AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-14, 09:52   Link #361
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

one more episode for this painful arc

Shizue Izawa would be always one of my favorite tragic heroine... She got so many potentials
This is probably why we don't get any strong heroine in this series anymore because Shizu played a really huge part in the world and Rimuru's life

so Ifrit vs Veldora would be on going inside Rimuru's belly forever?
I wonder if there would actually time when Veldora break free from his seal

It is a very letdown after the fire resistance revelation... should put some level for the resistance
it is pure cheat
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 10:00   Link #362
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
one more episode for this painful arc

Shizue Izawa would be always one of my favorite tragic heroine... She got so many potentials
This is probably why we don't get any strong heroine in this series anymore because Shizu played a really huge part in the world and Rimuru's life

so Ifrit vs Veldora would be on going inside Rimuru's belly forever?
I wonder if there would actually time when Veldora break free from his seal

It is a very letdown after the fire resistance revelation... should put some level for the resistance
it is pure cheat
From the beginning Rimuru never had "Fire Resistance". What he had gained during reicanarnation was "Heat Resistance" and Heat is obviously a higher level concept and therefore most likely on a higher tier than Fire. On top of that Heat Resistance combined with "Cold Resistance" (which logically is also higher tier than "Ice Resistance") and resulted in "Temperature Flactuation Resistance" which is probably even higher, since else there'd be no real point to combine Heat and Cold Resistance.

So even though it's still only a "Resistance" and not "Nullifcation/Immunity", from a practical standpoint Rimuru might as well have Fire Immunity, since his resistance type is 1.5 - 2 tiers higher than the attack's.

EDIT:
This "practically Fire Immunity" is not perfect immunity though. As mentioned in one of the other mediums (don't remember which it was between WN/LN/manga):
Spoiler for other medium:

Last edited by GreyZone; 2018-11-14 at 10:10.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 11:35   Link #363
Yan3242

People who still bothered with shizue dragon quest slime meme... yeah its probably not a solid basis to advance the plot but....

Imagine you are in shizue shoes, you have a companion for years and one of them is hardcore gamer/otaku/whatever and every month, every day, every hour, every moment he will repeat this specific line because its tacky.

imagine if your partner always say "its a me... mario" for every given chance, when someone ask who is he?, stuff he say after he kill an enemy?, when someone ask who did this? When you ask who make/cook/bring/destroy this? 80% of the time he will say "its me... mario"

Trust me, doesnt matter if you are from meiji era or outer space, that line will plastered in your mind.

Its basically like this day meme, years ago if someone say "*xxx* i dont feel so good" line to me, i wouldnt know where that come from or what is that even mean. Now? I understood that reference.
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 15:11   Link #364
Applehell

Whoa, fried chicken!

Was decent episode although Shizu's flashback was rather choppy transtionwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomrider7 View Post
I can elaborate on both of these. They're using material from the LN for the part with Shizu's past and the reason they consider her a close friend already is because they've been traveling with her for a good long while since from Guild HQ in Blumund to where they were is a one month trip by foot. That's why they looked like crap when they reported back to the Guild Master and were so pissed that they had to go back there so soon.
Problem is there nothing in the anime to help you infer this. We just supposed to buy that Shizu and the adventurers are really close all of sudden despite the fact last time we see them they only just met.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 15:26   Link #365
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Problem is there nothing in the anime to help you infer this. We just supposed to buy that Shizu and the adventurers are really close all of sudden despite the fact last time we see them they only just met.
I can understand why couldn't show more of them traveling together since it would've took some episode time to do all that. It's sadly one of the many downside of having anime adaptions only so much material can fit in a short amount of time.
Old 2018-11-14, 15:33   Link #366
AceTrigger

1) Preview Images for Episode 8:

http://www.ten-sura.com/story/no8

2) We are getting Official Body Pillows:

https://twitter.com/wanpane/status/1062585121369350144

Spoiler:

3) OP & ED artists for the 2nd cour announced:

https://twitter.com/siruthP/status/1062532319704039424

OP by Terashima Takuma (He did the 1st OP), ED by Tadokoro Azusa ("SukaSuka" OP, "Musaigen no Phantom World" ED)
AceTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 17:33   Link #367
4th Dimension

This was a fine episode untill the Irfit fight IMO. That was a bit of a drag. There was just too much of them going about doing things while this powerfull spirit is just there chilling and waiting on them to formulate a plan. Which is kinda boring.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-16, 03:31   Link #368
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
This was a fine episode untill the Irfit fight IMO. That was a bit of a drag. There was just too much of them going about doing things while this powerfull spirit is just there chilling and waiting on them to formulate a plan. Which is kinda boring.
I feel like that's my only grime with the adpatation. This kind of "stopping time to show off your Chuuni hand movements to activate your power"-moments do feel very "90s"-style, but this isn't a Sentai show...

Koenig's feather attack for example flew for what felt like forever until Shizu(Ifrit) made that lotus-like thing appear behind her and slowly rose her hand to fire her own attack.

Something similar happened in Episode 1 where it felt like Satoru definitly still had more than enough time to dodge the knife himself, but it was instead treated like some table-top campaign or turn based RPG where "shoving someone aside" ends the turn.

Likewise in regards to the Ifrit fight once the 1on1 started between Rimuru and Ifrit. Ifrit not involving himself until the Salamanders died, other than the initial "greeting" of a fireball, can be brushed off as arrogance of a (relatively) strong being. But once the 1on1 started, it once again felt like some kind of turn based game, pokemon even!

-> Ifrit used flamae-bushin-no-jutsu x 10! 10 flame clones appear!
<- Rimuru Tempest used Icicle Shootgun (circular)! 10 flames clones get defeated! 0 EXP gained! The attack doesn't reach Ifrit because Ifrit is out of range!
-> Ifrit used Flare Circle! The attack is not effective...
<- Rimuru Tempest used Temperature Resistant Sticky Steel Threads! Ifrit's AGI falls considerably!
-> Ifrit used Flame Breath! The attack is not effective...
<- Rimuru used Unique Skill [Predator]! It's very effective!
Ifrit was defeated! 108 EXP gained!

...or something along those lines. It's not too bad at this point, but later there will truly be high-speed battles, and such a turn-based presentation would probably not fit that, so I hope the production team takes that into consideration.
Old 2018-11-17, 13:44   Link #369
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

More preview images for Episode 8. Among those 1 of the preview images from the official website is missing, but in turn it has 4 preview images that aren't shown on the official website. I really wonder what this person's source is...

https://twitter.com/senpaiShubham/st...04695965609985

It's good to see that the anime doesn't drop the ball, but instead finally puts that whole misunderstanding about the mix up between Shizu and "the hero from 300 years ago" to rest. Also seems we'll get a tease for the next arc at the end of the episode.
Old 2018-11-17, 15:43   Link #370
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
More preview images for Episode 8. Among those 1 of the preview images from the official website is missing, but in turn it has 4 preview images that aren't shown on the official website. I really wonder what this person's source is...

https://twitter.com/senpaiShubham/st...04695965609985
It's from sites like Animate times.
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/de...?id=1542268208
It comes out about a day later then the official site's preview.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 10:34   Link #371
mickbis

Episode 8. A VERY emotional episode fitting the ending of 1 arc
In RPG game format,
this is where the tutorial end... and where everything begun and I couldn't think it could get better than this

Music here is beyond my expectation...
execution of each scene is perfectly done and hit right into feeling
despite I know what will happen

cannot wait for the 2nd arc
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 11:38   Link #372
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I didn't watch the entire episode yet and only took a peek at a certain scene, but it seems they used a piano version of the ED, ANOTHER COLONY, for THAT scene.
Old 2018-11-19, 11:52   Link #373
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I didn't watch the entire episode yet and only took a peek at a certain scene, but it seems they used a piano version of the ED, ANOTHER COLONY, for THAT scene.
Indeed and it simply beautiful
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 12:22   Link #374
Ultragunner

wow, so they really went full 8 episodes for 1 vol

in case you have not noticed
Spoiler for spoiler in the OP:

and the anime finally address that Shizu is not the same person as the "Hero"

yeah, "Yuusha" vs "Eiyuu" so confusing sometimes
Old 2018-11-19, 12:46   Link #375
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I feel so dumb... only through the anime I finally made a realisation that I completely missed in all the 3 other versions of this story...

The fact that Rimuru didn't gain a "human form" from Shizu. What he gained was a "majin form", because Shizu's body became a majin after the summon by Leon and/or possession by Ifrit.

Rimuru still having the same voice in human form will take some time to get used to, to be honest.

Also someone please correct me if I am wrong, but did the anime just completely omit mentioning the fact that Shizu was kept as young entirely due to Ifrit? I was having dinner while watching the episode, so I might have missed it.

I can't wait for the live-reaction of people who had been under the false assumption that Shizu was the one who sealed Veldora...
Old 2018-11-19, 12:51   Link #376
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

OH MY GOD NOOOOOOO

Aw man, I didn't think she would pass like that. I did find it odd that she mentioned a couple times that she had been living in this world for decades and still looks so young. This is too sudden ;_;
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 12:55   Link #377
kari-no-sugata II

8 episodes for one LN volume was nice pacing. Even though I knew what was coming I never felt bored. Probably feels slow to people used to 12 episode series though but that's more of a recent phenomenon.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 15:26   Link #378
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 8 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 15:48   Link #379
SeaDoor

Very well done and clearly the ending of the first arc. For such a potentially silly premise of an anime, this series has been very enjoyable so far.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 16:19   Link #380
Dark Wing

Wow poor Shizu that hit really hard because her character was starting to grow on me. At least she can be at peace now.

Tags
isekai tensei