AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-16, 04:41   Link #61
Faroush

Speaking of revolts... the Eurasia dispute should be starting too around this time too. based on what i read on the fansub. Sven and his teammates are being sent to Kirgiz which should be in China. based on the google i just did now
Faroush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 08:24   Link #62
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faroush
Speaking of revolts... the Eurasia dispute should be starting too around this time too. based on what i read on the fansub. Sven and his teammates are being sent to Kirgiz which should be in China. based on the google i just did now
Eurasia dispute happen sometime after I believe... After the nuclear strike at PLANT and after the Atlantic Federation started recruiting everyone on Earth to face PLANT.

We're still at the Break the World aftermath, so unless there is a timeskip, we have some time to go.

Kirgiz = Kyrgyz = people of Kyrgyzstan (former Soviet republic) BTW.
Old 2006-07-16, 08:59   Link #63
Faroush

Damn, you google. but anyway...

Quote:
Eurasia dispute happen sometime after I believe... After the nuclear strike at PLANT and after the Atlantic Federation started recruiting everyone on Earth to face PLANT.
Yea, probally. it would be even possible that those insurgents attacking those EA facilities started igniting those revolts in Eurasia. anyway i can't recall the episode when the Minerva was being ask to go to Eurasia. i don't recall why exactly the people in Eurasia started to oppose EA's rule.
I just think that there's this possibility that those revolts already started before the nuke attacks on the PLANTS, because by the time when the Minerva was being asked to go to Eurasia. it's almost completely pacified already. it would be absurb that the dispute ended that fast. (unless EA is that much of a powerhouse especially with the help of some of the members of 81st independent mobile battalion)
but i'm trying to take account how long that would be. since during what is currently happening on SG when Sven was asked to sortie. Minerva should be either still on it's way to Orb or it just arrived at Orb so on and so forth... i don't think of small rebellion would end under a month's time or so. anyway it's a bad idea to convert the time there to real life days. there isn't much reference.
Faroush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 09:46   Link #64
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

it was a grate episode. what made my day besides how things unfolded was how
the zaku looked. It seemed so powerful, not just target practice meterial. I hope they keep the feel of the battle in all the episodes
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 10:38   Link #65
J_Ridden
Grunt Deluxe

^ which Zaku are you talking about? If it's the MS piloted by children then it's a Ginn...

Anyway, I think it was a good episode, except for Edmund's death, it was too predictable, they throw flashback scenes at us so we can get attached to the character, then he just dies... I really wasn't too affected but what can you expect from a 15 minutes episodes belonging to a 45 minutes OAV?
J_Ridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 13:02   Link #66
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

The preview for the next episode seems to feature the PROMO fight between Strike Noir and the GuAIZ/CGUE in the EA base.

I wonder if the Zaku and the Windam will get similar godzilla like appearences as the GINN Insurgent type(this episode flavour of GINN).
it would be funny seeing the EA/ZAFT soldiers go "OMFG WINDAM!!"
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 14:29   Link #67
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Awesome first episode. This is how SEED should be like. Dark and sinister. Just like war is. Not the shining hero story that we got in the second half of SEED and Destiny.

First half of SEED and this episode is the best CE has got to offer. No doubt about it.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 18:03   Link #68
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

This first episode of Stargazer really reminded me of some old UC goodness...The frantic unglorifying tone of the war was pretty damn good...The level of animation was brilliant aswell...The MS designs ran from gritty to gorgeous...The pilot of New Duel was one of dopest looking females characters I've ever seen in the C.E...So cute yet with a tuff aura...too bad it ends just when you're getting into it...And thank God no cameos to feed the clones(Normally I wouldn't mind this, but the C.E. is most devisive when it comes this, better we see no one from GSD)...

And I have a few questions aswell which I will ask later...mostly involving ZAFT's position in this OVA...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-07-16 at 18:18.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 00:30   Link #69
AoV

The first episode was a good one. It shows the state of Earth during and after the Break the World incident.

It was also nice to see new things in Stargazer, namely the animation style. The animation was nice and it looked mature to me.
AoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 10:12   Link #70
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
already watch the stage 1 (to late huh )
hmm the episode 1 was great but i can't believes that edmund was too fast died but he's done a nice job beated the mobile suit whose pilot was childrens???(i don't get it how can childrens pilot a MS???)

and i'm looking forward svenXselene
i like selene she's cool i think

fuh too bad this anime only 15 minutes
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 10:26   Link #71
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama
already watch the stage 1 (to late huh )
hmm the episode 1 was great but i can't believes that edmund was too fast died but he's done a nice job beated the mobile suit whose pilot was childrens???(i don't get it how can childrens pilot a MS???)
Their obviously coordinators to start off with.

Plus there's 3-4 of them. 1 for each joystick and the other for the main controls. As I mentioned before, it's amazing they survived until the final shot without wearing seatbelts while getting shot all over the place. Anyone whose been in a car accident would know.

Quote:

fuh too bad this anime only 15 minutes
Yeah sucks doesn't it? Maybe it'll follow the Clone Wars cartoon and eventually the story will be continued or extended to 30 minutes if this new concept proves popular.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 11:53   Link #72
Lotiman

Not a bad show but it doesn't fire me up like Gundam SEED does in 1st ep.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 12:09   Link #73
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Because it's too different from Gundam SEED in terms of feel.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 21:57   Link #74
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334

Note: I thought the world had suffered of an energy crisis a while ago during the NJ drop. So where the hell do they get so much fuel (for the shuttles and the spaceships' JATO rockets and fuel tanks) when it's supposed to be a rare resource? Biomass alternatives or imported from space?
The energy crisis was solved in seed when they got hold of the n-jammer canceler tech from flay.
________
Iolite Vaporizer

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 14:42.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 22:15   Link #75
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

He's talking about petroleum. Apparently way before the events of SEED, petroleum resources ran out so everyone eventually opted to Nuclear power and such. WHich was why when ZAFT launched it's NJ the Earth was devastated badly, if the same thing was done today, it wouldn't have much effect on us except for radio transmissions and the few people who relies on nuclear power.

A.D. Calendar As petroleum resources run out, and environmental pollution worsens, a worldwide economic collapse ensues. The world's nations form economic blocs, and the planet becomes divided into a handful of major powers.
Old 2006-07-18, 00:22   Link #76
cloudedge

just a speculation... but is it possible that the Zala extremists wasn't using Coordinator children but (kidnapped and trained) Natural's children in that Ginn...

It just seem to odd to me that coordinator group would use coordinator childrens for suicidal mission (not because of humane reason) but because coordinators already have the problem of birth rate declining and as such young children are actually valueable resource... wouldn't it make more sense to send in 1 older adult for a suicide mission than 4 children? or better yet, 4 natural children instead of a coordinator adult....
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 03:30   Link #77
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedge
just a speculation... but is it possible that the Zala extremists wasn't using Coordinator children but (kidnapped and trained) Natural's children in that Ginn...

It just seem to odd to me that coordinator group would use coordinator childrens for suicidal mission (not because of humane reason) but because coordinators already have the problem of birth rate declining and as such young children are actually valueable resource... wouldn't it make more sense to send in 1 older adult for a suicide mission than 4 children? or better yet, 4 natural children instead of a coordinator adult....
Since when is hateful suicide missions ever logical?

The kids WANT to kill Naturals. What makes you think the kids would accept the rejection and be unable to slaughter Naturals by the truckload? The Junius 7 drop would be when Naturals are the most vulnerable. What makes you think they want to hold back any of their forces at this critical time?
The kids were doing what they do because they want to.

This is NOT a PLANT organisation. This is a TERRORIST organisation. They don't give a damn about population growth.

And there is no way Natural kids could plot a Ginn.
Old 2006-07-18, 07:02   Link #78
Lotiman

The new gundam looks a bit dull. I prefer Strike Freedom. (With the background music) It ROCKS!!!
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 12:43   Link #79
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedge

Sorry but that's very unlikely.

Given the attack pattern of the GINN, it's obvious that it was attacking randomly at civilians. That's not a battle, that's massacre fueled by hatred. Given Junius 7, put 2 and 2 it's obvious their coordinators.

Besides, there's no way 3-4 natural kids can pilot a complicated war machine and be able to withstand being thrown around the cockpit when the unit gets hit.

Considering how effective that GINN fought, I was surprised to see that the pilots were kids. For that many pilots it requires effective coordination.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2006-07-18 at 15:12.
Old 2006-07-18, 16:43   Link #80
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
The conventional ground battle is pretty interesting to watch too. The Ginn managed to blow up a helicopter and several tanks before finally getting taken down by a destroyed leg. Kinda interesting that the huge linear cannon on the tanks can't penetrate the Ginn's armor easily, while ass the Freedom's railguns could blow through the armor like paper. Finally, some semi-realistic action!
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote