AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-03-24, 01:58   Link #41
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Trailer needed more BABY DON DON

Glad that Gridman actually looks like Gridman, and not overly Tron-esque like the initial preview image of it did.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2018-03-24, 02:02   Link #42
The 48th Ronin

^ That earlier visual might be for the upcoming Ultraman anime.
Old 2018-03-24, 02:03   Link #43
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
^ That earlier visual might be for the upcoming Ultraman anime.
I was referring to this:

I can see where the lines might appear in the PV, but at least they aren't always on like this visual suggested.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2018-03-24, 02:14   Link #44
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I was referring to this:

I can see where the lines might appear in the PV, but at least they aren't always on like this visual suggested.
I saw that long ago. I was just joking.

Either they changed something halfway in production, or Gridman's getting a super form or something.
Old 2018-03-24, 19:02   Link #45
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
I wasn't expecting children as the focus
- Well, the original JP Gridman series' main characters were kids,so I'm okay with it.

And yeah, MUCH preferring the more traditional Gridman look here.
Old 2018-03-25, 02:18   Link #46
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

looking forward for this series
Old 2018-03-25, 23:46   Link #47
ScrewySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

looking forward for this series
that's the 2015 short that Trigger did for Anime Expo (one of 4 They did, if I recall), if the show is half this awesome, It'll be greast
Old 2018-05-05, 18:03   Link #48
iko_uwais

just realized that the tagline on the official website, "hitori janai. Itsunohimo, dokomademo (Never alone. Everyday, everywhere)", are words taken from the lyrics of the original OP. Really hope they use the original OP or at least a re-recorded version
Old 2018-06-13, 12:52   Link #49
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

[Anime Expo] Anime Expo to host World Premiere of SSSS.Gridman

Old 2018-06-13, 14:43   Link #50
iko_uwais

Seeing how most of the comments about the series seems to revolved around how they hope it will be interesting because it's trigger, or comparing it to Franxx, or about how many fanservice will be in it, makes me sad. It makes me realized how little people actually know about the source material, or that the writer of the new anime series is a veteran tokusatsu writer most-known for writing some of the best Ultraman series, including being head writer for Ultraman Nexus.
Old 2018-06-13, 15:42   Link #51
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Seeing how most of the comments about the series seems to revolved around how they hope it will be interesting because it's trigger, or comparing it to Franxx, or about how many fanservice will be in it, makes me sad. It makes me realized how little people actually know about the source material, or that the writer of the new anime series is a veteran tokusatsu writer most-known for writing some of the best Ultraman series, including being head writer for Ultraman Nexus.
well, a while ago I told to my nephew that he should read the manga to understand the story of Tokyo Ghoul because in this issue the animation clearly did not give much importance, he replied that he did not watch anime for the story, he is 13 years old, and I think his generation thinks more or less like that.
Old 2018-06-14, 21:26   Link #52
Blueknight78

wow that looks interesting.

To be fair about tokusatsu, excluding the modern power rangers, my youth was , ultraman, spectreman, metalder, machine man, jaspion, jaspoin 2, jiraya,jiban, first kamen rider, bicrosses, lion-maru amd lion-maru g, change-man, flashman, go go five, maskman, cybercops and godzilla movies.

then after that i get some random here and there like some kame rider later variations then ended going to american power rangers, but overal that where my main addictions to that world.

Looking foward to that.

Ps: man i''m really old >.<. my "old brothers, comes from "nationalo kido and ultra seven.
Old 2018-06-15, 06:16   Link #53
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

makes me wonder who's going do the toys as the original DX toys were made by pre-TOMY merger Takara and then there's the Bandai version released under the Ultra-Act line (not just consisting of Ultraman characters but also included other Tsuburaya properties).
Old 2018-06-15, 12:24   Link #54
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
makes me wonder who's going do the toys as the original DX toys were made by pre-TOMY merger Takara and then there's the Bandai version released under the Ultra-Act line (not just consisting of Ultraman characters but also included other Tsuburaya properties).
Probably Bandai. Then again, can't the rights for the toys be shared? For example, there are different companies holding rights to make Godzilla toys from the movies. Some of them are Bandai, NECA & X-Plus. When Shin Godzilla movie came out, they released their movie-based figures with no problems.
Old 2018-06-16, 06:48   Link #55
EroKing

Old 2018-06-17, 21:33   Link #56
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Is that the best quality scan there is? I can’t read the text, and the imgur link doesn’t have a better quality version.
Old 2018-06-18, 00:10   Link #57
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

considering the homage sub-title used for this, does the Japanese audience are even aware of the Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad adaptation to get the reference?
Old 2018-06-18, 00:57   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
considering the homage sub-title used for this, does the Japanese audience are even aware of the Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad adaptation to get the reference?
Today's audience most likely not. Many of them don't even know what Gridman was/is. Heck, there are my friends of the same generation who didn't know Gridman/SSSS even back then. It's more or less a niche.
Old 2018-06-18, 13:09   Link #59
ScrewySquirrel

I vaguely remember SSSS and thinking it a cheaper knockoff of power rangers.
Old 2018-06-19, 22:32   Link #60
iko_uwais

my copy of animage just arrived, and according to the interview with director Amemiya, Yuuta (orange-haired guy) is the one to transform into Gridman. Somehow that thing he's wearing on his wrist reminds of the accepter.
Closed Thread