Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-04, 09:58   Link #1481
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
True, plus there is no guaranteed that they will perform better this time with their new sword. GS's advice of using club is actually helping them to perform better as their club is no longer "stuck" the dead monsters and leave them open for a second.
Who said anything about "new sword" in my scenario? I said "New Weapon" which can be anything that the bloke can use better. Maybe even a better version of the club that he used in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Thing is male tsunderes are blushing too, despite not being gays. It's come with going against own pride and being honest instead. That usualy happen before romantic affetion, but it's not only reason why they could do that.
We're not talking about male tsunderes in this case. We're talking about female tsunderes. Male tsunderes are not within my argument.
Old 2018-11-04, 10:01   Link #1482
Liddo-kun
is this so?

If this were a game and the two newbies are the main characters. To complete the sewer quest. They would talk to npc "witch" to obtain item = purple candle. Then talk to "guild girl" npc to enable conversation with "goblin slayer" npc, obtain item = Club.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 10:06   Link #1483
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

We're not talking about male tsunderes in this case. We're talking about female tsunderes. Male tsunderes are not within my argument.
They should be, because there aside of gender there is no difference between two. Of course heterosexual female tsundere still would blush when becoming honest with same gender friend as well Love Lab for example shows that.
Old 2018-11-04, 10:12   Link #1484
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
They should be, because there aside of gender there is no difference between two. Of course heterosexual female tsundere still would blush when becoming honest with same gender friend as well Love Lab for example shows that.
Male tsunderes is just another can of worms that I don't want to touch. Thus, my "rules" (which more like anime-rules, really) only applied to (hetero) female tsunderes. If you want to have an argument about male tsunderes then suit yourself, but I wont participate.

Also, your Love Lab example is not a tsundere-shy. It's just a simple shy if the girl is a true Hetero and not a Bi.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2018-11-04 at 10:23.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 10:19   Link #1485
Tenzen12

Sure, but if you exclude relevant sample for whatever reason you can't claim your conclusions are objectively truth.

Doesn't change that even heterosexual female tsundere would blush with female friends, which imply it's not related romantic feelings. Anyone with crush would be embarassed into certain degree talking with object of their affections. But that's not sole reason why female could be embarassed interacting with male.
Old 2018-11-04, 10:29   Link #1486
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Sure, but if you exclude relevant sample for whatever reason you can't claim your conclusions are objectively truth.
Yes, yes I can. For example, I can make an argument about my own mother's behavior because I really know her. I can challenge anyone in an argument when it comes to the truth about my mother's behavior. However, I will not make an argument about others' mothers because I simply don't know them. That's a simple logic. Same case with hetero female tsunderes. I know them best so I can argue with anyone about them. I don't know much about male tsunderes, so I'll do nothing about it.

Quote:
Doesn't change that even heterosexual female tsundere would blush with female friends, which imply it's not related romantic feelings. Anyone with crush would be embarassed into certain degree talking with object of their affections. But that's not sole reason why female could be embarassed interacting with male.
Again, that blushing example above is not a result of tsundere-shyness. That's just shyness. The case between HEA & GS is tsundere-shyness.
Old 2018-11-04, 10:35   Link #1487
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
In my scenario, retrieving the old sword is not the priority. In my scenario, they already got a better weapon from selling the candle. They can still ask for advises and they can still go back to the sewer when they're ready. If they can slay a good number of those roaches, they just might get lucky and get the old sword back = EXP + cash + weapons, right?
That's a best case scenario. Another is that they fail again, lose the new sword (which isn't a more appropriate anti-rat weapon than the first sword), and have nothing.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 10:37   Link #1488
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

No one is commenting on the fact that in the end it turns out the rookie fighter had a knife the whole time?

I mean, okay, perhaps in realistic terms a knife isn't really a good weapon of choice if you fight monsters, but in game logic terms it is perfectly fine. Whether it is D&D or your average RPG, you only get a slightly lesser damage output compared to a sword. There are even specific classes that can only use short blades.

Even in realistic terms the only problem that comes with a knife, compared to a sword, is that it has a short range and it requires to get a lot closer to the target than you'd want. You'd definitely would want a knife rather than a club otherwise.

But this is a world where people fight monsters barehanded.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 10:38   Link #1489
Tenzen12

Quote:
Yes, yes I can. For example, I can make an argument about my own mother's behavior because I really know her. I can challenge anyone in an argument when it comes to the truth about my mother's behavior. However, I will not make an argument about others' mothers because I simply don't know them. That's a simple logic. Same case with hetero female tsunderes. I know them best so I can argue with anyone about them. I don't know much about male tsunderes, so I'll do nothing about it.

Again, that blushing example above is not a result of tsundere-shyness. That's just shyness. The case between HEA & GS is tsundere-shyness.
And how you difference between Tsundere being tsundere-shy and just being reguralry shy?

Only difference I can see is in one case Tsundere have crush and in other, well not, even though they reacting completely same. So as far as I can see your argument goes:

She has crush ->so it's Tsundere-shy -> thus she has crush.
Old 2018-11-04, 10:41   Link #1490
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That's a best case scenario. Another is that they fail again, lose the new sword (which isn't a more appropriate anti-rat weapon than the first sword), and have nothing.
Again, I said "new weapon" not "new sword". Why is everybody keep saying that my scenario only involved a new sword? The bloke can simply use a better version of the club after his conversation with GS and do a better job slaying rats & roaches. Of course there are always worst-case scenario in every possibility but that's not the point of this discussion. The point is: I think there's a better way to do that sewer mission and I see no solid rebuttal of my scenario so far.

Quote:
And how you difference between Tsundere being tsundere-shy and just being reguralry shy?

Only difference I can see is in one case Tsundere have crush and in other not, even though they reacting completely same. So as far as I can see your argument goes?

She has crush ->so it's Tsundere-shy -> thus she has crush.
Anime-HEA's entire mannerism towards GS is a classic tsundere through and through (not in Emilia way). Source-reader like you may deny it, but the showrunner's intention with the scene is obvious. If you still deny that then it's time to agree to disagree.
Old 2018-11-04, 10:49   Link #1491
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
No one is commenting on the fact that in the end it turns out the rookie fighter had a knife the whole time?
It did make me pause a little but personally, if it were a choice between using a club or a knife when fighting a giant cockroach, I'd rather go with the club.

Of course the smarter option would be to just attach the knife to the club for a free makeshift spear.

The rookie sidestory was interesting on the whole but in the end I'll file it under the evergrowing list called "Things Grimgar Did Better".
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 10:50   Link #1492
Tenzen12

Again classic tsundere mannerism doesn't prove crush because they do it regardless of gender of other person. And in first place HEA is not classic tsundere in first place. Her Tsun is not protective shell, she genuinely hate way Orgbolg does things and her "Dere" wanting help him because she is more fortunate and knows better. That doesn't change regardless of potential romantic feelings.

But yeah, we can just agree to disagree and move on.
Old 2018-11-04, 10:56   Link #1493
Applehell

Eh, this episode was kinda of meh. The random adventurers just wasn't interesting to follow for half of it and we didn't learn much of anything from them about the world other adverting is hard and some of them are assholes which we already know. The principal cast don't get anything in the way of characterization either other than a bit on GG's end despite this being one of those downtime episodes were it would be prominent. The only real thing of note (pun unintended) was the letter GS received at the end. Otherwise this felt lacking even the context of this being a transitional episode.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 10:57   Link #1494
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It did make me pause a little but personally, if it were a choice between using a club or a knife when fighting a giant cockroach, I'd rather go with the club.
Terraformars' roaches approve!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The rookie sidestory was interesting on the whole but in the end I'll file it under the evergrowing list called "Things Grimgar Did Better".
This one, I approve .
Old 2018-11-04, 11:01   Link #1495
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Eh, this episode was kind meh. The random adventurers just wasn't interesting to follow for half of it and we didn't learn much of anything from them about the world other adverting is hard and some of them are assholes which we already know. The principal cast don't get anything in the way of characterization either despite this being one of those downtime episodes were it would be prominent. The only real of note (pun unintended) was the letter GS received at the end. Otherwise this felt lacking even the context of this being a transitional episode.
-Priestess got promoted and got sense of accomplishment. Even if she was carried by silvers, it does mean she pulled her weight, whereas some other adventurers would be stuck in porcelain for a while.
-Goblin Slayer was shown humble to the point that he laments the fact he couldn't save her team mates. This is another indication that GS isn't just some kind of guy with a tunnel vision but consider adventurers welfare too.
-HEA actually tried to invite GS for an adventure, which is quite quick considering they only worked together once
-Lancer and Sorceress don't mind helping newbies, but they'd rather push them to a certain direction instead

That episode actually has way more characterization than what you are crediting it for. But yes, it is mostly a transition episode so it was mostly covering what's going on aside of goblin slaying stuff, and the main characters for that side story are just some background characters, so no surprise it doesn't really have much weight.
Personally, it is because of the characterization that the episode is fair enough. I'm more annoyed by the general low quality and pacing of this episode (and the few details they glossed for whatever weird reason)
Old 2018-11-04, 11:07   Link #1496
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Is there nobody commenting about the Sorceress's "Extra Dimensional Storage Space" or something?
And of course that such space can be found on her boobs .
But yeah, this is slowly becoming an harem. At least three girls are now interested on GS. Too much moe, cute faces and VAs. It's definitely not the type of show i was expecting after that first episode. It still has a good fantasy atmosphere from the most part but i'm slowly losing interest on it as time goes by. I just really dislike seeing such female characters (design and personality-wise) in dark fantasy stories. It's a real turn off . Luckily, i had Castlevania S2 a few days ago so i kinda killed my hunger for characters suiting my taste in this genre i like so much.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 11:35   Link #1497
RDNexus

I've seen Castlevania S1, but when S2 came around I didn't feel like picking it up.
There's a limit to how much of a dark setting I can take
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 11:46   Link #1498
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Well, the knife is more of a tool than a weapon in this case - nobody fights giant monsters with a teenie knife, but you can carve up their corpses with it. I will agree, however, that selling the sorceress' candle would net them enough money to buy a proper weapon.

On the subject of weapon limitations: they're there. A master marksman can loan a longbow to a newbie, but whether the latter can use it or not depends on their experience. By the same token, a number of weapons are excluded; whip, rapier, spiked chain, spike shield, quarterstaff, flail, etc. Of course, magic items are included, but even something as simple to use as a spear (point and push forward) takes years to actually master, so, depending on certain conditions, these limitations only become more obvious.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 11:49   Link #1499
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
-Priestess got promoted and got sense of accomplishment. Even if she was carried by silvers, it does mean she pulled her weight, whereas some other adventurers would be stuck in porcelain for a while.
-Goblin Slayer was shown humble to the point that he laments the fact he couldn't save her team mates. This is another indication that GS isn't just some kind of guy with a tunnel vision but consider adventurers welfare too.
-HEA actually tried to invite GS for an adventure, which is quite quick considering they only worked together once
-Lancer and Sorceress don't mind helping newbies, but they'd rather push them to a certain direction instead
I supposed you're right on Priestess, but guess because I didn't feel it had affect her character it didn't come across as anything important, just kind of a footnote. There is has yet to be anything done with HEA's request and we know she going to do this anyway because she made her personal goal.

I'm pretty sure we have seen all of rest in some form or another. The Sorceress helped out Priestess in an earlier episode showing off that side, so I wasn't surprised she helped the newbies. GS not being entirely single minded about his vendetta is clear at this point, as he's displayed care for others in his own awkward way several times now. I mean showing him more mundane tasks is okay, but he's too internal of a character for just that to be enough.

Quote:
That episode actually has way more characterization than what you are crediting it for. But yes, it is mostly a transition episode so it was mostly covering what's going on aside of goblin slaying stuff, and the main characters for that side story are just some background characters, so no surprise it doesn't really have much weight.
Personally, it is because of the characterization that the episode is fair enough. I'm more annoyed by the general low quality and pacing of this episode (and the few details they glossed for whatever weird reason)
Like didn't mind episode like this, but they usually need strong dialogue, direction and framing devices to carry them. It's harder to do with a protagonist like GS until he opens up more than he is at this point. Relying in generic nobodies to shore that up doesn't work as well as when they are pretty bland.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 12:45   Link #1500
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Adventurers are expected to cut the rat ear as proof they have slain them.
Not an unreasonable request in and of itself, albeit with issues others have noted below. Thanks, by the way, of reminding me of a saying popular among the Mockers (the thieves' guild from Midkemia; thank you Raymond E. Feist): "you can't be sure the cat is dead until the cat is skinned". Which led to the phrase "until the cat is skinned" being used as an affirmation that you're willing to stick with the job at hand to the end.

Also, kill markers... whether literal markings (quite common on WW2 aircraft, I understand), or the wearing of trophies from said kills (for example, the ogre could have had a bandolier decorated with terminally unlucky adventurers' tags).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Only in GServse that weapon durability is actually something you need to concern with it while in other anime/manga, one guy can kill 10000 things with the very same sword because he is high level.
Indeed. I would also note a few games actually have this as a factor; how well it's handled varies widely.

Spoiler for Examples, mostly fictional:
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disturbing content, fantasy, tragedy