AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-05-30, 01:24   Link #8161
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Seems like Regulus Namea is very underwhelming for a longinus, Does have any hax abilites like true longinus, holy grail, dimension lost, annihilation maker, Forbidden Balor or Zenith Tempest, does not match DD and BG in pure power

Protection from range attacks and ability to split earth (when other longinus weilders can nuke entire mountains) seems tame in comparison
The guy punched a black hole out of existence, cut him some slack. Besides, having some hax ability would take away from the whole "hard work" theme Sairong has going on.

Also, protection from ranged attacks is basically perfect for him since that's his biggest weakness.
Old 2018-05-30, 04:30   Link #8162
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
The guy punched a black hole out of existence, cut him some slack. Besides, having some hax ability would take away from the whole "hard work" theme Sairong has going on.

Also, protection from ranged attacks is basically perfect for him since that's his biggest weakness.
Seems like sairaorg just used it to boost his own body's power rather than any ability of regulus causing him to punch black holes out

seems very basic for a longinus class

wonder how sairaorg would have dealt with the shadow bb SG user in Cao Cao team (if they crossed paths in their match)
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 06:13   Link #8163
Gaizafaiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Seems like sairaorg just used it to boost his own body's power rather than any ability of regulus causing him to punch black holes out

seems very basic for a longinus class

wonder how sairaorg would have dealt with the shadow bb SG user in Cao Cao team (if they crossed paths in their match)
I don't see any problem as he can easily destroy Bedeze hole.
Old 2018-05-30, 06:26   Link #8164
Royalknightftw

Well, the SG/Longinus users can tweak the abilities of their SG. In Sairaorg's case, he just needs more protection and more damage
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 10:20   Link #8165
Lucidrago

More protection and more damage? I'm pretty sure Sairaorg can take thirty nukes to the face and not have a scratch on him.

Regulus Nemea is a power-based Longinus. Most likely the most power-based Longinus of them all. Boosted Gear is more of a support-type Longinus. And Divine Dividing is more of a technical one. Regulus Nemea has the ability to create fissures in the earth. It's basically earth-based. And it can protect the possessor from ranged attacks.

Seems perfectly fine to me. Boosted Gear just boosts and transfers power. That doesn't sound that impressive.

All the Longinus are basically hacked. Sairaorg just eaaily penetrated Issei's rook armor in one punch with that armor on. It just stacks on to Sairaorg's physical strength which is immense.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 10:38   Link #8166
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

The problem Sairaorg has is that he has no special abilites in his form, just his body. And Rias has learned to use Gasper in a way that Sairarog uses Regulus Nemea but without the negative sideffects of Breakdown the Beast.

Also Sairaorgs peerage is one of the weaker ones in the Cup with Sairaorg being the strongest on his team.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 10:50   Link #8167
Lucidrago

Yet his queen beat Akeno and his peerage was able to pressure Rias'. And that was just in Volume 10. Who knows what kind of power-ups they have gone through since then. And as far as we know, Sairaorg only lost to Cao Cao.

How is Sairaorg's team one of the weaker ones considering he made it in one of the 16 spots. That literally contradicts your 'one of the weaker ones' claim.

I can easily say Dulio's team is one of the weakest but he has a perfect winning streak and even best Issei's team.

Again Regulus Nemea is largely a power-type Longinus. If there's a Longinus suited for power-types, It's that one.

Issei has no special abilities besides his body. Vali has no special abilities besides his demonic powers. Even if they have Boost and Divide it does largely depend on their base stats and how much power they're able to store in their body.
Old 2018-05-30, 11:24   Link #8168
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
More protection and more damage? I'm pretty sure Sairaorg can take thirty nukes to the face and not have a scratch on him.

Regulus Nemea is a power-based Longinus. Most likely the most power-based Longinus of them all. Boosted Gear is more of a support-type Longinus. And Divine Dividing is more of a technical one. Regulus Nemea has the ability to create fissures in the earth. It's basically earth-based. And it can protect the possessor from ranged attacks.

Seems perfectly fine to me. Boosted Gear just boosts and transfers power. That doesn't sound that impressive.

All the Longinus are basically hacked. Sairaorg just eaaily penetrated Issei's rook armor in one punch with that armor on. It just stacks on to Sairaorg's physical strength which is immense.
Sorry i should have worded my sentence much better
I was saying that Sairaorg knew that his base body would need protection against ranged attack since he is mainly a close fighter type, so he "tweaked" his Longinus to be able to provide protection from ranged attacks and He is a power type as well so he put more focus on increasing his power output to the max with the help of his longinus
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 11:25   Link #8169
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Well weaker among the top 16. Ironically Dulio would also apply since his team only has one Longinus on it & no god class like Sairaorg but the Brave Saints Aces can fight agaisnt top tier devils.

Maybe Sairarog can find a way of using Breakdown without saving off his lifespan.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 11:44   Link #8170
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Yet his queen beat Akeno and his peerage was able to pressure Rias'. And that was just in Volume 10. Who knows what kind of power-ups they have gone through since then. And as far as we know, Sairaorg only lost to Cao Cao.

How is Sairaorg's team one of the weaker ones considering he made it in one of the 16 spots. That literally contradicts your 'one of the weaker ones' claim.

I can easily say Dulio's team is one of the weakest but he has a perfect winning streak and even best Issei's team.

Again Regulus Nemea is largely a power-type Longinus. If there's a Longinus suited for power-types, It's that one.

Issei has no special abilities besides his body. Vali has no special abilities besides his demonic powers. Even if they have Boost and Divide it does largely depend on their base stats and how much power they're able to store in their body.
Kuisha is an example of a nice Wizard type. I'm not sure if that Akeno she beat was Akeno before she started throwing gigantig dragons of holy lightning though.

Dullio benefits from Rating Games not being all out brawls. And the fight against Ise was very close.

Some slight nitpicking: Issei's boob techniques kind of qualify as special abilities, since they're unique to Issei's lust. Even outside of that, BG provides plenty of abilities. Vali has no inherent ability other than his immense demonic powers. Outside of that, it's his high magical talent and DD's abilities. His base stats are also the most hax amongst the sacred gear wielders, safe for Mitsuya.

I don't think that Sairaorg's Regulus needs any special ability. It's already very good at covering Sairaorg's supposed weakness (well, his touki kind of manages to do that too). Sure, he's not safe from (strong) magical effects, but that's the same for most longinus users. Sairaorgs fists do all the work anyway, so it wouldn't be weird if he becomes a demonic version of first SWK or Strada at one point.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 13:27   Link #8171
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Lucidrago: Yes, Sairaorg's peerage has likely improved since Volume 10, but it's not like Rias' hasn't. They've also improved a lot since then. Both peerages are constantly improving every day. You know that, right?

@Norn: Agreed. People are afraid of Ise because he causes irregularities and can cause miracles through women's breasts. Even if he can't control it, that's still a special ability (the breasts thing). He has Breast Power. It sounds like a joke, but no one in the series laughs at it anymore because they know what he can do with it.

And Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing have nothing special? Dude. Penetrate. Reflect. Reduce. Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames. Half Dimension. Nothing special? Seriously?
Old 2018-05-30, 16:00   Link #8172
Lucidrago

@Osman I never said they didn't.

Dulio's team are very OP even without a god-class fighter other than Dulio. Milana and Nero are easily on par with the Gremory group. Milana blew away Rossweisse's magic with ease by just using one giant light spear. Nero tanked a boosted CrossxCrisis and still managed to take Xenovia out and pass the ball to his teammates before passing out.

Every team that made it into the 16 spots are equipped to take on gods and god-class beings. Otherwise there would be no point of them even competing in the tournament.

I was just replying to the guy who said Regulus Nemea had nothing special. And most of those abilities were originally sealed and weren't able to be originally accessed.

And protecting against ranged attacks is one of Regulus Nemea's abilities. If you know of the legend of the Nemean Lion then this makes a lot of sense.
Old 2018-05-30, 16:16   Link #8173
Norn
Dazed and Confused

I wouldn't call Dullio's team OP. They have good synergies and make the best use out of those. They're a very flexible and versatile group.

Milana uses light which has an advantage and Nero's SG is perfect to fight power types. I'm not saying they don't have good feats, but lets not forget the factors that make those feats.

I think most youths evaded a lot of god class teams. Don't know if they can take on the remaining god teams on. I expect some to get dropped. That being said I want to see them evolve through battle regardless of the outcomes.

Wouldn't it be cool if Sairaorg could get to a level where the Nemean lion could repel magic effects, or weaken them? Or maybe even absorb or reflect magic? If he could absorb magic, that would make him even harder for Power types
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 17:15   Link #8174
Lucidrago

Well Dulio and the others on his team were some of the few exorcists out of many to be hand-picked by the Seraphs themselves. That's pretty OP.

Regulus Nemea already does that. Just think.about the level of the opponents Sairaorg has faced. Issei, Grendel, Bedeze, and Cao Cao are anything but regular opponents. And those four are above exceptional.

The abilities of Regulus Nemea is really a power-type Longinus which can create fissures in the earth and at its max can split the earth in two. It's perfect for Sairaorg.

Sairaorg has barreled through the purple flames of Incinerate Anthem just with his armor. Has taken on Grendel's attacks. And has taken on a lot of other opponents' attacks. Although DX4 isn't translated, it looked like he was even taking attacks from Cao Cao and his True Longinus.

He's fine. We just don't get to see a lot of Sairaorg. And back in Volume 10 Kiba and Xenovia struggled to cut off his arm.using Durandal just with touki covering it. How tough do you think Sairaorg is in that armor?
Old 2018-05-30, 18:44   Link #8175
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Kiba as he is now, where he seems to have better control over Gram and its aura, might be able to give Sairaorg more damage. You need to keep in mind that something that was true even one Volume ago may not be true anymore since everyone in Team DxD is training all the time. They also all have training assigned from the First Gen. Sun Wukong on the top of the training some of them were already before doing since before. Especially Sairaorg's, Rias' and Ise's respective peerage since they were already doing training before Sun Wukong assigned them training tasks.

Krudelu is learning Japanese and he looked at the raw text for the part where Azazel said that the Regulus Nemea when mastered can split the Earth. Apparently the kanji used is the one for "earth" (lowercase, referring to the material) rather than the planet Earth. Krudelu said it could be talking about splitting a large area of land in two. We need to ask Noman or B214 for clarification on what that line actually means.
Old 2018-05-30, 21:08   Link #8176
Lucidrago

Sairaorg has some pretty has defense though. His own physical body then there's touki then there's his Balance Breaker armor. Back in Volume 10, Kiba and Xenovia struggled to cut off his arm covered in touki with Durandal.

And besides Sairaorg is still improving as well. Who knows where his defense is at the current moment.
Old 2018-05-30, 21:35   Link #8177
aw454wtr

Quote:

Ability to rapidly multiply your power and transfer them to any ally/specific body part is not impressive???????

Boost is basically kaio ken on steroids even if Issei fights someone stronger to him, using boost can quickly close the power gap, he went from normal highschooler to beating multiple experienced devils in vol 2 in just a few minutes
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 03:55   Link #8178
Lucidrago

All of the Longinus are impressive. I was sarcastically replying sarcastically to the guy who said that Regulus Nemea's abilities aren't impressive.
Old 2018-05-31, 04:59   Link #8179
Krudelu
???

@DragonOsman Given that I'm just learning, I may seem that my confirmation seems unreliable at the moment given that I'm not a translator (yet?). However, I posted the explanation regarding the statement and how I came to such conclusion. In that explanation, I can provide:
  • Raw scan
  • Raw text
  • Hyperlink for kanji that are being referred to dictionary I use (not google translate or bing)

Even though there would be a time I'll need to post it here sooner or later, if you wanted me to post it here in AS as soon as possible, just give it a call. I personally don't mind posting it again. And then from here, nom@n, B214, or any other translators can clarify it whether my confirmation is right or wrong.

Last edited by Krudelu; 2018-05-31 at 06:00.
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 05:37   Link #8180
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Honestly Sairaorg needs a boost to his demonic energy. To use that as even more fuel for his body. I KNOW I KNOW he has next to none and him gaining more would ruin the whole "I only have my body" But couldn't channeling ever so slight demonic power into his body and limbs still classify as his own body ? Not saying he should get to like volume 2 Issei demonic power because that was 'low" not next to none. But some little extra for like in a pinch he could channel whatever he has into more power. Thoughts ?