AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-01, 02:46   Link #41
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
phew haven't been in this forum in a while, out of the country (in Cambodia) good thing I found this internet cafe, anyways google for japanese rice and you're find a good assortment of different kind, if you want to be adventerous look for thai sticky ric3 it's pretty decent also. ^__^
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 09:22   Link #42
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
Salt? I used water, works just as fine.
CerealKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 11:51   Link #43
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
salt gives it a salty taste... ... ... and ... lasts longer.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 20:54   Link #44
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Would cream cheese frosting be good on chocolate cake?

The reason why I am asking this, is because my 1year with my boyfriend is coming up and I wanted to make him a cake. I asked him what kind he wanted and he wondered if cream cheese frosting would be good on a chocolate cake. I didn't want to make the cake and it be nasty,so has anyone ever had cream cheese frosting on a chocolate cake before? Please help ~_~;
Homeschooler_Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 21:04   Link #45
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

no ive never tried it, but if it were me, i like cream cheese, i like chocolate cake, i like chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting! ="D
my advice is to experiment, make like a small one first, see if you like it, maybe it will be good, maybe it wont. yeh never know ;]
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 21:16   Link #46
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira_lacusXX
no ive never tried it, but if it were me, i like cream cheese, i like chocolate cake, i like chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting! ="D
my advice is to experiment, make like a small one first, see if you like it, maybe it will be good, maybe it wont. yeh never know ;]

I think i might try that, thanks ^__^
Homeschooler_Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 21:35   Link #47
Furudanuki

Your location is shown as Georgia, which I am going to assume is the state of Georgia in the USA. If you are living in Georgia, you or your boyfriend have probably encountered something called "red velvet cake", which normally has cream cheese frosting. Red velvet cake is made by adding red food coloring to a type of chocolate cake batter - that's pretty much all there is to it. Plenty of recipies for red velvet cake can be found on the Web. And yes, in my opinion, cream cheese frosting is VERY good on chocolate cake!
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 21:39   Link #48
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
That sounds so good right now... @o@
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 00:09   Link #49
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I've had a chocolate cake with cream cheese filling and it was delish, so I believe that your cream cheese frosting could be good. Assuming that you've got a good recipee for cream cheese frosting, which I've never heard of before.

Of course, kira_lacusXX's advice is still prime. Make a little one to test the flavor, before you commit. But I am quite hopeful.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 12:52   Link #50
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
do any of you shabu-shabu? and if you do, I want to hear what you put in the pot, and sauce recipies.
Fresh Crab. (Dungress Crabs are awesome)

And of course, the usual cabbage/watercress, beef, tofu, etc etc...
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 21:03   Link #51
starry_sky45
Cherry Blossom~

Send a message via AIM to starry_sky45 Send a message via MSN to starry_sky45
Thumbs up mmmm

peanut butter and crackers is so yummy-^^-
Old 2006-07-24, 22:41   Link #52
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

I have a food dilemna - I've heard of a dish that is pretty much a duck inside of a chicken, itself inside of a turkey, all cooked together at the same time. I'm really interested in the name of this (not excepting duchickey), as I haven't found it before, and it's something I'd really like to try
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 22:54   Link #53
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
I have a food dilemna - I've heard of a dish that is pretty much a duck inside of a chicken, itself inside of a turkey, all cooked together at the same time. I'm really interested in the name of this (not excepting duchickey), as I haven't found it before, and it's something I'd really like to try
That description gives me an uncontrollable urge to scream "what the hell?!!".
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 01:58   Link #54
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to complich8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
It's called Turducken.
complich8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 02:23   Link #55
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
salt gives it a salty taste... ... ... and ... lasts longer.
My family uses a small splash of vinegar before we hit the cook button (rice vinegar in our case, but I'm sure white vinegar wouldn't make a big difference for this amount) - no discernable taste, but it helps the rice last longer during the rainy season.

For shabu shabu, this is considered "typical" in Japan:
seaweed(konbu) soup stock base
enoki mushrooms (sometimes shimeji as well)
shiitake mushrooms
nappa cabbage
carrots
mizuna ("potherb mustard")
shungiki ("garland chrysanthemum")
leek (the white part towards the root)
tofu
thinly sliced pork (or beef) - I've heard this "cut" of meat is hard to find in the US

We usually have 2 types of dipping sauces - ponzu(soy sauce + sudachi) and sesame. In the ponzu sauce, we usually chuck in some grated daikon radish, sliced red pepper, and finely sliced green onions for added flavor. Grated garlic is another option.

If you add many more different ingredients, it's more nabe than shabushabu.
Old 2006-07-26, 09:52   Link #56
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by complich8
It's called Turducken.
Many thanks.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 16:49   Link #57
General_Norris
Ouendan member

The food recipe thread!!

CHICKEN WITH APPLE

Needed:

-1/4 Kg chicken per person
-Apples
-White wine
-Salt, garlic and parsley
-One stock pill

1) Prepare the chicken for the oven. Cut the apple in pieces and put them around it. Spread salt, garlic and parsley over them as your palate dictates.

2) Put it in the oven. When it is toasted turn it face down until the other face is toasted too.

3) Dissolve the pill in the wine and heat it in the microwave. Add to the chicken.

4) Eat and enjoy.

Last edited by General_Norris; 2006-11-18 at 17:03.
General_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 21:24   Link #58
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

Japanese food/recipes

Wondering if anyone has any links or ebooks for japanese recipes. I love chinese but yet havent had too much japanese. Id like to learn how to make stuff they put in a bento.
IronFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 21:40   Link #59
guess

Just the thread I need. I am looking for small size milk, like about 8 oz, maybe, white, fresh (not evaporated or flavored) milk. Do you guys know where I can buy them in bulk, say, 12 per pack? Super markets and stores only sell them induvidually. You know, the ones you have for lunch. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira_lacusXX View Post
Kira!!! Where did you get a signature like that? I did not know Ai has kids. Wasn't she too young to have kdis when she died?
Old 2006-12-01, 13:20   Link #60
drgntig
i'm psychic.god says hi.

i know a good recipe.

if you like sweets then heres a good fudge recipe.

2 cups of chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup of milk
2 table spoons of butter
and 1teaspon of vanila extract.

first you warm up the milk and butter until lite boil then you pour it to a bowl and add the chocolate to the mixture. then mix well until nochuncks are left.(note: you may keep it a bit chuncky if you want it to be. the when done mixing add the vanilla and mix that in very well. then add what ever toppings you want. i usually throw in some peanut butter ^_^.

perfect frenh fries. it kind of takes a while though.

desired amount of potatos
pot big enough hold potatos filled with water
large sauce pan half filled with oil.

first you have to halve the potatos. then add it to the water boil potatos till soft enough to pirce w/ fork. after draining and cooling slice to desiered shape and size. then put had fulls in pan.(so you can watch them). wait till golden brown then remove onto plate with a few layers of paper towels. put seasonings on while it's hot so that the flavor will sink in.yes thats it.0_o

one more for quick pinaple upside down cake

two boxs of regular betty crocker yellow cake stuff.
can of ring pineapples.
bottle of alved cherries
brown sugar
half stick butter

first make the cake by the instructions on back of box.then melt butter then put at bottem of greesed pan then mix brown sugar into butter then evenly put pineapple rings in the butter then put cherry halves in rings. then batter on top. then cook as instructions on box say. thats it.^_^
drgntig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking