AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-21, 02:06   Link #481
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Am I the only one who cares how Alexis is so easily identified as an alien even though he looks like just any other kaiju
Old 2018-11-21, 04:31   Link #482
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Am I the only one who cares how Alexis is so easily identified as an alien even though he looks like just any other kaiju
What does a "Kaiju" even look like, specifically? They're all different, some looking even human and then transforming. Though if their world is virtual I wonder if Alexis isn't more of a malicious AI/virus.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 04:58   Link #483
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Kaijuu is giant monster smh
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 09:02   Link #484
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
What does a "Kaiju" even look like, specifically? They're all different, some looking even human and then transforming. Though if their world is virtual I wonder if Alexis isn't more of a malicious AI/virus.
exactly, so I wonder how Yuta could just go "ALIEN!!!" upon seeing him

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Kaijuu is giant monster smh
You do realize plenty of the Tsuburaya "kaiju" are aliens yes.... so specifically identifying Alexis as an alien while implying that the others aren't takes quite sharp perception.
Old 2018-11-21, 09:41   Link #485
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^
smh
Alexis is human size
Old 2018-11-21, 10:26   Link #486
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
exactly, so I wonder how Yuta could just go "ALIEN!!!" upon seeing him
Probably due to the accumulation of what's been fed to his mind. Sho first planted the idea of "after kaijus, aliens comes next" to Yuta. Thanks to that influence, Yuta also thought Calibur as an alien when he first came to Junk Shop. Then comes Yuta's encounter with Ano II where she said that Akane was taken advantage of by someone from "outside". When Yuta asked whether or not the "outsider" is an alien, Ano II didn't really deny it. I guess the final piece of the puzzle is when Yuta finally saw Alexis in all his techno-weirdness glory for the first time. By that point, the "alien"-conclusion should come almost naturally to him .

I don't blame Yuta though. If I see Khan Digifier in real life, my first guess would also be an alien:

Old 2018-11-21, 11:36   Link #487
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Alexis looks like an alien, so Yuta thinking he's an alien isn't weird. Especially since he already assumed the man behind the man was an alien.

I.... can't say I'm particularly charmed by how shitty Yuta's friends have been this episode.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 02:42   Link #488
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Alexis looks like an alien, so Yuta thinking he's an alien isn't weird. Especially since he already assumed the man behind the man was an alien.

I.... can't say I'm particularly charmed by how shitty Yuta's friends have been this episode.
I recall a commenter elsewhere saying their doubts towards Yuuta's story is largely to do with Akane.

Utsumi's crushing on Akane; Rikka wants to restore her old friendship with Akane. Both want to get closer to her, so they end up dismissing Yuta's story because of that bias of theirs.

It's a reflection of Akane's social duality - likable and popular enough at the surface, psychotic villian in private - and how it affects people's initial perceptions based on skin-deep appearances.

It's like in those shows when the MC comes screaming to their friends that A's an evil killer, only for them to laugh it off because A's such a nice, charitable person in public.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 08:08   Link #489
Chosen_Hero

^Only difference is that in anime she will be forgiven for all the people she actively murdered and never have to deal with the consequences of her actions.
Old 2018-11-22, 08:17   Link #490
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
It's like in those shows when the MC comes screaming to their friends that A's an evil killer, only for them to laugh it off because A's such a nice, charitable person in public.
I know, the MC's friends always break character and become shitty douchebags in these kinds of episodes. That's why these episodes never work.
Old 2018-11-22, 11:18   Link #491
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I recall a commenter elsewhere saying their doubts towards Yuuta's story is largely to do with Akane.

Utsumi's crushing on Akane; Rikka wants to restore her old friendship with Akane. Both want to get closer to her, so they end up dismissing Yuta's story because of that bias of theirs.

It's a reflection of Akane's social duality - likable and popular enough at the surface, psychotic villian in private - and how it affects people's initial perceptions based on skin-deep appearances.

Not to mention Yuta had absolutely no proof for his accusation, plus it came from a kaiju, the same things they've been fighting all along.

I don't know why everyone is so quick to call them assholes because they didn't believe Yuta. Are they simply supposed to believe every word that comes out of his mouth?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 12:19   Link #492
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^At least they should check
Old 2018-11-22, 12:35   Link #493
Dragon_Slayer_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Not to mention Yuta had absolutely no proof for his accusation, plus it came from a kaiju, the same things they've been fighting all along.

I don't know why everyone is so quick to call them assholes because they didn't believe Yuta. Are they simply supposed to believe every word that comes out of his mouth?
Nope it's how they treated his words with almost no importance until Max spoke up. Especially with Rikka being busy with her mobile (ignore mode) and Utsumi straight out hiding stuff.

Considering the guy has been risking his life and almost got killed once because of Utsumi's stupidity, the least they could do is atleast consider his words. Yuuta deserved that much.

So calling them assholes is quite valid. Especially Utsumi............
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 16:35   Link #494
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:

Because he wasn’t lying, they knew he would never lie about that, and regardless of where the info came from the way they treated him for it and reacted to him was utterly jackass towards the guy who’s been putting his neck on the line for everybody since episode one.

And essentially yes, they should believe every word that comes out of his mouth. He’s far and beyond earned that much.
Old 2018-11-22, 16:56   Link #495
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^At least they should check
That I can agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Because he wasn’t lying, they knew he would never lie about that,
No one said he was lying.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 17:09   Link #496
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
No one said he was lying.
His "friends" did.

Quote:
Are they simply supposed to believe every word that comes out of his mouth?
That's what friends do.
Old 2018-11-22, 17:21   Link #497
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

They didn't have to believe he was correct, but they had to believe in his sincerity, and consider his words seriously instead of dismissing them out of hand.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 17:31   Link #498
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yuuta's real friends are the Chuugakusei squad. Maybe that was the intended message and maybe not, but that's how it came off.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 17:39   Link #499
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yuuta's real friends are the Chuugakusei squad. Maybe that was the intended message and maybe not, but that's how it came off.
I'm not saying Rikka and Utsumi are Yuuta's friends, but does that make the Middle Schoolers "real friends"? They have some kind of common goal with Gridman, but they haven't really been forthcoming about what they know.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 18:53   Link #500
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think they’ve been supportive both in the combat and personal sense (look at Max taking an interest in his romantic struggles, for example - such as they are). I mean, they’re *made* to literally be support, so maybe they don’t have a choice - but that’s what friends act like.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kaiju, super hero, tokusatsu, tsuburaya