AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-07-11, 01:19   Link #261
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobie_loving_alien View Post
Mmm... I didn't wanted to give it that look, but well, If we stablished that all the members in the peerage also are in the harem... I should change it...

What it brings to me to another topic, I like a lot Gasper, but I think that he would be better with Elmenhilde.

C'mon Rias, negociate Valerie's trade!!!!

Do you think Rias would change Valerie for Asia?
Asia would never, NEVER, want to leave Issei's peerage.

About Yumi: could she be one of the heavenly breasts?
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 07:02   Link #262
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
Hell no. Emotional reasons aside, Rias wouldn't trade away an important asset like Valerie whose ability is basically Phoenix Tears on steroids.
Well she couldn't trade Valerie anyway she's not part of Rias peerage. She's just on the tournament team.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 08:36   Link #263
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Boobie_loving_alien: As Lex said, Asia would never leave Ise's peerage. And besides, Rias already traded her to Ise; I don't see any reason for her to trade her back. She knows Asia wants to stay in Ise's peerage after all. Also, Valerie isn't in Rias' peerage. She's just in her team for the tournament. And Valerie is already with Gasper. Elmenhilde loves Ise. Sorry.

Anyways. If there's a way to separate Yumi from Kiba, they should do it. Totally. And then add Yumi to Ise's peerage. And the new girl should be either a Pawn worth 8 Pawns or a Queen (if she's the possessor of Nereid Kyrie, which she probably is).
Old 2018-07-11, 09:27   Link #264
B214

I wonder if Ise even needs to use 8 Pawns on the new girl considering his current strength. I wouldn't be surprised if Ise can reincarnate a Longinus possessor with 5-7 Pawns
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 09:44   Link #265
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, that's true. But Ise only just got his Evil Pieces so they haven't had a chance to grow with him that much. Wasn't it said that if an Evil Piece stays unused for long enough, it'll grow and evolve with the King?
Old 2018-07-11, 09:51   Link #266
B214

Well Ryuuteimaru grew from a small boat to a giant ship with Ise's aura, so who knows how he can effect his EP.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 09:56   Link #267
DragonOsman
Dragon King

He had Ryuuteimaru for longer. But well, yeah, it did say that Ryuuteimaru had a sudden growth spurt (but also said that Ise hadn't been paying attention to it). I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2018-07-11, 09:59   Link #268
Lucidrago

I just see this girl becoming his queen. Why do you think Akeno was Rias' first servant? The queen acts as the right-hand man(or woman) of the king and is basically their adjutant or lieutenant. Ishibumi is giving this girl quite some focus based on the quotes and I see Issei's first official servant being his queen. That's just my honest opinion.

And unless this girl is going to be a frontline fighter I really Don't see the pawn piece suiting her.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 10:03   Link #269
bodo
shirking idiots ...

Evil Pieces are now Tamagotchi?
Old 2018-07-11, 10:42   Link #270
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I just see this girl becoming his queen. Why do you think Akeno was Rias' first servant? The queen acts as the right-hand man(or woman) of the king and is basically their adjutant or lieutenant. Ishibumi is giving this girl quite some focus based on the quotes and I see Issei's first official servant being his queen. That's just my honest opinion.

And unless this girl is going to be a frontline fighter I really Don't see the pawn piece suiting her.
What does Akeno being Rias first servant have to do with this new girl becoming Ise Queen? If she does join she wouldn't be his first servant he officially already has 4 members in his peerage. Even if you want to use "she would be the first member he reincarnated" that still be a bad parallel.
Old 2018-07-11, 10:42   Link #271
Gaizafaiz

@Lucidrago First of all, Akeno was Rias first servant. I would agree with you if that was Issei's first servant as well. But unfortunately, she's not. Secondly, I see Issei's queen as someone that is strong at the very beginning. This girl on the other hand is not strong due to Ajuka's personal request.

Quote:
"Please, I want you to protect this girl. This is Underworld's... no, this is also my personal request"
- Archdevil Ajuka Beelzebub
She needs protection that only Issei can offer. From the way the quotes are mention, I see someone that is gullible and wants to have a peaceful life.

Quote:
"If I'm together with you, can I sing a song?"
-???????
She is the type of person that wants to live a care-free life. I really don't see her taking the queen spot. She is more towards the pawn or maybe even the bishop. Depends on her Longinus ability and how hax it is. But I wouldn't mind either way if she is the queen.
Old 2018-07-11, 10:59   Link #272
Lucidrago

I still see her being his queen. It would be logical for Ishibumi to start out with that if she's going to be Issei's first servant that wasn't traded to him.

To me, the queen and pawn have allocated roles. Pawns are meant to be the main frontline fighters. And would have to run around the Rating Game field the most. Not every game is one where the king can just allow their pawns to promote whenever. So really unless she's the frontline fighter sort, I really don't see the pawn suiting her.
Old 2018-07-11, 11:09   Link #273
JBlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
The queen acts as the right-hand man(or woman) of the king and is basically their adjutant or lieutenant.
Tbh Ravel is already doing that, so really Ravel should be made Queen and what ever new comer that comes should take her old spot.
JBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 11:12   Link #274
Gaizafaiz

@JBlast Ravel can't change her piece. She is a bishop forever.
Old 2018-07-11, 11:35   Link #275
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

I not with the pawn piece being more gear toward frontline fighters that doesn't make sense. The pawn piece is the most versatile piece just because we only seen pawns as frontline fighters doesn't mean that's there only role

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2018-07-11 at 11:56.
Old 2018-07-11, 13:15   Link #276
Lucidrago

Issei, Saji, Nimura, Riser's 8 pawns. In Rating Games, they are going to be the main ones sent out to run across the battlefield. Hence why Rias was training Issei physically because he would need the stamina to run around the battlefield as a pawn.

I never said pawns aren't versatile. But here's the roles of the pieces.

King=Commander

Queen=Lieutenant

Rook=Rearguard(stays back protecting the king)

Knight=Front-line fighter(basically the cavalry)

Bishop=Rear support(stays in the back offering cover fire or providing support)

Pawn=Front-line fighter(basically your foot soldier)

And yes I know that you can put anyone as a pawn in this tournament. But I'm talking about the evil pieces and once you use them on someone, It's permanent.
Old 2018-07-11, 15:04   Link #277
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Still not rolling with that and I am talking about the evil pieces. Not to mention your basing that off a tiny sample size of the pawns you seen that are physical fighters of course they are going to be on the frontline. We haven't seen a pawn that wasn't a brawler style figher yet in action someone like a Beowulf who is suppose to be a top 5 pawn based off his support ability. Actually after thinking it over the only good example you have is Riser or peerages with multiple pawns. Ise, Saji, and Nimura are used more as trump cards then frontline soilders.

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2018-07-11 at 15:26.
Old 2018-07-11, 16:22   Link #278
Boobie_loving_alien

The queen, for me at least, is the most important piece. The center of all the others. The strongest support of the team. Your right hand. The most reliable piece.

Maybe you have some type of trump card, but a trump card is a lucky card. Maybe works, maybe not. Instead, your queen always will be here.

I don't think that Issei will choose an unknown woman for that role. Not that I say that it will happen, but Valerie or... I don't remember now any woman who knows Issei for some time.

Lastly but no less important, the queen is the "perfect" piece. Strong physically and magically, fast and intelligent. I don't question the power of the new high tier Longinus, but I want to see this girls power before I judge if she can be the queen.

My hypothesis is that the new Longinus is a very powerful magical one. My worries go about her physical development.
Boobie_loving_alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 18:45   Link #279
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobie_loving_alien View Post
The queen, for me at least, is the most important piece. The center of all the others. The strongest support of the team. Your right hand. The most reliable piece.

Maybe you have some type of trump card, but a trump card is a lucky card. Maybe works, maybe not. Instead, your queen always will be here.

I don't think that Issei will choose an unknown woman for that role. Not that I say that it will happen, but Valerie or... I don't remember now any woman who knows Issei for some time.

Lastly but no less important, the queen is the "perfect" piece. Strong physically and magically, fast and intelligent. I don't question the power of the new high tier Longinus, but I want to see this girls power before I judge if she can be the queen.

My hypothesis is that the new Longinus is a very powerful magical one. My worries go about her physical development.
Akeno, Yubelluna, Kuisha Abaddon, are not fast, and do not excel in physical abilities as well. They are totally focused on magical power and fights at long range.

I agree with you that Issei's Queen should be a girl who excels in long and short distance fights, speed, offensive and defensive strength, and magical power. But the only Queen who was shown to have these qualities was Grayfia, and no wonder she is the strongest Queen, there are probably not many female Queens who have the group of skills that she has. The only girl I can think of who fits these conditions is Verrine.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 19:18   Link #280
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
Still not rolling with that and I am talking about the evil pieces. Not to mention your basing that off a tiny sample size of the pawns you seen that are physical fighters of course they are going to be on the frontline. We haven't seen a pawn that wasn't a brawler style figher yet in action someone like a Beowulf who is suppose to be a top 5 pawn based off his support ability. Actually after thinking it over the only good example you have is Riser or peerages with multiple pawns. Ise, Saji, and Nimura are used more as trump cards then frontline soilders.
Have you not seen all the times Issei has been sent out to the frontlines? Yes they save Issei for the big opponents and try to have him conserve as much energy as possible for them as Issei is the strongest of them all. But otherwise he's there on the frontlines.

The reason why I use Riser's pawns as examples because they would reflect a regular peerage. With the pawns being the weakest and the queen being the strongest servant. And then the king being the strongest of them all. Rias' peerage isn't the norm if you haven't realized. Issei and Saji also aren't normal pawns.

Pawns can be any type. But usually the ones we've seen have physical ability and stamina just so they can run around the battlefield. And how does Beowulf act as a support? Is he like Asia where he stays at the rear of the formation or is he like Issei and Saji fighting on the frontlines and offering support when necessary? Beowulf did fight Sirzechs and injured him. Support comes in a lot of different forms.

Think about it. In a game where a pawn has to promote once they reach enemy territory, most are going to send out their pawns first. Unless the pawn is a super-exceptional case like Issei.

Yes rooks and knights act as frontline fighters as well but pawns tend to be frontline fighters more often than not. Why do you think the pawn in chess represents a foot soldier? And they tend to be on the frontlines of the chessboard? Yes comparing actual evil pieces to chess pieces is ridiculous, but you do notice there is a lot of relevance.

That's why I would say you have to look at the kind of person and role they would be in when you decide to make them a pawn.