Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-02, 17:30   Link #4181
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Alpha didn't really make a 180 character change. He choose to die in battle. Thats sort of running away from dealing with your world view being shattered.
He didn't have much of lifespan left in him but he chose to die fighting against the people he once considered the ultimate authority. I don't know how you could not consider that a complete 180.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 17:45   Link #4182
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
He didn't have much of lifespan left in him but he chose to die fighting against the people he once considered the ultimate authority. I don't know how you could not consider that a complete 180.
well because he was primary a warrior and to be fair he was still "fighting" for the same side, he was made to fight for the mankind, it happened to papa being the leader and after papa showed to be a betrayer it make more easy to him to go against him because he was still doing his job.
Old 2018-07-04, 11:17   Link #4183
Jaden

I did enjoy the show before the ending arcs, but I think it's fair to say that it has completely ran out of steam now.

I'll remember it as an overly ambitious project that was crushed under its own bloat in the end - another element reminiscent of the original EVA series, btw.
Old 2018-07-04, 18:45   Link #4184
Skaddix

Indeed fitting for an EVA Expy.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 23:23   Link #4185
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

"Lazy Writing" Seems to be a quick go to when people dont understand a character or motivation and just dont pay attention in general.
Old 2018-07-04, 23:37   Link #4186
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Another reminder that the antagonists don't need to be outright extraterrestrial.
It is "lazy writing" because they just went with what Trigger is used to, instead of going for other concepts like other terrestrial beings or extradimensional lifeforms.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 08:51   Link #4187
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Eh no preview today ?
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 09:05   Link #4188
Ligerleon89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Eh no preview today ?
Either they are delaying the preview today by a few hours, leaving it for tomorrow or they'll have us waiting for the preview and finale next week. Whichever way it goes, seeing as this is the final episode, It could be the usual 30 minutes or they are going to give the finale at least 30 more minutes.
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 09:26   Link #4189
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Time to bet what kind of ending it is then XP .

Bittersweet or time skip....
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 09:47   Link #4190
PhoenixRising

I don't know if this real, but there is apparently gonna be a 10-year time skip at some point next episode (so maybe it'll be like a time-skip episode (first half) with flashbacks to the final battle between Hiro and ZeroTwo and the VIRM (second half)). Apparently, this user, OtakuFansite posted a youtube video with a link to a leaked Instagram picture of a pregnant 24-26-year-old Ichigo.

It's also been on weibo, 4chan and other Japanese websites, so it looks legit so far. The Japanese fans are going nuts over it.

Here is a link to it since I can't add the image:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk2RnElF...d=ptk9mrkb74yy

Edit: Sorry, just found an image that I can upload, so here it is!:
Spoiler:

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 2018-07-05 at 10:33.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 10:39   Link #4191
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
I don't know if this real, but there is apparently gonna be a 10-year time skip at some point next episode (so maybe it'll be like a time-skip episode (first half) with flashbacks to the final battle between Hiro and ZeroTwo and the VIRM (second half)). Apparently, this user, OtakuFansite posted a youtube video with a link to a leaked Instagram picture of a pregnant 24-26-year-old Ichigo.

It's also been on weibo, 4chan and other Japanese websites, so it looks legit so far. The Japanese fans are going nuts over it.

Here is a link to it since I can't add the image:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk2RnElF...d=ptk9mrkb74yy

Edit: Sorry, just found an image that I can upload, so here it is!:
Spoiler:

Oh dear god, Goro actually was able to hook up with her. Nice....

I really hope this means good ending all around, especially for Hiro and Zero Two.
Justice_Rises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 10:52   Link #4192
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That picture looks pretty damn legit to me. Nice.
Old 2018-07-05, 11:17   Link #4193
RDNexus

Maybe this last episode will be majorly post-time skip and they don't want to spoil it?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 12:06   Link #4194
Jord
Banned

From the 2 options I mentioned before seems like the timeskip was the right one, not surprising at all.

If Ichigo is pregnant (probably from Goro) that means they managed to live on earth and fix the environment, now this is a wild guess but I bet that Hiro and Zero Two are going back to earth after all this time, probably with a kid.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 12:22   Link #4195
zibi88

They will mostly crashland near ocean since at the beggining 02 wanted to see water/ocean.

Still how can they have kids if 02 body is perified on earth and her mind/soul is inside the Apath. Besides how long can Hiro fly with no water or food.

Its possible that 02 will die in the final fight and Hiro will return alone in a pod. He is alive but broken, can not find a place for himself. Everyone formed in couples so Hiro will be left alone. Maybe Naomi will show up again and get closer to Hiro kinda to end up the cycle from ep1 like they started as partners and will somewhat end up as partners again.

Other options are simple like Hiro and 02 do not end up on earth ever again. We will see how the planet is returning to life, how everyone is doing, see their families and towns they build and the society they formed (with 02 statue still standing in the middle of it). Maybe Ichigo will have a kid, maybe a boy which she will name after Hiro. Like a bittersweet ending like Hiro and 02 do not return but others are doing fine and everyone is still watching the skies for their return.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 12:27   Link #4196
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
They will mostly crashland near ocean since at the beggining 02 wanted to see water/ocean.

Still how can they have kids if 02 body is perified on earth and her mind/soul is inside the Apath. Besides how long can Hiro fly with no water or food.

Its possible that 02 will die in the final fight and Hiro will return alone in a pod. He is alive but broken, can not find a place for himself. Everyone formed in couples so Hiro will be left alone. Maybe Naomi will show up again and get closer to Hiro kinda to end up the cycle from ep1 like they started as partners and will somewhat end up as partners again.
well zero twho soul can just "return" to the body and she become "normal again" while hiro come back and they end together, just because her body become stone don't means which it can't go back to his flesh again.
Old 2018-07-05, 12:28   Link #4197
Justice_Rises

Quote:

Other options are simple like Hiro and 02 do not end up on earth ever again. We will see how the planet is returning to life, how everyone is doing, see their families and towns they build and the society they formed (with 02 statue still standing in the middle of it). Maybe Ichigo will have a kid, maybe a boy which she will name after Hiro. Like a bittersweet ending like Hiro and 02 do not return but others are doing fine and everyone is still watching the skies for their return.
Hiro said multiple times he wont live without Zero Two. If she dies, he'll die with her pretty much.

I dont think they would kill either of them, cause it just doesn't make sense to do all that just for a twist.
Justice_Rises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 12:31   Link #4198
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Instead of directly going the easy way of total timeskip ending, I dare the show to go the hard way by sticking with the pregnant Kokoro for a bit and at least show us the montage of the struggle & process of her pregnancy until she (successfully?) gives birth to the very first natural-born child after so many freakin' years of human history. That would actually strengthen the show's message about human perseverance and the beauty of procreation (if the writers and directors know what they are doing). After Kokoro's baby was born, then they can use the timeskip to end the story.

If the showrunners do that, I will at least give them props for it.
Old 2018-07-05, 12:38   Link #4199
Jord
Banned

Quote:

Hello there Guilty Crown
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 12:40   Link #4200
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Instead of directly going the easy way of total timeskip ending, I dare the show to go the hard way by sticking with the pregnant Kokoro for a bit and at least show us the montage of the struggle & process of her pregnancy until she (successfully?) gives birth to the very first natural-born child after so many freakin' years of human history. That would actually strengthen the show's message about human perseverance and the beauty of procreation (if the writers and directors know what they are doing). After Kokoro's baby was born, then they can use the timeskip to end the story.

If the showrunners do that, I will at least give them props for it.
Honestly...I wouldn't hold a candle to that. If they have given you guys reasons to rant week after week, I don't believe it'll be this last week that they'll surprise us in the best way possible.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote