AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-22, 11:47   Link #221
cyber_end_dragon

the last episode

what does everyone think of the last episode? i found it quite disappointing. to me it seems like there should be a couple more episodes or a whole other season.
Old 2006-03-22, 13:44   Link #222
Neomang5
Bwahahahaha

Send a message via AIM to Neomang5
There is a movie. It's called "Conqueror of Shambala" and it should be out in english sometime around october, last I heard.
Old 2006-03-24, 23:38   Link #223
Akane

All I hatfa say it left me hanging n poooooor Ed v.v
Old 2006-04-20, 02:55   Link #224
ROYAI_FANGIRL

Send a message via AIM to ROYAI_FANGIRL Send a message via MSN to ROYAI_FANGIRL Send a message via Yahoo to ROYAI_FANGIRL
Question about Full Metal Alchemist Ep. 51 *SPOILERS*

Ok, so when you watch the battle, when Roy walked out before he fell, there were no clear or visible marks on his eye. When you watch the ending and the movie he had an eyepatch. Plus in the movie he said something about "Its all cost us something, for me, this eye."

Did anyone happen to catch what happened?
Old 2006-04-20, 03:02   Link #225
ROYAI_FANGIRL

Send a message via AIM to ROYAI_FANGIRL Send a message via MSN to ROYAI_FANGIRL Send a message via Yahoo to ROYAI_FANGIRL
Question about Full Metal Alchemist Ep. 51 *SPOILERS*

Ok, so when you watch the battle, when Roy walked out before he fell, there were no clear or visible marks on his eye. When you watch the ending and the movie he had an eyepatch. Plus in the movie he said something about "Its all cost us something, for me, this eye."

Old 2006-05-19, 17:17   Link #226
Soka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAI_FANGIRL

I think he wasn't injured in the fight, but in the crossfire between Archer and Riza...some poeple even say it was Riza the one that shoot him in the eye.

Anyway, I loved the end of the series, quite a tragic but cotidiane ending...it couldn't be more tragic, cause this series isn't about self-pity and complaining(and no matter what happens to Ed, he wouldn't cry or despair, and they have suffered enough)but it couldn't end on a happier note, cause what they're trying to accomplish has to take some retribution. So, I found it fitting.
Old 2006-06-15, 13:12   Link #227
zoro#1

this show rules
Old 2006-07-16, 19:45   Link #228
silvery_anne

Sorry if this is at the wrong place..

Btw, I just finished ep 51..and I still don't get why they didn't explain the reason after the alchemist saw the gate, the could do alchemy without drawing a circle anymore? And what is the "Truth" they're talking about?
Old 2006-07-18, 23:02   Link #229
randomlyanonymous

This isn't specifically about ep. 51, it's about the last few epsiodes.

I don't think what I'm going to say is a spoiler. THe thread is for people that have already seen ep. 51 so...

So who exactly is the "he" who feed and raised the humonculi (sp?)
I at first thought that it was Dante but it's a "he" the humonculi are referring to. Hohenheim? But he left Dante and Envy, that's why Dante raise the humonculi to help create the Philospher's shone. HOhenheim after creating the first humonculi ran away...so how could he have participating in creating more? He didn't want the philospher's stone anymore.

I don't think Dante and Hohenheim really fit for the ending. I didn't understand her explaination for using the philopher's stone to keep herself alive for centuries. She said that she was trying to protect foolish humans from abusing and destroying the stone...yet she was trying to create it! If she didin't try to create it adn the rumor was allowed to just die, then there would be no need to her to watch over "foolish humans" cause no one would attempt it. Plus people would only attempt it in extreme cases, extreme cases that Dante pushed the Humonculi to manipluate groups of people into. Did anyone understand her justification for all the tragedy she caused?

Those were just a few things I wanted to clear up. Thanks to anyone that will answer.
Old 2006-07-18, 23:10   Link #230
randomlyanonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvery_anne
Sorry if this is at the wrong place..

Btw, I just finished ep 51..and I still don't get why they didn't explain the reason after the alchemist saw the gate, the could do alchemy without drawing a circle anymore? And what is the "Truth" they're talking about?

I don't know if the movie would give you a better clue or not...
But, I think the "truth" ed refers to is the knowledge from the parallel world. Alchemists open the gate to the other world and receives special knowledge that even the alchemist themselves do not know exactly what that was passed through their mind but it gives them the ability to transmute without a circle. As explained, the people of the other world is what supply achemists with the energy to do a transmutation. The gate is within each person. The truth about the source of energy for alchemy I believe is revealed to those to open the gate, whether the achemists is aware of not. The first time the anime shows Ed remembering back to the gate, there was a series of pictures that flashed through his brain, information that Ed called the truth, I think there was pictures of our famous scientists in history and their theories (I don't recall specifically what).

Hoped that helped.
Old 2006-12-23, 21:36   Link #231
onepiecelover

I cant really say that I loved the ending, it was just too sad and unfulfiling. But thats the reason that people go watch the FMA alchemist movies.But I like FMA, a great series alltogether
Old 2007-02-26, 21:54   Link #232
foolonthehill

Alright....completely confused.

Just finished watching the series...and I'm sorry if these questions are 110% n00b and off base, but I'm just confused about so many different things. A million thanks to anyone who can answer them.

1. So Hohenheim was sent to our world by Dante right (at least in an indirect way)? How come the first time we see the real world (where Ed meets Hohenheim in London during WWII) Hohenheim is apparently well known - Churchill asks to see him, etc? Was he not just sent to that world recently by Dante? And if it was just someone who happens to look like Hohenheim, then why did he have Hohenheim's memories?

2. Why do we first see Hohenheim and Ed in London during WWII and then in Germany shortly after WWI....I'm very lost about this. From what I understand (which is not much) when Ed was about to die after getting crushed by the zeppelin, he crossed back over into the "Alchemy" world, but was forced to come back when ressurecting Al. But that doesnt explain why Hohenheim is in two different times and places in the real world.

3. This question I couldn't care less about - but what happened to Envy, Gluttony and Dante?

4. Getting back to the Alchemy world using a rocket...? Guess its up to Al to bring Ed back then hehe.
Old 2007-05-19, 18:34   Link #233
charizardpal
灼眼の

What does he say in Japanese?

You know the quote at the end of the episode where he says, "In those days we thought that was the one and only law...etc." what does he actually say in Japanese ?

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
Old 2007-05-28, 02:37   Link #234
Natsumeyashi Meiyo
. : メイヨ : .

Send a message via AIM to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via MSN to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Natsumeyashi Meiyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by foolonthehill View Post
Alright....completely confused.

Just finished watching the series...and I'm sorry if these questions are 110% n00b and off base, but I'm just confused about so many different things. A million thanks to anyone who can answer them.
Don't worry. Your questions are perfectly normal

Quote:
1. So Hohenheim was sent to our world by Dante right (at least in an indirect way)? How come the first time we see the real world (where Ed meets Hohenheim in London during WWII) Hohenheim is apparently well known - Churchill asks to see him, etc? Was he not just sent to that world recently by Dante? And if it was just someone who happens to look like Hohenheim, then why did he have Hohenheim's memories?
I think it's because both worlds are parallel to each other. Of every person in the Alchemy world there is a 'reflection' in the other world, and the other way around. The lives of those two people then would not differ much, for they are, in fact, the same.

Quote:
2. Why do we first see Hohenheim and Ed in London during WWII and then in Germany shortly after WWI....I'm very lost about this. From what I understand (which is not much) when Ed was about to die after getting crushed by the zeppelin, he crossed back over into the "Alchemy" world, but was forced to come back when ressurecting Al. But that doesnt explain why Hohenheim is in two different times and places in the real world.
If I'm not mistaking, the first time it was WWI as well...

*checks it in episode guide*

Spoiler for Yep... episode 50:

So WWI it is.

Spoiler for The movie clears it up as well:

And about Hohenheim being in two different times and places in the world. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Hohenheim doesnt have to die before the second world war begins, right? If you would go back in time now (nomatter which year), you're always there, younger or older, it doesn't matter. If (and then we stick to your WWI-WWII theory) Hohenheim would still be alive when the second World War starts, he would just be older, but Ed would still find him.

Quote:
3. This question I couldn't care less about - but what happened to Envy, Gluttony and Dante?
You should really watch the movie, if you want that question answered :P

Quote:
4. Getting back to the Alchemy world using a rocket...? Guess its up to Al to bring Ed back then hehe.
Not necessarily, but .... ditto answer to last question :P

Hope I helped you.

Last edited by Natsumeyashi Meiyo; 2007-05-28 at 04:55. Reason: adding facts
Old 2007-06-03, 23:06   Link #235
ka1n

Themes? Morals? Anything?

Well, I just finished the series. Watched the whole thing via Netflix after my brother swore to me that it was so wonderful. I admit that I enjoyed the series, but I gotta say I just don't feel all that impressed by it. There were so many goofy things that happened. Characters are always going on pointless tirades -- blurting out the story just in case the viewer is too stupid/lazy to try to figure it out on their own. And seriously, did they really have to shove that equivalent exchange stuff down our throats like that? I understand it was the central theme of the series, but if I hear that damn phrase one more time I think I'll explode.

I only read the first 3 and the last pages of this thread. I heard a lot of people saying 'oh I really liked the ending blah blah blah', but I don't hear anyone talking about the underlying themes. What morals are they trying to get across? What are we supposed to have learned? What was the motivation of the villans? Are we really supposed to be satisfied with the idea that they merely wanted to live forever? Why did they want to live forever? And what about the homunculus? They had memories of their 'real selves'. So...do they have souls or not? The general concensus seems to be that they do not have souls...but then how do they have those memories? Also, supposedly the reason they can't perform alchemy is because they lack a soul (and thus the 'mini-gate' within), but then how can Wrath do it? He has Ed's limbs...so do the limbs have part of Ed's soul in them? Cmon people let's get into the deep stuff here!

Anyway, I'd like to reiterate that I enjoyed the series. I know, especially from my first paragraph, it might sound like I did not. It was a very enjoyable experience, but there were constant feelings of "oh gawd...wtf was that" along the way.

Last edited by ka1n; 2007-06-04 at 09:47.
Old 2007-11-21, 16:41   Link #236
WinterSerenade

I cried at the ending
Spoiler for ep 51:
Old 2007-11-23, 14:30   Link #237
Shiiy

Send a message via MSN to Shiiy
i think the ending is pretty sad, i hope ed be in that world
Old 2007-12-05, 08:59   Link #238
johanath

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, I couldn't find another approprpriate thread to ask the following question:

I've not yet watched this series. I am uncertain whether the English subbed or the dubbed version is better? Please give me your reasons! I'd be eternally grateful!!!
Old 2007-12-05, 20:23   Link #239
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanath View Post
I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, I couldn't find another approprpriate thread to ask the following question:

I've not yet watched this series. I am uncertain whether the English subbed or the dubbed version is better? Please give me your reasons! I'd be eternally grateful!!!
I've seen both, just for the heck of it, and I think they are equally good, which is rare for most anime. Usually, the japanese subbed version is better, but I personally liked the english voice actors for the series a whole lot, since i felt the english dub was very well done. It's a matter of personal choice, really.
Old 2007-12-06, 01:36   Link #240
johanath

Thank you for the reply! I had a quick browse through Youtube and thought the english voice actors weren't bad either - do you end up missing any 'Japanese jokes/puns', etc. through the english version that you'd normally expect through the Japanese ones?
Closed Thread