount of servants...

if jin gets powerup and gets stronger then basara this will make him look like even bigger gary stu character
Old 2018-01-01, 18:23   Link #7240
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Just read the story. You'll get your answers. Just remember: The stuff you're worried about concerning Jin, that you said you won't read the story due to, doesn't happen in the main story but after it. It happens after events of the After Story even. No reason to not read the main story for that.

Basara took care of every major thing in the main story because he's the main character. No other reason. It doesn't matter how much stronger Jin was. That's how things work in Action stories.

Tags
borderline hentai, fantasy, harem, true harem