AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-06-30, 11:16   Link #8601
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
I just want to see all of the 4 Horsemen in Shin. Would be hilarious if they turn out to be chuunis or something.
That's assuming if they even exist in the DxD world.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 11:36   Link #8602
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Even if they did, they'd probably be related to Hades in some form.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 12:33   Link #8603
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Like Thanatos being a Grim Reaper, yes. Although the Pale Horse is also in DxD (with an Ishibumi spin on it, as with Thanatos).
Old 2018-06-30, 20:37   Link #8604
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
I really hope they do. If not, I'll be disappointed. If there's other beings that can give the Hindu Gods a run for their money, it's them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
Even if they did, they'd probably be related to Hades in some form.
I hope that's not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Like Thanatos being a Grim Reaper, yes. Although the Pale Horse is also in DxD (with an Ishibumi spin on it, as with Thanatos).
Was it confirmed if it is THE Pale Horse?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 21:08   Link #8605
Lucidrago

In DxD, how powerful we think certain beings are doesn't matter. They're probably not a thing or just happened to be a famous group of devil and Grim Reaper horsemen.

The Pale Horse is a high-level beast that resides in Cocytus. It is very difficult to tame and has a violent nature where it will kick those it doesn't like to death, including its masters. It's a horse that famous devils and Grim Reaper's have ridden. Sairaorg's knight, Beruka Furcas, has tamed a Pale Horse and rides on it during the first match of the Rating Game in Volume 10 where he faces Kiba.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 21:26   Link #8606
godz

if dxd had to die a good character permanently (which is the time) who would like it to be?
in my case I think raiser could be a great candidate to death due to the evolution we have seen of the character of an arrogant type of volume 2 to a guy who gets along well with the protagonist in the current volume.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 21:44   Link #8607
Lucidrago

Riser barely appears for his death to be of any significance. Neither has he really had a huge impact on the MC or the series as a whole.

I'd say Azazel.
Old 2018-06-30, 21:50   Link #8608
The 48th Ronin

Azazel dying has a huge impact to the Fallen Angels faction. Is there anyone who can step fill up his shoes?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 21:59   Link #8609
Lucidrago

Shemhazai. Barakiel. The four other leaders of the Fallen Angels.

You do know that Shemhazai has been the Governor-General since Azazel resigned in Volume 12 right? And that he is currently sealed in.the Isolation Barrier Field?
Old 2018-06-30, 23:18   Link #8610
B214

Yasaka. I think her death would have big impact.
Old 2018-06-30, 23:41   Link #8611
godz

I was referring more to an emotional impact such as the deaths of Jiraiya or Ace.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 00:04   Link #8612
Lucidrago

Then Azazel.
Old 2018-07-01, 00:27   Link #8613
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@DragonKing: Actually there are 25 main Volumes, 4 DX Volumes and EX, which makes 30 Volumes in total (Ishibumi does count all of them).

@Norn: Vali has dragon traits in his blood. Ise did as well from before Volume 12. Dragon-type Sacred Gear possessors have them and it's kind of proven by how it was said even before Volume 12 that drinking Ise's blood which is the blood of the Sekiryuutei would give vampires a boost in abilities' effectiveness (for example, for Gasper's abilities) as well as in their own power.

As for the covers: it's possible that each cover from now on will have Ise with one of the heroines. Would certainly be good, although it might actually happen. We'll see I guess.
We were talking about how many volumes it was since Issei was last on the cover.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 00:56   Link #8614
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
I was referring more to an emotional impact such as the deaths of Jiraiya or Ace.
Like I said Yasaka, it would scare Kunou which in turn will emotionally affect Ise and his friends.
Old 2018-07-01, 00:58   Link #8615
Gaizafaiz

Quote:
Like I said Yasaka, it would scare Kunou which in turn will emotionally affect Ise and his friends.
Yasaka being dead would only affect Issei like Asuma's death affect Naruto. Surprise but not shocking like Jiraiya's.
Old 2018-07-01, 01:28   Link #8616
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
Azazel dying has a huge impact to the Fallen Angels faction. Is there anyone who can step fill up his shoes?
Azazel would be like both Ise and Vali losing a father figure.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 02:06   Link #8617
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yes, this is true. But I still don't want him to die. Everyone inside the barrier right now has to come back alive.

Sirzechs at least seems to be alive in the future. In EX, when Azazel asked Kurenai (if I remember correctly who the kid Azazel asked was) what happened to Sirzechs, the reply was, "It's not as bad as you think" which may imply that Sirzechs is still alive inside the barrier even 30 years later. Ise occasionally goes to talk to the people inside the barrier, so he'd know and probably told his kids or at least the ones in high posts like Kurenai. And hopefully Azazel is also alive at that time.

@Dragonking: Ah, okay, never mind, then.
Old 2018-07-01, 04:42   Link #8618
Lex79

I actually think it's too late for a significant death in the series. The whole sealing thing is basically a way to simulate the death of lots of important characters and give us some moments of sorrow without actually killing anyone. Having Azazel or Sirzechs dying off screen would severely lessen the impact, and killing them after the fight with trihexa would be too anticlimatic.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 06:01   Link #8619
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Yes, this too. We should probably think, for now, that this was just Ishibumi way of making the characters miss them without actually killing them. Ise and Ajuka can still talk to them, but Rias and the others don't know so for them it's almost the same as if those guys had been written out of the story without actually being killed. And that's probably (at least part of the reason) why Ishibumi did this. So them dying is unlikely for that reason too (i.e. the reason Lex mentioned).
Old 2018-07-01, 11:27   Link #8620
Lucidrago

Vasco Strada then. That would leave such a huge impact on the church and the exorcists and the Brave Saints that have been under his care. It would leave a huge impact.

I would say Cao Cao but then again he only occasionally appears in the story. He just kind of pops up out of nowhere. Maybe discovering his purpose as a hero and going out in a blaze of glory.

Azazel has a bigger death flag than anyone in the series. What I mean is that if Ishibumi wanted to kill somebody off, then it would be Azazel. But Ishibumi isn't that sort of guy who would kill off a good character. So he did it with the Isolation Barrier Field but as we saw in Volume 22 it seems like they're perfectly fine in there.

But the fourth arc was the one that was the dark one. We are past that point now. While It's not like the currrnt arc isn't serious, it won't be as dark as the fourth arc was.

If you want maximum emotional impact on the readers and the main cast in the series Azazel is the one to kill off.

Azazel is a father figure to Vali, not Issei. He is a mentor to both of them. And he's like a mischevious and naughty uncle to Sirzechs and Serafall.