AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-18, 14:54   Link #201
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't mind the thing with Kaede because I think the show has made it clear that the "incest" element is pretty much just a joke and the reason Kaede clings to her brother so much is because of her trauma over what happened to her.
I konw, but this looks like the story trying to milk that clingness at least as long as the problem is not dealt with by having her interact with him in a way that portray her trauma in most typical brocon fashion imaginable. Up until this episode it wasn't really bad, but every scene and nearly dialogue with Kaede has her making suggestive passes to Sakuta Kaede's personal trauma and liking her brother romantically isn't necessarily mutually exclusive either. But then again her potential romance isn't taken seriously anyway.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 15:18   Link #202
Blonto

The guy constantly makes comments about other girl's butts and boobs. He went in and talked with the nerdy girl as she was bathing, like why would you do that instead of waiting for her to get out of the bath? And this a few eps after he said he wanted to masturbate to the sounds of a girl bathing. Wtf?

It's especially bad because the first three episodes made a big deal out of how in love the MC is with the girl, that he needs to prove his love to the world and whatnot, but the anime keeps shoving sexual tension with the other girls in there because one girl is never enough, while ironically every girl's life needs to revolve around one guy only. Christ.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 16:13   Link #203
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Sakuta cracking perv jokes doesn't really undermine his love for Mai. Generally speaking, you have kids that can't help but be a bit crude at times. And you would be surprised that this isn't just high school guys, but also high school girls who can be extremely blatant with their sexual innuendoes, to the point you might wonder if you heard it right.

But that aside, Sakuta never made any advance to any girl but Mai. He never tried anything with Tomoe even during the "dates" and so on. It is more like how Sakuta tries to be funny and/or break the ice.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-11-18 at 16:33.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 16:14   Link #204
Blueknight78

the main girl (may) for sure while does have some "jelous" is not your annoying tsundere main girl" which love to physically assault him whenever she feeels jealous, well sometimes she stomp on his "feet" but it's not like the mc himself "don't like it, he is clear a masochist and like some "violence" toward himsel.
Old 2018-11-18, 16:31   Link #205
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
The guy constantly makes comments about other girl's butts and boobs. He went in and talked with the nerdy girl as she was bathing, like why would you do that instead of waiting for her to get out of the bath? And this a few eps after he said he wanted to masturbate to the sounds of a girl bathing. Wtf?
To be fair, that girl was Mai. He said he had no interest in Futaba's bath broth .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Sakuta cracking perv jokes doesn't really undermine his love for Mai. Generally speaking, you have kids that can't help but be a bit crude at times. And you would be surprised that this isn't just high school guys, but also high school girls who can be extremely blatant with their sexual innuendoes, to the point you might wonder if you heard it right.

But that aside, Sakuta never made any advance to any girl but Mai. He never tried anything with Tomoe even during the "dates" and so on. It is more like how Sakuta tries to be funny and/or break the ice.
Plus he's a Rascal. He seems to enjoy setting people off with his comments .

Last edited by Frontier; 2018-11-18 at 17:11.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 16:36   Link #206
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
the main girl (may) for sure while does have some "jelous" is not your annoying tsundere main girl" which love to physically assault him whenever she feeels jealous, well sometimes she stomp on his "feet" but it's not like the mc himself "don't like it, he is clear a masochist and like some "violence" toward himsel.
I don't really think it's masochism, but more that a likeable girl is paying attention to him (even if via less than ideal means).
Old 2018-11-18, 17:11   Link #207
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
I don't really think it's masochism, but more that a likeable girl is paying attention to him (even if via less than ideal means).
well when kouga talked to him about may can punch him or something like that toward what he was doing he looked very "happy" about it even talkinb about how "good it could be".

while he is not a full "maso" he really have some "maso" on him.
Old 2018-11-18, 18:27   Link #208
Keila

Quote:
well when kouga talked to him about may can punch him or something like that toward what he was doing he looked very "happy" about it even talkinb about how "good it could be".

while he is not a full "maso" he really have some "maso" on him.
What episode was that?

The most 'maso' thing I can recall Sakuta doing (that clearly wasn't just screwing around/messing with people for the reaction) is where he gets 'punched' in episode 5 at the train station, but that was ultimately because he wanted to get into a fight in the first place (not because he enjoyed fighting or getting hit, but as a mechanism to change the world).

I mean, Futaba wanted to kick him in the arse he he declined.
Old 2018-11-18, 20:36   Link #209
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post

It's especially bad because the first three episodes made a big deal out of how in love the MC is with the girl, that he needs to prove his love to the world and whatnot, but the anime keeps shoving sexual tension with the other girls in there because one girl is never enough, while ironically every girl's life needs to revolve around one guy only. Christ.
Honestly I never really felt there was any sexual tension when Sakuta told those jokes. Futaba and Tomoe don't really any reaction that would indicate such when he tells them, they are pretty much just passive about his jokes as they seem to understand that's just his sense of humor.

I've seen people make that sort of jokes to each other before and it is usually just seen as a joke with everyone being nonchalant about it.
Old 2018-11-18, 21:48   Link #210
Applehell

Images
Bunny Girl
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

source
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 22:50   Link #211
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Images
Bunny Girl
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

source
This is pretty good! Almost looks like official art .

And Mai looks as stunning as always .

(I really hope that outfit makes another comeback at some point )
Old 2018-11-19, 05:44   Link #212
Dextro
He Without a Title

Speaking of maso tendencies: don't forget all those times Sakuta is seen enjoying when Mai is pressing down on his foot as punishment.
Old 2018-11-19, 08:09   Link #213
eisai_haramasukoi

Going back to the episode, I think Futaba's twin is the one she wanted to be, compared to the one she currently is.

Goddamnit, Kunimi. You need a better girlfriend.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 10:25   Link #214
kari-no-sugata II

Right now this series is doing a good job of avoiding the "stink" of a harem despite the protagonist being male and almost everyone he interacts with being female.

I'd say this mainly comes down to how strong Sakuta and Mai are as a couple and how clearly any alternatives are shot down. Sakuta is making it very clear that he has no interest in a harem - that only Mai is allowed to romance him. He's not just against letting a harem form but will actively move to dismantle one before it can form. How far he'd be willing to go and whether anyone can truly challenge Mai for his affections remains to be seen.

I guess you could say that the series overall is about our MC dealing with girls and "adolescence syndrome". For him, this is mostly a "negative" but he doesn't complain and the same problem also allowed him to form a relationship with Mai. I guess you could say that in general he sympathises with girls who are stuck in a difficult problem but not with those who are a problem themselves (eg Kunimi's girlfriend). From a pure romance point of view you could say that it's about setting up a relationship and then overcoming various obstacles, though the underlying cause of that romance and the subsequent obstacles are the same ("adolescence syndrome").

It's nice that Mai is dealing with this maturely. It would be rather unfair for her to complain if Sakuta wants to help save other girls like he helped save her - she just wants to avoid "complications". Instead of being clingy and jealous she takes the far more grown up stance of lightly supporting him. The danger though is if it becomes too stressful for their relationship - it's a shame we don't get to see more of Sakuta and Mai interacting without "adolescence syndrome" interfering.

Kaede is an interesting special case. She's family and currently it's impossible for Kaede to survive without Sakuta. She doesn't go outside and barely interacts with anyone apart from him. From that point of view, I don't have any problem with her being somewhat clingy and jealous - for her, it'd be bad if Sakuta is "taken away". Her crawling into Sakuta's bed is rather overdoing it but it's tolerable, particularly with how Sakuta deals with it. Mai is again dealing with this nicely - doing some small things to help support Kaede rather than see her as an opponent. From Kaede's point of view, it would probably be better for her if Mai is more about "gaining a big sister" rather than "losing a big brother".

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Futaba. After all, she fell for Kunimi when he helped her at a low point. Based on that it's easy to see her falling for Sakuta. If this series wanted to go down the harem route that'd definitely be what would happen. However, since she's currently in love with Kunimi I'd guess that either she decides to finally confess to him or to give up once and for all. Maybe in the end we'll see Sakuta commenting to Futaba about her being a "rascal" rather than the other way around, heh.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 10:33   Link #215
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Speaking of maso tendencies: don't forget all those times Sakuta is seen enjoying when Mai is pressing down on his foot as punishment.
Well, he is a bit of a dick. So him being "punished" to him likely means he has just scored a critical hit and is a validation of his wit
No wonder he doesn't mind.

And yeah, his sexual remarks have been mostly with Mai, with whoom it's been a thing they do from the start, where they engage in high stakes needling of one another. Sakuta trying to find her weakspots and her raising the stakes to see if he chickens out.
Just like that conversation of their where she asks him if he is having lewd thought and when he escalates it she tries to bring him down by saying she doesn't mind YOUNG men having such thought about her and so on.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 13:59   Link #216
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
well to be fair japaneses are "jealous" normally in the beginner later when they marry and after have the first kid, cheating become "normal" since the couple start to see each other less and less due to both overworking: husband at the job and wife at home, then they start to look for "extra sex" since they normally don't have time to each other it's a very sad reality, the marriage in japan, in most cases the love disappear and become more like a "partnership" than a romance.
There is also the kind of woman whose post 4chan post was featured all around the internet lol.
Not to forget that a good bunch's main concern when marring seems to be, at least according to the internet, their husbands income - Notably figures newbie prosecutors earn where I live. Then again Japan probably has higher average wages too and I don't know whether they get paid 12 or "14"(Like where I live) times and whether that includes tax.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2018-11-19 at 14:20.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 15:00   Link #217
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
There is also the kind of woman whose post 4chan post was featured all around the internet lol.
Not to forget that a good bunch's main concern when marring seems to be, at least according to the internet, their husbands income - Notably figures newbie prosecutors earn where I live. Then again Japan probably has higher average wages too and I don't know whether they get paid 12 or "14"(Like where I live) times and whether that includes tax.
the big problem in japan is which is a "very expensive country" for marriage couple, if you are single then your payment will be enough to have a "good life" of otaku if you find a well balanced job, things start to get crap exactly when you stop to be single and marry and kids comes, the expensives are a bit of high, in japan all the "public services" are not free (not in the sense of already being counted in the taxes), here in my country brazil (don't know how exactly work in others countries), public health and education are "free" which means already accounted in the taxes, ofcourse they are "very very crap" but you don't have to pay for most of the commons health issues and can place your kids at school(now if you gonna survive or have your kids to "learn something is another history) in japan both public health and schools are "payed" and while they are not that expensive as private services they still expensive enough to in most of the cases for the husband have to work literally to "death" to make sure his family is get all the proper support once he will be the one bringing money and in most cases the woman stop of work if she was working (sometimes because she wanted and others because for womans in japan go back to work after have babies is very hard and complicated because they can't afford the same ammount of time to work they did before.

if i'm not wrong the average work hours for the "average" japanese worker is around 12 to 16h, with some crazy cases going around 20 to 24h, basically in some cases the husband only go home in weekends and holidays expending most of his time on his job or places "around the job" because is much more easy for him than go back home and loosing time.

It's a very crap reality and vicious situation due the they "workaholic nature".
Old 2018-11-21, 15:31   Link #218
kari-no-sugata II

Well, that was over quickly.

Next is... body swap?
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 15:43   Link #219
grecefar

I really love the friendship between those three, is the kind of friendship you put over romantic relationships and kunimi girlfriend needs to catch that.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 15:50   Link #220
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Well, that was over quickly.

Next is... body swap?
Yep, a body swap, should be interesting

Anyway, I now know why the scientist futaba was so bummed when the other was living at her house, it was huge compared to sakuta's house.

As for who survived, I'd like to think their memories merged, although that would be very confusing for her, having different memories of those days they were living separate lives.

What happens after the confession should be interesting too, they somehow continued on like normal but I've been wanting to see kunimi dump his horrible girlfriend for futaba since the first episode, but that would break one of the fundamental rules of a harem series, is the show willing to break that rule?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem