AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-03-22, 14:40   Link #741
AzazelDxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Yeah he did. Zekram really doesn't care which devils get the position of Maou as long as they're strong and charismatic. He largely cares about his own house and ruling the Underworld from the shadows. He doesm't really care who runs the Underworld on the surface. They're merely symbols to him that the devils of the Underworld can look up to.

And it's the HEAVENLY DRAGONS not the Celestial Dragons.
My mistake... Celestial Breasts fault..
AzazelDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 14:59   Link #742
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The "Shin" in "Shin High School DxD" means "true".

Zekram did suggest to Ise that he should become a Maou, but now he added the condition of him and Vali having to make it into the Top 4 in the tournament before they can be considered Maou candidates officially. This is from the chapter "Secret Talks" in Volume 24 if I read the correct spoiler.

Of course, Grayfia, Sirzechs, Azazel and Ajuka also want Ise and Vali to become Maou (not sure if Grayfia also wants Vali to be one, though).

Edit: One post late.
@AzazelDxD: Still, it's "12 Heavenly Breasts".
Old 2018-03-22, 15:08   Link #743
Lucidrago

Really I thought that was Sirzechs that wanted them to be in the Final 4 to be eligible. Don't remember anything about Volume 24 that had Zekram talking about it(from the spoilers).

And is Kanzaki competing in the tournament? Or am I mistaken?

And I feel like one of these new Longinus possessors is the Extra Joker. Unless Lint turns out to be the Extra Joker.

Azazel's going to flip once he hears there are 5 new Longinus.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 15:14   Link #744
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Bennia Lover or someone else told us about it on the High School DxD Universe Discord server if I recall correctly (the thing about Zekram). He must've heard it from a reliable source.

I don't remember if Kanzaki's competing or not.

Would be interesting if one of them or Lint is the Extra Joker.

Yeah, he will. Though he may have already been expecting. He did already predict that Gasper's Sacred Gear would evolve into a Longinus.
Old 2018-03-22, 15:23   Link #745
Lucidrago

I mean for other unknown Longinus to pop up out of nowhere. He was shocked just seeing the True Longinus in front of him in Volume 9. So 4 new Longinus popping up at random so suddenly is going to blow his mind.

It's not the fact that they've showed up. It's the fact that they came out of nowhere with no knowledge about them.
Old 2018-03-22, 15:28   Link #746
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

IIRC Azazel did say it wouldn't be weird if a 14th or even a 15th Longinus to appear later on.
Old 2018-03-22, 15:32   Link #747
thefreakmike

Makes me wonder if even more Longinus may appear 30 years from here on now (30y in-universe, obviously)
Old 2018-03-22, 15:40   Link #748
Royalknightftw

Quote:
I mean for other unknown Longinus to pop up out of nowhere. He was shocked just seeing the True Longinus in front of him in Volume 9. So 4 new Longinus popping up at random so suddenly is going to blow his mind.

It's not the fact that they've showed up. It's the fact that they came out of nowhere with no knowledge about them.
My guess is, since the tournament is filled with a lot of God class beings, some of the SGs might evolve into Longinus due to the pressure of encountering them. Azazel back in vol16 said that more Longinus will be borned and it's also kinda hard to monitor all of SG users since the system created by God is not working properly.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 15:52   Link #749
Sekiryuu12
God Member

Quote:

And is Kanzaki competing in the tournament? Or am I mistaken?
No, he's not participating.
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 16:31   Link #750
godz

now that ddraig is capable of manifesting ... is it a good time to revive the Ddraig x tiamat?
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 17:47   Link #751
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Yes I did say that stuff about Zekram. Got it straight from the from jp wiki.
スキャンダルの露呈で影響力を失いつつあるが、取り巻きたちと共に未だにイッセーの魔王就任に対して異議を 唱え続けている。
Edit: Nevermind this isn't about the Top 4 thing, but it's about Zekram's objection due to losing influence.

This right here says Issei must get in the Top 4 though no mention of Zekram on either Issei's or his own section (probably the info was just not put in):
「アザゼル杯」でベスト4以上に入れば魔王に推薦されることが検討されており、サーゼクスからは「七大魔王 」の8枠目としてドラゴンとも同一視されることのある「サタン」を襲名することを提案され「真紅の魔王(ク リムゾン・サタン)」を継承してもらいたいと思われている。

Last edited by Bennia Lover; 2018-03-22 at 18:00.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 19:23   Link #752
Le Fay

Conversation between Tobio and Ajuka.
Spoiler for Transcendental reason:
Le Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 19:42   Link #753
Lord Kai

Why is it that the old devils (First head and his supporters) are against Issei and Vali being a Maou?
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 20:32   Link #754
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fay View Post
Conversation between Tobio and Ajuka.
Spoiler for Transcendental reason:
very interesting, they really esteem issei and vali ... to the point of considering them the most influential characters in the future in the supernatural world of dxd.
Old 2018-03-22, 20:45   Link #755
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kai View Post
Why is it that the old devils (First head and his supporters) are against Issei and Vali being a Maou?
Zekrum Bael, the First Head of Bael is supportive of Issei becoming Maou, the opinions of other devils are not really important

as for vali is likely due to his affiliation with khaos brigade and the fact that he is a half devil which causes vali to be viewed as lesser devil than even a reincarnated devil
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 20:55   Link #756
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Zekrum Bael, the First Head of Bael is supportive of Issei becoming Maou, the opinions of other devils are not really important

as for vali is likely due to his affiliation with khaos brigade and the fact that he is a half devil which causes vali to be viewed as lesser devil than even a reincarnated devil
I do not know why that prejudice against Vali, since he comes straight out of Lucifer's lineage and is capable of being reborn the lineage of the first original demon king.
Old 2018-03-22, 21:24   Link #757
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kai View Post
Because they aren't pure blooded devils. Zekrum doesn't care since he sees the Maous as just figureheads but many old devils want to see only pure blooded devils in the positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
I do not know why that prejudice against Vali, since he comes straight out of Lucifer's lineage and is capable of being reborn the lineage of the first original demon king.
Because he is a half breed. Sairaorg has many "extinct houses" in his peerage that are only extinct because the pure blood factions refuse to acknowledge them because of their human sides.
Old 2018-03-22, 23:51   Link #758
Lucidrago

Well mainly because their houses went 'extinct' because they went bankrupt during the war(wars cost money) and they couldn't sustain their houses, so they fled to the human world and breeded with humans to continue their lines. And because Sirzechs and the others regret not being to help out these houses in their time of need during the war, they are trying to find these half-blood descendants of the extinct 72 Pillars who are living in the human world. So really they're only nobles in NAME only.

And Vali's not even under the jurisdiction of the Underworld unless he accepted that offer(Ultimate-class devil promotion).

Unless they have someone better to propel to Maou, they have little argument against them if they decide to become Maou. Like Lord Bael had little argument against Sairaorg after he defeated Magdaran. And thus became heir again. I'm sure that Lord Bael could have still disowned Sairaorg, but how would the other houses look at him for disowning someone that strong? So out of pride, he had to accept.
Old 2018-03-23, 01:46   Link #759
Brawlre

Yes vali accepted it he has the certificate to prove it

Last edited by Brawlre; 2018-03-23 at 01:46. Reason: Misspell
Brawlre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 04:33   Link #760
Vergil Lucifer
Dragon God

Quote:
Just some deluded hopefuls that just want Issei to have sex.
This Tuesday was broadcast on Nico-Nico where were Ishibumi and Ai Kakuma (Rosswiesse voice actor) + Minami (Le Fay voice actor) where Ishibumi is mention that he wanted to made relationships between Ise and girls "older" but in that case DxD could turn into 21+ series
Vergil Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote