AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-04-26, 19:11   Link #13421
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonEye View Post
Thanks for the summary AP24! Damn, if Kurono became a Desperado, she would for sure be a monster! Stoping time like that is really OP. But, I don't know about Kurono not being gentle and all that because of Nene, she just said that during a serious fight, there should be no simpathy towards her opponent, and I kinda agree with that.

I just loved that she puts her gun in Nene's mouth while pulling her hair, and then pulls the trigger, that was brutal and awesome!
I mean, Kurono tried to check on her once it seemed like she was bleeding badly and even tried to convince her to surrender earlier in the fight. It's only after Nene took advantage of her generosity that she really got dangerous. Honestly it seems like Nene actually taught her something in a weird way.
Old 2018-04-26, 19:47   Link #13422
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kai View Post
Lol Nene was wrecked. Kurono's ability is ridiculously hax. With her broken ability it make me wonder how was she afraid or Edelweiss.
Well Kurono was trying to avoid becoming a Desperado maybe she was worried that fighting Edelweiss may force her to take that step.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 20:48   Link #13423
longdaica09vna

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well Kurono was trying to avoid becoming a Desperado maybe she was worried that fighting Edelweiss may force her to take that step.
Or maybe Eldelweiss is too fast for her to stop time
longdaica09vna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 07:16   Link #13424
Rosiero

Well, Desperados can do basically anything at this point. Stopping time probably wouldn't help.
Rosiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 08:01   Link #13425
Vinkin

I think kurono just slow the time. so it felt like time stop.
Vinkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 14:08   Link #13426
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Desperados stand outside of fate, and they can also bend fate. Unless a non-Desperado fighting a Desperado has a strong enough will to resist a Desperado's ability to control fate, the Desperado will most likely win. Kurono is not a Desperado. She knows about that, and that may have been why she was afraid of Edelweisse. Though Nene, another Desperado, was also afraid of her (maybe because Edelweisse is too powerful for her?).

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2018-04-28 at 12:11.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 06:12   Link #13427
Rosiero

I just think Desperados fail as a narrative concept so badly, at least as of volume 12, that you can't make any educated guesses about what will happen with them beyond "what the author wants will happen."

When Ikki had his Brute Soul, it made a lot of sense thematically--having followed him all this time, it's very believable that he had indeed reached the utmost limit of what he was capable of, something far beyond what most human beings would have the willpower/insanity to get to. Then he had a spiritual epiphany (realizing that it's actually all about him not wanting to lose Stella) and bam. It was like a take on Super Saiyans, giving it a deeper reason and immediately building in a reason why not just anyone can do it.

Then suddenly we have Edelweiss saying only a Desperado can beat a Desperado--essentially locking out anyone who isn't a Desperado from ever being relevant again, which plays into the two biggest problems with a powerup like Super Saiyan. And then Stella, who we've been told over and over has these insane magic reserves and is already potentially one of the most powerful Blazers alive, has to fight this character we barely know and gets brickwalled into having her own spiritual epiphany that comes the hell out of nowhere... after constantly getting up again from blows she has no business getting up from. So basically, if you just have enough willpower, you can overcome that wall.

Essentially, from that point on, the criteria for becoming a Desperado is shattered from a narrative standpoint. Since Stella can just do it if the plot requires it, what's stopping anyone else from achieving the same thing if it's convenient? When we go back to Japan, are people like Touka and Moroboshi going to achieve it so they can remain in the story, as long as the author comes up with a big sports anime motivation for them? Shit, Moroboshi already had one, why didn't he become a Desperado looking back? It's all just so meaningless.

And now we have Naseem and Nene with their demon forms, which I actually find interesting and thematically fits with the whole idea of unlocking more power in a self-destructive way, which has been there from the start of the series. But why now? We've barely had time to really see what Desperados can do and now we're already going beyond that? Super Saiyan 2?
Old 2018-04-28, 08:20   Link #13428
DragonEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiero View Post
I just think Desperados fail as a narrative concept so badly, at least as of volume 12, that you can't make any educated guesses about what will happen with them beyond "what the author wants will happen."

When Ikki had his Brute Soul, it made a lot of sense thematically--having followed him all this time, it's very believable that he had indeed reached the utmost limit of what he was capable of, something far beyond what most human beings would have the willpower/insanity to get to. Then he had a spiritual epiphany (realizing that it's actually all about him not wanting to lose Stella) and bam. It was like a take on Super Saiyans, giving it a deeper reason and immediately building in a reason why not just anyone can do it.

Then suddenly we have Edelweiss saying only a Desperado can beat a Desperado--essentially locking out anyone who isn't a Desperado from ever being relevant again, which plays into the two biggest problems with a powerup like Super Saiyan. And then Stella, who we've been told over and over has these insane magic reserves and is already potentially one of the most powerful Blazers alive, has to fight this character we barely know and gets brickwalled into having her own spiritual epiphany that comes the hell out of nowhere... after constantly getting up again from blows she has no business getting up from. So basically, if you just have enough willpower, you can overcome that wall.

Essentially, from that point on, the criteria for becoming a Desperado is shattered from a narrative standpoint. Since Stella can just do it if the plot requires it, what's stopping anyone else from achieving the same thing if it's convenient? When we go back to Japan, are people like Touka and Moroboshi going to achieve it so they can remain in the story, as long as the author comes up with a big sports anime motivation for them? Shit, Moroboshi already had one, why didn't he become a Desperado looking back? It's all just so meaningless.

And now we have Naseem and Nene with their demon forms, which I actually find interesting and thematically fits with the whole idea of unlocking more power in a self-destructive way, which has been there from the start of the series. But why now? We've barely had time to really see what Desperados can do and now we're already going beyond that? Super Saiyan 2?
I pointed all those things when it happened, and I agree with everything you said. I still hate the fact that ''only a Desperado can defeat another'', I even said that we just have to wait for Moroboshi, Touka, Shizuku and Ouma to become Desperados as well, because the battles will only get bigger, and they HAVE to be Desperados to keep up with the next enemies that will probably show up. And I hate even more the fact that Stella already became a Desperado. But I like the idea of Excessive Awakening, maybe the author can make a good use out of this power up.

Last edited by DragonEye; 2018-04-28 at 10:16.
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 10:42   Link #13429
AP24

Updated the summary, the chapter should finish in the next update.

Makes sense that Nene and Nangou would get along in all those years. Nene does have a point since you would fine someone very similar to you as boring.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 10:46   Link #13430
bakato

Quote:

Great criticism, but you forgot the most important point. The name sucks.
Old 2018-04-28, 11:49   Link #13431
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:

Your post pretty much sums up my thoughts as well, especially the part about Stella. I started to lose interest in Rakudai around that time too I believe. Edelweiss was the reason I come back sometimes.
Old 2018-04-28, 15:24   Link #13432
pashilulu85
Est

Stella becoming a Majin wasn't really good for the story, i thought we were going for a Ikki ultimate Majin/Stella ultimate Blazer kind of route, but the author noped that real quick.
pashilulu85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 19:07   Link #13433
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think Stella would've become a Desperado sooner or later anyway. The problem most people have (like DragonEye) is that she became one too fast for all the hype she was getting (what with her having the highest amount of mana out of every Blazer in the world and the peak of her potential before she hits the wall she has to overcome by becoming a Desperado still being very far away -- in Volume 9, during the fight against Ikki, it was said that she hadn't even reached the base of her mountain yet, with the mountain itself also being extremely large and its tip being very, very, very far away).

Anyways, I want to talk about the part of the summary that was just updated.

What Nene remembered that got her to turn back into her human form is pretty interesting. Well, I'd have hoped that she would've gotten over wanting to beat or amaze Kurono by now, but I guess she hasn't. But this also means a Desperado in Excessive Awakening form can still turn back at will. So there should be hope for mastering this power too.
Old 2018-04-28, 21:39   Link #13434
The 48th Ronin

Is the author begging to be sued by Toei?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 10:43   Link #13435
AP24

The chapter is finally finished. I wonder if I should just summarize the volume’s remaining chapter immediately. The only reason why I summarized the first two chapters fast was because they were too important. The last remaining chapter is only like a long prologue for the next volume and doesn’t seem to have much important info.

Nene’s last attack was really scary and it was something she had just created. What happened to Naseem in the end was worse than death. The author sure knows quite a lot of things. I didn’t even know about the extra dimensions that exist in our world.

The existence of Desperados was at risk of being exposed to the public because of Nene and Naseem’s match. I won’t be surprised if the public finds out about Desperados after this war.
Old 2018-04-29, 11:18   Link #13436
LeftSeven
2D artist

good, desperado goes public,
heyyy, everyone could become desperados now.
Old 2018-04-29, 11:19   Link #13437
Rosiero

Goddamn, I need to understand string theory to follow along with Rakudai now?
Old 2018-04-29, 12:19   Link #13438
Alterdream
Dreamer

So is Naseem dead now? Or trapped in some sort of weird dimension(s)? And if that's the case, what does it mean for him? Whatever the case, that's quite the technique from Nene.
Alterdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 12:30   Link #13439
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterdream View Post
So is Naseem dead now? Or trapped in some sort of weird dimension(s)? And if that's the case, what does it mean for him? Whatever the case, that's quite the technique from Nene.
He is trapped in other dimensions while alive and can never return.
Old 2018-04-29, 13:00   Link #13440
DragonEye

Now that was a crazy technique. I wonder how long would it take to master Excessive Awakening, and how dangerous would that be. For Nene to master it, she would have to go through it again. But if she does that, she would lose control, at least for some time before she could come to her senses and stay in that form while in control. But, during the time she wasn't in co trol, how could they keep her at bay? It's kinda like when Ichigo was trying to master his hollowfication and the Vizards were fighting him until he could take control. But in this case, Nene is a monster, so how do you fight that?
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural