AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-19, 06:04   Link #1421
macdawson

The first 8 minutes of episode 15 have just been posted, along with a digest retelling the events so far.

Episode 15 clip:

Previously in 2202 Digest:
Old 2018-05-19, 07:48   Link #1422
Korol

Amazing video on the Gamilon Perspective.
Korol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 10:39   Link #1423
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting. I take it that young Dessler was still voice by his regular voice actor (not the child, the one at the funeral), because I closed my and listen...and he sounds like the older version of Kodai....because its the same voice actor (Kōichi Yamadera took over many of the late Kei Tomiyama's roles following Kei Tomiyama death in 1995.)
Old 2018-05-23, 09:14   Link #1424
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The last trailer for Chapter 5 which also introduce the ED for this chapter.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Lots of new stuff here.
Old 2018-05-23, 16:45   Link #1425
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

That is a lot of wave motion guns firing there.
Old 2018-05-23, 21:23   Link #1426
Korol

Oh boy that Ending video Trailer on Chapter 5 been awesome i hope they.ve showed the Moon got Slagged Scene. in the next movie trailer
Old 2018-05-24, 19:40   Link #1427
August138

Chapter 6 key poster and release date revealed. The title of the next chapter is "Reincarnation" and the release date is November 2, 2018 - a little more than five months from now. The tagline is "The World Becomes Changed." Well, I wonder how this is going to effect the weekly streams of 2202 on Crunchyroll and Funimation?

Photo taken by Gwyn Campbell
Old 2018-05-24, 19:50   Link #1428
skaianDestiny

My guess: Yuki dies in chapter 5 and then is resurrected in the next chapter, whose title is "Reincarnation".
skaianDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 21:56   Link #1429
Korol

Like Yuki got shot by Miru and Dessler had blast his ass off with a laser pistol just like in the original Movie. since in Season 2 TV Series that Miru was killed off-screen.
Old 2018-05-25, 00:08   Link #1430
skaianDestiny

Synopsis from someone who's watched it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGilga

But my thunder......

Impressions from the cinema:
Spoiler:

so now some short summaries from what I understood
Spoiler for episode 1:

Spoiler for episdoe 2:

can some explain to me who or what Teressa is?

Spoiler for episdoe 3:

Spoiler for episode 4:

Spoiler for preview:

bye bye god of heavens
Spoiler for Thoughts:
Old 2018-05-25, 01:50   Link #1431
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well that sounds interesting.

As for the Wave Motion Guns, its the genie out of the bottle. You can't put it back, and Earth can (and seemingly has) put it on everything. That's a lot of firepower, and it should be overpowering because it is. Should it feel special? In a one verses many fight, sure. In Yamato vs. super weapons/planet, sure. If its a fleet battle between an Earth fleet and someone else? No, it should honesty be their preferred tactic....lay waste to the enemy fleet via wave motion gun spreads...that what the technology was designed for. To make up for the deficient Earth fleet of the 2190s that could barely damage or destroy single Gamilas destroyers and cruisers in fleet engagements. The wave motion gun, to the Earth military, is the answer to combating the massive Gamilas warfleets of old. Mass producing Earth warships with wave motion guns at the rate they are now is a side effect they didn't expect and now they can do more than just sweep Gamilas fleets from the skies....they can do a lot more. So, mass wave motion guns from everyone. Let the Space Goddesses sort them out.

It should be noted that the short version of the Story plot for Chapter Six is up on Yamato2202.net already. My usual translator program is not taking the text from that page so I don't know what its on about.
Old 2018-05-25, 02:20   Link #1432
Korol

Well i wish we can see the awesome moments like the Gatlantis had bombard the tar out on the moon until they turned into slag and the Space Marines Storming the Gatlantis with Marines and their Mech Suits.
Old 2018-05-25, 06:45   Link #1433
August138

Here's the second official key art piece for "2202 Chapter 6: Reincarnation":
Enter... The Ginga (Galaxy, Galactic, Milky Way)!

Old 2018-05-25, 07:59   Link #1434
skaianDestiny

Honestly feel those extra windows are unnecessary. As someone said on the CosmoDNA page, it looks like a museum ship or luxury cruise ship.
Old 2018-05-25, 11:54   Link #1435
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Deep space explorer most likely, with hints of escape ship still in there. She has a lot less visible weaponry than Yamato.

Three main turrets. Some obvious missile and torpedo tube, and whatever is going on with her wave motion guns assembly. She does not have Yamato's secondary batteries, nor any pulse cannons (The AA forest is gone). Her purpose? Unknown.

Her roll? Bring Yamato back into the fight I would think. As that is almost certainly were her remaining crew members are.
Old 2018-05-25, 14:50   Link #1436
August138

Ginga entry the new "Yamato News" Vol. 3 tabloid, image courtesy of Gwyn Campbell:

Old 2018-05-25, 19:35   Link #1437
Korol

I was Hoping The Yamato is not destroyed forever yet i can imagine the Dark Nebula Series Remake like Marine Mech Suits taking on a Dark Nebula Tripod Tanks when the Dark Nebulans occupied Earth. while some Marines and their Mech Suits been assigned on the Yamato. to attack the Dark Nebulan Planet.

Last edited by Korol; 2018-05-25 at 21:50.
Old 2018-05-25, 19:40   Link #1438
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korol View Post
I was Hoping The Yamato is destroyed forever yet i can imagine the Dark Nebula Series Remake like Marine Mech Suits taking on a Dark Nebula Tripod Tanks when the Dark Nebulans occupied Earth. while some Marines and their Mech Suits been assigned on the Yamato. to attack the Dark Nebulan Planet.
There are no plans for further remakes after 2202 - they are going to develop all-new stories moving forward. But, there are possibilities of continuing the incorporation of elements from across the previous continuities as with 2199 and 2202.
Old 2018-05-25, 21:52   Link #1439
Korol

Uh Typo guys about my previous post i mean The Yamato is not destroyed forever sorry. i was hoping the dark nebula series look like. yet the Marine Mech Suits been quite awesome when taking on Comet Empire Ships and big ass Medurasa class land tanks if they.ll take on a Dark Nebula Tripod Tank.
Old 2018-05-26, 01:57   Link #1440
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I could see them making stories related to the Dark Nebula Empire and Bolar Federation arcs, as well as the Final Yamato story, but things have changed. A lot of things have changed.

Earth-Gamilas politics, How Earth's fleet potential exists has changed, and probably a few other thing have shifted now that those stories can't be told how they happened before.

The basic plot arcs might still exist, but how they are done will be drastically different. I don't know how popular the Dark Nebula Empire itself is as an enemy in the franchise, but in fanart/fan film territory, I see lots of Bolar related materials. Probably because that arc involves Gamilas, and with the changes to Gamilas in Yamato 2199 and Yamato 2202, any story going forwards that involves Gamilas will likely be well received.

The few elements of the two Dark Nebula stories that seem to resonate with the fanbases (or at least what I keep seeing) involve Dessler, Sasha, and I think the concept of the Automated Earth Fleet....but that one seems to me only from a practical standpoint based on manpower shortage issues between starting training crews for all the new battleships Earth will need to build to keep up even a defense force post-war with Gatlantis.

Sasha might be an interesting person to explore...but she's a character that would require either serious explanation, or even more of a time jump than even 2205 as a starting point (depending of course how fast Iscandarian children age....or if they can age "normally" in a Time Rift).

I'd be up for a series that followed some elements of the Dark Nebula story, but mix them with whatever it is Dessler is up to leading into the Bolar Wars era material, as I could see Dessler taking over a part of his old Empire (if not the whole thing) and ending up in conflict with some races in the Galactic Core (or even newly freed Gatlantis or Gamilas second class citizen/slave races) I mean they could use the existing established universe elements and craft a new story with them really.