Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-08-18, 06:42   Link #18141
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Origami nearly got her ass handed to her by Westscott. I kind of knew she would have a tough time fighting him. At least she better than the fight with Mio.

I really thought this would be the last volume. I did expect Mio to die after she was redeemed. Westscott FINALLY died after he got what wanted. However I feel pity for him after what lead to him becoming what he is now. I did not know that Reine would died. She's one of my favorites. I like that Reine brought up the conversation about "Shidou's mom". However in the end, "mom sacrificed herself to protect her son" is satisfying to me.

It seems AST and other "certain" characters appear again. I wonder what's their reaction (AST already know their identity before hand).

What is utterly surprising is the ending? Why would Tohka do such a thing?
The AST don't know their identities in the new timeline.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I知 letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 07:32   Link #18142
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizo View Post
well seems when shinji died his soul already went to the after life so shido only have his memories.....shido himself is born as new life from Mio ...

someone who finally read vol 19 posted a summary in reddit :
Spoiler for vol 19:

idk about you guys , but after Mio / Reine died seems to me i lost the reason why i was following DAL....and shido for god sake suffering suffering ....give a man a break....tbh i cried in this volume shido lost Rinne now Mio /reine at ffs let him have his mother beside him... this volume make it sound clear that once someone is ded is DED unless time travel fix all this mess ...anyone got any info about the afterward ? and it's pretty much confirmed next vol cover will be tohka in her new astral dress ...
thanx but is that mean shidou is mio and shin child or lifeform without parents
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 07:44   Link #18143
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
thanx but is that mean shidou is mio and shin child or lifeform without parents
Shin isn't his father. Biologically, he is Shin. His biological parents are Shinji and Mana's.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go
Old 2018-08-18, 08:17   Link #18144
dark44

so he have the body but new soul in it really stupid move to make him like that he is fake
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 08:22   Link #18145
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
so he have the body but new soul in it really stupid move to make him like that he is fake
Yes...that's the point.

Letting Go
Old 2018-08-18, 08:26   Link #18146
Mizo

anyone know why tho shido kissed Mio/reine he couldn't seal them ??
Mizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 08:52   Link #18147
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
He wasn't powerful enough to seal Mio.

Letting Go
Old 2018-08-18, 08:58   Link #18148
Darkwolf907

With just read the summary my tears already come out, what will happen if i read the full volume i wonder.
Darkwolf907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 08:59   Link #18149
Mirable
ミラベル

Quote:
To seal spirit, you have to make them fall for you.

He failed cuz Mio/reine doesn't love Shido, the one she loves is Shin and deep down Mio/reine know that Shido isn't Shin.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 09:08   Link #18150
Darkwolf907

^so thats explained Shido’s trademark that he will make Mio fall for him over Shin
Old 2018-08-18, 09:18   Link #18151
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
To seal spirit, you have to make them fall for you.

He failed cuz Mio/reine doesn't love Shido, the one she loves is Shin and deep down Mio/reine know that Shido isn't Shin.
You're incorrect. Kotori confirms that Reine's affection is high enough to be sealed. It's as I said - Shido wasn't powerful enough to seal Mio.

Letting Go
Old 2018-08-18, 09:23   Link #18152
Darkwolf907

^thanks for your info @Chaos Entity

For me, The most impact info is about Mio and it still weighting my mind after reading this forum today, haha (dry laught)
Old 2018-08-18, 09:24   Link #18153
Mirable
ミラベル

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
You're incorrect. Kotori confirms that Reine's affection is high enough to be sealed. It's as I said - Shido wasn't powerful enough to seal Mio.
but Shido still failed to seal Reine so Kotori is wrong this time, simple as that.

Shido even said that he will make Reine choose him over Shin in their date.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 09:25   Link #18154
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf907 View Post
^thanks for your info @Chaos Entity

For me, The most impact info is about Mio and it still weighting my mind after reading this forum today, haha (dry laught)
You're welcome!

Letting Go
Old 2018-08-18, 10:06   Link #18155
cyberdemon

Spoiler for Kurumi:
Old 2018-08-18, 10:18   Link #18156
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
Isn't the same.
Old 2018-08-18, 10:24   Link #18157
Mizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for Kurumi:
i doubt anyone knew she died, to begin with all what caught their attention her new astral dress ,

we have a bad end vol 18 , now vol 19 true end aka bittersweet , next would be happy end , if shido couldn't seal Mio's power through her then maybe he will get it from tohka now that she got her sephira then the only card i know the author can play is finally shido in his fully spirit form and probably his going to try and fix this entire mess i hope .....still i can't believe koushi killed off Reine definitely ...

Last edited by Mizo; 2018-08-18 at 11:01.
Mizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 10:32   Link #18158
Jord
Banned

Quote:
i doubt anyone knew she died, to begin with all what caught their attention her new astral dress ,

we have a bad end vol 18 , now vol 19 true end aka bittersweet , next would be happy end , if shido couldn't seal Mio's power through her then maybe he will get it from tohka now that she got her sephira then the only card i know the author can play is finally shido in his fully spirit form and probably his going to try and fix this entire mess i hope .....still i don't believe koushi killed off Reine definitely ...
After all this time reading DAL there is one thing that's for sure, most of the deaths won't matter because the characters will be back anyways. Right now Wescott's death is something that will be permament (I hope) so everything that's left is fixing this whole situation, bringing back Kurumi, dealing with anything that Tohka is trying to do and maybe, just maybe Reine back to the world of the living (you know, after all she's still someone relevant for the girls and Shido).

On my side I still feel like this volume was very underwhelming, even after the detailed summary and a few tl's here and there. Nothing was surprising, maybe what Tohka did at the end, most of the important parts were predictable or expected to happen, i just want to see if the next volume delivers something truly surprising instead of the usual patter DAL has been following since the first arc.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 10:58   Link #18159
tuckersister

I still can't believe Tohka pull something like that in the end. As expected of the idiot princess.
tuckersister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 13:54   Link #18160
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess

I really hope Shidou goes full Spirit or becomes Da'at next volume. If has to go against Tohka (presumably it's the Tohka we know) with any new powers and forms he's gonna need it. Or has to go on a more sophisticated date with Tohka different from the normal dates he's had with her.
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy