AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2018-10-10, 08:15   Link #501
Devaki
Kiseki no Yūsha

Jikogu Sensei Nube ---> Yukime was introduced later in the series while Nube's main crush/love interest in the beginning is Ritsuko-sensei.

You can even argue that twintail Kyouko is the actual main heroine of the series but obviously it didn't go into teacher-student route.

Oh about the list, what happen to Negima? you still didn't added it yet? I think along with TWGOK they may considered as the "ultimate" due to number of the heroines and eventually unexpected winner in the end
Old 2018-10-10, 09:19   Link #502
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Nube has no end

Negima's end is unreliable due to parallel world shit
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-10, 12:50   Link #503
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Added manga Back to The Kaasan
Old 2018-10-10, 14:30   Link #504
Tenzen12

Huh, did BtKs already ended? I though it's ongoing.

Btw, while it's not finished yet Erika from My Vampire Older Sister and my Zombie little sister is comfirmed to be indexed hard.

Spoiler for meta-massage:

Though it was pretty obvious even if author didn't say it loud
Old 2018-10-10, 19:54   Link #505
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Eh, it's like Fudatsuki no Kyouko-chan
Nobody cares about the glasses class rep except the MC
Same case with Planet With

BtKs I read the raw
Old 2018-10-10, 23:37   Link #506
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Left bubble is completely right
Sick of stories where Main Heroine is Main Heroine and won in the end simply because she met the MC first
Like Emilia
Old 2018-10-11, 06:30   Link #507
Devaki
Kiseki no Yūsha

^ But what if the destined Main Heroine lost? isn't that would destroy the premise and people's expectation?

btw, what manga?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Nube has no end

Negima's end is unreliable due to parallel world shit

Nube ended long time ago, he married Yukime in the end.

Happy ending timeline shown in UQ Holder are canon to the original Negima final chapter.
Old 2018-10-11, 11:27   Link #508
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaki View Post
^ But what if the destined Main Heroine lost? isn't that would destroy the premise and people's expectation?

btw, what manga?
Let it be destroyed

Manga

Quote:
Nube ended long time ago, he married Yukime in the end.

Happy ending timeline shown in UQ Holder are canon to the original Negima final chapter.
I don't remember anything like that, image or didn't happen

In UQ Holder thread, nobody said it was confirmed
Old 2018-10-11, 18:20   Link #509
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

Quote:
isn't that depend on how the premise of the story?
for example is Nisekoi, the premise is "promise 10 years ago with the words Forever love", and they reveal the promise is with Onodera, so Chitoge win is the same as destroying the premise of forever love and didn't keep the promise too.
of course you can argue that the title is false love, and his love to Onodera is false love. but it doesn't change the fact the premise of the story is not false love but "promise and forever love".
so Nisekoi is example of Main Heroine win is destroying the premise. not all destined main heroine lost will mean destroying the premise.
Old 2018-10-12, 05:06   Link #510
Devaki
Kiseki no Yūsha

Quote:
I don't remember anything like that, image or didn't happen
Spoiler for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯:

Quote:
In UQ Holder thread, nobody said it was confirmed
Because it was very obvious already, if not try similar thread on Reddit or somewhere else for detailed discussion about the timelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
for example is Nisekoi, the premise is "promise 10 years ago with the words Forever love", and they reveal the promise is with Onodera, so Chitoge win is the same as destroying the premise of forever love and didn't keep the promise too.
of course you can argue that the title is false love, and his love to Onodera is false love. but it doesn't change the fact the premise of the story is not false love but "promise and forever love".
so Nisekoi is example of Main Heroine win is destroying the premise. not all destined main heroine lost will mean destroying the premise.
What I mean it's about the premise how Main Heroine is guaranteed to win in the end, regardless the story

Whether it's about to keep or change the destined/promised one, Main Heroine can do both roles.

Like you said, Nisekoi is a classic example tho.
Old 2018-10-12, 06:03   Link #511
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Oh god...
Added Nube manga
Miki best girl tho
Old 2018-10-12, 06:51   Link #512
Tenzen12

Quote:
Or story could make simple point that promise of "ethernal love" is meaningless when it's just play pretend done by kids who are barely or not even yet elementary school students. Because let's be honest, decade in that growth period is enough to make one completely different person afterall.

But well noone make story about girl reuniting with her beloved person from childhood and find he is greasy, disgusting, fat,hikiNEET, internet troll and LGBT activist. Which is actually pretty shame, it sound like good premise...
Old 2018-10-12, 12:50   Link #513
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

Quote:
What I mean it's about the premise how Main Heroine is guaranteed to win in the end, regardless the story

Whether it's about to keep or change the destined/promised one, Main Heroine can do both roles.

Like you said, Nisekoi is a classic example tho.
Aw, damn, then just like Erotora said, let it be destroyed, and betraying people expectation in a good way, lol. (although for me, it's of course depending on how the premise of the story)

^I don't know what you are talking about, it's still doesn't change the fact that "eternal love" is the premise and Author make Chitoge win with betraying that premise while He had a choice to make her win without betraying the premise.

He can make Chitoge as the promised one. that way, He can make Chitoge win without betraying the premise and his love towards Onodera is indeed a false one as what he truly love from the start is Chitoge (like what he promise in the past) and Chitoge is his eternal love. But Author didn't do that.

rather make eternal love (like the premise of the story) win, he make new love win.
IF there is a sequel with the same pattern, the story will be like this.
Ichijou had married with Chitoge, then at his workplace, there is a new heroine suddenly appear that got close to him, in the end He realized that the one he truly love is the new girl, not his wife (just like what happen to Onodera).
Old 2018-10-12, 13:11   Link #514
Tenzen12

Again childhood promises of ethernal love is worthless, because it's done by kids, who know heck about love or relationships. It has around same weight as when they say they will become astronauts and princesess. If story aknowledge that much it can't be that bad (though I am not gonna finish Nisekoi, it was boring).

Marital oath is in other hand something adults make after thoroughly thinking it over and understanding weight of commitment (or that's how it should be at least). Going after "new love" means breaking promise made in front of God (Either that or Las Vegas guy), which is much bigger deal then not being able became astronaut.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2018-10-12 at 13:24.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-12, 13:33   Link #515
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

I think we talk about 2 different thing.
I talked about Nisekoi, you talk about real life.
Is childhood promises of eternal love is worthless in real life? Yes.
Is childhood promises of eternal love is worthless in Nisekoi story? No.
there is no character in Nisekoi that think childhood promises of ethernal love is worthless.
Old 2018-10-12, 13:40   Link #516
Tenzen12

Well, dropped Nisekoi so I wouldn't know, but apperently it was worthless enough to start dating other girl instead , isn't it? I think it makes pretty neat aesop.
Old 2018-10-12, 17:46   Link #517
Devaki
Kiseki no Yūsha

Quote:
He can make Chitoge as the promised one. that way, He can make Chitoge win without betraying the premise and his love towards Onodera is indeed a false one as what he truly love from the start is Chitoge (like what he promise in the past) and Chitoge is his eternal love. But Author didn't do that.
Breaking the predetermined and create your own destiny is rather popular theme in fictions these days.

If Onodera is not the promised girl, it mean she lost in expected way in which Secondary Heroine is Secondary Heroine and she can't change the fate.

But she is the promised girl, so not only the fate has changed, but furthermore the author sink Onodera ship in the hardest and painful way possible....

Now I believe what people said about him hates Onodera is true

Quote:
rather make eternal love (like the premise of the story) win, he make new love win.
IF there is a sequel with the same pattern, the story will be like this.
Ichijou had married with Chitoge, then at his workplace, there is a new heroine suddenly appear that got close to him, in the end He realized that the one he truly love is the new girl, not his wife (just like what happen to Onodera).
They are not same at all, this is pretty much NTR level.

One was promise made in happy go luck childhood days before separation and finding new love years later when the hormones kick in.

The other one was a married life with full of commitment as an adult and also legally life partners.

Quote:
Added manga Back to The Kaasan
^ Just finish this.

Example when Tsundere character done right

Last edited by Devaki; 2018-10-12 at 18:24.
Devaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-12, 19:52   Link #518
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

so Author choose drama over consistency of the premise of the story? Yeah, I agree with you.

I said it is same pattern, not the same level.
it is the same level? nope.
it is the same pattern? yes.
also, it is not just childhood promise, but Author show us that Ichijou love Onodera for the entire series except the ending.

I just remember Shin Sekai Yori (it had good rating in MAL, so I read spoiler first before watch it, but it had Ha Yay and Les Yay, so I didn't watch it), but it can qualify for this depend on who you consider as Protag and Main Heroine/Main Hero.
Old 2018-10-12, 21:31   Link #519
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Oh yeah, Shin Sekai Yori added

And regarding Nisekoi
That shit is a big big farce
In the One-Shot Onodera didn't even exist
The entire premise was about the fake relationship of Raku and Chitoge
The serialization was a gigantic fillers
Old 2018-10-12, 23:19   Link #520
Tenzen12

Btw Working! Got decesively finished without any sudden last chapter twists.

Tags
non-main heroine, romance, spoiler, sub-heroine is the best, twist end