AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Kaname vs. Tessa
Kaname 472 57.07%
Tessa 355 42.93%
Voters: 827. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-20, 23:16   Link #121
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7
I don't think that is how it works. Kaname is a very good student. Tessa (and her brother) literally is a genius. I think with the whispered, they have a connection with any and every psychi at a very deep level, and can not really be accessed at will. But they are an outlet for other ideas and psychic energy, and of course, terrorist scum found out you can get theories and ideas from these people that can be applied to advanced weapons technology.
Actually, the novel equivalent of TSR mentioned that Chidori had to hold herself back during mathematics, chemistry and physics exams. The Whispered ability has started leaking out of her at the time of TSR, and Chidori has to be careful not to answer exam questions in a manner that is above the level of a high school student. She is now not wiling to tell her classmates about her exam scores; the jump is too unnatural.
Old 2006-06-21, 00:14   Link #122
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Hmm, but that sounds like whispered abilities happening uncontrollably, not her simply being a genius.
Old 2006-06-21, 12:02   Link #123
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7
Hmm, but that sounds like whispered abilities happening uncontrollably, not her simply being a genius.
It's not an "ability". Chidori had simply obtained massive boosts on her understanding on chemistry, physics, and quantum mechanics. Give her a piece of paper and pen, and she could probably design an ArmSlave endoskeleton. A Whispered possess telepathic powers with each other, and they each also have a piece of unique knowledge no other Whispered possess (That's why Whispered are being captured and interrogated; they each know 1 special technology that are beyond normal science, like the lambda driver). But otherwise the boost in brainpower is universal across all Whispered, and not classified as an ability.

Trust me. She is now qualified as a genius; at least, as much as Tessa or her brother.
Old 2006-06-21, 16:30   Link #124
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

That's interesting, then. Makes you wish you could have that happen to you, kinda, like learn how to speak Japanese fluently in a matter of a short time.
Old 2006-06-21, 22:00   Link #125
Tabris

That's a good point. As her abilities start to manifest, such a jump in grades would seem a little unreal. Examiners and her school would suspect her of cheating or something. Then again, what's real about FMP?

Anyways, Tessa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>> Kanami
Old 2006-07-18, 12:21   Link #126
mt888

kanme is so hot and f.... sexy but she is in control (i don't like that about women).
on the other hand tessa is so cute and hot and of course innocent (that is the sexiest shit) but she knows how to get down to business. i think i'll go with tessa. (man, i wish she was real)
Old 2006-07-18, 17:42   Link #127
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt888
kanme is so hot and f.... sexy but she is in control (i don't like that about women).
on the other hand tessa is so cute and hot and of course innocent (that is the sexiest shit) but she knows how to get down to business. i think i'll go with tessa. (man, i wish she was real)
I don't believe Tessa is more innocent than Chidori. Check out the swimming pool scene in Fumoffu. Chidori has her moments of being vulnerable (just like Tessa) and expects Sousuke to save her.

I don't believe she's controlling. She's just a very outgoing person that's a bit aggressive.
Old 2006-07-18, 18:47   Link #128
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt888
I like that, as long as they don't try to control me too much. Kaname all the way, Tessa's a pale wimp comparatively.
Old 2006-07-20, 14:11   Link #129
gencbiba

I love Kaname... Lol... Reason being that she is just the most beautiful anime character I have encountered so far. Her long blueish hair gives me goosebumps. As far as her being controlling, that's just a turn on. She isn't controlling up to the point of choosing everything for you but just when you make mistakes she tries to fix them up by beating the shit outa you.

Tessa imo is too weak and manipulative. She is responsible for relocating Sousuke in TSR. She thinks he is hers to control along with his special abilities to use the Arbalest. Like Sousuke says, "I don't remember selling my soul to Mithril." Those kind of women don't really appeal to me.

I personally would love to have someone like Kaname around. She is just so cute that it can't be put into words. However, the turn-off about Kaname is that she never reveals her true feelings to Sousuke. In TSR we see that she almost does but goes on to say that she loses her determination after one day. I would have really hoped to see her at least hug Sousuke in the end. If you think about it, she never actually hugs him and he doesn't really hug her.

Besides that, Kaname is just a blue-haired Goddess. Whenever she cries she is really cute... Lol... Anyways, I think that sends out my opinion.
Old 2006-07-20, 14:15   Link #130
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
I love Kaname... Lol... Reason being that she is just the most beautiful anime character I have encountered so far. Her long blueish hair gives me goosebumps. As far as her being controlling, that's just a turn on. She isn't controlling up to the point of choosing everything for you but just when you make mistakes she tries to fix them up by beating the shit outa you.

Tessa imo is too weak and manipulative. She is responsible for relocating Sousuke in TSR. She thinks he is hers to control along with his special abilities to use the Arbalest. Like Sousuke says, "I don't remember selling my soul to Mithril." Those kind of women don't really appeal to me.

I personally would love to have someone like Kaname around. She is just so cute that it can't be put into words. However, the turn-off about Kaname is that she never reveals her true feelings to Sousuke. In TSR we see that she almost does but goes on to say that she loses her determination after one day. I would have really hoped to see her at least hug Sousuke in the end. If you think about it, she never actually hugs him and he doesn't really hug her.

Besides that, Kaname is just a blue-haired Goddess. Whenever she cries she is really cute... Lol... Anyways, I think that sends out my opinion.
Have a cookie. *hands gencbiba a cookie* That's the way I was thinking but I couldn't put it into words.
Old 2006-07-20, 14:23   Link #131
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Kaname puts up a stong front, but is actually weak on the inside. Tessa looks weak on the outside, but truely has a strong personality.

That's why Kaname needs Sousuke and Tessa doesn't, imho.
Old 2006-07-20, 14:27   Link #132
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota
Kaname puts up a stong front, but is actually weak on the inside. Tessa looks weak on the outside, but truely has a strong personality.

That's why Kaname needs Sousuke and Tessa doesn't, imho.
Tessa comes across as a needy person to me. She is pretty much all over Sousuke.
Old 2006-07-20, 20:03   Link #133
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

That's how she acts, but she's badass when she needs to be, mark my words. She's gonna go postal with the TDD-1 after Amalgam pwns the island base, and just about every other Mithril base.

Get ready for a killing-spree, maybe even a wargasm.
Old 2006-07-21, 12:14   Link #134
gencbiba

Kaname is stronger on the inside than Tessa. Who was it in TSR that was able to find Wraith and survive? Not only did Kaname use her physical strength, but without her mental prowess she would not have been able to do so.

If need be, Kaname is able to fend for herself as seen in TSR. Tessa lets her personal feelings get in the way too much and that is her weakness. Ultimately, the only reason Kaname seems as if she needs Sousuke is because she doesn't have the duty of controlling a submarine and she isn't protected by hundreds of professional soldiers. If Tessa was put outside of her role, you would see she would not be able to survive as effectively as Kaname has without Sousuke.

Kaname doesn't need Sousuke but rather loves him so she does not want to be seperated. Tessa knows she's been beat.
Old 2006-07-21, 14:34   Link #135
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

I'm not going to argue that, because you're essentially right.

But perhaps they're both equally strong and intelligent, when it comes down to the bar. They're both hyper-intelligent Whispereds. Sure, Tessa is a little paler and weaker from being underwater and in a chair all day, but I wouldn't completely count her out. I think she might be a little bit more scary when pissed off than Kaname. We've seen Kaname pissed off countless times, but not so much with Tessa. I'm just waiting for her to bust out and lay the beatdown on Amalgam.

I did vote Kaname, btw. Tessa's a little bit more fun to analyze though, lol.
Old 2006-07-22, 13:11   Link #136
mt888

it was shown that tessa is more deadly then kaname when pissed in the novel COMO. kaname can scare the shit out of u but tessa is willing to do things that kaname cold never do, like killing someone.
Old 2006-07-30, 03:03   Link #137
gencbiba

Hmm... More people need to post!! Almost 200 people posted but over 7000 have viewed! What's up with that?

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2006-07-30, 10:28   Link #138
masterwok

there is nothing to post
Old 2006-07-30, 21:21   Link #139
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Then stop posting.

...Whoops, I'm a hypocrite.

EDIT: Vallen Chaos Valiant, I love Masamune Shirow. Good avatar, though it's kinda small.
Old 2006-08-04, 23:40   Link #140
gencbiba

I guess the topic is closed now eh? Kaname is the goddess and all Tessa will ever amount to is her servant. Us Kaname fans can all rest easy now!

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Closed Thread