AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-24, 19:32   Link #81
Wandering Soul

Favorite part of this episode for me was the moment when Sakuta tried to take advantage of being stuck in a time loop, only for it to end the very next day.
Old 2018-10-24, 19:52   Link #82
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

how dare they remove mai from the ending. the interactions between characters were pretty great, per the norm. gotta love how Sakuta gets screwed when he tries to have some fun with the loop. but it looks like Mai will be understanding enough.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-24, 20:53   Link #83
Top Sergeant

Heh he's got one chance to save the relationship with Mai, and that is to come clean right now and be completely honest with her.
Old 2018-10-24, 21:06   Link #84
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

It will be amusing to watch Sakuta be "completely honest" with Mai, though.

"Sorry, Mai-san, there's this kouhai who wants me to be her boyfriend till the start of summer, and we'll be going for our first date soon."

Will Bunny Girl senpai accept this the way she would likely expect a cheeky younger boy to accept the things she'll have to do in an acting role, such as kissing, for example?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 05:13   Link #85
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Will Bunny Girl senpai accept this the way she would likely expect a cheeky younger boy to accept the things she'll have to do in an acting role, such as kissing, for example?

This won't happen (at least I hope it doesn't), but Mai makes Sakuta wear the 'bunny-girl' outfit when he goes out on his date, as penance/punishment of course.
Old 2018-10-25, 05:14   Link #86
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Heh he's got one chance to save the relationship with Mai, and that is to come clean right now and be completely honest with her.
Gotta say, I'm not used to my anime making so much sense. I was expecting overblown drama or for Mai to disappear for the entire arc. At best, I expected a Senjougahara-level pencil threat-- not for Mai to initiate the confrontation in such a level-headed manner. She's a keeper!

Now for Sakuta to come clean!
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-26, 13:09   Link #87
Tranhieu

Touyama Nao really carried this episode! The interaction between Koga and Sakuta was the best so far, surpassed bunny sempai's even!
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-27, 01:01   Link #88
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Easily the best show this season
Old 2018-10-27, 02:32   Link #89
RDNexus

Surprisingly enough, there's people in my country who raised an eyebrow to this story when it appeared on "a certain site"'s top series of this cour, alongside SAO Alicization, and even call both of them trash.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-27, 05:40   Link #90
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm guessing that once you've "solved" your adolescence syndrome, you're essentially immune from someone else's reality bending manifestation of it? It would seem Mai isn't aware of one happening right now, much like everyone else aside from Sakuta and Koga.

On that end I'm not exactly sure how "Laplace's Demon" applies to this if we were being strict. I assume it's less about Koga being able to affect a predetermined set of events, but more like she (and Sakuta now by extension) being stuck in Groundhog Day unless they specifically manage to avoid a specific predetermined event that will allow them to progress beyond whatever day(s) they get stuck in? I suspect that maybe this arc will also have to deal with them having to also figure out which events to "break" will be needed to allow time to progress?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-27, 12:10   Link #91
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW, they have school on Saturday too? That's...brutal
Old 2018-10-27, 15:21   Link #92
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
BTW, they have school on Saturday too? That's...brutal
It's usually a half-day rather than a full day, with club activities like sports in the afternoon for some.
Old 2018-10-27, 19:05   Link #93
Itlandm
Porcupine

--This series continues to move forward much faster than I expect, what with this resolving already on the third day. Kick-ass girl basically delivered herself to our unsuspecting detective, like a deus ex machina (demon ex machina?) with no need to look for her.

--Kick-ass girl looks so timid, but she is actually the exact opposite. She's like the kind of predator that clamps its jaws around the prey and doesn't let go.

--Why didn't you go explain to Mai? What is wrong with you to think you have all the time in the world?

--That said, maybe he should just have gone back to the 27th again now that he knows how, and try some other approach. Re:Zero style, only without the pain. Well, without the physical pain at least.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-27, 19:39   Link #94
eisai_haramasukoi

I'm having Endless Eight flashbacks with this episode. At least Sakuta isn't dealing with a god-like being.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-27, 23:36   Link #95
SeaDoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD3LF0N53 View Post
I'm having Endless Eight flashbacks with this episode. At least Sakuta isn't dealing with a god-like being.
I believe that might be a form of severely delayed post-traumatic stress syndrome.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-28, 02:35   Link #96
moridin84
Custom User Title

Rather than a simple groundhog day, it seems like we might be getting an Re:Zero style multiple save points.

I like how they aren't going to do some half-assed relationship reset or some melodrama around it. Instead, it looks like Mai will be "in the know", although I imagine she won't have much of a role in this arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
--Why didn't you go explain to Mai? What is wrong with you to think you have all the time in the world?
Ht didn't do it on the day because it figured it would reset. He checked with her the morning afterward but she didn't come to school.

I think he was planning to ring her that evening but I guess she wanted him to rush her apartment in a panic.

She did agree to go out with him in the previous loops so he's probably pretty confident of her feelings. And she is a rational person so he's confident that she'll listen to his explanations.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-28, 23:52   Link #97
MgMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post

--Kick-ass girl looks so timid, but she is actually the exact opposite. She's like the kind of predator that clamps its jaws around the prey and doesn't let go.
^Exactly, but I doubt it'll amount to much since it's not that type of anime. Even so, it's still a kinda stupid of him going along with her whims when it directly affects his relationship.

I'm dead curios to see what Mai's reaction will be when he'll be like " Hey Mai-san, I know we become a couple not too long ago but I'm gonna be pretending to go out with this girl for a while. You totally don't mind that right? Right...?"
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-30, 12:49   Link #98
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 06:15.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-30, 17:54   Link #99
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Poor Koga and her butt .

(She does have a pretty good one though )

(Is this a swimsuit or a dress?)
Old 2018-10-30, 22:57   Link #100
Applehell

Confessing your feelings and then not dating is such an anime thing.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem