Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-20, 16:54   Link #141
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
Y And Ichigo poor girl though.
Honestly i don't feel bad for her, she is getting what she asked for, she was being annoying the whole episode forcing herself into hiro, trying to say who must be his partner while him wanted to ride again with 02 and being almost the same asshole as like the asshole brat, they both can die together for me, they really make a perfect asshole couple.

another note why even "non frankin" vehicles have "ass controlls", even when he was piloting that little mech the controlls where like a ass lol.
Old 2018-01-20, 17:01   Link #142
nfsac

The intro pretty much confirms Zero-Two has a beast form. During the prologue of episode 1 we see her walking on the snow but with much bigger horns. During the intro it seems Hiro was also there but wearing a snow coat.
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 17:40   Link #143
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Ichigo's doing it wrong.

She should be the one piloting and Hiro should be the control panel, which is why 02 was able to go FABULOUS MAX on the guy.
Given how they are deliberately keeping suspense there clearly is something different about how he did it with Zero Two.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 17:50   Link #144
Kazu-kun

I don't think so. Like I said before, the show isn't clever enough to reverse their roles in the cockpit. Besides you can see that 002's combat suit has the monitor helmet and butt handles just like the other girls.
Old 2018-01-20, 17:55   Link #145
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think so. Like I said before, the show isn't clever enough to reverse their roles in the cockpit. Besides you can see that 002's combat suit has the monitor helmet and butt handles just like the other girls.
well having it and "using it" are 2 different things(this is just the default uniform, this means which any woman will be using it), the scene showed she huging hiro and the cockpit closed it don't looked like she was going to the "basic position to pilot it, i think which probably you can also "pilot it in another way".
Old 2018-01-20, 17:57   Link #146
Kazu-kun

You're reaching. The evidence suggests there's nothing different about the way they were piloting it.
Old 2018-01-20, 17:59   Link #147
konart

I honestly want to write how disappointed I am, but I can't.
Even though the trailer made it pretty clear that the whole show will most likely be mediocre clusterfuck of tropes and cliches, they still managed to make it worse.

Star Driver made some attempts to convey similar themes without making the whole thing to look like... this. (reference NSFW link https://twitter.com/outrunton/status...224258/photo/1)

PS: And OMG, no matter how much of a Evangelion fan I am - this is a bit too much already, lol.

PPS: 02 is love though and so is the ED.
Old 2018-01-20, 18:10   Link #148
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
Honestly i don't feel bad for her, she is getting what she asked for, she was being annoying the whole episode forcing herself into hiro, trying to say who must be his partner while him wanted to ride again with 02 and being almost the same asshole as like the asshole brat, they both can die together for me, they really make a perfect asshole couple.
Tone it down, dude. None of them deserve to die.

And besides, Ichigo is the squad leader so she's allowed to give orders. It's not like she was going overboard either. She isn't petty enough to hate on 02 without reason or for her horns like the other girl did. The steps that she's taken to put a distance between 02 and Hiro obviously have a hint of jealousy to them but her formal rationale were also backed up by higher authorities both times. And given 02's history with partners, Ichigo does have a right to be concerned about Hiro's safety. It may be based on intuition but I doubt you'd take issue with her actions if she saw what happened to 02's last partner.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 18:18   Link #149
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well having it and "using it" are 2 different things(this is just the default uniform, this means which any woman will be using it), the scene showed she huging hiro and the cockpit closed it don't looked like she was going to the "basic position to pilot it, i think which probably you can also "pilot it in another way".
02 didn't have to get into her module for the vehicle to power up. Just those 2 in the seat was enough.

Hiro couldn't be in the female portion as he did not have a connecting suit with the spinal cord attachment.
Old 2018-01-20, 18:24   Link #150
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
Given how they are deliberately keeping suspense there clearly is something different about how he did it with Zero Two.
I don't think this is a very difficult question. He got aroused when kissing Zero Two and not when kissing Ichijo. Intriguingly, she didn't seem as unaware of the concept of kissing as Hiro did. She knew what it was, got out of her seat, and kissed him. As Kazu-kun said, it didn't seem to click for her either.

I had fun discriminating between the A-1 and Trigger sequences. In episode one, the scene inside the giant hall where the celebration took place looked very much like the scenes in Kill la Kill's Honnouji Academy, down to the anonymous faces in the crowd. But the most obvious differences appear between the ordinary-life scenes and the action sequences. A-1's work is, as always, very well crafted with attention to detail. One example I noticed was when Hiro and Zero Two were riding up an escalator. The director made sure to include a line in the escalator wall every so often where there would be joins between adjacent metal sheets. What A-1 doesn't usually have is flair. For that we have Trigger. The fight against the Klaxosaur looked like it came from Imaishi and company as did the scene between Zero Two and Hiro entering the mecha.

I found all the sexual innuendo amusing for a while, but I don't think they can build an entire show just on that and adolescent romantic jealousies. Let's go hunt some Klaxosaur!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 18:38   Link #151
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
02 didn't have to get into her module for the vehicle to power up. Just those 2 in the seat was enough.

Hiro couldn't be in the female portion as he did not have a connecting suit with the spinal cord attachment.
yeah that is why when i saw the second episode it really make how 02 and hiro control the mecha look totally different from what it was here, they where basically hugging each other when the mecha activated his combat mode, them it's means which they really do it in a different way, even the cockipt of they mecha looked different, they even told which 002 mecha is a "very special one", that could means which he could work different from the others.
Old 2018-01-20, 18:46   Link #152
RDNexus

I rolled my eyes upon the scene with the pilots' positions inside their Franxx.
It couldn't be any more sexually explicit and denominative of male dominance.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 19:02   Link #153
Applehell

lmao, I'm impressed this managed to somehow be even more sexually charged than Kill-a-Kill and that had people getting naked every episode.

At least wasn't a couple/monster of week-fest I had expected it delve into by the 2nd episode.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 19:03   Link #154
Kazu-kun

Well, to begin with using the doggy position to symbolize sex is pretty retarded when they go about compatibility and teamwork. That's the most self-centered sex position of all. The one that has less to do with two people opening up to each other and more about getting a quick fix for yourself with no regard for your partner.

But of course, in the end the real reason they put the girls like that is to show off their butts to the audience.
Old 2018-01-20, 19:04   Link #155
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was already more interesting than the first episode. Ichigo tried to "take back" Hiro, but she failed spectacularly. This will obviously negatively affect her, but I hope she won't become too bitter. She's a bit bland compared to Zero Two though, so that could be a good thing.

Hated Zorome (?)'s attitude. What the hell is his problem exactly, and why does nobody call him out on how big a dick he is? I have an idea as to why he hates Hiro with a passion, but I hope I'm wrong.

As expected of a mecha anime MC, Hiro is special. He didn't suffer any side effect after piloting with Zero Two, whose partners usually age rapidly and die after only piloting three times (I wonder how many died). As for the reason he can only connect with Zero Two, I too think it's simply because he's in love/attracted to her, and not because of some role reversal. Evidence that suggests Zero Two's position in the cockpit is the same: when she's piloting alone, her mech is on four legs.
Old 2018-01-20, 19:10   Link #156
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was already more interesting than the first episode. Ichigo tried to "take back" Hiro, but she failed spectacularly. This will obviously negatively affect her, but I hope she won't become too bitter. She's a bit bland compared to Zero Two though, so that could be a good thing.

Hated Zorome (?)'s attitude. What the hell is his problem exactly, and why does nobody call him out on how big a dick he is? I have an idea as to why he hates Hiro with a passion, but I hope I'm wrong.

As expected of a mecha anime MC, Hiro is special. He didn't suffer any side effect after piloting with Zero Two, whose partners usually age rapidly and die after only piloting three times (I wonder how many died). As for the reason he can only connect with Zero Two, I too think it's simply because he's in love/attracted to her, and not because of some role reversal. Evidence that suggests Zero Two's position in the cockpit is the same: when she's piloting alone, her mech is on four legs.
she was not piloting "alone" she was with the guy, he just finally dried to death, and mecha position could had affected both not just her, if how he stand make a diference, i'm still waiting to proper see both piloting together to ble clear if they do in the same way as the others.

I think 02 must be a sort of "succubus", based on her look and the way her partners dying so fast.

And based on second episode now i know why they hired the to love ru darkness guy to draw the manga, the serie really fit something which could come from him.
Old 2018-01-20, 19:16   Link #157
James Rye

LOL! I just realized this episode that the handling for the boys to use are ON THE ASS OF THE GIRLS! Even the training unit had the handling shaped like a butt! What a crazy good insane amazing idea! XDDD

Looks like Gorou and Hiro are best buds, Gorou seems like the kinda guy you want to have as best friend. Supportive, calm, harmonic, always a smile on his face and somebody who worries more about you than himself. He's a true bro according to the bro code.

Too bad for Ichigo. Man, that was crushing watching how he said he felt nothing (but guilt) and her reaction to it. :C
Interesting that girls can sort of handle the piloting by themselves albeit it seems to be quite crude and short-lived for Ichigo. Nothing like when 02 (aka 0-Ni = Oni) did it after kissing Hiro. I wonder if either Hiro is the perfect partner for her as in that he won't die or that he is just the most she can suck out of energy to transform yet he still gonna risk his death sooner or later.

Also that grave with the flower... did Naomi really survive or does Hiro think the part about her being in the hospital was a lie? The grave he made seems to suggest the later.

"You were awful."
As a pilot or as a kisser, Ichigo?^^
Old 2018-01-20, 19:19   Link #158
Kazu-kun

The grave was for the bird.
Old 2018-01-20, 19:38   Link #159
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The grave was for the bird.
Totally forgot about that one. Well, guess since Hiro meet Oni he gives zero shit about other girls or his former partner then.^^;
Old 2018-01-20, 19:39   Link #160
Wandering Soul

That entire sequence was pretty cruel for Ichigo. I guess the difference is that 02 was more confident in what she was doing, not to mention that Hiro was attracted to her, while with Ichigo it's more like two kids that don't really know what they're doing.