AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-03-09, 23:52   Link #8281
zezegui222
A simple man

Nice illustration. I'm surprised, Pochi and Tama aren't holding a piece of meat '-'
Mia is the most beautiful in my opinion in this illustration [I ain't a lolicon, I swear]
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 02:48   Link #8282
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

no no no there something missing...
where is pink mantle for tama

she supposed to be a ninja

other than that is all good
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 09:17   Link #8283
Vocah

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezegui222 View Post
Nice illustration. I'm surprised, Pochi and Tama aren't holding a piece of meat '-'
Mia is the most beautiful in my opinion in this illustration [I ain't a lolicon, I swear]
Isn't this because of some stupid joke with snacks on trips and bananas not being snacks?
Vocah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 11:36   Link #8284
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Dog head demon lord is way more dandy than what i first thought... what is he? Kaito kid lupin 3
Old 2018-03-10, 14:54   Link #8285
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Gnununu

Death March ep 9 is the only anime I haven't watched in this week updates

Already knowing the story is shaving my will to watch too much

Brb forcing myself to watch

Edit : Oh, it's actually great episode~
The fight scene and the fireshot sequence were great
But it seems Satoo was enrolled in the Prometheus' school of running away from things in straight line lol

Last edited by wuhugm; 2018-03-10 at 15:20.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 22:10   Link #8286
medassin

ninja tama here

btw, with 2 wn vol 10+11, author can rewrite 4 vol ln (10+11+12+13), so this serie can pass over 20 vol.
Old 2018-03-11, 01:39   Link #8287
dragon1412

The WN isn't even over yet, i thinks talking about vols count is still too early
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-11, 09:18   Link #8288
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by medassin View Post
ninja tama here

btw, with 2 wn vol 10+11, author can rewrite 4 vol ln (10+11+12+13), so this serie can pass over 20 vol.
Yeiiii ninja tama is here...

And even after vol 13 yuika picture never exist everywhere

Did this is somekind of foreshadowing event?

No ban hellshing
No armor
No mummy king....
Old 2018-03-11, 19:23   Link #8289
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I am a little surprised about Ninja Tama... for some reason I always envisioned a super eye-catching, bright, strong pink color with the entire ninja custome being in that color. But the image has a color that actually seems suitable for a ninja, a rather pale and restrained pink color with many parts being in black, red, white and beige colors... it's not bad, actually it's better that way, since Tama is spared from retroactive ultimate embarrassment when remembering the suit 10 years later, but still, it's just so different from what I imagined.

I wonder why I thought that Satou would give her such a suit though... maybe because I thought that Satou would view bright pink as "fitting" for a young female child or something.
Old 2018-03-11, 21:01   Link #8290
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!

Kyaaaa~~!!!!! Tama-chan Kawaii~!!!!! I need to have a it as a plushy~! Also the ninja outfit fits super good on tama-chan~!
Alisa~Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-11, 23:37   Link #8291
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

^the one that design it is arisa... not sugar
and the pink part of course because she is a kunoichi

--'
I accidentaly found the raw of death march prequel
About arisa before she meet sugar and lulu
In some raw source

Last edited by mastermind3342; 2018-03-12 at 00:19. Reason: Edit
Old 2018-03-12, 02:51   Link #8292
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Team Golden Knight.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Putting ribbons on metal armor Satou? I mean it's cute an all but...

Quote:
ninja tama here

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'm more of Pochi fan but.... a cat is fine too.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 17:49   Link #8293
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

WN ch. 16-39

Why do I have this inkling feeling that many years into the future the meeting at the bridge will be known in history books as the great moment of inspiration, in which the founder of the greatest confectionery shop in the world, who used to be a guard in the capital city and was once found guilty of stalking, had decided to open up a confectionery shop, one that strongly focuses on Donuts.

The history books will also include a comment of that founder, whose Donuts would later be known as the second greatest of the world. And the reason why it's only the second best and not the best would be due to the comment itself:

"Even though people praise my Donuts to the heavens, the truth is that I just cannot imagine them ever getting close to the unfathomably godly taste of the Donuts I ate on that day on that bridge. I truly regret that I missed my chance to ask the - at that time - Earl Pendragon to tell me who baked them. I'd really like to eat those Donuts just one more time and, if possible, receive lessons on their creation".

Most historians speculated about the identity of the one who created those Donuts that inspired the legendary confectionery shop's founder. Most historians agree that it was most likely done by the Demon Slayer's attendant, the famous "Maid of Guns and Knives", whose dishes have have been world-famous and whose recipies have been escpacially popular among women who wanted their fat to grow in a much higher part of their body than usual, to the point that the amount of flat-chested girls, escpacially in the area around Shiga Kingdom, strongly declined over the decades. But that's a story for another time.
Old 2018-03-13, 02:19   Link #8294
medassin

well, we go to vol3.

Spoiler for ep 10:
Old 2018-03-13, 03:40   Link #8295
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
The thing is, due to the "cultural differences", Satou's character seems off to Western fans, but I have the suspicion that the Japanese are regarding him a bit differently.
What sort of cultural difference would that be, and how would it be received by the Japanese?

Off is an understatement; the Western reviewers on ANN hold a deep hatred of Death March and endlessly pick and trash each episode in all their reviews (Apparently they didn't even want to touch it at all, but their fans voted they review it).

The source likely has its faults, and some source worldbuilding stuff giving background for character actions are missing, but the deep-seated bias is apparent when the reviewers did a "What went Wrong with Death March" article.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/thi...-03-06/.128596

The complaints they made was it was "lazy, boring, no stakes, loli-pandering,can't commit to being chill SOL or fun action fantasy, skips compelling questions about living a new otherworldly life/Arisa's past in favour of empty monologues and Satou-worship, etc."

I know ANN didn't like Isekai Smartphone as well, but that show's weekly reviews were less severe than the trashing they give Death March.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 03:52   Link #8296
RDNexus

One series of such kind must have been enough to turn their stomachs upside-down, and now having been pushed into stomaching a second one?
That may be the result
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 05:57   Link #8297
tuckersister

Can Vol 3 be finished three episodes (should of be a 13ep season)?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 07:57   Link #8298
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
What sort of cultural difference would that be, and how would it be received by the Japanese?

Off is an understatement; the Western reviewers on ANN hold a deep hatred of Death March and endlessly pick and trash each episode in all their reviews (Apparently they didn't even want to touch it at all, but their fans voted they review it).

The source likely has its faults, and some source worldbuilding stuff giving background for character actions are missing, but the deep-seated bias is apparent when the reviewers did a "What went Wrong with Death March" article.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/thi...-03-06/.128596

The complaints they made was it was "lazy, boring, no stakes, loli-pandering,can't commit to being chill SOL or fun action fantasy, skips compelling questions about living a new otherworldly life/Arisa's past in favour of empty monologues and Satou-worship, etc."

I know ANN didn't like Isekai Smartphone as well, but that show's weekly reviews were less severe than the trashing they give Death March.
"cultural differences" means things like the corporate slave mentality as well as the whole deal of always being extremely polite no matter what you do.

I never was in Japan but these two things are what Japanese adults are generally known for. Satou is just embodying those behaviours, but it seems the reviewer don't have a single clue about it, despite supposedly being oh so "professional".

As for the rest: There is an easy explanation for why Death March is being treated so badly by the reviewers - and others.

It's something known as the "principle of commitment and consistency" and it goes as follows:

Upfront: it's isekai smartphone's fault. If that didn't air so shortly before Death March, people's opinions about Death March might be entirely different.

Many people seemed to have the prejudice that Death March would end up being being isekai smartphone 2.0 - a generic self-insert wish-fulfillment harem isekai. They got completely convinced of it and perhaps even stated in public (forum/site/blog) that they think so.

Then came EP1 - it didn't help that the game elements were left completely untranslated. Things like the MC becoming OP and saving a girl was seen as confirmation that it would be like isekai smartphone and the initial confusion about how he got to lvl 310 didn't help either. Now they, once again in public (forums/site/blog), stated that it was a "generic wish-fulfillment harem isekai".

Then all the other Death March episodes rolled in where Satou showed behaviour very different from Touya from isekai smartphone and currently we can witness a very unusual phenomenon: The people who critisized it for being like isekai smartphone now seem to be angry about Death March NOT being like isekai smartphone, while, at the same time, still continueing to complain about Death March being like isekai smartphone. It's contradictory, isn't it? But it still happens and the people involved didn't even notice.

If you browse the forums you might notice posts like the following: "this show is such a generic wish-fulfillment harem isekai! And Satou is such a dull character who hides his power instead of revealing it! That so dull and boring!"

As you see it's first reaffirmation of the long-standing claims they made followed by contradictory "add-ons" that make no sense together with the initial claims. The "dull and boring" complain is directly contradicting the "wish-fulfillment" complain. And yet they still do it and probably don't notice.

Is this because those people are all just stupid or because they all have shit taste? Well I won't rule that out, but it's probably due to the afforementioned "principle of commitment and consistency".

That principle says that once someone admits something in public (or forums/sites/blogs) they will more likely than not, stick to it, escpacially if they reaffirm it many times over. Then no matter what kind of contradictory physical evidence appears, they'll continue to stick to it. (You might have noticed similar things in politics of various countries) At some point it even gets to the extreme where people views can become completely twisted, where they get angry at something for not meeting their negative expectations, even though it would have normally been seen as an "improvement" to them otherwise.

In this case what people are actually trying to be consistent about is, even more so than the "generic wish-fulfillment harem isekai" claim, the initial evaluation of the show of being "trash". Since that has the highest priority, people just go around making claims that are contradictory, just so that they, in public, seem consistent about it being trash.

Likewise, people who are live-reacting to it rather than just reviewing it seem to be much more positive about the series because they have admitted to the "public" about liking certain scenes or finding them quite funny, so they cannot badmouth the series afterwards, though most people didn't quite like EP1 so that dampened the effect a bit, resulting in most live-reactionists viewing it as at least "average" up to "quite good".

tl;dr: People who were convinced that Death March would be "trashlike" isekai smartphone 2.0 still are thinking so, while being angry about the parts that contradict that view.

For more details about the "principle of commitment and consistency" I recommend people to read the book "Influence" by Robert Cialdini.
Old 2018-03-13, 08:07   Link #8299
wuhugm
Confused Shark

From that ANN article :
"Arisa is somehow both the best and worst character in the show. She's the worst because, well

"But she's the best because she's literally the only character besides Satou who expresses any personality, even if that personality is that she wants to bang Satou, I guess."

Lol~ Damn right~

To be fair, Death March > Smartphone
By far

Also :
"For all the time World March to the Rhapsody Death Parallel spends on day-to-day happenings, we really don't have much sense of the people who inhabit the world, their daily struggles, or anything beyond Seiryuu. Instead we spend every minute inside Satoo's redundant internal monologue and god I could not care less what he's thinking."
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 08:23   Link #8300
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
From that ANN article :
"Arisa is somehow both the best and worst character in the show. She's the worst because, well
[-img-]https://i.imgur.com/aqwvOZX.jpg[-/img-]
"But she's the best because she's literally the only character besides Satou who expresses any personality, even if that personality is that she wants to bang Satou, I guess."
BS. Those points should be "balancing each other out". The twisted and contradictory evaluation they use here only supports the point I made in the above post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Also :
"For all the time World March to the Rhapsody Death Parallel spends on day-to-day happenings, we really don't have much sense of the people who inhabit the world, their daily struggles, or anything beyond Seiryuu. Instead we spend every minute inside Satoo's redundant internal monologue and god I could not care less what he's thinking."
Where does that reviewer live? In some safe space at an anarchic "university" in the US? It sounds like that person, for the first time in their life, discovered the quite common "first-person storytelling". Seriously~

Tags
adapted to anime, adapted to ln, adapted to manga, anti-romance mc, beastgirl, cooking, fake harem, generic mc, harem, heretic mc, isekai, op mc, rpg-like character, slavery, touring