AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-08-18, 20:19   Link #18181
matt619

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post

What is utterly surprising is the ending? Why would Tohka do such a thing?
Quote:
I still can't believe Tohka pull something like that in the end. As expected of the idiot princess.
Why everybody think Tohka is turned evil you guys too fast jump on conclusion here

What if she doing this for a good reason? Remember in vol. 16 (or 17? i forgot) Tohka said to Shidou how it will be better if Shidou never met Tohka in the first place? i though this was probably the foreshadow of her motive

like for example after watch Shidou suffering like she thought that his power is the root of his miserable life and wants to take Shidou sealing power off him to relieve him of his duty sp he don't have to suffer or have someone after his life anymore

another possibilities is she decided to become deity like Mio and fix everything up like probably go back to 30 years ago do destroy DEM before they kill Shinji and will sacrifice herself on the process

I think there is no way Tohka will do this out of jealousy, she is not that kinda person. she is the most selfless spirit of the bunch acting like this out of jealousy will kill her character

Last edited by matt619; 2018-08-18 at 20:31.
matt619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 20:23   Link #18182
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
What? Am I understanding you right? You think Tohka doesn’t care about the other girls and views the other girls as inferior? Where the heck are you getting this from? Tohka has always cared about the other girls, her friends, and never, ever viewed anyone as inferior. Even if, and I seriously stress the “if” here, she actually thinks that right now, it’s because of some kind of influence on her.

I’m still betting it’s as I theorized way back when, and Shidou uses the spirits’ powers to reincarnate her,and he and Tohka (and probably the other girls) raise her. Maybe Mio and Reine will both be reborn as twins.
I never said Tohka doesn't care about the others spirits what i tried to meant was only that she doesn't feel threatened by their existence and look at the way "inverse Tohka" acts and you'll see if she treats anyone as a true equal, she only ever felt threatened by Mio and also look at what she just did in the end of this volume...just hoping she won't do what Mio did or tries something more stupid...

Also i guess the way i said made it look wrong sorry for the bad english, i never said that Reine and Mio were different persons only stressed the Reine part because "she" was beside Shidou the whole time.
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 20:24   Link #18183
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt619 View Post
We were too fast jump on conclusion here

I thought some possibilities of Tohka doing this

after watch Shidou suffering like she thought that his power is the root of his miserable life and wants to take Shidou sealing power off him to relieve him of his duty

another possibilities i kinda Remember in vol. 16 (or 17? i forgot) Tohka said to Shidou how it will be better if Shidou never met Tohka in the first place? i though this was probably her motive. after watch Shidou suffering she decided to become deity like Mio and fix everything up like probably go back to 30 years ago do destroy DEM before they kill Shinji and will sacrifice herself on the process

I think there is no way Tohka will do this out of jealousy, she is not that kinda person. she is the most selfless spirit of the bunch acting like this out of jealousy will kill her character
Totally agreed on all counts. Whatever this is, the only way shes does something bad is if she’s under someone or something’s control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
I never said Tohka doesn't care about the others spirits what i tried to meant was only that she doesn't feel threatened by their existence and look at the way "inverse Tohka" acts and you'll see if she treats anyone as a true equal only she ever felt threatened by Mio and also look at what she just did in the end of this volume...just hoping she won't do what Mio did...
Inverse Tohka was.........Inverse Tohka. If you recall she tried to kill everbody when she first appeared. Tohka would never do such a thing.
Why would Tohka do what Mio did? Mio did all that for some extreme reasons, none of which have happened to Tohka.
Old 2018-08-18, 20:33   Link #18184
EvI

Quote:
Totally agreed on all counts. Whatever this is, the only way shes does something bad is if she’s under someone or something’s control.

Inverse Tohka was.........Inverse Tohka. If you recall she tried to kill everbody when she first appeared. Tohka would never do such a thing.
Why would Tohka do what Mio did? Mio did all that for some extreme reasons, none of which have happened to Tohka.
hmmm...yeah after reading what @matt619 said it's way more plausible for her to do somthing like that which is still wrong, if she does that and tries to change anything 30 years ago means not only her death, it also means Shidou death as well and she probably won't go that far...
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 20:58   Link #18185
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
I’m still betting it’s as I theorized way back when, and Shidou uses the spirits’ powers to reincarnate her,and he and Tohka (and probably the other girls) raise her. Maybe Mio and Reine will both be reborn as twins.
V19 confirms that Reine and Mio are the same mentally. Reine doesn't see a difference between herself and Mio and they fully reintegrate. Them being reincarnated as twins makes no sense.

Although the fact that Mio literally reunites with Shin in the afterlife (like, this is actually shown) kind of implies there'll be no resurrection.

I honestly agree that Tohka is probably planning to undo the series itself, though, thinking Shido would be happier that way. Like...that really makes sense.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-19, 00:15   Link #18186
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

That sounds too smart for Tohka.
Old 2018-08-19, 00:27   Link #18187
Jord
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
That sounds too smart for Tohka.
Agreed, seems like the character with the IQ of a door suddenly got an upgrade

Jokes aside, I feel like this is something reverse tohka might be doing, unless tohka understood something thanks to the current events, something that leads to her taking the desicion of using the sephira and maybe erase all the bad things that happened or delete eveything that happened since she met Shido. Well, from now on everything will be theories, we just have to wait.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-19, 00:57   Link #18188
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I think you guys are taking the running joke about her naivety and unknowing of the world too far, and confusing lack of knowledge with lack of intelligence.

Everything about her that’s “dumb” is due to her not having knowledge of things, not lacking the ability to comprehend them. Those are two very different things.
Old 2018-08-19, 01:01   Link #18189
Trung-t-rung

What Tohka lacks is basic knowledge regarding society and social norms in general. She is, however, showed to be quite efficient when it comes to battles as shown many times in the novels, able to utilize her power effectively, analyzing the enemies and thinking up tactics on the fly. Just check out Mio's battle in volume 18 or Origami Spirit form's first battle.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-19, 02:53   Link #18190
Mizo

well a guy in fb group said this : Dammit Tachibana, you just had to twist the proverbial knife further huh. Afterword, includes a brief hypothetical question of asking what everyday life would have been like if Mio had been an ordinary Spirit.

Edit: So according to Tachibana, Mio would have befriended Tohka and Mukuro due to their similar origins of being born alone. Be cautious of Miku like everyone else, and have similar problems of being isolated that would cause her to rely on Nia. Also her researching skill about Shidou would be on par with Kotori and Origami.

The author gave his answer...

so R.I.P Mio/Reine we will never see them again reincarnation/resurrection not happening ....
Mizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 16:52   Link #18191
BCMan5388

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
As for Ellen and Artemisia - side with Woodman and get unbrainwashed, respectively. We're far too late for new harem members, plus they have no plot relevance now.
I'm not sure. Considering Ellen's loyalty to Westcott, she'll probably want revenge and try to kill Shido and his gang.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 21:46   Link #18192
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMan5388 View Post
I'm not sure. Considering Ellen's loyalty to Westcott, she'll probably want revenge and try to kill Shido and his gang.
She's in love with Woodman and is upset with him for not taking her with him when he created Ratatoskr. This is outright stated in V18. She doesn't have any loyalty toward Westcott - just bitterness toward Woodman. Bitterness that all but evaporated over the course of a single fight with him in V18.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go
Old 2018-08-22, 21:02   Link #18193
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
She's in love with Woodman and is upset with him for not taking her with him when he created Ratatoskr. This is outright stated in V18. She doesn't have any loyalty toward Westcott - just bitterness toward Woodman. Bitterness that all but evaporated over the course of a single fight with him in V18.
Then it's settled, Artemisia can join Shidou's harem and Ellen can go be with Woodman. I rather see both in the harem but I be happy with just this. Of course I'm not saying all this it's going to occur but if it did either outcome is welcomed in my opinion.
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 21:51   Link #18194
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouta6659 View Post
Then it's settled, Artemisia can join Shidou's harem and Ellen can go be with Woodman. I rather see both in the harem but I be happy with just this. Of course I'm not saying all this it's going to occur but if it did either outcome is welcomed in my opinion.
Considering that the series is literally at its end, there's no time for any new members of the harem.

Letting Go
Old 2018-08-24, 10:04   Link #18195
Mizo

for anyone interested ...sales for vol 19 in japan
Spoiler for sales:

Last edited by Mizo; 2018-08-24 at 11:21.
Mizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 18:56   Link #18196
tuckersister

I'm surprised that DAB 4 is on that list.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 20:33   Link #18197
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
I'm surprised that DAB 4 is on that list.
People wanted their Swimsuit Kurumi.
Old 2018-08-30, 23:10   Link #18198
maton456full

Date a Live Encore Volume 8 for October.
maton456full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-31, 04:46   Link #18199
tuckersister

I'm guessing Vol 20 will released in November or December.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-31, 04:49   Link #18200
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maton456full View Post
Date a Live Encore Volume 8 for October.
I have expected this. Time to get Origami on the cover.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy